RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Group Active / Recumbent Bike / Group Core

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great job ! JenSubject: Group Active / Recumbent Bike / Group CoreTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Monday, February 20, 2012, 7:38 PM

CAC is such a different place during the day than it is at night when I usually go! It resembles more of a nursing home. I went to Group Active at 11:00 and it's the first GX class I've taken where a participant had an oxygen tank with them. She used no step and no weights and I thought "you just totally rock!" I hope when I'm a senior I am as tenacious as she is!

Group Active is by no means an easy class, and I love that it hits everything! You do cardio on the step for 30 minutes, and the choreography is simple so that I was able to do the class with two sets of risers instead of the usual one. - I'm sure you would love this part of the class for the same reason!

For about 20 minutes or so you do upper body, which were tricep pushups (mine are toast from yesterday) , bicep curls, deadlifts and rows, upright rows and reverse flys. The chest section was tough, like one you would have in Body Pump or Group Power. Next was Balance - always a challenge for me, basicalliy variants of Warrior 3's with movement and standing hip abductions using balance. It ended with an Abs section and a cooldown.

I wish this were offered after work or on the weekend, because I would totally be there for it. When I saw people coming in after that for Chair Yoga I decided immediately that it just wasn't for me and I didn't want to be the only person under 90 in the class. In addition this instructor bugs me. I overhear her badmouth to her students after class in an unprofessional manner about management at CAC and about other members.

I worked up a good sweat from Group Active and rinsed off and lazed in the steam room, hot tub, and sauna for about an hour total, then did the recumbent bike for 30 minutes at level 12.Group Core was 30 minutes long and it's normally not on the schedule at this time but the instructor was filming herself to submit to BTS for her certification. I liked her :) She's an older instructor, I'd say over 55, and she's quite lovely - awesome figure and strong, defined arm muscles. I love this class! IT'S QUITE HARD but it moves quickly so you don't have too much time to dwell on it. The sections were, if i remember correctly:

weighted side lunges with a core rotation to the side supine hovers / holds on an inclide with weighted platesisometric planks with knee pulls and side knee pullspilates roll ups a more typical crunch section

I'm sure I'll be wearing a corset of pain tomorrow around my waist.Excited for Group Kick tomorrow, but may have to ditch the abs section!

Guest guest

> it's the first GX class I've taken

> where a participant had an oxygen tank with them.

whoa!! that is really remarkable. she is definitely one that

does not give up.

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

It is so interesting how BTS mirrors Les Mills they have Body Vive for a more senior population and a new class called CX or something that is 30 min intense core workout..great job.. I wish I could get to the Les mills at golds but they are times that don't fit my odd work schedulejudy To: Exercise Videos <exercisevideos > Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 7:38 PM Subject: Group Active / Recumbent Bike / Group Core

CAC is such a different place during the day than it is at night when I usually go! It resembles more of a nursing home. I went to Group Active at 11:00 and it's the first GX class I've taken where a participant had an oxygen tank with them. She used no step and no weights and I thought "you just totally rock!" I hope when I'm a senior I am as tenacious as she is!

Group Active is by no means an easy class, and I love that it hits everything! You do cardio on the step for 30 minutes, and the choreography is simple so that I was able to do the class with two sets of risers instead of the usual one. - I'm sure you would love this part of the class for the same reason!

For about 20 minutes or so you do upper body, which were tricep pushups (mine are toast from yesterday) , bicep curls, deadlifts and rows, upright rows and reverse flys. The chest section was tough, like one you would have in Body Pump or Group Power. Next was Balance - always a challenge for me, basicalliy variants of Warrior 3's with movement and standing hip abductions using balance. It ended with an Abs section and a cooldown.

I wish this were offered after work or on the weekend, because I would totally be there for it. When I saw people coming in after that for Chair Yoga I decided immediately that it just wasn't for me and I didn't want to be the only person under 90 in the class. In addition this instructor bugs me. I overhear her badmouth to her students after class in an unprofessional manner about management at CAC and about other members.

I worked up a good sweat from Group Active and rinsed off and lazed in the steam room, hot tub, and sauna for about an hour total, then did the recumbent bike for 30 minutes at level 12.Group Core was 30 minutes long and it's normally not on the schedule at this time but the instructor was filming herself to submit to BTS for her certification. I liked her :) She's an older instructor, I'd say over 55, and she's quite lovely - awesome figure and strong, defined arm muscles. I love this class! IT'S QUITE HARD but it moves quickly so you don't have too much time to dwell on it. The sections were, if i remember correctly:

weighted side lunges with a core rotation to the side supine hovers / holds on an inclide with weighted platesisometric planks with knee pulls and side knee pullspilates roll ups a more typical crunch section

I'm sure I'll be wearing a corset of pain tomorrow around my waist.Excited for Group Kick tomorrow, but may have to ditch the abs section!

Guest guest

They used to be one and the same company is why!  I also love Body Vive and have some of those workouts.  I like them because they can be intense, they are just low impact is all.   I'm bummed this class is only offered during the day when I'm at work.

It is so interesting how BTS mirrors Les Mills