RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Band still pressing and sitting on ear?!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,The bands are typically a little loose, especially in the beginning. Is it pushing his ear in half? That would not be a good thing.Cece's band gets pretty close to her ear. Depending on what she is doing it occasionally touches it. You can see a picture of it here. (I also threw in a picture of her favorite activity, unrolling toilet paper). It could be trimmed up, but this is a holding spot (no velcro) so it's holding the bulging area. When she needs an adjustment it gets closer to the ear. Some mornings her ear is a little red because she is now sleeping on that side. It disappears quickly. Kind of reminds me when I would fall asleep in the VW Bug as a kid. My face would say "VW" for a while after I woke up. Didn't hurt, just kind of funny.If you're not comfortable with your ortho then perhaps ask for parental references. The main thing is if you are seeing progress. I thought I read that you had seen some improvement already. Hooray! If so he's on the right path!Mom to Dane 4 yo (DOC Grad) and Cece almost 11 mo! (DOC)P.S. I apologize if I post twice. I replied to you several hours ago, but the post seems to have disappeared in land. >> My son just started wearing his starband, and I just> spent the afternoon on the phone talking to his doctor> about the very same issue. The helmet moves around> throughout the day and often lands on one of his ears,> pushing it flat against his head. When we put him to> sleep with it on, it twists all the way to the top of> his eyes. I have been worried about how it will work> if it is constantly moving and slipping, and pushing> on what seem to be the "wrong" places. Thank you for> this post about switching to another band. I am> beginning to wish we had gone with the doc band from> the start, and am definitely going to explore that in> the near future!>

Guest guest

,The bands are typically a little loose, especially in the beginning. Is it pushing his ear in half? That would not be a good thing.Cece's band gets pretty close to her ear. Depending on what she is doing it occasionally touches it. You can see a picture of it here. (I also threw in a picture of her favorite activity, unrolling toilet paper). It could be trimmed up, but this is a holding spot (no velcro) so it's holding the bulging area. When she needs an adjustment it gets closer to the ear. Some mornings her ear is a little red because she is now sleeping on that side. It disappears quickly. Kind of reminds me when I would fall asleep in the VW Bug as a kid. My face would say "VW" for a while after I woke up. Didn't hurt, just kind of funny.If you're not comfortable with your ortho then perhaps ask for parental references. The main thing is if you are seeing progress. I thought I read that you had seen some improvement already. Hooray! If so he's on the right path!Mom to Dane 4 yo (DOC Grad) and Cece almost 11 mo! (DOC)P.S. I apologize if I post twice. I replied to you several hours ago, but the post seems to have disappeared in land. >> My son just started wearing his starband, and I just> spent the afternoon on the phone talking to his doctor> about the very same issue. The helmet moves around> throughout the day and often lands on one of his ears,> pushing it flat against his head. When we put him to> sleep with it on, it twists all the way to the top of> his eyes. I have been worried about how it will work> if it is constantly moving and slipping, and pushing> on what seem to be the "wrong" places. Thank you for> this post about switching to another band. I am> beginning to wish we had gone with the doc band from> the start, and am definitely going to explore that in> the near future!>