RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

:

Well, good night crazy woman....i mean scilly woman....

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Bruce...as we have spoken privately, I

> > understand

> > > > the

> > > > > > social

> > > > > > > > > > > anxiety.

> > > > > > > > > > > > No one would believe I have that too. I am

really

> > > > quite

> > > > > > shy

> > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > yet I

> > > > > > > > > > > > can stand in front of people I don't know and

talk

> > > > without

> > > > > > > > > > trouble and

> > > > > > > > > > > > I've been a good teacher in my day.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Funny we are.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Sher; ipf 3-06; OR.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already

there!

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------

> > > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them

> > fast

> > > > > > with

> > > > > > > > Yahoo!

> > > > > > > > > > > Search.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

:

Well, good night crazy woman....i mean scilly woman....

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Bruce...as we have spoken privately, I

> > understand

> > > > the

> > > > > > social

> > > > > > > > > > > anxiety.

> > > > > > > > > > > > No one would believe I have that too. I am

really

> > > > quite

> > > > > > shy

> > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > yet I

> > > > > > > > > > > > can stand in front of people I don't know and

talk

> > > > without

> > > > > > > > > > trouble and

> > > > > > > > > > > > I've been a good teacher in my day.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Funny we are.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Sher; ipf 3-06; OR.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already

there!

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them

> > fast

> > > > > > with

> > > > > > > > Yahoo!

> > > > > > > > > > > Search.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank You Dingy, I started with 40 mg. for 3 days, 30 for 1 day, 20 for 1 day, 10 for 1 day and THATS it. This feels like sucking through a cotton filled straw. I have said that so many times but ITS TRUE.VERY uncomfy but this to shall pass. I am so glad to read your party went so well. And Fireworks for a topper. Perfect.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Dear Beloved Ding Bat ( you noticed this is still in keeping with the ding-dong theme this season),    I am so sorry you are still feeling poorly and you're right-it's Christmas shouldn't our bodies be giving us a vacation?  I know you hate the steroids but I think you should go for it AND!!!!  the bonus is you can eat triple the amount of food you would normally eat for Christmas and blame the drugs.  On the plus side we have all made it to another Christmas-Hurray!- and are feeling well enough to joke about ding-dongs, ding-bats and ding-a-lings.  Love you Peggy and praying you are supercharged for the holidays-  Dingy     Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Joyce O2Joyce was your increase sudden? Wed of this week I was trying to get some laundry done and Just could NOT breathe once I got them into the washer, I sat in a chair there in the kitchen and prayed really hard.( in my heart and mind) I kept belly breathing and nearly freaked. So I had do the carrying . My air was on 5L. SHOOT---I got down right mad. This stuff always happens when my Dr. isn't in clinic. She told me to call anytime, If they couldn't find her to talk to a fellow on call 24/7. I HATE THIS DISEASE.. I want to get into the floor and scream and kick and just have a hissy fit.. can't breath so I guess I won't.I have been using the puffer. Not much help.     I AM GOING SHOPPING. that should fix me. Thanks for the info on the liquid. I'll check into it.Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Peggy,When I went to high flow (past 5), I had to get a new prescription.  Sometimes when the provider doesn't want to order the high flow, he will give you two concentrators and hook them to a Y connector.  First of all the noise would be deafening, secondly it costs twice as much to run them.  They say each is $3-400 a year on your electric bill. My doc told me that I would get better quality oxygen from liquid, so that is my next move.  I will keep it in the garage and run the tube through the door or wall.  I will worry with that after Christmas. When I was on 5L and got all short of breath, I had no where to go as far as giving myself a little more 02 to get over the hump.  Was a very uncomfortable time.  My portable goes up to 15.  Both the liquid and the regulator for the tanks. The doc wants me to wear the mask when I am up and about.  It muffles my voice so noone can understand what I am saying.  A nuisance, but it does keep me better oxygenated. Have a wonderful trip and holiday.Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997    BRONCHIECTASIS 2004   INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10   ....when I am weak, then I am strong. > > >> > > I have not travel by air since the surgery that finished me of and> > > made sure I stayed on this road. I am a bit nervous to travel by > air> > > for fear of desaurating too much. How have you all done with that?> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! > Search.> >>Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Peggy,

Do you have an inhaler? Sounds like you may need one.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > >> > > > I have not travel by air since the surgery that finished me of > and> > > > made sure I stayed on this road. I am a bit nervous to travel by> > air> > > > for fear of desaurating too much. How have you all done with > that?> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > Search.> > >> >> > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! > Search.> > > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Guest guest

Oh Darling Princess Peggy, I HATE that you're feeling so Blue...when you've had another wee rest try the Party on Kanga...you can slip into First Class anytime & have a little weep with the 'Blues Brothers'...

Hopefully your body has kicked the horrid bug that made the Doc prescribe the nasty stuff for you in the first place.

Thinking of you,

in Oz >> , Oh we'll have to do a little jig for the folks..lol > Beth does a mean chicken dance.> > I am not feeling a whole lot better. I am still shaking like a leaf > my insides are jumping. I cry when I just have a different thought. I > don't know why that stuff does this to me. My last dose was Sat. so > JOY comes in the Morning. Hopefully I'll sleep through the night. > This is just crazy. I am feeling like I did the first time I had to > withdraw..> > Take care of you. I am going to church Wed. night.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Guest guest

Oh Darling Princess Peggy, I HATE that you're feeling so Blue...when you've had another wee rest try the Party on Kanga...you can slip into First Class anytime & have a little weep with the 'Blues Brothers'...

Hopefully your body has kicked the horrid bug that made the Doc prescribe the nasty stuff for you in the first place.

Thinking of you,

in Oz >> , Oh we'll have to do a little jig for the folks..lol > Beth does a mean chicken dance.> > I am not feeling a whole lot better. I am still shaking like a leaf > my insides are jumping. I cry when I just have a different thought. I > don't know why that stuff does this to me. My last dose was Sat. so > JOY comes in the Morning. Hopefully I'll sleep through the night. > This is just crazy. I am feeling like I did the first time I had to > withdraw..> > Take care of you. I am going to church Wed. night.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Guest guest

Peggy, It makes me cry too and makes me do weird things. I will all of a sudden want to pluck all my eyebrows, or iron all my clothes, or dust all the ceilings. I become obsessed with the weirdest things. I have to remind myself that its the drugs and I am not actually crazy (okay maybe a little crazy but not enough to do away with my eyebrows!) On the plus side my house is really really clean and there are absolutely no cobwebs in my corners. I hope the side effects wear off quickly for you- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

, Oh we'll have to do a little jig for the folks..lol Beth does a mean chicken dance.I am not feeling a whole lot better. I am still shaking like a leaf my insides are jumping. I cry when I just have a different thought. I don't know why that stuff does this to me. My last dose was Sat. so JOY comes in the Morning. Hopefully I'll sleep through the night. This is just crazy. I am feeling like I did the first time I had to withdraw.. Take care of you. I am going to church Wed. night. Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks

back, Faith looks up."

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

...sorry to hear of your recent problem. Sounds somewhat similar to what Joyce went through.

Sure there's a reason you DON'T die...God isn't through with you yet.

I hope you're feeling much better today and have some strength back. You have been through so much.

Hugs.

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Happy New Year everybody!

Guess you have wondered what happened to me...well...lets see how to begin.

First...my transtrach thing became very infected. Had to have it removed until infection improved. Could not talk because of the hole in my throat. Also didnt feel so well. Anyway, last Wed., the surgeon reinserted the neck catheter and said all is well. But that night I didnt feel well, very weak, not much coughing as usual. Just not right. Following day it was worse...only my legs were getting numb and I was just really weak. Next day was Friday, my husband stayed home from work because I was "acting strange". Doc. told him to keep monitoring my blood pressure and it was giong down down down. Got down to 60/42...my vision was really bad and legs and arms didnt work but I refusted 911. Sat.....even worse. I started having some wierd contractions in my chest, like seizueres, my eyesight was gone and I could not move my arms or legs. Felt like a train on my chest. I decided I was dying and my husband thought so too. It was really really bad. I wasnt scared, just thought it was my time at last. Tim went in to turn the concentrator up and the red light was on...no oxygen at all. He immediately got a liquid portable and put it on 15 and started it in my neck. In about 15 min., I could see again. After an hour, I was talking, coughing and moving again. So, I was without oxygen and that is what was happening. I had felt the oxygen surging a couple of times earlier in the week and I told my husband that it was whistling but it never changed to the red light. So, he called Apria and they came our with a new concentrator. Do I trust it? NO. But anyway, what was going on all those days , I found out, was that the concentrator was blowing air but not concentrating the air. As far as I knew, it was fine because the green light was on and I felt air. Now...if I had had an oxymeter, we coujld have checked my oxygen leval and known but my pulmo. said I didnt need one cause I would panic if I had one. Well, now, we are getting on online. I rally think I was dying from lack of oxygen. My doctor always told me that when your oxygen level gets low, that your body will save it and give what you have to your organs and your hands and legs and feet will not get any and thus goes dead feeling. Exactly what had happened. I was having semi-seizures due to lack of oxygen and my blood pressure was too low. So...now I am doing as well as can be expected. I check the concentrator often and when I feel sog then we get the portable liquid oxygen, just in case. I am ordering an oximeter today online . Not going to wait for the doctors approval. When my husband called my doctor, when I was so bad, she just said to make sure I was drinking fluids. No real concern because as we all know, I was and am expected to die soon anyway. Guess she thought that was happening.

Ssure sorry to read about Madeline Holmes. I sent a card today. I wonder about Vicky. And Janine.

I care about all of you.

You know, there must be a reason why I get so close to dying and never do.

L

IIPF 02 PH 06

Trans trach...07

Guest guest

...sorry to hear of your recent problem. Sounds somewhat similar to what Joyce went through.

Sure there's a reason you DON'T die...God isn't through with you yet.

I hope you're feeling much better today and have some strength back. You have been through so much.

Hugs.

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Happy New Year everybody!

Guess you have wondered what happened to me...well...lets see how to begin.

First...my transtrach thing became very infected. Had to have it removed until infection improved. Could not talk because of the hole in my throat. Also didnt feel so well. Anyway, last Wed., the surgeon reinserted the neck catheter and said all is well. But that night I didnt feel well, very weak, not much coughing as usual. Just not right. Following day it was worse...only my legs were getting numb and I was just really weak. Next day was Friday, my husband stayed home from work because I was "acting strange". Doc. told him to keep monitoring my blood pressure and it was giong down down down. Got down to 60/42...my vision was really bad and legs and arms didnt work but I refusted 911. Sat.....even worse. I started having some wierd contractions in my chest, like seizueres, my eyesight was gone and I could not move my arms or legs. Felt like a train on my chest. I decided I was dying and my husband thought so too. It was really really bad. I wasnt scared, just thought it was my time at last. Tim went in to turn the concentrator up and the red light was on...no oxygen at all. He immediately got a liquid portable and put it on 15 and started it in my neck. In about 15 min., I could see again. After an hour, I was talking, coughing and moving again. So, I was without oxygen and that is what was happening. I had felt the oxygen surging a couple of times earlier in the week and I told my husband that it was whistling but it never changed to the red light. So, he called Apria and they came our with a new concentrator. Do I trust it? NO. But anyway, what was going on all those days , I found out, was that the concentrator was blowing air but not concentrating the air. As far as I knew, it was fine because the green light was on and I felt air. Now...if I had had an oxymeter, we coujld have checked my oxygen leval and known but my pulmo. said I didnt need one cause I would panic if I had one. Well, now, we are getting on online. I rally think I was dying from lack of oxygen. My doctor always told me that when your oxygen level gets low, that your body will save it and give what you have to your organs and your hands and legs and feet will not get any and thus goes dead feeling. Exactly what had happened. I was having semi-seizures due to lack of oxygen and my blood pressure was too low. So...now I am doing as well as can be expected. I check the concentrator often and when I feel sog then we get the portable liquid oxygen, just in case. I am ordering an oximeter today online . Not going to wait for the doctors approval. When my husband called my doctor, when I was so bad, she just said to make sure I was drinking fluids. No real concern because as we all know, I was and am expected to die soon anyway. Guess she thought that was happening.

Ssure sorry to read about Madeline Holmes. I sent a card today. I wonder about Vicky. And Janine.

I care about all of you.

You know, there must be a reason why I get so close to dying and never do.

L

IIPF 02 PH 06

Trans trach...07

Guest guest

Gosh that is scary! Glad to know everything is better now and

that you are taking care of! Glad your ordering one of those

oximeters probably a good thing at this point!

take care of yourself!

Sandie

>

> > Happy New Year everybody!

> > Guess you have wondered what happened to me...well...lets see how

to

> > begin.

> > First...my transtrach thing became very infected. Had to have it

> > removed until infection improved. Could not talk because of the

hole

> > in my throat. Also didnt feel so well. Anyway, last Wed., the

> > surgeon reinserted the neck catheter and said all is well. But

that

> > night I didnt feel well, very weak, not much coughing as usual.

Just

> > not right. Following day it was worse...only my legs were

getting

> > numb and I was just really weak. Next day was Friday, my husband

> > stayed home from work because I was " acting strange " . Doc. told

him

> > to keep monitoring my blood pressure and it was giong down down

down.

> > Got down to 60/42...my vision was really bad and legs and arms

didnt

> > work but I refusted 911. Sat.....even worse. I started having

some

> > wierd contractions in my chest, like seizueres, my eyesight was

gone

> > and I could not move my arms or legs. Felt like a train on my

chest.

> > I decided I was dying and my husband thought so too. It was

really

> > really bad. I wasnt scared, just thought it was my time at

last. Tim

> > went in to turn the concentrator up and the red light was on...no

> > oxygen at all. He immediately got a liquid portable and put it

on 15

> > and started it in my neck. In about 15 min., I could see again.

> > After an hour, I was talking, coughing and moving again. So, I

was

> > without oxygen and that is what was happening. I had felt the

oxygen

> > surging a couple of times earlier in the week and I told my

husband

> > that it was whistling but it never changed to the red light. So,

he

> > called Apria and they came our with a new concentrator. Do I

trust

> > it? NO. But anyway, what was going on all those days , I found

out,

> > was that the concentrator was blowing air but not concentrating

the

> > air. As far as I knew, it was fine because the green light was

on and

> > I felt air. Now...if I had had an oxymeter, we coujld have

checked my

> > oxygen leval and known but my pulmo. said I didnt need one cause

I

> > would panic if I had one. Well, now, we are getting on online.

I

> > rally think I was dying from lack of oxygen. My doctor always

told me

> > that when your oxygen level gets low, that your body will save it

and

> > give what you have to your organs and your hands and legs and

feet

> > will not get any and thus goes dead feeling. Exactly what had

> > happened. I was having semi-seizures due to lack of oxygen and

my

> > blood pressure was too low. So...now I am doing as well as can

be

> > expected. I check the concentrator often and when I feel sog

then we

> > get the portable liquid oxygen, just in case. I am ordering an

> > oximeter today online . Not going to wait for the doctors

approval.

> > When my husband called my doctor, when I was so bad, she just

said to

> > make sure I was drinking fluids. No real concern because as we

all

> > know, I was and am expected to die soon anyway. Guess she

thought

> > that was happening.

> > Ssure sorry to read about Madeline Holmes. I sent a card today.

I

> > wonder about Vicky. And Janine.

> > I care about all of you.

> > You know, there must be a reason why I get so close to dying and

never

> > do.

> > L

> > IIPF 02 PH 06

> > Trans trach...07

> >

> >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.12/1203 - Release Date:

12/30/2007 11:27 AM

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Gosh that is scary! Glad to know everything is better now and

that you are taking care of! Glad your ordering one of those

oximeters probably a good thing at this point!

take care of yourself!

Sandie

>

> > Happy New Year everybody!

> > Guess you have wondered what happened to me...well...lets see how

to

> > begin.

> > First...my transtrach thing became very infected. Had to have it

> > removed until infection improved. Could not talk because of the

hole

> > in my throat. Also didnt feel so well. Anyway, last Wed., the

> > surgeon reinserted the neck catheter and said all is well. But

that

> > night I didnt feel well, very weak, not much coughing as usual.

Just

> > not right. Following day it was worse...only my legs were

getting

> > numb and I was just really weak. Next day was Friday, my husband

> > stayed home from work because I was " acting strange " . Doc. told

him

> > to keep monitoring my blood pressure and it was giong down down

down.

> > Got down to 60/42...my vision was really bad and legs and arms

didnt

> > work but I refusted 911. Sat.....even worse. I started having

some

> > wierd contractions in my chest, like seizueres, my eyesight was

gone

> > and I could not move my arms or legs. Felt like a train on my

chest.

> > I decided I was dying and my husband thought so too. It was

really

> > really bad. I wasnt scared, just thought it was my time at

last. Tim

> > went in to turn the concentrator up and the red light was on...no

> > oxygen at all. He immediately got a liquid portable and put it

on 15

> > and started it in my neck. In about 15 min., I could see again.

> > After an hour, I was talking, coughing and moving again. So, I

was

> > without oxygen and that is what was happening. I had felt the

oxygen

> > surging a couple of times earlier in the week and I told my

husband

> > that it was whistling but it never changed to the red light. So,

he

> > called Apria and they came our with a new concentrator. Do I

trust

> > it? NO. But anyway, what was going on all those days , I found

out,

> > was that the concentrator was blowing air but not concentrating

the

> > air. As far as I knew, it was fine because the green light was

on and

> > I felt air. Now...if I had had an oxymeter, we coujld have

checked my

> > oxygen leval and known but my pulmo. said I didnt need one cause

I

> > would panic if I had one. Well, now, we are getting on online.

I

> > rally think I was dying from lack of oxygen. My doctor always

told me

> > that when your oxygen level gets low, that your body will save it

and

> > give what you have to your organs and your hands and legs and

feet

> > will not get any and thus goes dead feeling. Exactly what had

> > happened. I was having semi-seizures due to lack of oxygen and

my

> > blood pressure was too low. So...now I am doing as well as can

be

> > expected. I check the concentrator often and when I feel sog

then we

> > get the portable liquid oxygen, just in case. I am ordering an

> > oximeter today online . Not going to wait for the doctors

approval.

> > When my husband called my doctor, when I was so bad, she just

said to

> > make sure I was drinking fluids. No real concern because as we

all

> > know, I was and am expected to die soon anyway. Guess she

thought

> > that was happening.

> > Ssure sorry to read about Madeline Holmes. I sent a card today.

I

> > wonder about Vicky. And Janine.

> > I care about all of you.

> > You know, there must be a reason why I get so close to dying and

never

> > do.

> > L

> > IIPF 02 PH 06

> > Trans trach...07

> >

> >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.12/1203 - Release Date:

12/30/2007 11:27 AM

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Gwynne

I saw perform years and years ago....early 70's. It was in

the Greensboro (NC) Coliseum during the fair. Absolutely the lowest key

concert I've ever been to. A little talking on his part, but not much.

However, except for a 10 minute break in which his backups played, the

just performed one song after another for 2 hours or so.

>

> ,

> I totally agree with your comments. The Fab Four's

> tunes will live on, but you really need to see Mick

> and the boys live to get the full effect of their music.

> The closest I ever got to the Beatles was when I

> was 12 years old, at an auditorium here on closed

> circuit television broadcast from London. Of course

> that was a thrill at the time!!!

> Are you a fan?

> Hugs,

> Gwynne IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas

>

Guest guest

Warren

Can you tell us morte about what treatment you had and when please

Re:

>> Still looking for any advice on the rectal bleeding from radiation TY>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.435 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2721 - Release Date: 03/03/10 19:34:00

Guest guest

Warren,

I had 40 sessions of IGRT and had very minor bleeding on about 4 seperate days so I think I was lucky, however my Oncologist/Radiotherapist prescribed Cicatridine suppositories to be used daily throughout the treatment period and a couple of weeks after. It's a French pharmaceutical product (and unfortunately almost all of the info on the net is in French) and was actually developed for vaginal use (!) to promote healing after surgery and specifically radiation, among other vaginal ailments. It contains hyanuloric acid which is found in many of the body's mucosal fluids. Might be worth asking your Dr about it - it is probably available without prescription. It is easy and painless to use.

Malaga,Spain

Re: Re:

Warren Wohltjen <warrenwohltjen> wrote:> Still looking for any advice on the rectal bleeding from radiation TYI had hemorrhoids before radiation, made worse by the treatment, andalso a certain amount of proctitis.I used lots and lots of Preparation H (actually a generic equivalent)It's mostly just petroleum jelly, but it coats the lining of therectum, reduces rubbing of damaged skin against damaged skin, andgives both relief and a chance to heal.Try it liberally, multiple times per day using the insertion applicator.It worked for me.Alan

Guest guest

Warren,

I hesitated to respond to your post

because I have no scientifically validated information to give you and having been

whacked recently (yet again) for providing anecdotally based information, I

thought I might avoid another such clip over the ear, if I just shut up. But it

seems you may not have heard from any of the scientists on the list, but here

goes.

I have been looking around for some

information on behalf of a friend from Sweden who suddenly found blood in

his urine some three or four years after his radiation. This is some of the

information I found:

1. the bleeding may be associated with

diet or drink. By chance I came up with a suggestion that he might stop

drinking the red wine he enjoyed each evening at almost the same time as an old

pal of his (a retired urologist) suggested the same thing. Coincidentally, two

weeks after he had reduced his intake to just one glass per evening, the

bleeding stopped – a week before he was due to go into hospital for a

formaldehyde ablation, which his current urologist said might help. I assume he

may have stopped bleeding somewhat earlier if he had stopped the wine intake

altogether. I had suggested this to him because I had come across a thread on

another forum where no less than three people claimed to have stopped their

radiation associated bleeding (two with rectal blood/one with urine) by taking

this action. Another poster, who did not drink red wine, but whose bleeding had

cleared up said that their urologist had advised them to keep track of any

changes in food and drink if the bleeding started again.

2. One of the men on my Yana

site (Pat Priestly, whose story is at http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/PatP.htm)

says that HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) might help (This is the use of oxygen at high

pressure – see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine

) has helped him with his

severe radiation damage – I’ve a put a quote from his latest post

below.

<SNIP>

I would definitely recommend HBOT as a remedy for soft tissue damage caused by

radiation. No, it didn't cure me of the pain and lethargy caused by my

unusually painful and debillitating symptoms but I can say that it has helped

turn the tide when it comes to getting back in the swing of things.

I don't believe that I'd be to the point of healing that I am today without it.

I went in the chamber for a total of 57 treatments over a 60 day period and

started to notice improvement after about 25.

On the downside, HBOT takes an enormous time commitment and has a very high

price. My insurance sent me a pre-authorization letter stating that they would cover

the cost but have now put the last 17 treatments under review which could end

up costing me over $50K out of pocket.

Regardless of who has to pay in the end, I must say that the staff at the

treatment center was beyond fantastic. Once I became accustomed to the pressure

and mask, I was able to forget my cares and indulge in a movie every evening

that I was in the chamber without any disruptions or worries at all. <SNIP>

3. A third source recommended taking or

applying steroids

As I say, I have found no scientific

evidence that these are appropriate actions to take, but it seems that they may

help.

All the best

Terry Herbert

I have no medical qualifications

but I was diagnosed in ‘96: and have learned a bit since then.

My sites are at www.yananow.net and www.prostatecancerwatchfulwaiting.co.za

Dr

“Snuffy” Myers : " As a physician, I am painfully aware that most of

the decisions we make with regard to prostate cancer are made with inadequate

data "

From: ProstateCancerSupport [mailto:ProstateCancerSupport ] On Behalf Of Warren Wohltjen

Sent: Friday, 5 March 2010 2:24 AM

To: ProstateCancerSupport

Subject:

Re:

Still looking for any advice on the rectal bleeding from radiation TY

Guest guest

Ron

Can I check you meant to send this to the Prostate Cancer Site, is this telling us that since diagnosis you have coped by building boats and fishing?

xxxxx

Ron WhiteMy Boatbuilding site has MOVED to,http://knotreel.com

Guest guest

Tom wrote:

> ... The only spot they could detcet was in my lymph gland near

> the back surgery(I got staph permenantely from this operation)

> which was larger. I have wondered can they put seeds in my

> peripheral lymph nodes and some in the suspected lining of my

> prostrate with out too much exposure to tissues around that

> area. Would it be a way of containg and killing what is little

> there now without much risk to me. ...

Tom,

I'm no expert. You really need to consult a radiation oncologist

about this.

My understanding is that it is possible to target a lymph node

with radiation and kill cancer that is there. I have not heard

of this being done with seeds, but I have heard of it being done

with external beam radiation. " Salvage " radiation often does

this.

I don't know whether you are a good candidate for this kind of

salvage radiation or not. That's a question for a specialist.

My suspicion is that the radiation oncologist would try to figure

out 1) whether there really is a good chance that this is the

only place where cancer has spread and 2) has there already been

radiation in this area and repeat radiation may do more harm than

good.

Good luck.

Alan