Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group. I'll be a 6 year survivor in August. Had

mastectomies in '99 and '01, the first followed by chemo, no

radiation. I'm 55 and live in Florida.

alipennyyellow wrote:

I've just finished radiation therapy which followed chemo therapy and

I'm glad that the fatigue has lifted. I'm looking to connect with

other breast cancer survivors to share experience, strength, and hope.

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm an almost 6 year survivor of inflammatory breast cancer. You can read my signature (below) if you're interested in my treatment protocol. There is life after bc - welcome to the group - would love to learn more about you.

Ann

Diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer (Stage IIIB) at age 52 - 8/16/99 Treatment began 8/17/99 - 5 days after noticing symptoms 4 rounds Adriamyacin & Taxotere Bilateral mastectomies Taxol every 3 weeks for 4 months 36 rounds radiation 6 months weekly herceptin NED - and praying that each of you will be, too. Now designing/sewing and Selling (God willing) chemo hats, check me out at: http://www.cjhats.com

OR, If you prefer eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/cjhats

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm an almost 6 year survivor of inflammatory breast cancer. You can read my signature (below) if you're interested in my treatment protocol. There is life after bc - welcome to the group - would love to learn more about you.

Ann

Diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer (Stage IIIB) at age 52 - 8/16/99 Treatment began 8/17/99 - 5 days after noticing symptoms 4 rounds Adriamyacin & Taxotere Bilateral mastectomies Taxol every 3 weeks for 4 months 36 rounds radiation 6 months weekly herceptin NED - and praying that each of you will be, too. Now designing/sewing and Selling (God willing) chemo hats, check me out at: http://www.cjhats.com

OR, If you prefer eBay:

Guest guest

You found it!! Welcome aboard :)

legayle_1950 wrote:

I'm new here. I have just read about 400 messages so I feel like I know you. I"m a 5 yr. survivor. Double mastectomy. I was surfing the internet looking for a ladies only group of breast cancer survivors. Do you know if there is one? Gayle

Guest guest

Hi Gayle,

Welcome - I'd love to hear more about you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Ann

OR, If you prefer eBay:

Guest guest

This basically is all women. We do have 2. Bob whose wife had breast cancer and she passed away awhile back. He usually doesn't post but sends me all kinds of news articles on bc and then Mike that just joined because of his Mom. I don't know if the other groups allow men or not. We would love to have you stay with us.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

I'm new here. I have just read about 400 messages so I feel like I know you. I"m a 5 yr. survivor. Double mastectomy. I was surfing the internet looking for a ladies only group of breast cancer survivors. Do you know if there is one? Gayle

Guest guest

Hi there Gayle,

Welcome to the group.

Hugs

Theresagayle_1950 wrote:

I'm new here. I have just read about 400 messages so I feel like I know you. I"m a 5 yr. survivor. Double mastectomy. I was surfing the internet looking for a ladies only group of breast cancer survivors. Do you know if there is one? Gayle__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Theresa; if you have been ready post then you know that they thought mine was scar tissue. I would demand a biopsy! If it is cancer then you my friend have caught it so early that your treatment would be practically nothing. Waiting and watching to see if something changes for me is bull! I would not do that if I had that option again.

Have a wonderful day.

Ren

Guest guest

Theresa,

I am sorry you are having to go through this along with your MS. If it were me I would insist on a biopsy and not wait. Waiting, if it should be cancer is not a good idea. But that is your decision. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

Hi there,

My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've been staying in the back ground and just reading your posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and some other medical issues don't know if I could handle breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Theresa,

I am sorry you are having to go through this along with your MS. If it were me I would insist on a biopsy and not wait. Waiting, if it should be cancer is not a good idea. But that is your decision. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Hi there,

My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've been staying in the back ground and just reading your posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and some other medical issues don't know if I could handle breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Theresa,

Hugs

nne

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi, Theresa. I had many many lumps through the years and

they were all benign, so it doesn't necessarily mean you

have cancer when they find a lump. You can't assume the

worse, but you have to make sure they check you out to let

you know. Just watching it seems a little risky to me.

There's that great possibility that nothing is wrong, so

make sure they do whatever tests they have to do to be

able to officially tell you that. If, God forbid, they do

find something, it just might be very early and easily

fixed for you. So get yourself the best treatment you can

get and let us know how you are doing. This list is

the best place to come to talk things through. It's an

amazing support group. Again, you will be fine, but make

sure have everything checked out. Jill

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:04:32 -0400 (EDT)

Theresa Le wrote:

> Hi there,

> My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group

>for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've

>been staying in the back ground and just reading your

>posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group.

>I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and

>ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my

>right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close

>watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a

>check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast

>cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump

>and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there

>will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to

>concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to

>fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue.

>I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and

>some other medical issues don't know if I could handle

>breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.

> Hugs

> Theresa

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Theresa Le wrote:

> Hi there,

> Hugs

> Theresa

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Theresa Le wrote:

> Hi there,

> Hugs

> Theresa

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Theresa,

My name is Lynda Chittum and I was diagnous with stage 2 bc two and a half years ago. My symtons were a bloody dicharge from the left nipple, and a greenish yellow from thr right. My chances of it being BC were very remote still I was at a Univesity hospital (Loma In CA.) and they did a ductal incission to remove the bloody duct. After surgery the Dr. said everything looked fine and no need to worry. I came back for my post Op visit and to everyones dimay it was Ductal Carcinoma, with micro invasive lobular cancer (.5cm). My cancer never showed up on any Mamo's or ultra sound tests, Since the left side was BC and the right had the (benine looking dicharge they chose to do a ductal excision of the right nipple four months later sure it would be fine but it also came back as Ductal Carcinoma In Sit to (just means it was contained and had not spread. I under went six week of radiation on the left breast, and my

chances of a reocurance were almost null. I did not have to have any treament for the right side as the margins were clear. For the next two years I kept finding lumps and under went two more lumpectomies on the left brest five surgery in two and a half years. This January I found an other lump 2.3cm and we were going to go for our 6th lumectomy but by the time all the test were done and Insurance approvals I had developed both breast full of fibroid cyctic tumors some very large (very painful). Both of my prior biosy had come back benign but with A-tipia Hyperplasia with that history in June I was sent to UCI as a high risk for the BC being back and just under went a Bi-Lateral Masectomy (both breast removed) and sentinal Lymphs removed on both sides. The lymph nodes came back Neg. (yeh!) I will find out on wed. if the Breast tissue and tumors are Negitive or not. I'm telling you my story because you might not want to wait and you might want a

econd opinion. The only real way to know is to have a biopsy.

God bless and gook luck to you, I will keep you in my prayers

Lynda Theresa Le wrote:

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi Theresa,

My name is Lynda Chittum and I was diagnous with stage 2 bc two and a half years ago. My symtons were a bloody dicharge from the left nipple, and a greenish yellow from thr right. My chances of it being BC were very remote still I was at a Univesity hospital (Loma In CA.) and they did a ductal incission to remove the bloody duct. After surgery the Dr. said everything looked fine and no need to worry. I came back for my post Op visit and to everyones dimay it was Ductal Carcinoma, with micro invasive lobular cancer (.5cm). My cancer never showed up on any Mamo's or ultra sound tests, Since the left side was BC and the right had the (benine looking dicharge they chose to do a ductal excision of the right nipple four months later sure it would be fine but it also came back as Ductal Carcinoma In Sit to (just means it was contained and had not spread. I under went six week of radiation on the left breast, and my

chances of a reocurance were almost null. I did not have to have any treament for the right side as the margins were clear. For the next two years I kept finding lumps and under went two more lumpectomies on the left brest five surgery in two and a half years. This January I found an other lump 2.3cm and we were going to go for our 6th lumectomy but by the time all the test were done and Insurance approvals I had developed both breast full of fibroid cyctic tumors some very large (very painful). Both of my prior biosy had come back benign but with A-tipia Hyperplasia with that history in June I was sent to UCI as a high risk for the BC being back and just under went a Bi-Lateral Masectomy (both breast removed) and sentinal Lymphs removed on both sides. The lymph nodes came back Neg. (yeh!) I will find out on wed. if the Breast tissue and tumors are Negitive or not. I'm telling you my story because you might not want to wait and you might want a

Lynda Theresa Le wrote:

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi Theresa,

Lynda Theresa Le wrote:

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi there Lynda,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with my. I to will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Theresalynda chittum wrote:

Hi Theresa,

Lynda Theresa Le wrote:

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Hi there Lynda,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with my. I to will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Theresalynda chittum wrote:

Hi Theresa,

Lynda Theresa Le wrote:

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa

Guest guest

Thanks Ren.

I will definitely do that.

Hugs

Theresarendurall@... wrote:

Theresa; if you have been ready post then you know that they thought mine was scar tissue. I would demand a biopsy! If it is cancer then you my friend have caught it so early that your treatment would be practically nothing. Waiting and watching to see if something changes for me is bull! I would not do that if I had that option again. Have a wonderful day. Ren

Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

Guest guest

Thanks Jill,

I appreciate your response.

Hugs

TheresaEDWARD B SHROYER wrote:

Hi, Theresa. I had many many lumps through the years and they were all benign, so it doesn't necessarily mean you have cancer when they find a lump. You can't assume the worse, but you have to make sure they check you out to let you know. Just watching it seems a little risky to me. There's that great possibility that nothing is wrong, so make sure they do whatever tests they have to do to be able to officially tell you that. If, God forbid, they do find something, it just might be very early and easily fixed for you. So get yourself the best treatment you can get and let us know how you are doing. This list is the best place to come to talk things through. It's an amazing support group. Again, you will be fine, but make sure have

everything checked out. Jill> Hi there,> My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group >for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've >been staying in the back ground and just reading your >posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. >I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and >ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my >right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close >watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a >check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast >cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump >and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there >will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to >concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to

>fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. >I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and >some other medical issues don't know if I could handle >breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.> Hugs> Theresa> > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Thanks Jill,

Hugs

Hi, Theresa. I had many many lumps through the years and they were all benign, so it doesn't necessarily mean you have cancer when they find a lump. You can't assume the worse, but you have to make sure they check you out to let you know. Just watching it seems a little risky to me. There's that great possibility that nothing is wrong, so make sure they do whatever tests they have to do to be able to officially tell you that. If, God forbid, they do find something, it just might be very early and easily fixed for you. So get yourself the best treatment you can get and let us know how you are doing. This list is the best place to come to talk things through. It's an amazing support group. Again, you will be fine, but make sure have

everything checked out. Jill> Hi there,> My name is Theresa. I have been a member of this group >for a short time now. I hope you don't mind that I've >been staying in the back ground and just reading your >posts. It's great to be part of such a supportive group. >I am 46 years old and just had my first mammogram and >ultrasound 2 months ago.The doctor found a lump in my >right breast. At this point they are just keeping a close >watch and I have to go back every 3 months for a >check-up. At this point they are not ruling out breast >cancer. The doctors are watching for growth of the lump >and if the lump starts moving around. Then I guess there >will be cause for concern. The reason they are not to >concerned at this point is that many years ago I had to

>fluid exasperated and the lump could just be scar tissue. >I still am a little scared I must admit. I have MS and >some other medical issues don't know if I could handle >breast cancer too. Thanks for listening.> Hugs> Theresa> > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Thanks Jill,

Hugs

Guest guest

Thanks nne.

Hugs

Theresacharles svihlik wrote:

Theresa,

Hugs

nne

Hi there,

Hugs

Theresa