RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Thanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hmmmm, this sparks a discussion in my head. Even though the btvc says you don't have to limit legal foods and eat in steps, I still wonder if that is a good idea. When I took the prednisone, I'd feel just like normal, and I'd eat my harder to digest fibers, but somehow I didn't feel like it was helping me heal...because the minute I went off of it I bled. ( granted I still was eating cookies and ice cream by the bundles) For me, I want to get off imuran and asacol. I am doing so good at month 4. I get so worried about going into the next harder to digest foods because I don't want to get set back...I don't want the imuran and asacol to be masking what healing has really took place.Does that make sense? I did have my first meal in public the other day....a non marinated steak, with green beans, and a very small salad with

vinegar and oil. I took some sliced cheese and sandwhich bread too. I did great! Though in the next few days I had too many almonds, and raisins.....and that led me to a day on the toilet...however, no blood, no mucus. I learned a lesson of not moving to those dried fruits once again after having this happen once before!!! Do you think that although I may do fine with some raw foods, that maybe because I am on the drugs that I shouldn't be eating too many of them, even though I only have 1 to 2 bowl movements usually? How long does it usually take for an ulcerated colitis to heal? Does it take a year or two like the book says? or does it heal enough in a few months that most fibers shouldn't bother it. well, I guess, I am just needing some words of wisdom again to slow down. I really want to make it a goal of mine to get healthy and get off all drugs, or at least

the imuran. I'd like to have healthy hair again, and not have to worry about liver damage, or whatever it could do. Thanks for all your support. sandy uc since 2004 scd 4 1/2 months pixxistyx wrote: Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. Every comment was very helpful. I feel a lot more confident now in my purchases! Also, I've been in remission since being

on Remicade, so I'm not going to limit myself with any of the legal foods. There's not much that can make me flare while I'm on Remicade."There is no specified schedule for introducing foods with the exception of homemade yogurt. Some people may appreciate suggested guidelines but they are not generally required." - BTVC