RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

na's pictures, was Re: Update on - thanks everyone for your responses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I looked at na's exit casting pictures. I was laughing the whole time. My Georgia is a very intense baby when she is mad, or even annoyed. She has only one volume!! I was just imagining the noise level in the room, even while na was trying to eat the lollipop. I don't know whether it was funny to you at the time but I've had to learn to take Georgia's extreme emotions not so seriously all the time! LOL She's going to be a poster child teenager some day!!!

(mom to Georgia, DDH/plagio, Starband)

-----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:36 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: Update on - thanks everyone for your responsesOMG they are going to make it in one day! Wow what customer service. My best advice is take a lollipop. One that will stay on the stick well - not a dum dum pop. Think tootsit roll size but no tootsie roll center :)na had a lollipop for her exit cast. She could care less about us as long as you didn't take it away :)Here are some pics of ithttp://www.thefilyaws.com/Album to publish/exitcast.htmlGood luck. mom to Kiersten, 4 months Tort and Repona, 2 yrs DOC Band, tort resolvedwww.thefilyaws.com/plagio.html> Hi everyone,> > Amazing how much can happen in 24 hrs.> > First of all, is booked at CT in Phx on Mon, 10/10. We are > doing the measuring and casting Mon morning, CT will make the band > Mon afternoon, will be fitted on Tues, and CT will check him > out Weds before we fly home. We'll more than likely do our follow up > visits in San Diego (little cheaper to fly to SD from Sacramento vs. > Phx once a week). Insurance will cover the DOC band but not travel > expenses.> > In the meantime, I have two follow up appts with neuro's -- one at > Stanford Hosp of Neurosciences & Pediatric Surgery the week of 10/17 -> - and one to be scheduled in Sac with another pediatric neuro > (waiting for his office to set it up). As luck may have it, a friend > of mine knew a neuro in Sacramento (non-pediatric) and I spoke to him > on the phone this morning and he helped remove some red tape to get > me 2nd opinions ASAP. He also said there was no issue starting > orthoses right away and delaying surgery a month while I talk to more > Dr.'s> > So, we're off to CT on Sunday evening. Anyone have any words of > advice for the measuring, casting, etc. process? I'll be spending > the next couple of days reading up on what to expect but I'm sure you > guys can give me the short summary!> > What a whirlwind.> > Thanks again for everyone who responded,> Michele &

Guest guest

I looked at na's exit casting pictures. I was laughing the whole time. My Georgia is a very intense baby when she is mad, or even annoyed. She has only one volume!! I was just imagining the noise level in the room, even while na was trying to eat the lollipop. I don't know whether it was funny to you at the time but I've had to learn to take Georgia's extreme emotions not so seriously all the time! LOL She's going to be a poster child teenager some day!!!

(mom to Georgia, DDH/plagio, Starband)

-----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:36 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: Update on - thanks everyone for your responsesOMG they are going to make it in one day! Wow what customer service. My best advice is take a lollipop. One that will stay on the stick well - not a dum dum pop. Think tootsit roll size but no tootsie roll center :)na had a lollipop for her exit cast. She could care less about us as long as you didn't take it away :)Here are some pics of ithttp://www.thefilyaws.com/Album to publish/exitcast.htmlGood luck. mom to Kiersten, 4 months Tort and Repona, 2 yrs DOC Band, tort resolvedwww.thefilyaws.com/plagio.html> Hi everyone,> > Amazing how much can happen in 24 hrs.> > First of all, is booked at CT in Phx on Mon, 10/10. We are > doing the measuring and casting Mon morning, CT will make the band > Mon afternoon, will be fitted on Tues, and CT will check him > out Weds before we fly home. We'll more than likely do our follow up > visits in San Diego (little cheaper to fly to SD from Sacramento vs. > Phx once a week). Insurance will cover the DOC band but not travel > expenses.> > In the meantime, I have two follow up appts with neuro's -- one at > Stanford Hosp of Neurosciences & Pediatric Surgery the week of 10/17 -> - and one to be scheduled in Sac with another pediatric neuro > (waiting for his office to set it up). As luck may have it, a friend > of mine knew a neuro in Sacramento (non-pediatric) and I spoke to him > on the phone this morning and he helped remove some red tape to get > me 2nd opinions ASAP. He also said there was no issue starting > orthoses right away and delaying surgery a month while I talk to more > Dr.'s> > So, we're off to CT on Sunday evening. Anyone have any words of > advice for the measuring, casting, etc. process? I'll be spending > the next couple of days reading up on what to expect but I'm sure you > guys can give me the short summary!> > What a whirlwind.> > Thanks again for everyone who responded,> Michele &