RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, try reading the book and find a act therapist/ psychologist to help you through, it might help your anxiety/fear a lot. Some cd/ tapes on minfullness around feeling/accepting / your anxiety are very good .

Erialicia@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

New here

Sent:

Tue, May 22, 2012 2:48:47 AM

Hello, I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right " place " .

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at home mom to two teenagers. I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life. I was told about ACT therapy from my medical provider and bought the book, " Get of your Mind and into your Life " , but have not had a chance to read it yet.

I have specific fears and generalized anxiety. My fears are mainly of large dogs and I have seperation anxiety with my teenagers. (I fear something very bad will happen to one of them if I am not there to control it), I also have horrible, strange/scary thoughts on a daily basis.

I have not taken any meds but thinking of starting.

So....Am I in the right place for support here?

Carly

Guest guest

Yes, try reading the book and find a act therapist/ psychologist to help you through, it might help your anxiety/fear a lot. Some cd/ tapes on minfullness around feeling/accepting / your anxiety are very good .

Erialicia@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

New here

Sent:

Tue, May 22, 2012 2:48:47 AM

Hello, I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right " place " .

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at home mom to two teenagers. I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life. I was told about ACT therapy from my medical provider and bought the book, " Get of your Mind and into your Life " , but have not had a chance to read it yet.

I have specific fears and generalized anxiety. My fears are mainly of large dogs and I have seperation anxiety with my teenagers. (I fear something very bad will happen to one of them if I am not there to control it), I also have horrible, strange/scary thoughts on a daily basis.

Carly

Guest guest

Yes l also relate to what you are going through very much, .

Erialicia@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, May 22, 2012 3:20:37 AM

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT " yet " , but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my " condition " I guess you'd call it. I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me. Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

Hi Carly! I'm Darrell! Welcome...:).

Are you looking for help with ACT, or something different? For my part, rather than clog up your vision with a bunch of typing, I would recommend opening that excellent book and then telling us what you think of whatever you first read...:).

I imagine you are in the right place no matter what...

D

Carly

-- Darrell G King, RN, CASAC-TRochester, NY, UShttp://darrellking.comDarrellGKing@...

Guest guest

Yes l also relate to what you are going through very much, .

Erialicia@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

Sent:

Tue, May 22, 2012 3:20:37 AM

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT " yet " , but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my " condition " I guess you'd call it. I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me. Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

Are you looking for help with ACT, or something different? For my part, rather than clog up your vision with a bunch of typing, I would recommend opening that excellent book and then telling us what you think of whatever you first read...:).

D

Carly

-- Darrell G King, RN, CASAC-TRochester, NY, UShttp://darrellking.comDarrellGKing@...

Guest guest

Welcome Carly, I think you are in good company here. Whether or not other people experience exactly the same problems you are facing, I think we all share a common issue. At some point, our worries and fears started to get all tangled up with our decisions and behaviours, and started to dictate how we lived our lives. ACT is a process of gently retrieving our lives from these tangles. Happy reading. x To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 4:20 Subject: Re: New here

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT "yet", but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my "condition" I guess you'd call it. I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me. Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

D

Hello, I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right "place".

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at home mom to two teenagers. I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life. I was told about ACT therapy from my medical provider and bought the book, "Get of your Mind and into your Life", but have not had a chance to read it yet.

Carly

Guest guest

Welcome Carly, I think you are in good company here. Whether or not other people experience exactly the same problems you are facing, I think we all share a common issue. At some point, our worries and fears started to get all tangled up with our decisions and behaviours, and started to dictate how we lived our lives. ACT is a process of gently retrieving our lives from these tangles. Happy reading. x To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 4:20 Subject: Re: New here

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT "yet", but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my "condition" I guess you'd call it. I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me. Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

D

Hello, I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right "place".

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at home mom to two teenagers. I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life. I was told about ACT therapy from my medical provider and bought the book, "Get of your Mind and into your Life", but have not had a chance to read it yet.

Carly

Guest guest

It can definately help with anxiety (that's what I do). Here is an interview with Russ where he talks a lot about it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBB8f5sabI

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at  home mom to two teenagers.  I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life.  I was told about ACT therapy from  my medical provider and bought the book, " Get of your Mind and into your Life " , but have not had a chance to read it yet.

Guest guest

It can definately help with anxiety (that's what I do). Here is an interview with Russ where he talks a lot about it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBB8f5sabI

I am 48 years old, female, married and a stay at  home mom to two teenagers.  I have suffered from panic/anxiety/fears for most of my life.  I was told about ACT therapy from  my medical provider and bought the book, " Get of your Mind and into your Life " , but have not had a chance to read it yet.

Guest guest

Undoubtedly, Carly, there are many who feel similar to you. If your preference is to explore change verbally with others who have been there (or are still there), this list will provide a great meeting ground. Some of the terms may sound strange, but reading Doctor Haye's book will clue you in quickly enough.

Enjoy the discussion!D

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT " yet " , but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my " condition " I guess you'd call it.  I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me.  Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

D

Hello,  I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right " place " .

I have specific fears and generalized anxiety.  My fears are mainly of large dogs and I have seperation anxiety with my teenagers.  (I fear something very bad will happen to one of them if I am not there to control it),  I also have horrible, strange/scary thoughts on a daily basis.

Carly

Guest guest

Undoubtedly, Carly, there are many who feel similar to you. If your preference is to explore change verbally with others who have been there (or are still there), this list will provide a great meeting ground. Some of the terms may sound strange, but reading Doctor Haye's book will clue you in quickly enough.

Enjoy the discussion!D

Thanks Darrell,

Well not sure if I need help with ACT " yet " , but just wanted a place where other people understand what I am going thru and just some understanding of my " condition " I guess you'd call it.  I'll start reading it, and just keep reading the threads and hopefully it will all start clicking for me.  Just need to know there are other people out there who experience some of the same things I do

Carly

D

Hello,  I am brand new to this list and just wondering and hoping if I am in the right " place " .

I have specific fears and generalized anxiety.  My fears are mainly of large dogs and I have seperation anxiety with my teenagers.  (I fear something very bad will happen to one of them if I am not there to control it),  I also have horrible, strange/scary thoughts on a daily basis.

Carly