Guest guest

pancreatic cancer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ingrid ,

no not yet i am new member and trying to buy it from England

but it is not easy !!

sendogan goksu

low dose naltrexone From: gunn.ingrid@...Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:42:38 -0800Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] pancreatic cancer

Do your mother use LDN? (I suppose so, but you didn't tell)

Ingrid

[low dose naltrexone] pancreatic cancer hi , my mom is pancreatic cancer so i use vit c,omega oil,selenium,alpha lipoic acid,enoant,sweden syrup is there any medicine to advise me?? any forgotten? pls warm wishes sendogan goksuMessenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

Guest guest

Hi,

maybe you could ask the group here if some here know how to get someone to write you a

recipe and get LDN to you? Where do you live?

And please read Dudley Delanys site, he has so many suggestions what to do and

how to do it. Good luck! You do a great job by helping your mother.

With all the best from

Ingrid

[low dose naltrexone] pancreatic cancer hi , my mom is pancreatic cancer so i use vit c,omega oil,selenium, alpha lipoic acid,enoant, sweden syrup is there any medicine to advise me?? any forgotten? pls warm wishes sendogan goksuMessenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

with pancreatic cancer i will try to contact dr berkson.he is using

LDN and more supplements like alpha lipoic acid iv.

>

> I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or

knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has

cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for

something to help.

>

Guest guest

Hi Etta:

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I know how hard it is because my brother also has pancreatic cancer with mets to the liver. He has been taking LDN but it is still too early to tell if it has helped or not. We believe it has because he is still working and except for the weight loss he feels pretty well. Please read about the protocol Dr. Berkson has created to treat pancreatic cancer. His phone number is: 1-575-524-3720 at Las Cruces, New Mexico.

You and your brother are in my prayers.

Mirian

low dose naltrexone From: degolfers22@...Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:54:21 -0700Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer

I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

Etta, As you may know, pancreatic cancer with metastatic spread is not good news, long term survival past a year is rare. You didn't say whether he had any surgery, radiation or chemotherapy to try to slow the progress, or if he is suffering any symptoms like jaundice. So I can only guess. At these stages, the best you can realistically hope for is some attenuation of the progress of the disease. There are those with up to 5 year survival rates, but with the liver mets that is a real complication. Since it is in a critical area, time is of the essence here. I don't mean to scare you, but if the tumors breach some critical areas, months turn into weeks and days very rapidly. You can't wait around if you want to see if LDN will help. I do not have any specific experience myself, but there are a few posts on this site concerning pancreatic CA and I'm sure someone will enlighten you as to how this

has been used in their experiences. My only reason to post this is that once you get some information and decide to try LDN, you step on the gas and get right on it. Time is your enemy here. If this were me I'd be on LDN yesterday.My best to you and your brother. Bob C Etta Reece <degolfers22@...> wrote: I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has

or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

This group is dedicated to discussion about LDN and Cancer:

LDN_4_cancer/

>

> I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or

knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has

cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for

something to help.

>

Guest guest

Please consider joining the LDN-4-Cancer group and then look in the *Links* folder for a paper by Dr. Berkson, entitled

"Long Term Survival of Person with Pancreatic Cancer". I believe you will enjoy this supportive group.

Warm wishes to all,

Jan

Guest guest

Mirian, thank you so much for your response. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I just pray that the LDN is going to work. How long has your brother had cancer and how long on LDN? My brother was diagnosed in December 07. They thought they could do whipple surgery in May but found it had metasticsed to the liver so no surgery. He is on some alternative supplements as he does not want to do any more chemo. I just heard about the LDN so want to get him on it right away. I will check out Dr. Berkson. Again, I thank you. Etta [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer

I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

Thank you Jan. I will check out that group. I'm sure there will be more information relative to cancer. I just have a hard time finding a lot of good news on pancreatic cancer. I guess there really isn't much. LDN sounds like something we are anxious to try though. Etta [low dose naltrexone] Re:Pancreatic cancer

Please consider joining the LDN-4-Cancer group and then look in the *Links* folder for a paper by Dr. Berkson, entitled

"Long Term Survival of Person with Pancreatic Cancer". I believe you will enjoy this supportive group.

Warm wishes to all,

Jan

Guest guest

Do as search and you will find that a combinanation of IV alpha lipoic acid ands LDN

has had some success in pancreatic cancer.

Here are a couple of links to get you started: http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/ptwpancaanda.html

http://ldn.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=links & action=display & thread=760--- On Mon, 6/16/08, Etta Reece <degolfers22@...> wrote:

From: Etta Reece <degolfers22@...>Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancerlow dose naltrexone Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 4:21 PM

Mirian, thank you so much for your response. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I just pray that the LDN is going to work. How long has your brother had cancer and how long on LDN? My brother was diagnosed in December 07. They thought they could do whipple surgery in May but found it had metasticsed to the liver so no surgery. He is on some alternative supplements as he does not want to do any more chemo. I just heard about the LDN so want to get him on it right away. I will check out Dr. Berkson. Again, I thank you. Etta

[low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer

Guest guest

I definitely know the seriousness of this cancer. Maybe it sounded like we hadn't done anything yet but he has had chemo and radiation but could not do the whipple. He has been taking alternative treatments and when I learned about ldn I wanted to find out as much as possible about the benefits for his cancer. He should be on it within the next week. Thanks for your help. Etta Re: [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer

Etta, As you may know, pancreatic cancer with metastatic spread is not good news, long term survival past a year is rare. You didn't say whether he had any surgery, radiation or chemotherapy to try to slow the progress, or if he is suffering any symptoms like jaundice. So I can only guess. At these stages, the best you can realistically hope for is some attenuation of the progress of the disease. There are those with up to 5 year survival rates, but with the liver mets that is a real complication. Since it is in a critical area, time is of the essence here. I don't mean to scare you, but if the tumors breach some critical areas, months turn into weeks and days very rapidly. You can't wait around if you want to see if LDN will help. I do not have any specific experience myself, but there are a few posts on this site concerning pancreatic CA and I'm sure

someone will enlighten you as to how this

has been used in their experiences. My only reason to post this is that once you get some information and decide to try LDN, you step on the gas and get right on it. Time is your enemy here. If this were me I'd be on LDN yesterday.My best to you and your brother. Bob C Etta Reece <degolfers22> wrote: I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has

or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

Etta, please keep us informed of how your brother does……My

hope is he will do well…..Conni

Guest guest

Will do.

>

> Etta, please keep us informed of how your brother does..My hope is

he will

> do well...Conni

>

Guest guest

Etta, Good luck and I hope the advice from this list was helpful. The A-Lipoic acid and LDN sounds like a hopeful treatment. Alpha lipoic acid is used frequently in Europe to help keep blood glucose levels down, I think it is a first line defense in diabetes. So it all makes sense that it may have some effect on the pancreas and liver. Best Bob CEtta Reece <degolfers22@...> wrote: I definitely know the seriousness of this cancer. Maybe it sounded like we hadn't done anything yet but he has had chemo and radiation but could not do the whipple. He has been taking alternative treatments and when I learned about ldn I wanted to find out as much as possible about the benefits for his cancer. He should be on it within the next week. Thanks for your help. Etta Re: [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer Etta, As you may know, pancreatic cancer with metastatic spread is not good

news, long term survival past a year is rare. You didn't say whether he had any surgery, radiation or chemotherapy to try to slow the progress, or if he is suffering any symptoms like jaundice. So I can only guess. At these stages, the best you can realistically hope for is some attenuation of the progress of the disease. There are those with up to 5 year survival rates, but with the liver mets that is a real complication. Since it is in a critical area, time is of the essence here. I don't mean to scare you, but if the tumors breach some critical areas, months turn into weeks and days very rapidly. You can't wait around if you want to see if LDN will help. I do not have any specific experience myself, but there are a few posts on this site concerning pancreatic CA and I'm sure someone will enlighten you as to how this has been used in their experiences. My only reason to post this is that once

you get some information and decide to try LDN, you step on the gas and get right on it. Time is your enemy here. If this were me I'd be on LDN yesterday.My best to you and your brother. Bob C Etta Reece <degolfers22> wrote: I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

Etta, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. This web site (Thanks to Dudley) will tell you about the use of LDN and Alpha-lipoic acid. The person went into remission and back to work.

TinyURL.com/2pwqy3Betty

Guest guest

This has all been very helpful and I am grateful for your advice. Etta Re: [low dose naltrexone] Pancreatic cancer Etta, As you may know, pancreatic cancer with metastatic spread

is not good

news, long term survival past a year is rare. You didn't say whether he had any surgery, radiation or chemotherapy to try to slow the progress, or if he is suffering any symptoms like jaundice. So I can only guess. At these stages, the best you can realistically hope for is some attenuation of the progress of the disease. There are those with up to 5 year survival rates, but with the liver mets that is a real complication. Since it is in a critical area, time is of the essence here. I don't mean to scare you, but if the tumors breach some critical areas, months turn into weeks and days very rapidly. You can't wait around if you want to see if LDN will help. I do not have any specific experience myself, but there are a few posts on this site concerning pancreatic CA and I'm sure someone will enlighten you as to how this has been used in their experiences. My only reason to post

this is that once

you get some information and decide to try LDN, you step on the gas and get right on it. Time is your enemy here. If this were me I'd be on LDN yesterday.My best to you and your brother. Bob C Etta Reece <degolfers22> wrote: I have just joined this group and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone with pancreatic cancer who has used ldn. My brother has cancer and it metasticised to his liver. I am desparately looking for something to help.

Guest guest

I did read this and it is encouraging. However, after reading so many articles on PubMed and other places, there aren't many stories of pancreatic cancer survivors, particularly if it was unoperable. But we won't give up! I lost another brother to lung cancer 3 years ago and I wish I would have known about LDN at that time. [low dose naltrexone] Re:

Pancreatic cancer

Etta, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. This web site (Thanks to Dudley) will tell you about the use of LDN and Alpha-lipoic acid. The person went into remission and back to work.

TinyURL.com/ 2pwqy3Betty

Guest guest

Do a search for Black Seed - I don't remember the scientific name,

but it has been proven to fight pancreatic cancer. It has also been

used as a herb in the middle east for over 1400 years and was

advised from the Prophet Muhammed (Peace be Upon Him) in Islam as a

cure against all illnesses.

IB

" Melik-Israelian, Suzanna " <aram@...> wrote:

I hear more and more cases of pancreatic cancer. I want to know if

there are success stories here and what was used to survive. One thing I read

was oleander. Input would be appreciated.

> Suzanna

Guest guest

" Melik-Israelian, Suzanna " <aram> wrote:

>I hear more and more cases of pancreatic cancer. I want to know if

there are success stories here and what was used to survive. One

thing I read was oleander. Input would be appreciated. Suzanna

>

Hi Suzanna,

Below are links to messages in this group that include testimonials

about overcoming pancreatic cancer.

The first one is about following the Budwig nutrition plan.

/message/13109

The 2nd is a testimonial included in a message by Leonard about

Cantron and Cancell. Scroll half way down the page to find

information about a woman with pancreatic cancer.

/message/31711

Guest guest

My friend who lives in USA has pancreatic C and once in a while his entire body

swells and then he vanishes and comes back with a healthy look and he told me

his naturopathist used wheat grass juice as a main course. Would you check on it

too.

Vishwajith/Sri Lanka

Guest guest

The things I'm most impressed with for pancreatic cancer are the

following (particularly the BOLDED items):

HOXSEY, PANCREATIN (large amounts); PROTOCEL, HANSI, GOJI,

RESVERATROL, CURCUMIN, Avé, Polyerga, TianXian, Essiac, lavender

essential oil, macrobiotics, Naltrexone?, UKRAIN, juicing

Most other things are NOT very effective w/pancreatic cancer.

Guest guest

Would the lavender essential oil be used externally or taken internally?

Cheri

>

> The things I'm most impressed with for pancreatic cancer are the

> following (particularly the BOLDED items):

> HOXSEY, PANCREATIN (large amounts); PROTOCEL, HANSI, GOJI,

> RESVERATROL, CURCUMIN, Avé, Polyerga, TianXian, Essiac, lavender

> essential oil, macrobiotics, Naltrexone?, UKRAIN, juicing

>

> Most other things are NOT very effective w/pancreatic cancer.

>

Guest guest

I think that pancreatic cancer is one of the ones LDN (low dose

naltrexone) has been successful with. check out the LDN_4_cancer

boards for more info on this specifically, or google it.

cathy

>

> I hear more and more cases of pancreatic cancer. I want to know if there

> are success stories here and what was used to survive. One thing I read

> was oleander.

>

> Input would be appreciated.

>

>

>

> Suzanna

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Protein indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase points to new pancreatic cancer therapies

Published: Tuesday, 2-Dec-2008

Medical Research News

An enzyme that is overexpressed in pancreatic cancer cells may hold

the key to successfully treating the disease with targeted

immunotherapy, researchers from Jefferson University reported

at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Southern Surgical Association.

Previous data show that a protein, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO),

is overexpressed in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas, according to

R. Brody, Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of

Surgery at Jefferson Medical College of Jefferson University

in Philadelphia, and co-director of the Jefferson Center for

Pancreas, Biliary and Related Cancers. The center is led by

J. Yeo, M.D., D. Gross Professor and chair of the Department

of Surgery, who was also involved with the study.

According to Dr. Brody, IDO is an enzyme that represses the immune

system, thus protecting the cancer cells and helping them evade

immune detection. The Jefferson researchers and their collaborators

from the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) in Wynnewood,

Pa., previously reported that the IDO inhibitor D-1-methyl-tryptophan

(1-MT), preferentially targets a related protein, IDO2.

" Our data are the first that report expression of the IDO2 protein in

malignant pancreatic tissue, " Dr. Brody said. " About 75 percent of

the patients in our cohort have an active enzyme based on genetic

analysis. This puts forth the concept of genotyping patients for the

IDO2 enzyme, to identify patients who may respond to a therapeutic

strategy including an IDO inhibitor, a potential novel drug for

pancreatic cancer. "

Dr. Brody and his team, which included Prendergast, Ph.D., and

Metz, Ph.D., from LIMR, sequenced IDO2 in 36 resected

pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas to evaluate how many patients

harbor an active enzyme in relation to well-known polymorphisms:

R235W and Y359STOP. Presumably, only one functional allele needs to

be present in order to have an active IDO2 enzyme.

Nineteen percent of the patients were homozygous wild-type, meaning

they had two active alleles, and 42 percent of the patients were

heterozygous, meaning they had one active allele. Twenty-five percent

were homozygous for two inactive IDO2 alleles. The remaining 14

percent were difficult to determine due to limits in sequencing and

distinguishing the alleles, but were most likely heterozygous,

according to Dr. Brody.

Phase-1 studies of 1-MT, the IDO inhibitor are currently underway.

----------------------

List:

This research is about half correct. IDO2 is present in

pancreatic cancer but it will not help to try to knock it out with

D-1-MT. If D-1-MT has any anti-cancer value it will not be through

the IDO pathway.

The most interesting demonstrated animal model method of knocking

IDO is with the use of Dipterin Calcium Pentahydrate (DCP). DCP (and

many pterin analogs) is related to a number of endogenous compounds

that the body seems to use to fight cancer. One of them

pterin-6-aldehyde is a little known urine tumor marker. Urine has a

long history of fighting cancers. From time to time a surgeon will

anastomose a cancer patient's ureters directly to the colon and the

cancer will resolve.

IDO is one of a number of ways that cancer uses to avoid immune

surveillance. Its inhibition will go hand in hand with the

successful use of any cancer vaccine.

As I type this I am looking at what might be 60% of the world's

supply of DCP on my desk, and still it is only enough for a couple of

month's treatment. We are in the process of applying for several

million dollars in private funding. It won't be necessary if I can

simplify the chemistry.

Guest guest

A longtime friend of mine's wife was just diagnosed with

pancreatic cancer and he's completely devastated as his wife is his life.

I'm hoping any of you who know something about this disease can send me some

links or suggest resources on how to deal with it. From what I have read the

vast majority of folks diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within months of

the diagnosis as it's usually diagnosed at a fairly advanced stage.

I don't know what type of cancer it is but I assume it's adenocarcinoma

because my friend told me that it's the type of pancreatic cancer that

accounts for 95% of pancreatic cancers which would be adenocarcinoma from

what I've read.

These folks are SAD (Standard American Diet) eaters and don't exercise as

far as I know.

I did convince my friend to take her to a local naturopath whom I like. He's

aware of Price's work, but doesn't necessary recommend a WAPF-compatible

diet. They went to him and he gave them some supplements, including

extremely high doses of vitamin D. There's 25,000 IU mixed carotenoids and

2,500 IU palmitate in another supplement he gave her. Not a good ratio, I'm

sure :-(

In any event, his dietary advice was mainly to eat organic and get meat from

a local farm. So I wrote up a somewhat more comprehensive diet plan and also

wrote what to avoid. Is there a good online source for a WAPF-compatible

anti-cancer diet? My suggestions were not comprehensive, and I don't think I

have the knowledge to give her a comprehensive plan.

Additionally, the first thing I suggested is that my friend look at the info

on Dr 's program. I was at his lecture at the WAPF conference in

Chantilly, VA about 3 years ago. Does anyone know how successful his program

is? Has anyone here successfully treated pancreatic cancer?

The tumor is approx, 2 cm and is impacting an artery, I think, and some

nerves. So far, it doesn't appear to have metastasized, although she just

got a CAT scan of the chest area and there is a lesion in the liver that

could be a sign of metastises.

She's been in severe pain for a few months and couldn't get an accurate

diagnosis till

about a week and a half ago. Right now they plan to do radiation and chemo

with the intention of shrinking the tumor, then having it removed

surgically. This is what the doctors are recommending. They will not

consider doing non-conventional therapy *alone* but will consider doing it

in conjunction with conventional therapy. I think my friend is thinking that

Dr. 's program would be a last resort.

Any suggestions/resources would be greatly appreciated. And I'll forward any

suggestions to my friend unless you say not to forward your post.

Thank you!

Suze Fisher

" Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. "

~Albert Schweitzer