RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Well, walking in SED brought their own tape recorder. Here we go again, tit for tat. The games start again. It is remarkable that for the first time the discussion was with the Regular Ed teachers. I have to say, those in SED were INCREDIBLY qu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, walking in SED brought their own tape recorder. Here we go again, tit for tat. The games start again. It is remarkable that for the first time the discussion was with the Regular Ed teachers. I have to say, those in SED were INCREDIBLY quiet. They are usually the ones who argue, make our lives hell. I have lost what little respect I had for a couple of them because of that. If you are sure in what you are saying, if you believe what you are doing is right, if you are really a part of a team then a tape recorder in the room should make no difference.

Bonnie,

When I typed my message last night hoping that things went well, I started to ask if the tape recorder made any difference in attitude. Then I deleted it. It is amazing that documentation can be so intimidating to some. As for the school taping the meeting too...Don't think they were doing it as a game. I think that if a parent records, then the school district is also supposed to record, that recording should become a part of the permanent record.

One suggestion that my attorney gave to me was to make a list of all of the services that needed. Instead of asking for everything all at once, he told me to prioritize them according to importance (difficult to do when all of them are needed to be successful). Then work on getting everything on the list one step at a time. It is hard to know that I am still missing parts of her program, but I know that I now believe that I will be able to complete her program sooner than If I had continued to go for everything at once.

I know your situation is different, as Patty is more advanced than . Keep up the good work that you are doing. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Sheryl

Mom to Mitch 15 and 14 CHARGE

Central Iowa