RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Connie and Annette and German heritage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Me...me...me...me... My great-grandpa was from Germany. His last name was Berkinbein. The spelling in America was changed, for reasons not known to me to, Berkinbine. Only 10 letters long. If you ever make it to the western frontier, the likelihood of you running into a Berkinbine (especially in Idaho) is pretty high. There's tons of them! Love and blessings...Smyelin groovy wrote: That's what I often get when I say my first name. LOL My paternal Grandmother's parents came over from Germany. I don't know what part, but I know they were s. Challis Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i

think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be,

and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytrailsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

I have relatives in Idaho. :o) Not sure about German relatives in that state. I think most of them came down from Canada and hailed from England first.

Challis

Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last

name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a

thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

http://www.happytra ilsfarm.us

Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Guest guest

Well, you never know...My great-grandfather on my father's side was full blooded Blackfoot Indian. They migrated from Canada and settled mostly in the western area all the way down to Texas. His last name was Blackshaw. We still might be kin in some way. My people come from the Pakadam tribe. Ever heard of them? Love and blessings... ValSmyelin groovy wrote:

I have relatives in Idaho. :o) Not sure about German relatives in that state. I think most of them came down from Canada and hailed from England first. Challis Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what

you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing.

Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytra ilsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytrailsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Guest guest

Well, you never know...My great-grandfather on my father's side was full blooded Blackfoot Indian. They migrated from Canada and settled mostly in the western area all the way down to Texas. His last name was Blackshaw. We still might be kin in some way. My people come from the Pakadam tribe. Ever heard of them? Love and blessings... ValSmyelin groovy wrote:

I have relatives in Idaho. :o) Not sure about German relatives in that state. I think most of them came down from Canada and hailed from England first. Challis Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what

you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing.

Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytra ilsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytrailsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Guest guest

Guest guest

As far as I know, that part of my family doesn't have any Native American ties, othe than a few family tales. That's my paternal-Grandfather's side. We'd heard my paternal Grandmother's side might, but knowing her parents came over from Germany kinda shrinks those odds. LOL

I believe my Idaho relatives are all in and around Idaho Falls. But we're relying on my memory and I was last there when I was twelve or fourteen. That's longer ago than I want it to be. LOL

Challis

Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last

name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Guest guest

As far as I know, that part of my family doesn't have any Native American ties, othe than a few family tales. That's my paternal-Grandfather's side. We'd heard my paternal Grandmother's side might, but knowing her parents came over from Germany kinda shrinks those odds. LOL

I believe my Idaho relatives are all in and around Idaho Falls. But we're relying on my memory and I was last there when I was twelve or fourteen. That's longer ago than I want it to be. LOL

Challis

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Guest guest

Challis

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Guest guest

hi val,a "birke" is a birch tree and a "bein" is a leg. wooden leg, perhaps?annetteVal Lee wrote: Me...me...me...me... My great-grandpa was from Germany. His last name was Berkinbein. The spelling in America was changed, for reasons not known to me to, Berkinbine. Only 10 letters long. If you ever make it to the western frontier, the likelihood of you running into a

Berkinbine (especially in Idaho) is pretty high. There's tons of them! Love and blessings...Smyelin groovy <smyelingroovy> wrote: That's what I often get when I say my first name. LOL My paternal Grandmother's parents came over from Germany. I don't know what part, but I know they were s. Challis Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is

also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> conniesta>>>> hi connie,> yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the end> i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>> Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> what you mean with that problem at times> Connie>>> hi connie,> my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have>

been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding of> any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the shift> key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> annette>> Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< http://www.happytrailsfarm.us Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Yes.

Cheers!

n

>

>

>

>

> hi val,

> a " birke " is a birch tree and a " bein " is a leg. wooden leg, perhaps?

> annette

>

> Val Lee wrote:

>

> Me...me...me...me... My great-grandpa was from Germany. His last name was

> Berkinbein. The spelling in America was changed, for reasons not known to me

> to, Berkinbine. Only 10 letters long. If you ever make it to the western

> frontier, the likelihood of you running into a Berkinbine (especially in

> Idaho) is pretty high. There's tons of them!

> Love and blessings...

>

> Smyelin groovy wrote:

>

>

> That's what I often get when I say my first name. LOL

>

> My paternal Grandmother's parents came over from Germany. I don't know what

> part, but I know they were s.

>

> Challis

>

> Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!

> > conniesta

> >

> >

> >

> > hi connie,

> > yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and

> > means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and

> > speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i

> > have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the

> end

> > i think because it is easier to pronounce that way

> > annette

> >

> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know

> > what you mean with that problem at times

> > Connie

> >

> >

> > hi connie,

> > my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42

> > when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and

> > my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have

> > been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see

> > why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding

> of

> > any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower

> > caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the

> shift

> > key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it

> > could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,

> > annette

> >

> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

> >

>

>

> ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

> now.

>

>

>

> Love and blessings...

> Val <*)))><

>

> http://www.happytrailsfarm.us

>

> Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin

> Crisp~

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Taken outside of Springfield, MO in the mountains

Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> > conniesta> >> >> >> > hi connie,> > yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> > means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> > speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> > have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the> end> > i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> > annette> >> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:> >> > Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> > what you mean with that problem at times> > Connie> >> >> > hi connie,> > my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> > when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> > my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> > been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> > why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding> of> > any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> > caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the> shift> > key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> > could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> > annette> >> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:> >> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> >>>> ________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it> now.>>>> Love and blessings...> Val <*)))><>> http://www.happytrailsfarm.us>> Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin> Crisp~> ________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.9/1293 - Release Date: 2/22/2008 9:21 AM

Guest guest

Taken outside of Springfield, MO in the mountains

Re: We have a NEW MEMBER who is also NEWLY DIAGNOSED!> > conniesta> >> >> >> > hi connie,> > yeah, another stang(e)! is your family german? stange is a german name and> > means a pole or a big stick. (elegant, huh?) i am german, from germany and> > speak german and translate fromit to english. i am so excited,because i> > have never met another stang(e).. a lot of germans dropped the e at the> end> > i think because it is easier to pronounce that way> > annette> >> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:> >> > Hi Annette, yes it is Stang:) I am also full of osteoarthritis so I know> > what you mean with that problem at times> > Connie> >> >> > hi connie,> > my name is annette stange, is your last name stang by any chance? i was 42> > when i was diagnosed, when my late-life baby was two. her name is lily and> > my 24 yr. old son's name is david. anyway, i am new here also, but have> > been posting a lot since the beginning. when you read the posts you'll see> > why it is so comfortable to post. people are very kind and understanding> of> > any problem you might have. also, they are FUNNY! btw, i write in lower> > caps because i also have rheumatoid arthritis and it hurts to use the> shift> > key all the time. i write in big letters because my eyesight isn't what it> > could be, and in color because i like it! welcome again,> > annette> >> > Connie <cstangtelus (DOT) net> wrote:> >> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> >>>> ________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it> now.>>>> Love and blessings...> Val <*)))><>> http://www.happytrailsfarm.us>> Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin> Crisp~> ________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>> ________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.9/1293 - Release Date: 2/22/2008 9:21 AM