RemedySpot.com

- nasal rinses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Does Sam do nasal rinses? You mentioned in one of your emails that Sam had sinuplasty (sp?) so I assume that he has sinusitis problems.

I started doing nasal rinses when I was first diagnosed with allergies about 15 years ago. My allergist told me to get a baby ear syringe and irrigate with saline while in the shower in the morning. I did that for a number of years but did not disinfect the baby ear syringe with alcohol after using it and letting it dry. I think that I was constantly reinfecting myself by not doing so. I finally bought the Grossan Hydropulse electric irrigation machine. I boiled the tips that I placed in my nostrils to disinfect them. After five years that machine quit working so I bought the Sinus Pulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System. I have had far fewer sinus infections since I started used this machine. I also have the NeilMed sinus rinse bottle that I use for travel since the Sinus Pulse Elite was expensive, and I would not want to damage it when

traveling.

Was the sinuplasty procedure (sp?) helpful for Sam? What type of sinus rinse does Sam use, if any? I would be interested to know what the doctor at Mayo says about sinus rinses and what method he would recommend. I mention this as I think that this may be how I developed bronchiectasis. The same bacteria that is colonized in my lungs is also in my sinuses.

Thank you for your help.

Norma