RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Ultrasounds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I KNEW our site wasn't the only one you could find solace and info on - started me thinking there must be other alternative mothering kind of sites which also support natural ways of dealing with pregnancy. Anyway, loved the pix below - funny, during pregnancy is a time when I did soooooooooo much research and reading - wonder why I didn't do that before getting married???? :>) so how you feeling? more kicks?? Klara Lemoine wrote: Thank you for your advice. It was a great help. I'm going to go ahead and do it. Is there a cleanse I should do afterwards? How does the vibrations effect/affect the baby, and why?? From: VeganMacrobiotics [mailto:VeganMacrobiotics ] On Behalf Of seigmanSent: December 28, 2006 8:48 PMTo: VeganMacrobiotics Subject: Re: Ultrasounds ,You have had a lot of good advice on the ultrasound, so I just wanted to share my experience.I've had one hospital birth, two homebirths. My first two both had the intense ultrasound (30 minutes, measurements, down syndrome check, etc.). The first was required by my OB. My second child, I chose to do it since I had insurance that

covered it and I felt, at the time, that it would ease any worries. My 3rd was conceived shortly after an ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery (less than 3 weeks after the operation). I had a quickie vaginal ultrasound with her, again, by my choice, to make sure it was a viable pregnancy and where it should be in the womb, not the tubes.I have three healthy, happy, very normal children.I would not have opted for the ultrasound on my daughter if the circumstances had been different.With my second, I had valid concerns and the ultrasound put them to rest. I strongly feel that the peace of mind that ultrasound gave me was worth it. I think worry and stress are unhealthy during a pregnancy.Follow your heart, it will all be allright, hon.And for goodness sakes, give yourself a hug about the eating discrepancies and move on. Your wee babe will be perfectly fine. Look how many children are born to

meat-eating, trans-fat scarfing ruffians ;-) <though I do understand your concerns, don't take my joking as flippant>xoxo... Ultrasounds>>> I have a question. I'm writing this from work so it will be briefer than > I'd like ...I'll try to get back on later tonight to read replies (should > there be any).>> I've rec'd 2 phone calls from my doctors about ultrasounds>> I've quizzed them aobut the dangers (hearing, x-rays, speech) to which I'm > told there is none.> I"m told that it does not use x-rays, it's a newer machine, and that the >

frequency is too high for the baby to hear or damage it's hearing. It > would only be a couple of minutes as well.>> (, did you ever have ultrasounds with your babies?)>> I love the fact that I can see my baby!!!!>> This would be a routine ultrasound at 20 weeks, not because anything is > wrong.>> It is scheduled for next week.>> Would love feedback.>> I'd love to hear from moms who had them ...or didn't ...and what you think > of them (I know this has come up briefly in the past) we're you happy you > had one, indifferent, did you find it had any effect on your child one way > or the other?>> Thank you all!!!!>> (Reggie I"m going to try to call you tomorrow afternoon)>>>>