RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re:Gwen from

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Gwen,

Go get that nurse...it is difficult when we know more then the caregivers isn't it? I have the same problem. An example is when the nurses don't get that I know exactly when I conceived because of IVF! Date of last menstrual period is irrelevant, but they don't get that. And when I tell them my last period was many months prior they freak out. I have given up on trying to educate them and I tell them a fabricated LMP based on exactly 2 weeks prior to my retrieval...that way there are no more questions. They do all this stuff to find out my estimated delivery date (which I know) and they always get it wrong because they base the due date on ultrasound measurements or LMP so they are always off with me. So, I finally gave up with that one.

Anyway, your beta sounds fine to me! I hope this next one doubles! I am sure it will!!!!!!!

By the way, I wasn't referring to the round ligaments stretching, I had those pains too and fairly early on (and now they are really hurting!). I should of mentioned that I was responding to someone's question about whether or not we will feel stretching pain in our uterus's because of all the surgeries and Ashermans. I only meant that you won't feel any uterine stretching this early on (in fact I never really feel my uterus stretching although I know it does) and not the round ligaments. The round ligaments are effected early because of hormonal effect on them. I think the hormone called relaxin is the culprit. You are right, this starts early and gets worse throughout pregnancy. I have problems laying on my sides right now they are getting so stretched these days.

Gwen, I am curious, have you felt any fluttering sensations in your uterus? They come and go very briefly a couple of times an hour. I had them in my 2nd and third pregnancies. I was told that many (not all) women feel these in subsequent pregnancies and never their first. These are the precursors to Braxton Hicks contractures.

I watched the same show on new Years Day! My dh, my ds and I. My ds is only 2 and I like him to see that babies come out of Mommies stomach's (we use the show as a learning tool)...he really is getting it and he squeals in delight everytime he sees a baby. He loves that show. Anyway, I tortured myself watching it and i am getting stronger now (I used to cry everytime I saw this show). It makes me feel so much better to see that babies can come out so early and be okay. I am much farther along then they are so i feel better. I like the happy endings. In a few weeks I will be feeling much more confident. This Friday we schedule my amnio to check for lung maturity and then we schedule the c-section for 37 or 38 weeks.

I am glad to hear that you are being taken care of. Take it easy for the next few weeks! Let us know what your beta results are! I think this is the one!