Guest guest

Jodi

don't knock yourself - you're trying to help yourself - that's why

we're all here - we go too fast, add too much etc - in hopes of a

quicker fix - go slow - you can always pull stuff out and re-start

hang in

eileen :-)

>

> i know this was discussed before on the list.

> but i was wondering how am i to know the difference between die off

> pain and the crohn's/colitis pain?

>

> if i wouldn't of taken the oreganol drops i wouldn't know now that

> what i am experiencing is due to die-off or at least i think it is.

> perhaps the oreganol isn't agreeing with me? when i took olive leaf

> extract- that sent me into spasms that i couldn't move- took a while

> for me to snap out of it. but i don't know since that was a while

ago

> and maybe since i have been on the diet the effects arent as bad

when

> i make a mistake? i took the oreganol drops this morning- i am

> experiencing a discomfort in my lower abdomen feeling like my

> intestine is being kneaded and twisted. it feels hot and i have an

> uncomfortable headache. it's running me down and i feel i need to

> rest but i am not worried and i am able to move around the house and

> am not bedridden.

>

> thing is i get this when i eat something bad- like make a mistake

and

> thats when the disease acts up!

>

> it is very similar that it confuses me.

>

> i feel i have a sugar/carb problem and i crave it constantly. for

the

> first 2.5 months on the diet i had no appetite to suddenly needing

to

> eat every 2-3 hours. but i find that i am addicted to that sugary

> feeling be it from a banana to eating something fatty like cashew

> butter. some days i think i over-do it which makes me upset because

> that causes significant right upper pain. so i stop a few day and i

> do it again!!!!!!! i feel like something possesses me to look into

the

> fridge/kitchen sometimes and it is hard for me not to reach for

> something sweet. i can't really drink the diluted apple cider as

that

> makes feel bloated and grape juice gives me green watery D.

>

> i thought that if i take the oreganol that maybe it would kill the

> candida a bit and this crave would become more manageable.

>

> but supplements just seem to make me worse. i don't know why i keep

> trying things. i am so mad at myself.

>

> jodi

>

Guest guest

Jodi,

I am exactly like you with regards to cravings and overdoing the sugary stuff. The simplest advice I received is to "just dont".. easier said than done. The more you eat the sugary stuff, the more you will crave it. The best thing to do if you cannot tolerate certain foods or you overdo them is to not bring them into the house and don't buy them when you go to the grocery store. Very ripe bananas should be ok. Stay away from nut butters if you are having any symptoms. For some people, cashew butter gives problems, and for a lot of people peanut butter gives problems. Almond or macadamia might be a better choice after you have no symptoms for a couple months.

Did you try diluting the grape juice a lot or splashing your water with grape juice? Can you eat cooked fruit yet? You can have applesauce or blend up yogurt, banana, and if you can tolerate it, cooked fruit such as apple or pineapple into a smoothie.

Never let yourself get hungry. Always have chicken soup, chicken, etc around and whenever you get a craving, first eat some protein. Sometimes cravings are just hunger.

Remember, the slower you go with the diet and stay away from advanced foods, the more quickly you will heal and be able to eat these foods later. Don't worry, you are not alone.

Best,

Sheena

UC - 8 yrs

SCD - 5 mnths

Posted by: "jodah235" jodah235@... jodah235

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:26 am (PST)

i know this was discussed before on the list.but i was wondering how am i to know the difference between die offpain and the crohn's/colitis pain?if i wouldn't of taken the oreganol drops i wouldn't know now thatwhat i am experiencing is due to die-off or at least i think it is. perhaps the oreganol isn't agreeing with me? when i took olive leafextract- that sent me into spasms that i couldn't move- took a whilefor me to snap out of it. but i don't know since that was a while agoand maybe since i have been on the diet the effects arent as bad wheni make a mistake? i took the oreganol drops this morning- i amexperiencing a discomfort in my lower abdomen feeling like myintestine is being kneaded and twisted. it feels hot and i have anuncomfortable headache. it's running me down and i feel i need torest but i am not worried and i am able to move around the house andam not bedridden.thing is i get this when i eat something bad- like make a mistake andthats when the disease acts up!it is very similar that it confuses me.i feel i have a sugar/carb problem and i crave it constantly. for thefirst 2.5 months on the diet i had no appetite to suddenly needing toeat every 2-3 hours. but i find that i am addicted to that sugaryfeeling be it from a banana to eating something fatty like cashewbutter. some days i think i over-do it which makes me upset becausethat causes significant right upper pain. so i stop a few day and ido it again!!!!!!! i feel like something possesses me to look into thefridge/kitchen sometimes and it is hard for me not to reach forsomething sweet. i can't really drink the diluted apple cider as thatmakes feel bloated and grape juice gives me green watery D.i thought that if i take the oreganol that maybe it would kill thecandida a bit and this crave would become more manageable. but supplements just seem to make me worse. i don't know why i keeptrying things. i am so mad at myself.jodiConnect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!