RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jen, All the luck to your Nana and hope her health improves in 2012. Christmas through New Year's is a terrible time to be in the hospital but am sure it is a safer place for her to be right now. Good luck to you and Happy New Year.SharonFrom:" A

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jen, All the luck to your Nana and hope her health improves in 2012. Christmas through New Year's is a terrible time to be in the hospital but am sure it is a safer place for her to be right now. Good luck to you and Happy New Year.SharonFrom:" A Hill" Subject:Re: hospitalDate:December 31, 2011 1:01:07 PM ESTTo:"asthma " <asthma >Great start to the new year! You're not alone, though - my nanna has been in hospital for Christmas and New Year, though for a different reason. She started chemo yesterday for lymphoma.She also managed quite a dramatic trip to hospital. The doctor had been out to see her a few times, and decided she needed admitting to hospital. My mum was there at the time. They called for an ambulance, but got sent a fast response vehicle, when she needed a normal ambulance, so the paramedic had to radio for another vehicle. one turned up, but then it turned out had a fault, so they decided not to use it in case it broke down, as they couldn't risk that happening (our local hospital has just been rebuilt, but stupidly they've closed most of the wards so she's in a hospital 15 miles away), so had to send for a third ambulance. They ended up with all three parked out on the road! By that point, as she'd been waiting longer than she should, they sent her in with blue lights. It dounded pretty dramatic!Hope everyone else has a healthy new year - touch wood my asthma is doing better again after getting worse starting a new job and being exposed to lots of children and their germs!Jenn Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...! Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.To: Aspergillus Support Group ; Asthma Group <asthma > Sent: Saturday, 31 December 2011, 16:36Subject: hospitalHi all, yep I'm back in hospital only 10 days after being kicked out! Had a very severe fungal triggered asthma attack, worst one for decades! Got dragged and screaming into hospital as an emergency, as usual. Aminophylline and preds etc then onto a ward on Thursday morning.Today I was expected to go home but, . . . caught bad chest infection over night and caused an emergency AGAIN!!Just begun breathing again now, in time for a New Years Eve in a ward full of grumpy, windy and moaning old men!Isn't life fun!Happy New Year from Mike (Chip) ChapmanCornwall. UK