RemedySpot.com

/ your walks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Your walks are so scenic, thank you for taking pics!    I really love walking.  So easy on the joints, so good for the spirit to be outside.  Love the fun building photo!!

[Attachment(s) from included below]

Hi all,

04/08/12Eoin Finn's Pure and Simple Yoga + 13.2 mile ride to Mom's house

04/09/12PM Yoga and 6.5 mile bike commute + 2 mile walk

04/10/125 mile walk commute

04/11/12Cathe Pyramid Upper Body and 6.5 mile bike commute

04/12/126.5 mile walk commute

04/13/126.5 mile walk commute

04/14/1218 mile SF hike with hills: 206 floors climbed (2060 elevation)I'm very behind on emails. Work was pretty intense, but really great too. I worked M-F. It rained pretty hard on a couple of days, so I ended up just riding my bike twice this week. I normally enjoy riding my bike in the rain, but this week I felt like I wanted to walk in the rain instead. I also felt a bit unfocused, so it wasn't the time to mix it up in stormy traffic.

Yesterday DH and I finished the taxes. That was kind of a bummer, so I decided to spend the rest of the day outdoors. I put on some sturdy shoes and headed to my favorite stomping ground, SF. I walked 18 miles and sought out hills. I got my 200 floor badge. For those of you not on fitbit, that's a 2000' elevation gain on the walk. Came home and slept for almost 12 hours. Today I did yoga (delicious) and walked to Trader Joes and carried home my groceries. That's just about a mile round trip, but the bags were heavy. Farmer's walk!

It was spectacularly beautiful yesterday. I attached a few photos.  One photo is a crazy building at UCSF. The foundation is bizarre. It was mild and breezy, but the skies were blue and clear. I headed out to some neighborhoods I hadn't visited before, including the area up the hill from UCSF. You can hike through some posh neighborhoods, all uphill, and eventually end up at a trailhead into the woods. It's way up in the hills, so the drunks aren't up there. It's a beautiful stand of Eucalyptus trees. The recent rains meant it was so fragrant. What a surprise to find this smack in the middle of a big city. I ended up at up Twin Peaks again, this time at the summit. I also got my badge for 40,000 steps in one day.

Food was good. I was able to hit my food calorie goal each day. I brought my lunch every day. I logged everything except for one day where I later remembered that I missed logging a banana an an orange. Salads reigned supreme.