RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: a quick gross question.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don, you CAN be a donor,, to others with hep c ,, if your liver is in better shape than the person who needs a new one,, they can use your liver,, and if say someone who has hep c also has a heart problem, if your heart is good, they can use it,,

im a donor and as long as they transplant my organs into antoehr with hep c,, its all good,,

hugs

jax

From: Bob <unclebutchyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:03 PM

i always wanted to be a donor because someone would be giving all they had to keep part of me alive.

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing this. I thought once I had hepc that hope was over. I will have to note that with the Drs and my family. AmberSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Jackie on Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:48:40 -0800 (PST)To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >Subject: Re: Re: a quick gross question. Don, you CAN be a donor,, to others with hep c ,, if your liver is in better shape than the person who needs a new one,, they can use your liver,, and if say someone who has hep c also has a heart problem, if your heart is good, they can use it,, im a donor and as long as they transplant my organs into antoehr with hep c,, its all good,, hugsjaxFrom: Bob <unclebutchyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:03 PMi always wanted to be a donor because someone would be giving all they had to keep part of me alive.

Guest guest

Really?

I would have never thought of that. How cool is that?

thank you, and thank Bob. 2 great ideas.love

don in kansas

From: Bob <unclebutchyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:03 PM

i always wanted to be a donor because someone would be giving all they had to keep part of me alive.

Guest guest

yep,, I felt that way too, I was always a donor ,, then when I got diagnosed, I was soooo down,, but then I talked with my doc and with others in the med field and they told me that I could still be a donor,, it thrilled me!!! Not that IM ready to die yet, but if something happened to me, I'd want my liver to go to Liz and , my two good friends who could be

on the list one day and I'd gladly share mine with them,,

Guest guest

What a wonderful story Penny! it really touched my heart! thank you for sharing it!

hugs,

jax

Subject: Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 1:43 PM

Yes, being given the gift of life through a new liver is the most precious gift in the world! I never was very religious or really believed in prayer before that, but since then I KNOW prayers work. I had so many people praying for me, and I was so overwhelmed at how many people cared so much. Getting a transplant is a very, very emotional thing to have to go through. I was teary everytime anyone said anything nice to me, or whenever I heard someone down the hall in pain. That just broke my heart to hear someone else in pain. I think about my donor all the time. I feel so bad for their family and often wonder what happened to them to cause their passing. I wrote a letter to their family shortly after my transplant, and that was probably the hardest letter I ever had to write. What do you say? They lost their loved one, but I'm so blessed, and grateful to be alive because of their unselfish

gift. I would so love to meet their family one day because they are my family now. My donor is a part of me. Some of my tastes have changed since my transplant, and I believe it is because my donor liked these things, and it has just carried over to me. I know that probably sounds weird, but that's what I believe. My coordinator said the donor's family will probably write to me one day when their sorrow of their loss isn't so fresh. I'm not counting on that, but that would be so nice.I went through the transplant evaluation from August, 2007 through October, 2007, and I was put on the list on December 5, 2007. I had to go to the hospital to fix my umbilical hernia on December 20th, and couldn't leave the hospital until I got a new liver which I got on January 6, 2008. A few days before the transplant, the surgeon told me that I would need to find a match from one of my siblings to donate part

of their liver to me in order for me to live long enough to find a match from a deceased donor. Then I would still need a liver from a deceased donor because of having Hepatitis C. A partial liver from a live donor wouldn't be enough. It would just give me more time until a whole liver was found. My brother was going to be tested to see if he was a match since he has the same blood type that I have, but then a match was found for me. I feel so lucky, and so blessed! I always wondered about my old liver. I've never asked about it, and I've always meant to. I wonder if they at least took a picture of it or something. I would have loved to have seen what it looked like. I know it was very small, shriveled, and hard, but it would be so interesting to see it. I would love to see a video of the transplant surgery itself, of me. I have seen liver transplant surgeries on the internet, and they are so

interesting to me. It's amazing how they can take a liver from one person and put it into another, hook it up, and it works right away. My surgery only took 5 hours, and they say it was a perfect fit and an easy surgery.I love to talk about my transplant because I am so proud to have received a liver, and I am even more proud of my donor, and the donor's family for their unselfish gift.Penny > > > > > > From: Bob <unclebutch@ >> > > Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.> > > To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:26 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i deleted the question about liver transplants because i was > afraid > > it > > > was too sensitive to talk about. i find it amazing organs gave be > > > interchanged and wondered how people thought of their new livers > > like > > > where they came from etc. i went into liver failure about 10 > years > > ago > > > that was not hep related and saw a transplant doctor briefly that > > told > > > me that i didn't want what he had to offer.> > > > > > if it isn't too sensitive to talk about i'd like to know about > your > > new

> > > livers.> > >> >>

Guest guest

yes, that is what I've been told

Guest guest

Believe it or not you can still be a donor ... I am . But your organs would be delegated to someone infected with hep c . I have known of many hep c patients that needed kidneys and got theirs from someone who had hep c also .

Re: a quick gross question. i always wanted to be a donor because someone would be giving all they had to keep part of me alive. ------------------------------------ It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/ Happy Posting

Guest guest

You've been trying to share your liver with me for the last 6yrs girl , lol

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:03 PM

Guest guest

well hon, if I die from something like a stroke or other brain injury ...YOU and get to split my liver,,, that the way it is!!! lol

Guest guest

I am not going to do any more , I have declined the transplant option honey . I have family members willing to give up part of their livers but I'm done . ..Besides I am staying healthy and keeping my iron down and that helps to make me feel better . My doc wants me to lose weight he says that will help also . But as far as prolonging my life with tp , nope . I already have advanced directives on file with the hospitals and with my doc and hubby . There comes a point when it is like kicking a dead horse , and that is what I feel like now . I have tried and tried and my body just can't do any of the meds anymore so even if I tp'ed that new liver would soon become reinfected and I couldn't treat . But you have a big heart and I thank you for thinking of me ...

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: a quick gross question.To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 6:03 PM

Guest guest

well,, I respect your choices but we'll discuss this when it becomes necessary, lol,,

I love you liz and if I were brain dead,, ( I know, sometimes rog must think I am now, lol) but its an option.. so we can discuss it later,

Im going to bed now,, love you!

me

Guest guest

thank you Penny. i would imagine it would be a very spiritial thing

knowing you a part of you that used to belong to someone else that

has passed but hasn't passed because you are keeping part of them

alive. i'm glad we are alive at a time when such things are possible

and feel sorry for those that did not have a chance at a new life.

> > > >

> > > > From: Bob <unclebutch@>

> > > > Subject: Re: a quick gross question.

> > > > To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> > > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:26 PM

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > i deleted the question about liver transplants because i was

> > afraid

> > > it

> > > > was too sensitive to talk about. i find it amazing organs

gave

> be

> > > > interchanged and wondered how people thought of their new

> livers

> > > like

> > > > where they came from etc. i went into liver failure about 10

> > years

> > > ago

> > > > that was not hep related and saw a transplant doctor briefly

> that

> > > told

> > > > me that i didn't want what he had to offer.

> > > >

> > > > if it isn't too sensitive to talk about i'd like to know

about

> > your

> > > new

> > > > livers.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

sleep well sweety luv ya too

Guest guest

Don't forget I want to share too. But you might have to wait a bit, I think I am going to need it for a while. LOL

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Hahaha you better girl

Guest guest

You're welcome.

Penny

> > > > >

> > > > > From: Bob <unclebutch@>

> > > > > Subject: Re: a quick gross question.

> > > > > To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> > > > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 4:26 PM

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i deleted the question about liver transplants because i

was

> > > afraid

> > > > it

> > > > > was too sensitive to talk about. i find it amazing organs

> gave

> > be

> > > > > interchanged and wondered how people thought of their new

> > livers

> > > > like

> > > > > where they came from etc. i went into liver failure about

> > > years

> > > > ago

> > > > > that was not hep related and saw a transplant doctor

briefly

> > that

> > > > told

> > > > > me that i didn't want what he had to offer.

> > > > >

> > > > > if it isn't too sensitive to talk about i'd like to know

> about

> > > your

> > > > new

> > > > > livers.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>