RemedySpot.com

/ cheaper gym memberships

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, is there a 24 Hour Fitness near you? They often have GREAT deals, especially in conjunction with Costco.  My dad had to pay around $300 up front I think but it works out to around $13 a month for several years, and then like 50 bux a year after that.  You just have to be sure you use it - that's where the gyms make their $.  They don't make much $ off of me, I use a lot of their hot water (I take my showers there to help with my water bill)

Also there are neighborhood gyms like Noel's that are cheaper, I think his is like $27/month but that doesn't include classes or a swimming pool, just lots of weight machines, some cardio machines, and an MMA room (jiu-jitzu and boxing are extra but it's the real deal, not a gym class) but you get the bodybuilder eye candy and conversations with Noel :)

LA Fitness is another big chain offering specials right now.It used to be that the Y offered memberships on a sliding scale. Also, look for Groupons - I've seen some incredible deals come through for yoga studios, bootcamp classes, and smaller outfits like that. 

Continue to take advantage of as many free trial passes for all the locations in your area.  It's fun to gym hop! Are there rec centers in your area that have gym equipment?Luckily all of us that post here have a LOT of videos and the basic equipment needed to work out at home.  I didn't have a gym membership for a couple of years and did just fine without one.  I do like going to the gym though because it gets me out of the house and then I'm around like minded fitness people. My family, most of my friends, and most of my coworkers are not.. I also like using the machines to switch things up. 

Hugs!