RemedySpot.com

Re: challange

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To all of you with challenges of depression and other illnesses ~~ one side of my family has 'the curse' as I refer to it as ---- my uncle has suffered with it all of his life -- and one of his grandsons has it also

On one hand a DR is telling you to loose weight and then giving you a prescription that will make you gain makes sense huh!!

that has been my gripe with insulin. It seems to always make me hungry till I have been on it a long time. Some meds I am on weight gain is a side affect. I'm sure one of these days they will make some diabetic medicine that will NOT put weight on you, course I'll be dead by then.

( MWDW@... )#TX 1743, ville(south of San )

Yahoo! MailStay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour

I'm glad that you aunt has stood by your uncle, and yes, she truly is a saint.

BethRandie wrote:

To all of you with challenges of depression and other illnesses ~~ one side of my family has 'the curse' as I refer to it as ---- my uncle has suffered with it all of his life -- and one of his grandsons has it also

On one hand a DR is telling you to loose weight and then giving you a prescription that will make you gain makes sense huh!!

that has been my gripe with insulin. It seems to always make me hungry till I have been on it a long time. Some meds I am on weight gain is a side affect. I'm sure one of these days they will make some diabetic medicine that will NOT put weight on you, course I'll be dead by then.

I'm glad that you aunt has stood by your uncle, and yes, she truly is a saint.

BethRandie wrote:

I hope so. I'm trying. I have a lot of friends and family backing me so maybe I will. Love, PepperBeja92430@... wrote:

People who have never had to deal with depression can't even begin to imagine how horrible it can get. I still get depressed but it is not as bad as it was. I am fighting it and hoepfully I will win this battle. Love, Pepper

You will win the battle Peper!!!!!!!!

Betty 2__________________________________________________

I hope so. I'm trying. I have a lot of friends and family backing me so maybe I will. Love, PepperBeja92430@... wrote:

People who have never had to deal with depression can't even begin to imagine how horrible it can get. I still get depressed but it is not as bad as it was. I am fighting it and hoepfully I will win this battle. Love, Pepper

You will win the battle Peper!!!!!!!!

Betty 2__________________________________________________

Beth, I know you understand very well what I am talking about then. It would be so easy to just give in. If I did not have and my girls I would. My biggest fear is that one day I am not going to think about them and just give up. Once you cross the line there is no going back. Its just that I am so tired of being in pain and not being able to do things like I want to, especially working. I miss working. I miss helping my little ladies. I just miss not being able to do as I use to. I always try to look at all my blessings, and I have quite a few , and I keep on going. I am glad you are doing better. Love pepper Beth wrote:

I want you to win this battle Pepper. I am sorry that you have had such a rough time. Sometimes life just does stink and even though we do our best, we still get depressed and that is okay. I have been down the suicidal road and actually tried twice. Thank God I didn't succeed. Having family surely does help. My daughter too has been such a help and support the past couple of years. Things are so much better and I sincerely hope that you will find some relief soon and can walk and see the sunshine again.

I am glad that you are fighting...keep fighting...life is worth living...

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

I fought with depression for a long time before I finally gave in and decided to give the anti depressants a chance. I handled a lot of misfortures in my time including every type of abuse there is, but, what was the final straw was when I got to the point I could not take care of myself, much less others, like I was doing. It had gotten so bad that I hated myself because I felt like I was a burden to my family and I felt like I was letting a lot of folks down because I was not able to do things for them like I had been doing. I got suicidal and I knew then it was time to get some kind of help. The effexor helped but it made me hungry all the time and the lexapor makes me sometime get the shakes like diet pills use to do. I am going to the doctor Monday and hopefully he will be able to put me on some other type.

If I did not have the loving, wonderful, understanding and caring daughter and husband I have I don't think i would ever had been able to pull up from that last bout of depression. Having supporting family and friends can really help a lot.

People who have never had to deal with depression can't even begin to imagine how horrible it can get. I still get depressed but it is not as bad as it was. I am fighting it and hoepfully I will win this battle. Love, Pepper Beth wrote:

I take 3 medications to deal with my mood disorder with a 4th available if I need it . I learned a long time not to recommend medications as each person responds differently to medications or a combination of medications. Also, the length of time one is on medication varies and there are other factors, such as if it is taken in combination with counseling, etc. It took a while to find what worked for me and then a little while longer for the medication level to build up to a theraputic level. I was also able to get some counseling which really helped. I do however encourage those who need the medication to take it. There are so many good medications available now a days and your doctor who knows your health concerns is your best source for a recommendation. Taking my medications has made all the difference in the world. It allows me to be a functional person. One thing that I had to learn to do is to deal with the

total person, body, mind and spirit. I hope that you can find something that works for you. Hang in there. Being depressed can really be the pits (no pun intended) and there is no sense in struggling if a medication can be help. It seems as though you have/have had an awful lot on your plate. I hope that you can get some relief soon.

Take care and may you have a day filled with peace and blessings,

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

I have to take antidepressants and I was on one called effexor and it also made me hunrgy. I don't know which was worse the saddness I felt or the hunger. I was then put on lexapor (sp.?) and it makes me feel wierd so Monday I am going to the doctor and see what else they can give me. I hate taking antidepressants but the lupus and the fibromyalgia makes me so depressed and then with the loss of my brother I have tot ake them to even deal with life these days. Is any of you out on antidepressants that you might could recommend? Zoloft is not covered by my insurance. Thanks Peppermwdw@... wrote:

Beth, I know you understand very well what I am talking about then. It would be so easy to just give in. If I did not have and my girls I would. My biggest fear is that one day I am not going to think about them and just give up. Once you cross the line there is no going back. Its just that I am so tired of being in pain and not being able to do things like I want to, especially working. I miss working. I miss helping my little ladies. I just miss not being able to do as I use to. I always try to look at all my blessings, and I have quite a few , and I keep on going. I am glad you are doing better. Love pepper Beth wrote:

I want you to win this battle Pepper. I am sorry that you have had such a rough time. Sometimes life just does stink and even though we do our best, we still get depressed and that is okay. I have been down the suicidal road and actually tried twice. Thank God I didn't succeed. Having family surely does help. My daughter too has been such a help and support the past couple of years. Things are so much better and I sincerely hope that you will find some relief soon and can walk and see the sunshine again.

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

I fought with depression for a long time before I finally gave in and decided to give the anti depressants a chance. I handled a lot of misfortures in my time including every type of abuse there is, but, what was the final straw was when I got to the point I could not take care of myself, much less others, like I was doing. It had gotten so bad that I hated myself because I felt like I was a burden to my family and I felt like I was letting a lot of folks down because I was not able to do things for them like I had been doing. I got suicidal and I knew then it was time to get some kind of help. The effexor helped but it made me hungry all the time and the lexapor makes me sometime get the shakes like diet pills use to do. I am going to the doctor Monday and hopefully he will be able to put me on some other type.

If I did not have the loving, wonderful, understanding and caring daughter and husband I have I don't think i would ever had been able to pull up from that last bout of depression. Having supporting family and friends can really help a lot.

People who have never had to deal with depression can't even begin to imagine how horrible it can get. I still get depressed but it is not as bad as it was. I am fighting it and hoepfully I will win this battle. Love, Pepper Beth wrote:

I take 3 medications to deal with my mood disorder with a 4th available if I need it . I learned a long time not to recommend medications as each person responds differently to medications or a combination of medications. Also, the length of time one is on medication varies and there are other factors, such as if it is taken in combination with counseling, etc. It took a while to find what worked for me and then a little while longer for the medication level to build up to a theraputic level. I was also able to get some counseling which really helped. I do however encourage those who need the medication to take it. There are so many good medications available now a days and your doctor who knows your health concerns is your best source for a recommendation. Taking my medications has made all the difference in the world. It allows me to be a functional person. One thing that I had to learn to do is to deal with the

total person, body, mind and spirit. I hope that you can find something that works for you. Hang in there. Being depressed can really be the pits (no pun intended) and there is no sense in struggling if a medication can be help. It seems as though you have/have had an awful lot on your plate. I hope that you can get some relief soon.

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

I have to take antidepressants and I was on one called effexor and it also made me hunrgy. I don't know which was worse the saddness I felt or the hunger. I was then put on lexapor (sp.?) and it makes me feel wierd so Monday I am going to the doctor and see what else they can give me. I hate taking antidepressants but the lupus and the fibromyalgia makes me so depressed and then with the loss of my brother I have tot ake them to even deal with life these days. Is any of you out on antidepressants that you might could recommend? Zoloft is not covered by my insurance. Thanks Peppermwdw@... wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Keep looking at those blessings Pepper -- they ARE there !!!!!!! You have a WONDERFUL caring family for one !!!!!!! Hugs, Randie

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

I take 3 medications to deal with my mood disorder with a 4th available if I need it . I learned a long time not to recommend medications as each person responds differently to medications or a combination of medications. Also, the length of time one is on medication varies and there are other factors, such as if it is taken in combination with counseling, etc. It took a while to find what worked for me and then a little while longer for the medication level to build up to a theraputic level. I was also able to get some counseling which really helped. I do however encourage those who need the medication to take it. There are so many good medications available now a days and your doctor who knows your health concerns is your best source for a recommendation. Taking my medications has made all the difference in the world. It allows me to be a functional person. One thing that I had to learn to do is to deal with the total person, body, mind and spirit. I hope that you can find something that works for you. Hang in there. Being depressed can really be the pits (no pun intended) and there is no sense in struggling if a medication can be help. It seems as though you have/have had an awful lot on your plate. I hope that you can get some relief soon.

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

One day at a time...sometimes half a day at a time...You can make it...I find that journaling helps... sometimes I would just sit a "draw" ( I am not an artist, but would just express myself as best I could with markers, etc anything to get the fear and negative feelings out)

Of course, the drawings and most of the journals are locked away in a trunk...Eventually I learned to focus on my blessings and the emphasis shifted to more positive thoughts...

Peace and blessings,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Thats exactly what I do....Take one dasy at a time and deal with getting through it. I feel ok most days, but, when the depression hits, it usually hits hard. I try to stay occupied and keep my mind busy and away from thoughts that should not be there anyways. It amazes how the doctor will ask you if you feel like you are going to hurt someone or yourself. I mean do people really say yes they feel like they are going to hurt someone. I never dream of hurting someone...thats my biggest downfall...I feel like I am hurting everyone that cares for me by being sick and sometimes being a burden on them. (even though they say I am not)

I feel like I have hurt my little ladies I use to mow yards for and fix food for them and run errands for them and that gets me down, so NO, I never feel like I want to hurt anyone. Thats crazy for sure. There has been a time or two I thought about giving up, but, I usually remember what my youngest brother's death (23 years old, in 1979) did to the whole family and I sure do not want to put them through that again. I do understand now why he did it, but, it does not make it any easier to accept. Depression is an awful awful battle one has to go through. It sometimes is fought alone and thats what so dangerous about it. At least I have troops in my battle field. I too write journals and it helps. I also always try and find a ray of sunshine through any cloud I have to go through. Something bad happens I look for soemthing that could have been a lot worse and it has always helped me deal with the

situation. I am hanging in there. With my fmaily and friends I got plenty of pull for me.

Take care, pepperBeth wrote:

One day at a time...sometimes half a day at a time...You can make it...I find that journaling helps... sometimes I would just sit a "draw" ( I am not an artist, but would just express myself as best I could with markers, etc anything to get the fear and negative feelings out)

Of course, the drawings and most of the journals are locked away in a trunk...Eventually I learned to focus on my blessings and the emphasis shifted to more positive thoughts...

Peace and blessings,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Thats exactly what I do....Take one dasy at a time and deal with getting through it. I feel ok most days, but, when the depression hits, it usually hits hard. I try to stay occupied and keep my mind busy and away from thoughts that should not be there anyways. It amazes how the doctor will ask you if you feel like you are going to hurt someone or yourself. I mean do people really say yes they feel like they are going to hurt someone. I never dream of hurting someone...thats my biggest downfall...I feel like I am hurting everyone that cares for me by being sick and sometimes being a burden on them. (even though they say I am not)

I feel like I have hurt my little ladies I use to mow yards for and fix food for them and run errands for them and that gets me down, so NO, I never feel like I want to hurt anyone. Thats crazy for sure. There has been a time or two I thought about giving up, but, I usually remember what my youngest brother's death (23 years old, in 1979) did to the whole family and I sure do not want to put them through that again. I do understand now why he did it, but, it does not make it any easier to accept. Depression is an awful awful battle one has to go through. It sometimes is fought alone and thats what so dangerous about it. At least I have troops in my battle field. I too write journals and it helps. I also always try and find a ray of sunshine through any cloud I have to go through. Something bad happens I look for soemthing that could have been a lot worse and it has always helped me deal with the

situation. I am hanging in there. With my fmaily and friends I got plenty of pull for me.

Peace and blessings,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Peace and blessings,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

HI PEPPER! I TAKE LEXAPRO AND I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR IT MYSELF. IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU HUNGRY BUT IT HAS OTHER SIDE EFFECTS THAT I DON'T CARE FOR. I HAVEN'T REALLY FOUND ANYTHING THAT REALLY WORKS.

I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH. WHAT WERE YOU DIAGNOSED WITH FIRST THE FIBROMYALGIA OR THE LUPUS? MY MOM HAS FIBROMYALGIA BUT SHE THINKS SHE HAS LUPUS AND SHE CAN'T GET A DR. TO HELP HER FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER. CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS AND HOW TO TELL THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE 2? I WOULD APPRECIATE ITPepper wrote:

TOPS ((HUGS)), GLORIA

CONTEST CHAIRPERSON AND PROGRAM LEADER

#TX 1268, JOSHUA

REMEMBER: YOU CONTROL THE FORK!

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

Thanks Randie. You are so right. Hey are we still going to try and get together this year? PepperRandie wrote:

Keep looking at those blessings Pepper -- they ARE there !!!!!!! You have a WONDERFUL caring family for one !!!!!!! Hugs, Randie

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Thanks Randie. You are so right. Hey are we still going to try and get together this year? PepperRandie wrote:

Have a blessed day,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth Pepper wrote:

Thank you Randie. Up until all these health issues occured I was relatively happy. I have had more than my fair share of heartaches throughout my life. I have had many people tell me that I should write a book but I don't have a clue as to how to go about that. I have spoke 3 times at shelters for battered women though and IF I at least made a difference with one person then it was worth reliving the heartache I been through. Even with all of what I been through I was always able to find a "bright side" to it until I got to the point I am at today. I feel like I have lost all my dependency and thats a terrible feeling. Even when all your loved ones tell you that you are not a burden and that they love you...you still feel the way you feel.

Depression is a horrible illness. My brother took his life when he was just 23. I was devastated and very hurt. I questioned myself many many times why wasn't my love enough to keep him going. We were very close and he chose to take his life while I was in the hospital having surgery so... "I would not have to deal with his death"...his words not mine. I did not find out about his death until a week AFTER his services. It is very hard to attend a funeral, but, it is even worse to not be able to say that final goodbye. I have no closesure to his death. I now have some understanding though. It had nothing to do with me not loving him enough. It had to do with his inner feelings period and when you cross that line you usually do not get a second chance. His death took a toll on the whole family and none of us ever really got over it. For years I just did not understand, but, now I do. You

just want to get out of the pain, whether it is physcial or not. He was hurting in his heart. (long story) and I am hurting all over and feel useless. It is a constant battle to keep on going sometimes and fortuneately I have lots and lots of troops and they are a lot of them here by my side. That helps. Those who have not ever been really depressed can not imagine the private hell one goes through with it. I just figure I ahve been through so much and have survived so it would be pretty brainless to give up now, besides I know and the girls all need me even if I can not do a lot of physcial things anymore. I can still love and think!!! LOL Thanks for encouraging words and for understanding. Love pepper.Randie wrote:

Thank you Randie. Up until all these health issues occured I was relatively happy. I have had more than my fair share of heartaches throughout my life. I have had many people tell me that I should write a book but I don't have a clue as to how to go about that. I have spoke 3 times at shelters for battered women though and IF I at least made a difference with one person then it was worth reliving the heartache I been through. Even with all of what I been through I was always able to find a "bright side" to it until I got to the point I am at today. I feel like I have lost all my dependency and thats a terrible feeling. Even when all your loved ones tell you that you are not a burden and that they love you...you still feel the way you feel.

Depression is a horrible illness. My brother took his life when he was just 23. I was devastated and very hurt. I questioned myself many many times why wasn't my love enough to keep him going. We were very close and he chose to take his life while I was in the hospital having surgery so... "I would not have to deal with his death"...his words not mine. I did not find out about his death until a week AFTER his services. It is very hard to attend a funeral, but, it is even worse to not be able to say that final goodbye. I have no closesure to his death. I now have some understanding though. It had nothing to do with me not loving him enough. It had to do with his inner feelings period and when you cross that line you usually do not get a second chance. His death took a toll on the whole family and none of us ever really got over it. For years I just did not understand, but, now I do. You

just want to get out of the pain, whether it is physcial or not. He was hurting in his heart. (long story) and I am hurting all over and feel useless. It is a constant battle to keep on going sometimes and fortuneately I have lots and lots of troops and they are a lot of them here by my side. That helps. Those who have not ever been really depressed can not imagine the private hell one goes through with it. I just figure I ahve been through so much and have survived so it would be pretty brainless to give up now, besides I know and the girls all need me even if I can not do a lot of physcial things anymore. I can still love and think!!! LOL Thanks for encouraging words and for understanding. Love pepper.Randie wrote:

Pepper, I am glad that you were able to speak at the women's shelters. You may never know what impact your words will have and/or when they will affect someone. I made a comment to a lady one time and didn't think anything of it but years later our husbands were stationed together at the same base and we ran into each other. The first thing she remembered were the positive things I had said to her (and I barely remembered her).

I understand the feelings of uselessness. I used to be so active and it came to the point where I could barely do anything. I finally had to learn that my value didn't come from being busy or involved in anything or what society considers "acceptable activity." Learning to so it without guilt was almost as hard. I talked to my priest a few months ago and told him that honestly, right now, all I could do was to come to the service, contribute financially what and when I could and bring the grandkids when I could. His comment?? "So what is wrong with that?" I was so surprised, because I expected another lecture on getting involved "anyway", etc.

I have had learn to accept my limitations and not feel guilty. I had the bright idea a couple of years ago to go back to school and pick up some job training (long story for another day). At times it was overwhelming and I had a couple of "mini-breakdowns." I lack one course completing the program and hope to finish it the Spring semester 2006. It was hard, but I finally had to accept that I couldn't take the course load I envisioned and help with the kids and housework and still be okay physically and mentally.

It is okay to have limitations. We don't have to feel guilty and/or beat ourselves up mentally or punish ourselves because we have them. I think that is why God gave us family and friends, to be our hands and feet when ours may not work for a season. One thing that I have learned is that it is better to admit our limitations than to just try to cover them up and pretend that there is nothing wrong. It always comes out someway anyway (usually in a negative manner) and causes more problems.

Take care and have a blessed, guilt-free day!!! You are loved and have value simple because you are alive!!!

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

Pepper, I am glad that you were able to speak at the women's shelters. You may never know what impact your words will have and/or when they will affect someone. I made a comment to a lady one time and didn't think anything of it but years later our husbands were stationed together at the same base and we ran into each other. The first thing she remembered were the positive things I had said to her (and I barely remembered her).

I understand the feelings of uselessness. I used to be so active and it came to the point where I could barely do anything. I finally had to learn that my value didn't come from being busy or involved in anything or what society considers "acceptable activity." Learning to so it without guilt was almost as hard. I talked to my priest a few months ago and told him that honestly, right now, all I could do was to come to the service, contribute financially what and when I could and bring the grandkids when I could. His comment?? "So what is wrong with that?" I was so surprised, because I expected another lecture on getting involved "anyway", etc.

I have had learn to accept my limitations and not feel guilty. I had the bright idea a couple of years ago to go back to school and pick up some job training (long story for another day). At times it was overwhelming and I had a couple of "mini-breakdowns." I lack one course completing the program and hope to finish it the Spring semester 2006. It was hard, but I finally had to accept that I couldn't take the course load I envisioned and help with the kids and housework and still be okay physically and mentally.

It is okay to have limitations. We don't have to feel guilty and/or beat ourselves up mentally or punish ourselves because we have them. I think that is why God gave us family and friends, to be our hands and feet when ours may not work for a season. One thing that I have learned is that it is better to admit our limitations than to just try to cover them up and pretend that there is nothing wrong. It always comes out someway anyway (usually in a negative manner) and causes more problems.

Take care and have a blessed, guilt-free day!!! You are loved and have value simple because you are alive!!!

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

TOPS hugs and smiles,

Beth

Pepper wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH PEPPER FOR THE INFORMATION. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS AND I HOPE THE MEDS THAT THE DOCTOR GAVE YOU CAN HELP YOU THROUGH THIS ROUGH TIME.

((HUGS))Pepper wrote:

I was diagnosed with lupus first. The symptoms were that I was tired a lot, TERRIBLY depressed over NOTHING, my ANA count was extremely high, and a rash came on my cheeks and across the nose.

They diagnosed me because of the ANA count. I am not real sure what that is, but, from what I understood, we all have a certain amount of antibodies cells in our bodies and I think the normal count is like 400-610 and 610 being on the high side. My count was around about 2400. They tried several meds until they got the count down to 800 and it stays at about 600-700 now. I ached a lot and it was like a muscle cramp or a cramp like you get when you sit in one spot to long, except I felt like that all over my body. I went from not being able to sleep at all and going as long as 48 hours without sleep to the extreme of sleeping 2-4 days all day long. Then later I started to just hurt all over and it was a different hurt than I had felt before. It hurt worse when anyone would touch me, even my grandchildren. I went back to the doctor and that is when she said that I had Fibromyalgia as well as lup[us and of course

with the lupus you will definetly have RA.

Lupus is hard to detect and from what the doctor said, I had it for awhile before they detected it and the high ANA count was what got it discovered. Anyone who has lupus has different symptoms, and it effects everyone differently. Some it only effects the soft tissues and muscles and others it attacks the organs. I have the type that effects the organs. Also Lupus is misdianosed a lot because the smyptoms are so similar with other common everyday ailments such as a common cold, maybe bronical infections, virus, and even heartburn to heart attacks symptoms. I felt like I had a cold a lot, BUT, I did not have a runny nose, cough, or fever, or even sneezing, BUT, when I go to the doctor and describe how I felt I was dianosed with a cold, or I had plurisey (sp) or a bronical infection.

First of all if the doctor is not taking her seriously then she ought to find another doctor, but, tell her to ask them to take her blood count and look at her ANA count. If it is high then more than likely she does have lupus. The two diseases are very very similar with the exception of the rash and the high ANA count. Also with lupus I don't think you hurt with the touch like you do with Fibromyalgia. You hurt and cramp with lupus but with Fibromyalgia you hurt to the touch. They are both HORRIBLE illnesses.

Lexapro did not make me hungry, it was the effexor that made me hungry. Lexapro made me feel shakey and weired. I did not like the way it made me feel the next day at all. I am now on Paxil CR. Trying it out.

Good luck with your mom. I hope she finds out for sure if she has it or not. Love peppergloria scott wrote:

HI PEPPER! I TAKE LEXAPRO AND I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR IT MYSELF. IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU HUNGRY BUT IT HAS OTHER SIDE EFFECTS THAT I DON'T CARE FOR. I HAVEN'T REALLY FOUND ANYTHING THAT REALLY WORKS.

I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH. WHAT WERE YOU DIAGNOSED WITH FIRST THE FIBROMYALGIA OR THE LUPUS? MY MOM HAS FIBROMYALGIA BUT SHE THINKS SHE HAS LUPUS AND SHE CAN'T GET A DR. TO HELP HER FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER. CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS AND HOW TO TELL THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE 2? I WOULD APPRECIATE ITPepper wrote:

TOPS ((HUGS)), GLORIA

#TX 1268, JOSHUA

THANK YOU SO MUCH PEPPER FOR THE INFORMATION. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS AND I HOPE THE MEDS THAT THE DOCTOR GAVE YOU CAN HELP YOU THROUGH THIS ROUGH TIME.

((HUGS))Pepper wrote:

I was diagnosed with lupus first. The symptoms were that I was tired a lot, TERRIBLY depressed over NOTHING, my ANA count was extremely high, and a rash came on my cheeks and across the nose.

They diagnosed me because of the ANA count. I am not real sure what that is, but, from what I understood, we all have a certain amount of antibodies cells in our bodies and I think the normal count is like 400-610 and 610 being on the high side. My count was around about 2400. They tried several meds until they got the count down to 800 and it stays at about 600-700 now. I ached a lot and it was like a muscle cramp or a cramp like you get when you sit in one spot to long, except I felt like that all over my body. I went from not being able to sleep at all and going as long as 48 hours without sleep to the extreme of sleeping 2-4 days all day long. Then later I started to just hurt all over and it was a different hurt than I had felt before. It hurt worse when anyone would touch me, even my grandchildren. I went back to the doctor and that is when she said that I had Fibromyalgia as well as lup[us and of course

Lupus is hard to detect and from what the doctor said, I had it for awhile before they detected it and the high ANA count was what got it discovered. Anyone who has lupus has different symptoms, and it effects everyone differently. Some it only effects the soft tissues and muscles and others it attacks the organs. I have the type that effects the organs. Also Lupus is misdianosed a lot because the smyptoms are so similar with other common everyday ailments such as a common cold, maybe bronical infections, virus, and even heartburn to heart attacks symptoms. I felt like I had a cold a lot, BUT, I did not have a runny nose, cough, or fever, or even sneezing, BUT, when I go to the doctor and describe how I felt I was dianosed with a cold, or I had plurisey (sp) or a bronical infection.

First of all if the doctor is not taking her seriously then she ought to find another doctor, but, tell her to ask them to take her blood count and look at her ANA count. If it is high then more than likely she does have lupus. The two diseases are very very similar with the exception of the rash and the high ANA count. Also with lupus I don't think you hurt with the touch like you do with Fibromyalgia. You hurt and cramp with lupus but with Fibromyalgia you hurt to the touch. They are both HORRIBLE illnesses.

Lexapro did not make me hungry, it was the effexor that made me hungry. Lexapro made me feel shakey and weired. I did not like the way it made me feel the next day at all. I am now on Paxil CR. Trying it out.

Good luck with your mom. I hope she finds out for sure if she has it or not. Love peppergloria scott wrote:

TOPS ((HUGS)), GLORIA

#TX 1268, JOSHUA

((HUGS))Pepper wrote:

TOPS ((HUGS)), GLORIA

#TX 1268, JOSHUA