Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks nne.

Hugs

Theresacharles svihlik wrote:

Theresa,

I am sorry you are having to go through this along with your MS. If it were me I would insist on a biopsy and not wait. Waiting, if it should be cancer is not a good idea. But that is your decision. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

Hi there,

My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've been staying in the back ground and just reading your posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and some other medical issues don't know if I could handle breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Thanks nne.

Hugs

Theresacharles svihlik wrote:

Theresa,

I am sorry you are having to go through this along with your MS. If it were me I would insist on a biopsy and not wait. Waiting, if it should be cancer is not a good idea. But that is your decision. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

Hi there,

My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've been staying in the back ground and just reading your posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and some other medical issues don't know if I could handle breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi Zain,

I too was diagnosed with Stage II in 1990. I had one node involved and had a mastectomy with no reconstruction but did not have radiation. I had methotrexate, 5fu and cytoxan. I would get the methotrexate and 5fu in an IV push the first 2 Tues. of the month, I would take cytoxan pills the third week and rest the fourth week. This went on for 6 mo. Since then they have a lot of new chemos and combinations. I didn't get sick from the chemo, just slight nausea on occasion and the meds helped that. I didn't loose all my hair, it just thinned. I will keep your Mom in my prayers.

Hi every one i have posted twice before.. this is my first detail message...My mother is 48 years old and premenopausal. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer on 10th july 2005 on 14th july she had her mastectomy of right breast only and sentinal lymph nodes removed well her nodes came back nagetive and her bc was at stage 2 with a 10cm x 1.6cmx 1.5cm big tumor... she is er pr negative they have suggested chemo she is looking for an oncologist..and planning where to take further treatment... the time between all this was of family reunion it even strengthen the bond between us of hope and discovery.. well now i would like to know abut diff type of chemos... also how bad is radio therapy... i will keep in touchprayers for every one Zain

Guest guest

Currently I am going through

another bout of bad depression, and

refuse to go back on anti depressants.

You are right.. read the

side effects.. AND it’s something else to come off !

Dianne

Guest guest

You are right.. read the

Dianne

Guest guest

You are right.. read the

Dianne

Guest guest

Hodgkins Lymphoma is common in us Hashimoto's people, the most common cause

of hypothyroidism.

> Hello,

>

> I am on digest for now I can't handle all the individual mail. I am

> 34 married live in wisconsin.

>

> I am Hypothryoid. I am also a cancer survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

>

> I have been told that because my TSH level is ok that these symptoms

> aren't really of the hypothroid, I tend to disagree,

>

> I'm so tired all the time depressed mood swings and iregular

> menstral cycle, but that has started post chemo. I think it's a

> combination of post chemo and hypthroid.

>

> I am disabled I have lung disease as my cancer was in my lungs, and

> have pulmonary fibrosis and copd.

>

> I am also have a seizure disorder that I've had since I was in the

> 10th grade, and also have migraines and vestibular disorder.

>

> Currently I am going through another bout of bad depression, and

> refuse to go back on anti depressants.

>

> The weight gain is awful, I can't loose. I'm at my highest weight

> I've ever been and that doesnt help the depression.

>

> I have a website but it's in serious need of updating

>

> Butterfly Dreams http://butterfly_dreamswi.tripod.com

>

> Looking forward to the group and getting to know you I see this is a

> high volume in messages so I have to remain on digest.

>

> HUGS

>

Guest guest

Hi, Roxanne, Welcome!

When your girls get their labs done, what is the doc checking?

Could you post their labs for us to see?

Although the levels for kids are different than adults... we'd be able to see what is being checked and if the docs are staying on top of things.

Growing is hard on young people (or critters) lots of changes to the body, bones growing... all that can be stressful... but add to that all the aches and pains and frustrations of being hypo and that has got to be enough to make anyone act out....

I'd especially like to see if they are monitoring Free T3, since they are both on synthetic T4 only meds (Synthroid) it's especially important to be sure that they are converting the T4 properly....

I don't know how much you've researched this stuff yet... We have a page at our website that runs through some of the basics to give you reference point if you are just starting out....

Double check the dosage.. .I'm pretty sure it's mcg not mg...

As far as them both being on the same dosage..... weight can affect dosage... I'm guessing that, with their ages, they are not the same size, are they?

Topper ()

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:47:07 -0000 "Roxanne Flick" writes:

I joined a while back but havent' posted. i have three children, two of them have congenital hypothyroidism. The reason this was detected is they were both very overweight as babies. their t4 is normal so this was not picked up in the regular thyroid tests they do on infnats. their tsh levels are high. one girl is six and has been on synthroid about 4 years . the other girl is 3.5 years old and has been on synthroid since she was 4 months old. their weight has evened out now. they are short for their age (but so am I). I'm tryign to understand what they might be going through. my thyroid is fine, my mom was hypothyroid and later developed thyroid cancer adn her thyroid has been removed.both girls have some learning delays/speech delays. they both receive speech therapy adn I am homeschooling them.They are improving but still below age level. my main concern is my six year old's behavior. she is very very moody, easily frustrated, screams easily, talks loudly, has trouble expressing frustration without exploding. her anger affects the whole family. not sure if it is related to the thyroid or not. the younger girl is jsut as sweet as can be. they are both on the same dosage 75 mg. Roxanne

Guest guest

Roxanne, you really have had some knocks.. I do hope this group will be

able to help you to a turning point.

Bright Blessings to you and your two little ones.

Dianne

Guest guest

Dianne

Guest guest

Dianne

Guest guest

I " ve researched some. I know synthroid isn't supposed to be as good

as armour but they don't prescribe armour for children. I know

thyroid is important for sooo many things.

they mostly look at the tsh to judge whether or not to up their

dose. I moved to a different city and got a new doctor in 2004

so I need to recheck my info that I " ve been collecting

both girls are pretty close in size, one is 36 pounds, one is 43

pounds.

here is 's last report

4/1/2005(she was 3 years old in january)

t4=6.9

tsh=12.99

t3 uptake=30

free t4-0.9

dosage was upped to 75 from 62.5 (it is mcg, I always get that

confused!)

I dont' have the prior time results. it would have been october 04.

they go every six months though they are wanting them to come back

to a checkup every 3 months now b/c they are short for their age

(I'm 5 feet 2 inches so I dont' see the shocker there!)

rachel's report

Apr-05 (almost six years old)

t4=7.9

tsh-8.98

t3uptake-32

free t4-1.2

dosage kept at 75 mcg

Roxanne

>

> Hi, Roxanne, Welcome!

>

> When your girls get their labs done, what is the doc checking?

>

> Could you post their labs for us to see?

>

> Although the levels for kids are different than adults... we'd be

able to

> see what is being checked and if the docs are staying on top of

things.

>

> Growing is hard on young people (or critters) lots of changes to

the

> body, bones growing... all that can be stressful... but add to

that all

> the aches and pains and frustrations of being hypo and that has

got to be

> enough to make anyone act out....

>

> I'd especially like to see if they are monitoring Free T3, since

they are

> both on synthetic T4 only meds (Synthroid) it's especially

important to

> be sure that they are converting the T4 properly....

>

> I don't know how much you've researched this stuff yet... We have

a page

> at our website that runs through some of the basics to give you

reference

> point if you are just starting out....

>

> Double check the dosage.. .I'm pretty sure it's mcg not mg...

>

> As far as them both being on the same dosage..... weight can affect

> dosage... I'm guessing that, with their ages, they are not the

same size,

> are they?

>

> Topper ()

>

>

Guest guest

I " ve researched some. I know synthroid isn't supposed to be as good

as armour but they don't prescribe armour for children. I know

thyroid is important for sooo many things.

they mostly look at the tsh to judge whether or not to up their

dose. I moved to a different city and got a new doctor in 2004

so I need to recheck my info that I " ve been collecting

both girls are pretty close in size, one is 36 pounds, one is 43

pounds.

here is 's last report

4/1/2005(she was 3 years old in january)

t4=6.9

tsh=12.99

t3 uptake=30

free t4-0.9

dosage was upped to 75 from 62.5 (it is mcg, I always get that

confused!)

I dont' have the prior time results. it would have been october 04.

they go every six months though they are wanting them to come back

to a checkup every 3 months now b/c they are short for their age

(I'm 5 feet 2 inches so I dont' see the shocker there!)

rachel's report

Apr-05 (almost six years old)

t4=7.9

tsh-8.98

t3uptake-32

free t4-1.2

dosage kept at 75 mcg

Roxanne

>

> Hi, Roxanne, Welcome!

>

> When your girls get their labs done, what is the doc checking?

>

> Could you post their labs for us to see?

>

> Although the levels for kids are different than adults... we'd be

able to

> see what is being checked and if the docs are staying on top of

things.

>

> Growing is hard on young people (or critters) lots of changes to

the

> body, bones growing... all that can be stressful... but add to

that all

> the aches and pains and frustrations of being hypo and that has

got to be

> enough to make anyone act out....

>

> I'd especially like to see if they are monitoring Free T3, since

they are

> both on synthetic T4 only meds (Synthroid) it's especially

important to

> be sure that they are converting the T4 properly....

>

> I don't know how much you've researched this stuff yet... We have

a page

> at our website that runs through some of the basics to give you

reference

> point if you are just starting out....

>

> Double check the dosage.. .I'm pretty sure it's mcg not mg...

>

> As far as them both being on the same dosage..... weight can affect

> dosage... I'm guessing that, with their ages, they are not the

same size,

> are they?

>

> Topper ()

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Jenn and welcome to the group. I was diagnosed in 1990. For the first 10 years I had blood wrok, chest x rays and scans if I complained about something that didn't seem right. I am now at the 15 yr mark and because of our financial situation I contacted my onc and told him unless something didn't seem right I wouldn't be coming back till I reached 62 and was able to get Social Security. We don't have any insurance and attempting to live on a small income something had to give and I figured as long as I was feeling ok I would hold off. I do of course still get my mammogram.

Congratulations on 10 years. Thats wonderful. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Hi I'm a new member to this group, not new to Breast Cancer.In 1987 I found a lump in my right breast, not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. The biopsy indicated no malignant tissue. The was a focus of apocrine metaplasia.In 1995 I found a lump in my left breast, also not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. This time there was cancer. Pathologic report was positive for infiltrating ductal carcinoma. The cancer was estrogen positive, with a DNA index of 2.7, and Aneuploid of 48, Of the 15 nodes removed 2 showed metastasis poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma. I had a modified radical mastectomy with reconstruction (saline insert), and chemo (AC), no radiation and no tamoxifin (my choice). Yes, I'm very fortunate to be 10yrs out. Currently my husband is in a fight for life battling Multiple Myeloma. This brings me here to this group. I asked my husbands oncologist (was also mine) about my monitoring or lack of and was taken back by his response. I would like to know if and how other survivors are being followed as a potential risk for return of BC. I'm not sure if I'm over reacting because of what we're going through with my husband but uncertainty and fears are flooding back.I'm seen once a year by my GP, given a mammogram and blood test for tumor markers. I don't trust the mammogram results and I'm not comfortable with the blood test as the only indicators of cancer. I don't remember the last CT scan or bone density test (long time ago). My GP doesn't think I need any more tumor marker test or PAP tests. I'm getting my first colon inspection and have never been monitored for heart problems. Hugs and warm wishes,Jenn

Guest guest

Hello , Welcome to our group. It seems like you are doing the right thing. We all worry about reoccurrence but a 98% percent non-occurence is now the statistics. Live each day as your last. Today is like a present and the past is gone. Email if you like. Sharon wrote: Hi I'm a new member to this group, not new to Breast Cancer.In 1987 I found a lump in my right breast, not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. The biopsy indicated no malignant tissue. The was a focus of apocrine metaplasia.In 1995 I found a lump in my left breast, also not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. This time there was cancer. Pathologic report was positive for

infiltrating ductal carcinoma. The cancer was estrogen positive, with a DNA index of 2.7, and Aneuploid of 48, Of the 15 nodes removed 2 showed metastasis poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma. I had a modified radical mastectomy with reconstruction (saline insert), and chemo (AC), no radiation and no tamoxifin (my choice). Yes, I'm very fortunate to be 10yrs out. Currently my husband is in a fight for life battling Multiple Myeloma. This brings me here to this group. I asked my husbands oncologist (was also mine) about my monitoring or lack of and was taken back by his response. I would like to know if and how other survivors are being followed as a potential risk for return of BC. I'm not sure if I'm over reacting because of what we're going through with my husband but uncertainty and fears are flooding back.I'm seen once a year by my GP, given a mammogram and blood test for tumor markers. I don't trust

the mammogram results and I'm not comfortable with the blood test as the only indicators of cancer. I don't remember the last CT scan or bone density test (long time ago). My GP doesn't think I need any more tumor marker test or PAP tests. I'm getting my first colon inspection and have never been monitored for heart problems. Hugs and warm wishes,Jenn

Sharon Coley

Director of Sales

Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles/Rosemead

888 Montebello Blvd.

Rosemead, Ca 91770

(323)201-3461

Our website http://www.doubletreemeetings.com/global/search/FacDetail.asp?ID=17206

Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Guest guest

Hello , Welcome to our group. It seems like you are doing the right thing. We all worry about reoccurrence but a 98% percent non-occurence is now the statistics. Live each day as your last. Today is like a present and the past is gone. Email if you like. Sharon wrote: Hi I'm a new member to this group, not new to Breast Cancer.In 1987 I found a lump in my right breast, not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. The biopsy indicated no malignant tissue. The was a focus of apocrine metaplasia.In 1995 I found a lump in my left breast, also not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. This time there was cancer. Pathologic report was positive for

infiltrating ductal carcinoma. The cancer was estrogen positive, with a DNA index of 2.7, and Aneuploid of 48, Of the 15 nodes removed 2 showed metastasis poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma. I had a modified radical mastectomy with reconstruction (saline insert), and chemo (AC), no radiation and no tamoxifin (my choice). Yes, I'm very fortunate to be 10yrs out. Currently my husband is in a fight for life battling Multiple Myeloma. This brings me here to this group. I asked my husbands oncologist (was also mine) about my monitoring or lack of and was taken back by his response. I would like to know if and how other survivors are being followed as a potential risk for return of BC. I'm not sure if I'm over reacting because of what we're going through with my husband but uncertainty and fears are flooding back.I'm seen once a year by my GP, given a mammogram and blood test for tumor markers. I don't trust

the mammogram results and I'm not comfortable with the blood test as the only indicators of cancer. I don't remember the last CT scan or bone density test (long time ago). My GP doesn't think I need any more tumor marker test or PAP tests. I'm getting my first colon inspection and have never been monitored for heart problems. Hugs and warm wishes,Jenn

Sharon Coley

Director of Sales

888 Montebello Blvd.

Rosemead, Ca 91770

(323)201-3461

Our website http://www.doubletreemeetings.com/global/search/FacDetail.asp?ID=17206

Guest guest

Sharon Coley

Director of Sales

888 Montebello Blvd.

Rosemead, Ca 91770

(323)201-3461

Guest guest

I see my onc every 6 month's or every year. Depending on my last checkup. After my stem cell rescue I was going every 3m. My count's were down so low I had to keep doing the bloodwork. When my onc finally graduated to six month checkup everyone in the office was hugging me. I am an 18 year survivor and have known all the nurses since 1987. wrote:

Hi I'm a new member to this group, not new to Breast Cancer.In 1987 I found a lump in my right breast, not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. The biopsy indicated no malignant tissue. The was a focus of apocrine metaplasia.In 1995 I found a lump in my left breast, also not detectable by x-ray or ultrasound. This time there was cancer. Pathologic report was positive for infiltrating ductal carcinoma. The cancer was estrogen positive, with a DNA index of 2.7, and Aneuploid of 48, Of the 15 nodes removed 2 showed metastasis poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma. I had a modified radical mastectomy with reconstruction (saline insert), and chemo (AC), no radiation and no tamoxifin (my choice). Yes, I'm very fortunate to be 10yrs out. Currently my husband is in a fight for life battling Multiple Myeloma. This brings me

here to this group. I asked my husbands oncologist (was also mine) about my monitoring or lack of and was taken back by his response. I would like to know if and how other survivors are being followed as a potential risk for return of BC. I'm not sure if I'm over reacting because of what we're going through with my husband but uncertainty and fears are flooding back.I'm seen once a year by my GP, given a mammogram and blood test for tumor markers. I don't trust the mammogram results and I'm not comfortable with the blood test as the only indicators of cancer. I don't remember the last CT scan or bone density test (long time ago). My GP doesn't think I need any more tumor marker test or PAP tests. I'm getting my first colon inspection and have never been monitored for heart problems. Hugs and warm wishes,Jenn

Guest guest

Hi Lizzie and welcome to the group. Please tell us a little more about yourself when you feel comfortable talking about it and feel free to ask questions, vent etc. We are all here for each and a lot of long term survivors here also. I am 15 /2 yr survivor.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had surgery and I am getting ready to start chemo on wed.I had my pet put in and it hurts.I am glad I found a group to talk too.

Guest guest

Hi Lizzie and welcome to the group. Please tell us a little more about yourself when you feel comfortable talking about it and feel free to ask questions, vent etc. We are all here for each and a lot of long term survivors here also. I am 15 /2 yr survivor.

Hugs

nne

Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had surgery and I am getting ready to start chemo on wed.I had my pet put in and it hurts.I am glad I found a group to talk too.

Guest guest

Hugs

nne

Guest guest

welcome Freida.......sorry you have to be here but this is great site for "us" take care and wishes to you Darlene"freida e." wrote: Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had surgery and I am getting ready to start chemo on wed.I had my pet put in and it hurts.I am glad I found a group to talk too.

Yahoo! Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

Guest guest

welcome Freida.......sorry you have to be here but this is great site for "us" take care and wishes to you Darlene"freida e." wrote: Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had surgery and I am getting ready to start chemo on wed.I had my pet put in and it hurts.I am glad I found a group to talk too.

Yahoo! Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

Guest guest

Hi Frieda,

Welcome to the group. Do you mean you had a port put in?

Mine also was painful/uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks, though I know

you can use it right away.

take care,

freida e. wrote on 12/12/2005, 8:42 PM:

> Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had surgery and I am

> getting ready to start chemo on wed.I had my pet put in and it hurts.

> I am glad I found a group to talk too.

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome, Lizzie! I'm 59 and had a mastectomy 17 years

ago, followed by chemo and radiation. Still kickin!

There are lots of survivors here and it's a good

place.

hugs,

Nan

--- " freida e. " wrote:

> Hello my name is lizzie I am 56 yrs old and just had

> surgery