RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fibromyalgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Conni, I am a new member and am still reading and learning. I think I might have similar problems that you have but not yet diagnosised. I have deep freeze/cold/soreness bone pain. I have hives breaking out daily and I have raynaud symtomes when I met cold environment. Daily dealing with these ailments driving me NUTS that I would want to scream! Doctor found that my FT3 was extremely low and had me on Armour. Wounder can I take Armour and LDN at the same time???? Your post has given me hope. My doctor just give me anti-depresson, which did nothing but make me sleepy. I wonder how much dosage of LDN are you taking daily and took you how long that you could notice the difference? I could not find a doctor to write a script. I am planning to buy from the pharmacy that our group recommended. HelenConni Lawrence

<summerwind1@...> wrote: I have fibromyalgia, sjrogren’s and the base illness of scleroderma. I have been on ldn since Sept of 06. Within days of taking it, I started to feel so much better. My son started taking it for MS at the same time. Both he and I said the same thing—we felt like our bodies were working correctly for the first time. My pain level, energy level, circulation, bodily functions, mood, everything worked better and as I have told others, many of those things you don’t think of when everything is working well so you have to stop and think and evaluate the little changes. People around me, as I work in the public, could see how much better I was doing. I was also dealing with a back injury that had me in a lot of pain at the time. Yesterday, I taught riding lessons in the cold in Cleveland all day and had a party here after that. I was on my feet in the cold for 9 hours straight and my legs were sore a little but I did it, and I got up this morning and can function well. When I do something like that, I know that before ldn, I could not have done

it. And the next day, I would have not been able to do much. I don’t even feel tired today. I advise everyone to do what it takes to get the medication—even if it means a phone consult with one of the good doctors this site recommends. In my opinion, any doctor that withholds this medicine from a patient is negligent. Conni

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your encouragement. Even after the first week I am feeling better--fibromyalgia, irritable bowel, and rheumatoid arthritis. Carolie

[low dose naltrexone] Re:Fibromyalgia

I have fibromyalgia, sjrogren’s and the base illness of scleroderma. I have been on ldn since Sept of 06. Within days of taking it, I started to feel so much better. My son started taking it for MS at the same time. Both he and I said the same thing—we felt like our bodies were working correctly for the first time.

My pain level, energy level, circulation, bodily functions, mood, everything worked better and as I have told others, many of those things you don’t think of when everything is working well so you have to stop and think and evaluate the little changes. People around me, as I work in the public, could see how much better I was doing. I was also dealing with a back injury that had me in a lot of pain at the time. Yesterday, I taught riding lessons in the cold in Cleveland all day and had a party here after that. I was on my feet in the cold for 9 hours straight and my legs were sore a little but I did it, and I got up this morning and can function well. When I do something like that, I know that before ldn, I could not have done it. And the next day, I would have not been able to do much. I don’t even feel tired today.

I advise everyone to do what it takes to get the medication—even if it means a phone consult with one of the good doctors this site recommends.

In my opinion, any doctor that withholds this medicine from a patient is negligent.

Conni

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.2/1270 - Release Date: 2/10/2008 12:21 PM

Guest guest

I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. It sounds strange but even after just a week on 1.5--I definitely have less pain and achiness. My theory is that the boosting of endorphin production while you are asleep early in the morning--causes you to experience less pain. Since body aches and sore points are one of the major symptoms with fibromyalgia--it makes sense for symptom management. Let me know what you find out. Carolie

[low dose naltrexone] Re: Fibromyalgia

>> Does any with Fibromyalgia use LDN if so can you please tell me how its > going and what effects good or bad it has had on you. I am in the > process of gathering info for my own neuro so I can convinve him to > write me a script, I have MS and in the process of seen that LDN can be > helpful for Fibromyalgia which my Mother in law was just diagnosed > with. Just searching out for more info for my loved ones. thanks for > any help.>Hi there- I have had only good results since starting LDN a week agofor fibro.I went to a holistic M.D. and he had me look at the LDN website. To me it was a no- brainer and I had him call in theprescription.My pain has reduced dramatically! I have hope. Good luck- Cheri

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.2/1270 - Release Date: 2/10/2008 12:21 PM

Guest guest

The thyroid will likely not make you feel much better (even if you need it)--probably not the anti-depression meds either.

I would suggest that you keep looking for a local physician--or try one that does telephone consults info@... with sending your records ahead--or that you make a trip to visit a physician who will see you.

Despite how desperate your feel, it sounds like you need some med. supervision because your case sounds so complex. cc

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re:Fibromyalgia

Hi, Conni,

I am a new member and am still reading and learning. I think I might have similar problems that you have but not yet diagnosised. I have deep freeze/cold/soreness bone pain. I have hives breaking out daily and I have raynaud symtomes when I met cold environment. Daily dealing with these ailments driving me NUTS that I would want to scream! Doctor found that my FT3 was extremely low and had me on Armour. Wounder can I take Armour and LDN at the same time???? Your post has given me hope. My doctor just give me anti-depresson, which did nothing but make me sleepy. I wonder how much dosage of LDN are you taking daily and took you how long that you could notice the difference? I could not find a doctor to write a script. I am planning to buy from the pharmacy that our group recommended. HelenConni Lawrence <summerwind1roadrunner> wrote:

I have fibromyalgia, sjrogren’s and the base illness of scleroderma. I have been on ldn since Sept of 06. Within days of taking it, I started to feel so much better. My son started taking it for MS at the same time. Both he and I said the same thing—we felt like our bodies were working correctly for the first time.

My pain level, energy level, circulation, bodily functions, mood, everything worked better and as I have told others, many o those things you don’t think of when everything is working well so you have to stop and think and evaluate the little changes. People around me, as I work in the public, could see how much better I was doing. I was also dealing with a back injury that had me in a lot of pain at the time. Yesterday, I taught riding lessons in the cold in Cleveland all day and had a party here after that. I was on my feet in the cold for 9 hours straight and my legs were sore a little but I did it, and I got up this morning and can function well. When I do something like that, I know that before ldn, I could not have done it. And the next day, I would have not been able to do much. I don’t even feel tired today.

I advise everyone to do what it takes to get the medication—even if it means a phone consult with one of the good doctors this site recommends.

In my opinion, any doctor that withholds this medicine from a patient is negligent.

Conni

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,Chemotherapy agents and LDN work against each other. It's like trying to ride a bike with the brakes on. To learn more, visithttp://tinyurl.com/2p57xvBest regards,Dudley Delany

dudley_delanyFrom: calgarygoldieblue

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:46 PM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] fibromyalgia

Hello everyone in this group.

It has been a long time since I have been on this site but just to bring you up to date.

I have been taking ldn 4.5 mg for the past 2 years. It is just wonderful how it has helped me

with the pain especially in my arms and hands. Anyway last Nov,. 8 I had surgery for colon

cancer at which time I had to go off ldn as the pain killers that they gave me (morphine)

would not work with the ldn. So I went off them for about 2 weeks. No pain occured in

regard to the fibro. Just surgical pain. I am now taking chemo via pill form. Lately I have

noticed that the pain is back in my arms mostly. they ache pretty bad - then I was

wondering if the medication (chemo) is a drug which stops the action of ldn. The name of

the drug that I am taking is Xeloda " capecitabine. They (the oncologists) decided I should

take some chemo as the tumor in the colon showed " lymphatic invasion " whatever that

means. So far the chemo is not hard on me - only severe dry and cracked finger tips. They

are very sore so i wear rubber gloves whenver I'm in water and try to keep it a minimum. I

was just wondering if the drug is stopping the work of ldn. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

I have 5 more months of treatment and hopefully it will have eliminated any cancer cells that

might be floating around in my body.

Sincerely

Margaret

Guest guest

aletha sent me, and others, posts about those with fibro who take ldn.

i didn't think, thanks to fatigue and fibro fog, to do a search here

in the group, to find posts. but if aletha doesn't send them to you,

i can forward some. let me know.

i was buying online and tried the tablets. the first batch worked

pretty well as far as mood, for me, but the initial insomnia was

pretty bad on top of my already horrible fibro insomnia. so i ordered

a 2nd batch of different looking tablets and they did not work at all.

i am trying to find a doc who will write a rx so i can get ldn which

is a consistent quality from skips to be on for a while. i no longer

will buy it online and very few docs will write scripts.

take care,

marg

>

> I would like to hear from fibromyalgia patients who have been

taking LDN.

> How effective has it been, and did you have any trouble finding an

MD to

> prescribe it? I was turned down by my doctor GP. I will now try a

> rheumatologist.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Carol

Guest guest

Where are you located? Maybe we can help find a doc. mjh

Posted by: "idisnotok" idisnotok@... idisnotok

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:11 pm (PST)

aletha sent me, and others, posts about those with fibro who take ldn.i didn't think, thanks to fatigue and fibro fog, to do a search here in the group, to find posts. but if aletha doesn't send them to you, i can forward some. let me know.i was buying online and tried the tablets. the first batch worked pretty well as far as mood, for me, but the initial insomnia was pretty bad on top of my already horrible fibro insomnia. so i ordered a 2nd batch of different looking tablets and they did not work at all.i am trying to find a doc who will write a rx so i can get ldn which is a consistent quality from skips to be on for a while. i no longer will buy it online and very few docs will write scripts.take care,margDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

Some doctors who treat Lyme feel that there is a connection between fibromyalgia and Lyme. I attended a CFIDS group recently where many of the members were being tested for Lyme, and a number of them came up positive.Marisa

Guest guest

i'm in mid-michigan. i have gotten names of docs, i called one, he

doesn't write scripts just for ldn, i would need to use him as my

primary care doc, which i may need to do because the one primary care

isn't helping much at all with all my medical issues.

so many docs don't want to do anymore than what is " reasoanlbe and

customary " so they can get to their next consult fee and this minimal

treatment also prevents lawsuits, so i need to probably find a primary

care who is still interested in helping people get well.

i alos did get the phone consult names, too. so i guess i need to

decide whether to do the phone consult or switch docs.

thanks,

marg

>

> Where are you located? Maybe we can help find a doc. mjh

Guest guest

so many docs still do lyme testing at labs they know darn well don't

do the accurate lyme tests, just so they can get their commission for

having the test done. i started feeling such rage when one idiot

doctor explained it to me, i wanted to cuss him out, the greedy jerk!

i gotta find a doc who uses the right lab to run the accurate lyme

test, too!

thanks,

marg

>

> Some doctors who treat Lyme feel that there is a connection between

fibromyalgia and Lyme. I attended a CFIDS group recently where many

of the members were being tested for Lyme, and a number of them came

up positive.

>

> Marisa

>

Guest guest

Marg

I am in mid-Michigan, too. I see a first class rheumatologist in Lansing who writes scripts for LDN. She's *ell on wheels and I recommend her highly.

The other is my family doc's spouse in Grass Lake. His interest is in autism re LDN but also successfully treats FMS.

Hope this helps

mjh

Posted by: "idisnotok" idisnotok@... idisnotok

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 am (PST)

i'm in mid-michigan. i have gotten names of docs, i called one, he doesn't write scripts just for ldn, i would need to use him as my primary care doc, which i may need to do because the one primary care isn't helping much at all with all my medical issues.so many docs don't want to do anymore than what is "reasoanlbe and customary" so they can get to their next consult fee and this minimal treatment also prevents lawsuits, so i need to probably find a primary care who is still interested in helping people get well.i alos did get the phone consult names, too. so i guess i need to decide whether to do the phone consult or switch docs.thanks,margDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

Hi Lucinda,

My daughter was recently given the same diagnosis of

fibromyalgia after 5 years of having presumed systemic

jra. Their main reasoning for changing the dx was her lack of

swelling in joints.

My daughter is being treated with amitryptiline which is an

antidepressant but it is used " off-label " to help with pain sensors.

We have tried physical therapy. Aundrea found the tens unit and

parafin wax to be helpful.

Other recommendations were biofeedback, hydrotherapy, and

accupuncture. We haven't tried any of these yet.

Aundrea also has syptoms of GERD and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. We

starting seeing a naturopath last week. She is going to run tests to

determine if Aundrea has allergies to certain foods which might be

making the stomach issues worse. She also started her on cortisol to

help with a problem related to her adrenal glands.

A list member recently provided me with the book " conquering your

child's chronic pain " by Dr. Lonnie Zeltzer. I though it was a

pretty beneficial read and would recommend it. I intend to follow up

on some of the things that I read with a couple of Aundrea's doc's.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. If you have more questions please

feel free to email me offlist or on the group site. whichever you

prefer is fine.

(Aundrea 13 fibromyalgia, gerd, IBS)

>

> I've had so much happening I haven't written for awhile. But

> yesterday I FINALLY got my son (11.5) to see a rheumy. After 3

plus

> months on 1000mg of naprosyn, she says it isn't rheumatoid

arthritis

> as he didn't have persistent swelling/redness/heat for 6 weeks and

she

> didn't feel any inflammation in the joints at the visit. HOWEVER,

she

> said he met ALL the criteria for fibromyalgia.

>

> so onto a new research topic...any advice/thoughts/btdt/etc?

>

> PLEASE!?!

>

> lucinda

>

Guest guest

Hi!

I have the book you suggested. got it maybe two years ago so I guess

the issues have been longer lasting than I realized.

It's not so long that he was on the meds I realize but they do help so

it's a bit tough to stop them, though I'm glad too. They didn't do it

all so I was worried about what else he'd have to take if JRA.

I read a good article I'll try to p ost soon.

Lucinda

Guest guest

Hello-

I'm sorry to hear your son has FMS but it's good that the doctor recognized

and acknowledged it.

I have had Fibro adn JRA since very young but doctors, at the time, went

between acceptance that kids get FMS to they don't so it's been a bit of an

adventure.

One thing about FM in kids that can be slightly hopeful is that according to

some researchers, I believe, Dr Yunnus? That kids with FMS were more likely

to not have FMS as a chronic issue for the rest of their life and often had

less tender points than in adults. They tend to have less of the overally

problems that adults with it have. So that/s not always true however, it

could be so maybe it could give a bit of hope there, I don't know.

For my fibro, I take cymbalta for the benefits it has for pain control as

well as depression. I also take neurontin and other medications too for

managing pain. I had trigger ponint injections with marcaine and depomedrol

into tender/trigger points in my nneck and back due to a lto of spasms and

migraine issues. I thought they hurt a whole lot and didn't help enough to

go through them!

Sleep regulation is one of the biggest issues with fibro and difficulkt

because of the lack of non restorative sleep that can really increase pain,

prevent recovery and just feeds into the cycle of pain, fatigue, etc.

Anyways, not sure what else to say right now.

Take care

Issadora

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:02 PM, priyalyn <priyalyn@...> wrote:

> Hi!

>

> I have the book you suggested. got it maybe two years ago so I guess

> the issues have been longer lasting than I realized.

>

> It's not so long that he was on the meds I realize but they do help so

> it's a bit tough to stop them, though I'm glad too. They didn't do it

> all so I was worried about what else he'd have to take if JRA.

>

> I read a good article I'll try to p ost soon.

>

> Lucinda

>

>

>

--

" Life- Like the flutter of wings... feel your hollow wings rushing... " (AFI-

Silver and Cold).

my Flight in life is a metamorphosis of growth and this flutter of wings is

within me awaiting to find a space to find it's flow...

Guest guest

For fibromyalgia if you aren't already you may find large doses of magnesium

really help. you need to take these twice a day on an empty stomach - morning

and night. the way to work out how much you need is to work up to a dose that

starts to give you diarea and then drop back by 100mg. Take powder or capsules

rather than tablets of an easily absorbed form. If that dosen't help after a few

weeks try adding in manganese. Hope this helps. catherine

Guest guest

There are quite a few websites that discuss a connection between low

thyroid and fibromyalgia. For example:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/fibro_friends/107625

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/fibromyalgiacfs/a/fibrothyroid.htm

http://www.fibroandfatigue.com/documents/clinical/Are%20all%20CFS%20FM%20patient\

s%20low%20thyroid.pdf

I hope you'll find something useful there. I did a Google search with

" fibromyalgia low thyroid " .

Miriam

> I think that you may be correct and my thigh pains may be fibromyalgia.

Guest guest

Hi Lizzie

I am never sure whether fibromyalgia is part of being

hypothyroid or whether it is a completely different disease. I do know

that T3 in any form helps relieve the pain and is used for many

sufferers.

I think you should ask Dr B whether fibromyalgia could be the

cause of your pain, and follow this up by mentioning that you are aware that the

treatment that works for many sufferers with fibromyalgia is the active hormone

T3 and that you are aware from message boards that many sufferers with fibromyalgia

are better treated using natural Armour thyroid because it has all the thyroid

hormones your body needs. However, under the present climate where BTA et

appear to be doing everything they can to boycott ALL T3 (either synthetic or

natural preparations) be prepared for him to try to steer away from this

subject. Doctors in the UK are literally living in fear and dread of

recommending T3 and being found to be going against the BTA diagnosing and

treatment protocol of diagnosing by blood results ONLY and treating with

levothyroxine ONLY because of the terrible fear they will be reported to the

GMC for daring to do so, with the likelihood of them losing their career. I

have heard tales that Dr B has suddenly turned tail from his really good

treatment protocol he used to give his patients and I have been asked to remove

his name from my list of 'good' doctors who will prescribe either a combination

of synthetic T4/T3 or natural containing products of T4 and T3. I have also

heard that his 'bedside manner' of late leaves a lot to be desired.

Good luck Lizzie - I hope you get what you need, but be prepared

to stand your ground and remind him that he did promise you at one time that

should the synthetic combination not prove right for you that he would give you

a trial of Armour thyroid. Let us know the outcome.

Luv - Sheila

Do you know what I can do about treating it. Does Armour thyroid help with

fibro, is it just

a symptom of hypothyroidism or another disease.

At least I may be getting to the bottom of this but I hope it dosen't mean

there is nothing

that can be done and that I have to just live with it. It can be so

debilitating some days and

makes it really hard for me at work when it's hurting.

I look forward to any reassurance anyone may be able to offer.

Love Lizzie

___

Guest guest

>

> Hi there everyone,

>

> I'm at a crossroads in my healing and need support to continue on

this rocky road. I am facing a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after a

normal gastroscopy for burning pain in esophagus. My chest is on fire

and now pains move through my body. This has only started happening

since I went on a candida free diet through my naturopath and began

an antifungal supplement, Candicin. I stopped the antifungal, but

the symptoms are increasing. I KNOW now that the burning is not an

acid problem, that this is a die-off, healing reaction, yet the

depression that is occurring is becoming unmanageable. My doctor has

prescribed amitriptyline, which I know will probably help with the

pain and the depression but is toxic to the body. I also know after

another couple of visits to the emergency ward, my body is indeed in

crisis and the situation is worsening. I have cut way back on the

coconut oil, and am following my naturopath's diet, which is quite

close to Bee's. The only real cheat for me is that I'm eating 3%BF

active ingredient yogurt which is the only thing that seems to ease

the burning esophagus and thrush. I try to limit the amount I eat, as

I hold it in my mouth and sip it slowly. It is the only thing that

soothes this incredible painful burn.

>

> Being believed that these symptoms are real is hard enough from the

medical profession. My family and friends struggle to support me

when they see I want to reject the a " quick fix " from the anti-

depressant. They see me sliding into a deeper depression and are

feeling helpless and are questioning my decision to pursue this

naturally.

>

> I guess I'm asking if there is any middle ground... a very low

dosage of amitriptyline to get me some much needed sleep and healing

time, while continuing on the diet? Or will the toxic effect of the

meds cancel out any benefit of the diet? Is there some sort of

natural antidepressant you would recommend?

>

> What do people find helpful for sleep? I'm going on 3-4 hours a

night and not getting the healing time I need.

>

> Thanks for your support and any input you can provide.

>

> Heidi

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hi there everyone,

>

> I'm at a crossroads in my healing and need support to continue on

this rocky road. I am facing a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after a

normal gastroscopy for burning pain in esophagus. My chest is on fire

and now pains move through my body. This has only started happening

since I went on a candida free diet through my naturopath and began

an antifungal supplement, Candicin. I stopped the antifungal, but

the symptoms are increasing.

+++, Candicin should not be taken. It is a mixture of

antifungal oils, including wormwood which shouldn't be taken by a

woman who can get pregnant, etc., etc. Besides the fact that

antifungals are a minor part of getting well compared to proper

nutrients. You were correct to stop taking it.

I KNOW now that the burning is not an acid problem, that this is a

die-off, healing reaction, yet the depression that is occurring is

becoming unmanageable. My doctor has prescribed amitriptyline, which

I know will probably help with the pain and the depression but is

toxic to the body. I also know after another couple of visits to the

emergency ward, my body is indeed in crisis and the situation is

worsening. I have cut way back on the coconut oil, and am following

my naturopath's diet, which is quite close to Bee's. The only real

cheat for me is that I'm eating 3%BF active ingredient yogurt which

is the only thing that seems to ease the burning esophagus and

thrush. I try to limit the amount I eat, as I hold it in my mouth and

sip it slowly. It is the only thing that soothes this incredible

painful burn.

+++, what works for most people who have burning is

sauerkraut. The reason is because sauerkraut has the remarkable

ability to increase stomach acid IF it is too low, and to decrease it

IF it is too high. I suggest you buy some good unpasteurized plain

sauerkraut at the health store (found in the fridge) and eat 1/4-1/2

cup with meals, and everytime you have burning take 1-2 tbls. It

takes about 3 weeks to settle your stomach down, but it works!

You'll need to take it with you everywhere so you can have some at

anytime.

>

> Being believed that these symptoms are real is hard enough from the

medical profession. My family and friends struggle to support me

when they see I want to reject the a " quick fix " from the anti-

depressant. They see me sliding into a deeper depression and are

feeling helpless and are questioning my decision to pursue this

naturally.

>

> I guess I'm asking if there is any middle ground... a very low

dosage of amitriptyline to get me some much needed sleep and healing

time, while continuing on the diet? Or will the toxic effect of the

meds cancel out any benefit of the diet? Is there some sort of

natural antidepressant you would recommend?

> What do people find helpful for sleep? I'm going on 3-4 hours a

night and not getting the healing time I need.

+++No, it is not very wise to take a toxic drug. Instead get a good

herbal sleep supplement from the health store, and also see if

there's things you can do from this article on anxiety & depression:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/treat6.php

The best natural antidepressant is omega 3 essential fatty acids,

which are in the supplements I recommend. So ensure you are taking

all of the supplements listed, since the diet plus the supplements

all work together. No nutrients work in isolation of other nutrients.

Let me know how you do on the sauerkraut. Another thing that might

help you a lot is to do the 9-day program:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/dig6.php

If you do the 9-day program you can just drink sauerkraut juice or

chew on raw cabbage until you get out all of the juice, and then spit

out the pulp.

Bee

Guest guest

> Hi Heidi,

>

> I'm new to the group.

+++Hi Susie. Welcome to our wonderful group.

+++May I please request that you " trim your messages " before posting

them - the instructions were emailed to you when you joined the

group. Thanks a bunch! Bee

<snip>

+++Note to Bee: You are such a blessing to everyone on this site.

Thanks so much for your commitment!

+++You are so very welcome Susie! I am honored to be able to help!

The best in health, Bee

Guest guest

Hi Fibrofan,

I've had fibromyalgia for over 30 years, and have been on LDN for

about nine months. I increased the dose from 1.5 to 4.5 mg quickly and

my first positive response, lifting of fibrofog and mood, occurred

within a week. My energy levels are also improved, not to the extent

that I would like, but any improvement is a blessing. The pain is

taking a bit longer. The fibro pain is actually pretty much gone, but

I had developed some other nasty intercostal pain after a flu shot

over a year ago, before the LDN, that has not resolved. Still, I'd

rather take LDN than nsaids, opiates, cox2 inhibitors or any other

drug, any day!

I am a bit confused by what you mean when you say your meds have

receptors. Do you mean they contain opiates, or narcotics?

Opiate " receptors " are actually cells in the body that are designed to

receive the drug molecules. The drugs attach themselves to those

receptor cells. LDN plugs into those same receptors, so if it gets

there first, then the opiates have no " docking port " in the brain, so

they don't work. That is why naltrexone, in regular doses, is used for

addiction, and why one must be off narcotics for at least two weeks

before starting LDN. Otherwise, it can throw you into withdrawal,

which is no fun!

If you could get yourself off opiates, use nsaids or something else to

tide yourself over until you can get on LDN and give it time to work,

I do think it could be worthwhile for you. It might not be easy to

start with, but you could end up much healthier in the long run. There

is nothing to fear.

I hope these explanations are helpful and not too simplistic, but this

is my somewhat limited understanding of things. The endorphan boost,

and so much else, is so well-explained at the LDN website that I won't

belabor it here.

I wish you the best, and do keep us posted.

Konnie

>

> I haven't heard much from fibromyalgia people re: using LDN. if

> anyone knows, would you please let me know some of the details. I do

> know that you can't take it with opiod receptor meds, and

> unfortunately, since we use certain meds to sleep, that makes a

> problem for me, as two of my meds do have receptors.any experience

> with this?

>

Guest guest

Konnie thanks for your reply. My fms drugs, some of them have opioid receptors, and that is a no no for using LDN. I have about three and have to wean off them before taking the LDN. It is really difficult at this point and I am considering whether to get on Gabapentin instead, as it helps the pain a lot, and forget the LDN for now.

Hi Fibrofan,I've had fibromyalgia for over 30 years, and have been on LDN forabout nine months. I increased the dose from 1.5 to 4.5 mg quickly andmy first positive response, lifting of fibrofog and mood, occurredwithin a week. My energy levels are also improved, not to the extentthat I would like, but any improvement is a blessing. The pain istaking a bit longer. The fibro pain is actually pretty much gone, butI had developed some other nasty intercostal pain after a flu shotover a year ago, before the LDN, that has not resolved. Still, I'drather take LDN than nsaids, opiates, cox2 inhibitors or any otherdrug, any day!I am a bit confused by what you mean when you say your meds havereceptors. Do you mean they contain opiates, or narcotics?Opiate "receptors" are actually cells in the body that are designed toreceive the drug molecules. The drugs attach themselves to thosereceptor cells. LDN plugs into those same receptors, so if it getsthere first, then the opiates have no "docking port" in the brain, sothey don't work. That is why naltrexone, in regular doses, is used foraddiction, and why one must be off narcotics for at least two weeksbefore starting LDN. Otherwise, it can throw you into withdrawal,which is no fun! If you could get yourself off opiates, use nsaids or something else totide yourself over until you can get on LDN and give it time to work,I do think it could be worthwhile for you. It might not be easy tostart with, but you could end up much healthier in the long run. Thereis nothing to fear.I hope these explanations are helpful and not too simplistic, but thisis my somewhat limited understanding of things. The endorphan boost,and so much else, is so well-explained at the LDN website that I won'tbelabor it here.I wish you the best, and do keep us posted.Konnie>> I haven't heard much from fibromyalgia people re: using LDN. if> anyone knows, would you please let me know some of the details. I do> know that you can't take it with opiod receptor meds, and> unfortunately, since we use certain meds to sleep, that makes a> problem for me, as two of my meds do have receptors.any experience> with this?>

Guest guest

Hi Jan,

Rg: fibro

Have I already sent you over a copy of the "welcome e-mail" for LDN? If not please let me know. My e-mail is Aletha@...

All my best, Aletha

Guest guest

Hi

I hope I haven't replied to this before - I am pretty foggy today. the opiod I was talking about is in my tramadol, for pain. It is the mu receptor. Thankfully I dont have others that I thought I did. None of my nite meds have them, Do you still take meds to sleep or does the LDN take care of that?

Thanks again for your reply

Fibrofan

Hi Fibrofan,I've had fibromyalgia for over 30 years, and have been on LDN forabout nine months. I increased the dose from 1.5 to 4.5 mg quickly andmy first positive response, lifting of fibrofog and mood, occurredwithin a week. My energy levels are also improved, not to the extentthat I would like, but any improvement is a blessing. The pain istaking a bit longer. The fibro pain is actually pretty much gone, butI had developed some other nasty intercostal pain after a flu shotover a year ago, before the LDN, that has not resolved. Still, I'drather take LDN than nsaids, opiates, cox2 inhibitors or any otherdrug, any day!I am a bit confused by what you mean when you say your meds havereceptors. Do you mean they contain opiates, or narcotics?Opiate "receptors" are actually cells in the body that are designed toreceive the drug molecules. The drugs attach themselves to thosereceptor cells. LDN plugs into those same receptors, so if it getsthere first, then the opiates have no "docking port" in the brain, sothey don't work. That is why naltrexone, in regular doses, is used foraddiction, and why one must be off narcotics for at least two weeksbefore starting LDN. Otherwise, it can throw you into withdrawal,which is no fun! If you could get yourself off opiates, use nsaids or something else totide yourself over until you can get on LDN and give it time to work,I do think it could be worthwhile for you. It might not be easy tostart with, but you could end up much healthier in the long run. Thereis nothing to fear.I hope these explanations are helpful and not too simplistic, but thisis my somewhat limited understanding of things. The endorphan boost,and so much else, is so well-explained at the LDN website that I won'tbelabor it here.I wish you the best, and do keep us posted.Konnie>> I haven't heard much from fibromyalgia people re: using LDN. if> anyone knows, would you please let me know some of the details. I do> know that you can't take it with opiod receptor meds, and> unfortunately, since we use certain meds to sleep, that makes a> problem for me, as two of my meds do have receptors.any experience> with this?>