RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: HELP!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

part a vitamens and part b minerals from brain child nutri. 2 tsp. of each per day

zinc - 1 tsp per day

cod liver oil - 1 tsp per day

GSE extra strength - 2 drops per day

tri enza enzymes and activated charcoal when needed

From: jennriaz <jennriazyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Help!To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 3:00 AM

Hi Everyone,I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are having many issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes strings of any kind and pulls them over door knobs to form a straight line. if you try to interupt this at all he throws a massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees , coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING. Sometimes he wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and starts opeing and slamming his closet doors over and over. He has made huge strides in speech over the past year and is doing really well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I dont know what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major issues in school was concentration and being able to stay on task with out wandering off or the teachers having to prompt him for everything. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was

on a probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy after starting it.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! !!!!thanks, mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD

Guest guest

Hi Debi,

Thank you for you suggestions. Im not sure though what PANDAS is?

Subject: Re: Help!To: mb12 valtrex Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:05 AM

, was this behavior rather sudden or growing over months? Have you ever read about PANDAS? Also how is his feeding? After a wonderful gain with gfcf Allie went downhill similar to your description. I think she had a major serotonin deficit for several reasons. We finally tried a SSRI & she turned around with 2 days. I would suggest if you suspect that possibility to start off with some 5-htp, b-12, folate, and inositol & see if that helps.Debi-

Guest guest

thank you all for the helpful information , my son has been gfcfsf for over a year and we also do not give him white rice anything only brown rice. HE currently drinks unsweetened vanilla hemp milk because white rice is a problem and he cannot have almond milk.

Subject: Re: Help!To: mb12 valtrex Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 1:26 AM

Same here with the diet changes. I would suggest GFCF and soy free to start. You should also check into getting a Doctor's Data Hair Elements test too, it contains a lot of useful information you can use for treatment decisions.> >> > Hi Everyone,> > > > > > > > I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. > > My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are having many issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes strings of any kind and pulls them over door knobs to form a straight line. if you try to interupt this at all he throws a massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees , coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING. Sometimes he wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and starts opeing and slamming his closet

doors over and over. He has made huge strides in speech over the past year and is doing really well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I dont know what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major issues in school was concentration and being able to stay on task with out wandering off or the teachers having to prompt him for everything. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was on a probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy after starting it.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! !!!!> > > > > > > > thanks> > > > , mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD> >>

Guest guest

Try removing corn, too.

Riaz wrote:

>

>

> thank you all for the helpful information , my son has been gfcfsf for

> over a year and we also do not give him white rice anything only

> brown rice. HE currently drinks unsweetened vanilla hemp milk because

> white rice is a problem and he cannot have almond milk.

>

>

>

>

>

> Subject: Re: Help!

> To: mb12 valtrex

> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 1:26 AM

>

> Same here with the diet changes. I would suggest GFCF and soy free

> to start. You should also check into getting a Doctor's Data Hair

> Elements test too, it contains a lot of useful information you can

> use for treatment decisions.

>

>

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

> > > My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are

> having many issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes

> strings of any kind and pulls them over door knobs to form a

> straight line. if you try to interupt this at all he throws a

> massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees ,

> coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING.

> Sometimes he wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and

> starts opeing and slamming his closet doors over and over. He has

> made huge strides in speech over the past year and is doing really

> well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I dont know

> what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major

> issues in school was concentration and being able to stay on task

> with out wandering off or the teachers having to prompt him for

> everything. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was on a

> probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy after starting it.. Any

> suggestions would be much appreciated! !!!!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > thanks

> > >

> > > , mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD

> > >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi. I am new to this group and need some help. Does anyone know if Valtrex can be crushed? I am getting conflicting information regarding this from my doctor and pharmacist. Thanks!

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:49:49 AMSubject: Re: Re: Help!

Try removing corn, too. Riaz wrote:>>> thank you all for the helpful information , my son has been gfcfsf for > over a year and we also do not give him white rice anything only > brown rice. HE currently drinks unsweetened vanilla hemp milk because > white rice is a problem and he cannot have almond milk. >> >>> From: Soliday <elizabethsoliday@ yahoo.com>> Subject: Re: Help!> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 1:26 AM>> Same here with the diet changes. I would suggest GFCF and soy free> to start. You should also check into getting a Doctor's Data Hair> Elements test too, it contains a lot of useful information you can> use for treatment decisions.>> > > >> > > Hi Everyone,> > >> > >> > >> > > I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.> > > My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are>

having many issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes> strings of any kind and pulls them over door knobs to form a> straight line. if you try to interupt this at all he throws a> massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees ,> coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING.> Sometimes he wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and> starts opeing and slamming his closet doors over and over. He has> made huge strides in speech over the past year and is doing really> well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I dont know> what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major> issues in school was concentration and being able to stay on task> with out wandering off or the teachers having to prompt him for> everything. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was on a> probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy

after starting it.. Any> suggestions would be much appreciated! !!!!> > >> > >> > >> > > thanks> > >> > > , mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD> > >> >>>>

Guest guest

Thanks for the feedback! The first time I tried to dissolve it in water it did not disolve. Maybe I did not let it stay in water for enough time. I will try that and see if it works. How long has your son been on Valtrex...how is he doing? Thanks again!

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:08:46 AMSubject: Re: Re: Help!

Yes, Valtrex can be crushed. You need to wash the blue coating off them (easy to do) and let them dry. I started out crushing them between two spoons, but eventually bought a pill crusher at the pharmacy, which made it a lot easier. I think there is a write up of the procedure somewhere in the old posts. I tried to let the crushed pill dissolve in a small amount of water for about 10 minutes before mixing with something more palatable to give to my son. Hope it helps! Re: Help!> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 1:26 AM>> Same here with the diet changes. I would suggest GFCF and soy free> to start. You should also check into getting a Doctor's Data Hair> Elements test too, it contains a lot of useful information you can> use for treatment decisions.>> > > >> > > Hi Everyone,> > >> > >> > >> > > I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.> > > My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are>

having many issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes> strings of any kind and pulls them over door knobs to form a> straight line. if you try to interupt this at all he throws a> massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees ,> coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING.> Sometimes he wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and> starts opeing and slamming his closet doors over and over. He has> made huge strides in speech over the past year and is doing really> well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I dont know> what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major> issues in school was concentration and being able to stay on task> with out wandering off or the teachers having to prompt him for> everything. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was on a> probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy

after starting it.. Any> suggestions would be much appreciated! !!!!> > >> > >> > >> > > thanks> > >> > > , mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD> > >> >>>>

Guest guest

Get him screened for PANDAS.

Pamela

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf

Of jennriaz

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:01 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

My 4 year old son just finished his first year of prek. We are having many

issues with stimming and OCD behaviour. he takes strings of any kind and pulls

them over door knobs to form a straight line. if you try to interupt this at

all he throws a massive tantrum. also dumping liquids out of any cup her sees ,

coffee etc and massive paper eating and chewing on EVERYTHING. Sometimes he

wakes up in the moring and bounds out of bed and starts opeing and slamming his

closet doors over and over. He has made huge strides in speech over the past

year and is doing really well but the behaviours seem to be getting worse and I

dont know what to do to help his concentration level. One of his major issues

in school was concentration and being able to stay on task with out wandering

off or the teachers having to prompt him for everything. Does anyone have any

suggestions? He was on a probiotic before but he seemed to go crazy after

starting it.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!!

thanks

, mother to Christian, 4yr old with ASD

Guest guest

My son quit mouthing after starting Enahansa, no idea why. He started

refusing all supplements, so we stopped for a while and just

restarted, but he is still mouthing even with it. He did stop for

about 3-4 months though. Odd. Zinc does nothing to stop his mouthing.

Guest guest

I've been reading this thread with great interest.

I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION -- My son is very similar to 's son, except he does not have the OCD behavior.

My son has become obsessed with strings and pipe cleaners, moves them in front of his eyes, the TV, etc., and watches the motion;  dumps things out of containers whenever he gets a chance; and loves to pour liquid from one container into another.

He also mouths things, and has just picked up a new, terrible behavior: spitting.

He doesn't do the OCD things, like lining things up, or following set routes or routines.

Could this be PANDAS, even though he doesn't have the OCD behaviors?

How can a child be tested for PANDAS?

Maybe this whole " string " and " water " thing is need for visual re-enforcement? He gets 1 tsp of CLO per day, but maybe I need to try adding extra vitamin A.

My son quit mouthing after starting Enahansa, no idea why. He started refusing all supplements, so we stopped for a while and just restarted, but he is still mouthing even with it. He did stop for about 3-4 months though. Odd. Zinc does nothing to stop his mouthing.

Guest guest

Visual stims in my house have always been viral.Spitting and mouthing has always been yeast, again, in my house.To test for PANDAS, you can start by pulling ASO and DNase titers. Cheryl~http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com~@midian42~ I've been reading this thread with great interest. I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION -- My son is very similar to 's son, except he does not have the OCD behavior. My son has become obsessed with strings and pipe cleaners, moves them in front of his eyes, the TV, etc., and watches the motion; dumps things out of containers whenever he gets a chance; and loves to pour liquid from one container into another. He also mouths things, and has just picked up a new, terrible behavior: spitting. He doesn't do the OCD things, like lining things up, or following set routes or routines. Could this be PANDAS, even though he doesn't have the OCD behaviors? How can a child be tested for PANDAS? Maybe this whole "string" and "water" thing is need for visual re-enforcement? He gets 1 tsp of CLO per day, but maybe I need to try adding extra vitamin A. On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Dave Hayden <jen-daveatt (DOT) net> wrote:My son quit mouthing after starting Enahansa, no idea why. He started refusing all supplements, so we stopped for a while and just restarted, but he is still mouthing even with it. He did stop for about 3-4 months though. Odd. Zinc does nothing to stop his mouthing.

Guest guest

PANDAS can have a variety of symptoms - including emotional

lability, sleep disturbances, tic.

Pamela

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf

Of Robin Broyles

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:02 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: Re: Help!

I've been reading this thread with great interest.

I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION -- My son is very similar to

's son, except he does not have the OCD behavior.

My son has become obsessed with strings and pipe cleaners,

moves them in front of his eyes, the TV, etc., and watches the motion;

dumps things out of containers whenever he gets a chance; and loves to

pour liquid from one container into another.

He also mouths things, and has just picked up a new,

terrible behavior: spitting.

He doesn't do the OCD things, like lining things up, or

following set routes or routines.

Could this be PANDAS, even though he doesn't have the OCD

behaviors?

How can a child be tested for PANDAS?

Maybe this whole " string " and " water "

thing is need for visual re-enforcement? He gets 1 tsp of CLO per day, but

maybe I need to try adding extra vitamin A.

My son quit mouthing after starting Enahansa, no

idea why. He started

refusing all supplements, so we stopped for a while and just

restarted, but he is still mouthing even with it. He did stop for

about 3-4 months though. Odd. Zinc does nothing to stop his mouthing.