RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ann-

I used to swim at the YMCA-they have an indoor pool so you can go at anytime. The problem with swimming is that I get raccoon eyes from the goggles and the marks on my face last for a good three hours so I really need to swim in the evening so that I can go home and get ready for bed. Not exactly the best time to exercise.

Re: Update

That is great, ! Where do you go swimming? I'd love to do some sort of water exercises.ann

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.9 - Release Date: 6/11/2005

Guest guest

ann-

I used to swim at the YMCA-they have an indoor pool so you can go at anytime. The problem with swimming is that I get raccoon eyes from the goggles and the marks on my face last for a good three hours so I really need to swim in the evening so that I can go home and get ready for bed. Not exactly the best time to exercise.

That is great, ! Where do you go swimming? I'd love to do some sort of water exercises.ann

Guest guest

ann-

Guest guest

Thanks Trish, I could only do this with the support and ideas from this list.

, you are a total inspiration for me. Keep up what you are doing. It sounds like you are really making it work for you. Pat yourself on the back! wrote:

I have been on SB since March 25 and have lost a total of 12 pounds. I have walking/jogging about every other day. I even fit into my size 12 pants now. I still have a huge appetite and do long for sweets but I just don't allow myself to indulge in them. I would like to lose another 8 lbs so that I won't be hanging out of my swimsuit. I used to swim all the time and once I get to 150---I will be able to start doing my 100 lap routine to firm up my arms. My goal to start the swim routine is the end of July.

170/158/140Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8 No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.7 - Release Date: 6/10/2005

Guest guest

-

You lead the lifestyle I once had prior to going back to school. I used to swim, job, hike, walk, anything to stay active. All that went on the back burner for almost three years. I was a full-time student writing papers and doing other stupid assignments just so I could finally prove to myself that I could get a BA too. TG that is done and over with. I see my old life finally reemerging. The problem I have now is that I got addicted to reality TV while typing all those papers, became rather lazy. I am older now and this body just doesn't seem to work the way it once did! Dang, I hate getting older.

Hi ..Huge congrats on your progress.. I look forward tohearing about your laps a favorite pastime of mine isswimming.. I am fortunate enough to have a largeindoor pool.. so I can swim even when it is snowingout..> > wrote:I have been> on SB since March 25 and have lost a total of 12> pounds. I have walking/jogging about every other> day. I even fit into my size 12 pants now. I still> have a huge appetite and do long for sweets but I> just don't allow myself to indulge in them. I would> like to lose another 8 lbs so that I won't be> hanging out of my swimsuit. I used to swim all the> time and once I get to 150---I will be able to start> doing my 100 lap routine to firm up my arms. My> goal to start the swim routine is the end of July. > > 170/158/140> > > Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor> is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to> rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good> ones - and enables you to live quite happily without> the bad carbs and bad fats. > > For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The> South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN> 1-57954-814-8 > > > > --------------------------------->

Guest guest

-

You lead the lifestyle I once had prior to going back to school. I used to swim, job, hike, walk, anything to stay active. All that went on the back burner for almost three years. I was a full-time student writing papers and doing other stupid assignments just so I could finally prove to myself that I could get a BA too. TG that is done and over with. I see my old life finally reemerging. The problem I have now is that I got addicted to reality TV while typing all those papers, became rather lazy. I am older now and this body just doesn't seem to work the way it once did! Dang, I hate getting older.

Hi ..Huge congrats on your progress.. I look forward tohearing about your laps a favorite pastime of mine isswimming.. I am fortunate enough to have a largeindoor pool.. so I can swim even when it is snowingout..> > wrote:I have been> on SB since March 25 and have lost a total of 12> pounds. I have walking/jogging about every other> day. I even fit into my size 12 pants now. I still> have a huge appetite and do long for sweets but I> just don't allow myself to indulge in them. I would> like to lose another 8 lbs so that I won't be> hanging out of my swimsuit. I used to swim all the> time and once I get to 150---I will be able to start> doing my 100 lap routine to firm up my arms. My> goal to start the swim routine is the end of July. > > 170/158/140> > > Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor> is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to> rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good> ones - and enables you to live quite happily without> the bad carbs and bad fats. > > For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The> South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN> 1-57954-814-8 > > > > --------------------------------->

Guest guest

-

Guest guest

First of all Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and to the many friends and family for their generous support of food, money, flowers, hugs, and most of all love.

had her bilateral mastectomy on 3/21 and came thru with flying colors. Here post-op course was basically uneventful except for the pain from the drainage tubes.

She was doing well enough after the dressing change to be discharged from the hospital the following morning. She did look at the incisions and said "not to bad." ( She has been enjoying me doing the housework, laundry (I still don't understand why everything has to be sorted.) and taking care of the kids( the 3 corgi's).

The drains were removed the following week (and there was much rejoicing).

On Saturday late she began to run a fever and both breast areas were red and warm to touch. The surgeon was called and antibiotics were started.

We saw the surgeon today, fluid was aspirated from both area . is scheduled to have penrose drains placed in surgery in the morning to reduce the Seromas (collection of tissue fluid in a area where a large amount tissue and been removed.) this is not an infection but having the fluid there is painful.

Again a Big thanks to everyone the the thought and prayers.

Ken

Guest guest

Ken,

Thanks for letting us know. Please tell she continues to be in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

Update

First of all Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and to the many friends and family for their generous support of food, money, flowers, hugs, and most of all love.

had her bilateral mastectomy on 3/21 and came thru with flying colors. Here post-op course was basically uneventful except for the pain from the drainage tubes.

She was doing well enough after the dressing change to be discharged from the hospital the following morning. She did look at the incisions and said "not to bad." ( She has been enjoying me doing the housework, laundry (I still don't understand why everything has to be sorted.) and taking care of the kids( the 3 corgi's).

The drains were removed the following week (and there was much rejoicing).

On Saturday late she began to run a fever and both breast areas were red and warm to touch. The surgeon was called and antibiotics were started.

We saw the surgeon today, fluid was aspirated from both area . is scheduled to have penrose drains placed in surgery in the morning to reduce the Seromas (collection of tissue fluid in a area where a large amount tissue and been removed.) this is not an infection but having the fluid there is painful.

Again a Big thanks to everyone the the thought and prayers.

Ken