RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: McCain and Obama on Autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. So, actually- there isn’t much difference.

Barack made that point a few minutes after McCain’s comment.

-

Less than 3 more weeks!

Like McCain stated to Senator Obama, " You're not running against President Bush, if you wanted to do that, you should have run four years ago. "

McCain's not Bush!

Lin

>

> >

-SNIP-

PLEASE TRIM YOUR RESPONSES. -HOST

Guest guest

You should read what I wrote again. I said that I’m sure you and the other parents who talked to McCain about autism know a lot more than an Aunt of child with autism. What MCCAIN said was INSULTING TO YOU!

Again- your wonderful, perfect McCain said that knows MORE than YOU about autism.

You can go ahead and thank HIM for the insult.

I was asking the question- but the answer was NO.

-

Thanks for the insult! You just dissed ALL my efforts for your partisanship.

Lin

>

> >

> >

> >

> > MOST importantly…

> >

> > If autism has always been with us in such alarming numbers, then why didn’t

> > autism come up in the 2004 or 2000 election? (Or, for that matter, in any

> > other election before that?)

> >

> > Did better diagnosing suddenly make the topic even more prominent and urgent

> > than ever before?

> >

> > (PS to the “Autism is not really on the rise” crowd: History is not on your

> > side. Sorry. It just isn’t).

> >

> > DK

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Sadly, the truth, Sammy…

Have

you ever seen any of these orgs pull the rabbit out of the hat?[the

cure] No...MDA,Cancer ect been around for years collecting billions

but no cures. It unfortunately doesnt behoove them to find the

cure.Thier cash would disappear.

Guest guest

I'm always happy to hear anyone mention autism. McCain, whom I

actually used to respect quite a bit - really pissed me, my friends

and family off with that obvious sound bite during the debate. I hope

he goes back to being a Senator and makes good on his promises at

home. Somehow I doubt Autism will be on his mind much wherever he

ends up.

PS: not that I think that at this point that Autism is a pressing

interest in Obama's mind right now either. I'm voting based on all

the other issues, period. However, my feeling is that our issues will

mean more to Obama than they will to McCain at any stage - especially

after this election is over.

> >> >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > > MOST importantlyŠ

> >>> > >

> >>> > > If autism has always been with us in such alarming numbers,

then why

> >>> didn¹t

> >>> > > autism come up in the 2004 or 2000 election? (Or, for that

matter, in

> any

> >>> > > other election before that?)

> >>> > >

> >>> > > Did better diagnosing suddenly make the topic even more

prominent and

> >>> urgent

> >>> > > than ever before?

> >>> > >

> >>> > > (PS to the ³Autism is not really on the rise² crowd:

History is not on

> >>> your

> >>> > > side. Sorry. It just isn¹t).

> >>> > >

> >>> > > DK

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

No, , it was not insulting to me because I know he chose Plain to help us fight this battle. I knew he'd pick her. I knew it for that reason alone. When nearly everyone else was shocked, I was not in the least.

All the man has tried to do is reach out to us. I find it disturbing he'd be bludgeonded for that. I'd expect as much from the press, but not from the parents.

I also know that he is not perfect; not a one of is. I know he will not fix every problem, but I trust that he will fight to end for us and do his very, very best.

And yes, there is much work to be done. It looks as if it will move forward better without me. I'm sorry I was only trying to help.

Peace,

Lin

>> You should read what I wrote again. I said that I¹m sure you and the other> parents who talked to McCain about autism know a lot more than an Aunt of-snip-

Guest guest

Being a constituent in AZ, I've met McCain and spoken to him personally about (she was hospital bed bound at the time), autism rates, vaccines, the VSD and the help that families need. He was genuinely concerned and I believe that he does want to help. I agree with Bob and Lin that regardless of the reason why it was brought up in the debates, it is quite significant that it was mentioned at all.

Theresa Cedillo New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

I posted this earlier under the " Hannity Interview " thread and I

think it bears repeating:

Below are statements made by both Candidates during their campaign

trails:

" It's indisputable that (autism) is on the rise among children, the

question is what's causing it. And we go back and forth and there's

strong evidence that indicates it's got to do with a preservative in

vaccines. " -- McCain, Texas town hall meeting, February 29, 2008.

" We've seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are

suspicious that it's connected to the vaccines. This person included.

[Points to someone in the audience.] The science right now is

inconclusive, but we have to research it. We can't afford to junk our

vaccine system, we have to figure out what's happening. If we keep on

seeing the increases in the rate we're seeing, we're never going to

have enough money to take care of these children. " --Barack Obama,

Pennsylvania Rally, April 21,2008.

To view video clip, see

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-

checker/2008/04/dr_obama_and_dr_mccain.html

At this point in the campaign, I truly believe that to zero in on

vaccines as an actual cause of autism, would be political suicide for

either man. But still, McCain has publicly stated what I need to

hear.

I am not convinced that the truth surrounding the dangers

vaccines, will be challenged under an Obama administration.

Both men have supported the Combating Autism Act, so at least we know

that they are aware that autism has reached epidemic proportions.

*** McCain was the first man to talk about a vaccine/autism

connection. He also believes that certain vaccines forced on our

Military men and women can and do cause injury. I watched that first

Town Hall meeting and I remember getting chills at the very mention

of vaccines being a possible cause of harm. McCain also vehemently

disagreed with Mitt Romney during the first debate when Romney said

that the Pharmaceutical Companies are not evil. McCain shot back and

said that yes, they are.

I can see Obama doing a great deal for our kids when it comes to the

usual... funding for general autism research, and education.

Important, yes. But inovative? No. Under an Obama administration, I

feel that the vaccine mandates will become stronger. He already

stated that " we can't afford to junk our vaccine program, we have to

figure out what's happening. " This is too close to the lines

of " Autism Speaks " , for me.

I liked Obama way before he ran in the Primaries. I began watching

him and following him long before most people heard his name. If I

hadn't been such a strong Ron supporter, I may well have voted

for him in the Primaries. So up until recently, I have been very

open to my choice of Candidates. Truthfully, I think either man will

do ok running the Country in general. I know that it's been brought

up on this list that we can't base our votes on autism... but my

vote is coming down to just that. If somebody doesn't acknowledge

that vaccines are at least contributing to the autism epidemic and

DO something about it, the next generation of capable voters could

be severely compromised, and there may be only a handfull of healthy

men and women left to lead!

Senator Obama will have to come up with some pretty compelling

evidence that he will challenge our " one-size-fits-all " vaccine

policy, if he wants my vote.

I see some indication that McCain will make this a priority.

-Trish

Guest guest

I agree Trish. If your number 1 priority is autism, finding the cause (which we already know) and helping our children, McCain/Palin are probably going to do more. Palin has mentioned special needs children in every speech and interview I've heard her give. Special needs children is one of her priorities as VP along with energy and reform. I don't think they are pandering to get our vote. I've never heard anyone say "the familes with special needs chilren vote." I don't think the candidates see us as group to pander to the way they do "the young peoples vote" or "the catholic vote" or "Jewish vote" etc. Thanks to all the parents who do speak to their elected officials, attend the rallies, send emails, write letters and speak to other parents; and also, thanks to our "celebrities" and Kirby who write books and do the media interviews, our autism/vaccine

message is finally being heard.

Subject: Re: McCain and Obama on AutismTo: EOHarm Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 10:30 PM

I posted this earlier under the "Hannity Interview" thread and I think it bears repeating: Below are statements made by both Candidates during their campaigntrails:"It's indisputable that (autism) is on the rise among children, thequestion is what's causing it. And we go back and forth and there'sstrong evidence that indicates it's got to do with a preservative invaccines." -- McCain, Texas town hall meeting, February 29, 2008."We've seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people aresuspicious that it's connected to the vaccines. This person included.[Points to someone in the audience.] The science right now isinconclusive, but we have to research it. We can't afford to junk ourvaccine system, we have to figure out what's happening. If we keep onseeing the increases in the rate we're seeing, we're never going tohave enough money to take care of these children."-- Barack

Obama,Pennsylvania Rally, April 21,2008.To view video clip, seehttp://blog. washingtonpost. com/fact-checker/2008/ 04/dr_obama_ and_dr_mccain. htmlAt this point in the campaign, I truly believe that to zero in onvaccines as an actual cause of autism, would be political suicide foreither man. But still, McCain has publicly stated what I need to hear.I am not convinced that the truth surrounding the dangersvaccines, will be challenged under an Obama administration.Both men have supported the Combating Autism Act, so at least we knowthat they are aware that autism has reached epidemic proportions.*** McCain was the first man to talk about a vaccine/autism connection. He also believes that certain vaccines forced on our Military men and women can and do cause injury. I watched that first Town Hall

meeting and I remember getting chills at the very mention of vaccines being a possible cause of harm. McCain also vehemently disagreed with Mitt Romney during the first debate when Romney said that the Pharmaceutical Companies are not evil. McCain shot back and said that yes, they are. I can see Obama doing a great deal for our kids when it comes to the usual... funding for general autism research, and education. Important, yes. But inovative? No. Under an Obama administration, I feel that the vaccine mandates will become stronger. He already stated that "we can't afford to junk our vaccine program, we have to figure out what's happening." This is too close to the lines of "Autism Speaks", for me. I liked Obama way before he ran in the Primaries. I began watching him and following him long before most people heard his name. If I hadn't been such a strong Ron supporter, I may well have

voted for him in the Primaries. So up until recently, I have been very open to my choice of Candidates. Truthfully, I think either man will do ok running the Country in general. I know that it's been brought up on this list that we can't base our votes on autism... but my vote is coming down to just that. If somebody doesn't acknowledge that vaccines are at least contributing to the autism epidemic and DO something about it, the next generation of capable voters could be severely compromised, and there may be only a handfull of healthy men and women left to lead! Senator Obama will have to come up with some pretty compelling evidence that he will challenge our "one-size-fits- all" vaccine policy, if he wants my vote. I see some indication that McCain will make this a priority. -Trish__________________________________________________

Guest guest

In politics, they pander to all groups without exception. That is the nature of our political system-right or wrong.

From: Trish <minniemimi1@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: McCain and Obama on AutismTo: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 10:30 PM

I posted this earlier under the "Hannity Interview" thread and I think it bears repeating: Below are statements made by both Candidates during their campaigntrails:"It's indisputable that (autism) is on the rise among children, thequestion is what's causing it. And we go back and forth and there'sstrong evidence that indicates it's got to do with a preservative invaccines." -- McCain, Texas town hall meeting, February 29, 2008."We've seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people aresuspicious that it's connected to the vaccines. This person included.[Points to someone in the audience.] The science right now isinconclusive, but we have to research it. We can't afford to junk ourvaccine system, we have to figure out what's happening. If we keep onseeing the increases in the rate we're seeing, we're never going tohave enough money to take care of these children."-- Barack

Obama,Pennsylvania Rally, April 21,2008.To view video clip, seehttp://blog. washingtonpost. com/fact-checker/2008/ 04/dr_obama_ and_dr_mccain. htmlAt this point in the campaign, I truly believe that to zero in onvaccines as an actual cause of autism, would be political suicide foreither man. But still, McCain has publicly stated what I need to hear.I am not convinced that the truth surrounding the dangersvaccines, will be challenged under an Obama administration.Both men have supported the Combating Autism Act, so at least we knowthat they are aware that autism has reached epidemic proportions.*** McCain was the first man to talk about a vaccine/autism connection. He also believes that certain vaccines forced on our Military men and women can and do cause injury. I watched that first Town Hall

meeting and I remember getting chills at the very mention of vaccines being a possible cause of harm. McCain also vehemently disagreed with Mitt Romney during the first debate when Romney said that the Pharmaceutical Companies are not evil. McCain shot back and said that yes, they are. I can see Obama doing a great deal for our kids when it comes to the usual... funding for general autism research, and education. Important, yes. But inovative? No. Under an Obama administration, I feel that the vaccine mandates will become stronger. He already stated that "we can't afford to junk our vaccine program, we have to figure out what's happening." This is too close to the lines of "Autism Speaks", for me. I liked Obama way before he ran in the Primaries. I began watching him and following him long before most people heard his name. If I hadn't been such a strong Ron supporter, I may well have

voted for him in the Primaries. So up until recently, I have been very open to my choice of Candidates. Truthfully, I think either man will do ok running the Country in general. I know that it's been brought up on this list that we can't base our votes on autism... but my vote is coming down to just that. If somebody doesn't acknowledge that vaccines are at least contributing to the autism epidemic and DO something about it, the next generation of capable voters could be severely compromised, and there may be only a handfull of healthy men and women left to lead! Senator Obama will have to come up with some pretty compelling evidence that he will challenge our "one-size-fits- all" vaccine policy, if he wants my vote. I see some indication that McCain will make this a priority. -Trish____________ _________

_________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Oh, I know they pander to all different groups - my point was I don't think they even consider us a group to pander to. The epidemic has just started coming out in the mainstream media. I don't think people (excluding the autism community) really understand the magnitude of it because autism/vaccines has been kept under wraps for so long. I think by the next presidential election they will have to pander to us because we, the parents are not going away. My only hope is that whoever gets elected spends whatever funds are available on finding the true cause of autism. Research done without the pharamaceuticals and CDC involvement.

From: Trish <minniemimi1@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: McCain and Obama on AutismTo: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 10:30 PM

voted for him in the Primaries. So up until recently, I have been very open to my choice of Candidates. Truthfully, I think either man will do ok running the Country in general. I know that it's been brought up on this list that we can't base our votes on autism... but my vote is coming down to just that. If somebody doesn't acknowledge that vaccines are at least contributing to the autism epidemic and DO something about it, the next generation of capable voters could be severely compromised, and there may be only a handfull of healthy men and women left to lead! Senator Obama will have to come up with some pretty compelling evidence that he will challenge our "one-size-fits- all" vaccine policy, if he wants my vote. I see some indication that McCain will make this a priority. -Trish____________ _________

_________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

That’s like saying “I’m so happy my boyfriend told me he loved me”, but in reality he had a gun to his head. It just doesn’t mean as much.

Btw Theresa- thanks for sharing your story with McCain (and the rest of the world). Again, I’m not saying these things to belittle what you guys (all the parents on this list) have done at all. I found it offensive that he said twice, I believe, that Palin knows more about autism than anyone he knows- because it’s a LIE and a slam to all the PARENTS (not Aunts) of ASD kids in this country.

-

Being a constituent in AZ, I've met McCain and spoken to him personally about (she was hospital bed bound at the time), autism rates, vaccines, the VSD and the help that families need. He was genuinely concerned and I believe that he does want to help. I agree with Bob and Lin that regardless of the reason why it was brought up in the debates, it is quite significant that it was mentioned at all.

Theresa Cedillo

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211031713x1200669822/aol?redir=http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002>

Guest guest

It may have just come out in the media, but parents like me have

been writing to every senator and representative for over ten years. I,

personally, have a letter-writing campaign a number of times each year and I

send to all…

Liz P

Guest guest

Theresa Cedillo has a right to express her opinions based upon her own,

personal, experience without others questioning the wisdom of her

judgment.

I would make that statement whether we were discussing comments made by

Senator Obama or Senator McCain.

>

> > Being a constituent in AZ, I've met McCain and spoken to him

personally about (she was hospital bed bound at the time),

autism rates, vaccines, the VSD and the help that families need. He was

genuinely concerned and I believe that he does want to help. I agree

with Bob and Lin that regardless of the reason why it was brought up in

the debates, it is quite significant that it was mentioned at all.

> >

> > Theresa Cedillo

Guest guest

I talking specifically about McCain’s statement at the debate on Thursday. Not ALL comments made in our lifetime.

And when on this list are we allowed to say things and no one is allowed to respond? Give me a break.

-

Theresa Cedillo has a right to express her opinions based upon her own,

personal, experience without others questioning the wisdom of her

judgment.

I would make that statement whether we were discussing comments made by

Senator Obama or Senator McCain.

>

> > Being a constituent in AZ, I've met McCain and spoken to him

personally about (she was hospital bed bound at the time),

autism rates, vaccines, the VSD and the help that families need. He was

genuinely concerned and I believe that he does want to help. I agree

with Bob and Lin that regardless of the reason why it was brought up in

the debates, it is quite significant that it was mentioned at all.

> >

> > Theresa Cedillo

Guest guest

Thank you Liz for all your hard work spreading the word for our children. I too have written many letters, called and sent emails to officials of both parties. It just feels like a lot of people did not believe in the autism/vaccines connection started talking about it. I can't tell you how many people approached me "did you see on TV talking about autism and vaccines?" There are still a lot of people in the autism community who do not believe vaccines are dangerous. They continue to vaccinate their children on schedule including the flu vaccine.

Speaking of educating our government officials, I need to contact a candidate who is running for governor. She stated during a governor's debate on TV the other night that children with special needs should not be placed in regular classrooms because they just bring down the test scores for the entire school. Maybe I'll email her my son's test scores so she can see how wrong and insulting she is. She is also an ex-teacher. Maybe if the teachers weren't all teaching to the tests, kids could actually learn and retain what is being taught.

Subject: RE: Re: McCain and Obama on AutismTo: EOHarm Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 9:38 AM

It may have just come out in the media, but parents like me have been writing to every senator and representative for over ten years. I, personally, have a letter-writing campaign a number of times each year and I send to all…

Liz P __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Running for Governor of what state? That is a terrible

statement! Such ignorance and discrimination from a former teacher is sad.

As far as educating the public, so many parents have been doing

it for years. Before though, I found the most educated autism vaccine

people were listeners of the Don Imus show. Most of them went as far as

reading " Evidence of Harm " even without injured children. Don and

Deirdre, have been extremely vocal advocates for us. -

EOHarm [mailto:EOHarm ] On Behalf Of blu

Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 1:20 PM

To: EOHarm

Subject: RE: Re: McCain and Obama on Autism

Thank you Liz for all your hard work spreading the word

for our children. I too have written many letters, called and sent

emails to officials of both parties. It just feels like a lot of

people did not believe in the autism/vaccines connection

started talking about it. I can't tell you how many people approached

me " did you see on TV talking about autism and

vaccines? " There are still a lot of people in the autism community

who do not believe vaccines are dangerous. They continue to vaccinate

their children on schedule including the flu vaccine.

Speaking of educating our government officials, I need to

contact a candidate who is running for governor. She stated during

a governor's debate on TV the other night that children with special needs

should not be placed in regular classrooms because they just bring down the

test scores for the entire school. Maybe I'll email her my son's test

scores so she can see how wrong and insulting she

is. She is also an ex-teacher. Maybe if the teachers weren't

all teaching to the tests, kids could actually learn and retain what is being

taught.

Guest guest

“And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what’s causing it and we’ve got to reach out to these families and help them and give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs children.

She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I’m proud of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that have never been involved in the political process. And I can’t tell you how proud I am of her and her family. Her husband’s a pretty tough guy, by the way, too.”

Then McCain said:

“ Palin knows about that better than most. And we’ll find –and we’ll spend the money, research to find the cause of autism. And we’ll care for these young children. And all Americans will open their wallets and their hearts to do so.”

I’m offended because Palin and McCain have used our community in this election, given us no real details and contradict themselves. How are you going to pay for research and services when you want to freeze spending? What type of research? Why type of programs? Is it just “young children” or teenagers and adults are included too? Or are they forgotten?

I saw Palin’s sister in an interview on a network morning show and you know how many times she mentioned “autism”? Guess.

Zero. But, she DID say that Palin would support small businesses and she was very proud of that. If my sister (god forbid) was running for VP, the word autism would be out of my mouth in the first 10 seconds and I would be wearing a pin on my shirt.

One time I asked my father why he was going to the NAAR walk (this was a few yrs ago). He said “to help the cause”. It’s not THAT simple. Just saying that you are going to “help” special needs children isn’t enough for me to support what they are doing.

And, like I’ve said before, I disagree with almost every one of their other policies (from global warming to the war). So, they would have to stand up on that podium with Wakefield on one side and Kirby on the other, for me to support them. Of course, those of you who do support them- great for you. That is your choice. And I’m sorry that your candidate is going to lose the election. But, I’m going to continue to work hard so the democrats in power understand what needs to be done.

-

I don't think McCain was telling the world that he thought Palin knew more about autism than any parent on the planet. He was only making the point that she knew about autism. My sister knows more about autism than a lot of parents with children on the spectrum she has come in contact with. She has educated moms who have never heard of biomedical and has been able to help. I guess I just don't understand why some people on the list get so offended when McCain and/or Palin talk about autism. Autism and our children are finally being recognized. This should make you feel good regardless of your party preference.

Subject: Re: McCain and Obama on Autism

To: EOHarm

Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 10:13 AM

You're right, . I'm done with this list.

Webster

> >> >

> >>> > > Being a constituent in AZ, I've met McCain and spoken to him

> > personally about (she was hospital bed bound at the time),

> > autism rates, vaccines, the VSD and the help that families need. He

was

> > genuinely concerned and I believe that he does want to help. I agree

> > with Bob and Lin that regardless of the reason why it was brought up

in

> > the debates, it is quite significant that it was mentioned at all.

> >>> > >

> >>> > > Theresa Cedillo

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I can't believe someone running for Governor...an ex-teacher, no

less, made such a damning statement!!!! So much for her take on " No

Child Left Behind " !!!! Hope she looses big time... someone like her

could bring down the quality of the entire Legislative system in

your State!

Talk about one step forward and two steps back!!!!

-Trish

" Speaking of educating our government officials, I need to contact a

candidate who is running for governor. She stated during a

governor's debate on TV the other night that children with special

needs should not be placed in regular classrooms because they just

bring down the test scores for the entire school... "

>

>

> Subject: RE: Re: McCain and Obama on Autism

> To: EOHarm

> Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 9:38 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> It may have just come out in the media, but parents like me have

been writing to every senator and representative for over ten

years.  I, personally, have a letter-writing campaign a number of

times each year and I send to all…

>  

> Liz P

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Yeah, he said words like almost and most. Pretty offensive. You're just looking for reasons to be angry with him.

>> ³And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She> understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what¹s> causing it and we¹ve got to reach out to these families and help them and> give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs> children.> > She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I¹m proud> of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that

Guest guest

She needs to read the IDEA! How awful for Special Needs kids if she wins!

Subject: RE: Re: McCain and Obama on AutismTo: EOHarm Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 1:29 PM

Running for Governor of what state? That is a terrible statement! Such ignorance and discrimination from a former teacher is sad.

As far as educating the public, so many parents have been doing it for years. Before though, I found the most educated autism vaccine people were listeners of the Don Imus show. Most of them went as far as reading "Evidence of Harm" even without injured children. Don and Deirdre, have been extremely vocal advocates for us. -

From: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:EOHarm@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of bluSent: Friday, October 17, 2008 1:20 PMTo: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: RE: Re: McCain and Obama on Autism

Thank you Liz for all your hard work spreading the word for our children. I too have written many letters, called and sent emails to officials of both parties. It just feels like a lot of people did not believe in the autism/vaccines connection started talking about it. I can't tell you how many people approached me "did you see on TV talking about autism and vaccines?" There are still a lot of people in the autism community who do not believe vaccines are dangerous. They continue to vaccinate their children on schedule including the flu vaccine.

Speaking of educating our government officials, I need to contact a candidate who is running for governor. She stated during a governor's debate on TV the other night that children with special needs should not be placed in regular classrooms because they just bring down the test scores for the entire school. Maybe I'll email her my son's test scores so she can see how wrong and insulting she is. She is also an ex-teacher. Maybe if the teachers weren't all teaching to the tests, kids could actually learn and retain what is being taught.

Guest guest

I don’t need to FIND a reason to not like McCain. There are thousands.

-

Btw- Do you belong to a military family Lin?

Yeah, he said words like almost and most. Pretty offensive. You're just looking for reasons to be angry with him.

>

> “And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She

> understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what’s

> causing it and we’ve got to reach out to these families and help them and

> give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs

> children.

>

> She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I’m proud

> of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that

Guest guest

I am sorry you feel that way, . McCain is our best hope of stopping the insanity.

As for you second question, it depends on what you consider a military family. I have two uncles who served in Vietnam. I have a cousin who is currently enlisted in the Marines. My grandfather served in WWII. My step-dad was a pilot in the Korean war. His older brother was a WWII POW who was captrured, tortured and murdered. But, no, my husband or own father never served. Am questioning the relevence?

Lin

> >> >> >> > ³And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She> >> > understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what¹s> >> > causing it and we¹ve got to reach out to these families and help them and> >> > give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs> >> > children.> >> > > >> > She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I¹m proud> >> > of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that> > > > > >>

Guest guest

I meant if you or your husband are CURRENTLY in the military. My soon-to-be x-husband and father to my only child almost went to Iraq, but failed the physical. He’s been in the Navy for about 20 years (and gone for almost 10 years). For a few months we thought he was going to Iraq. I found this out the week I discovered my mother and good friend from college both had terminal cancer. I guess the idea of ANOTHER person dying that directly influenced my life and my son’s life- kinda sucked. So, the idea of stopping the WAR in Iraq went to the top of my list.

McCain said he wouldn’t stop the war.

Obama said he would bring the troops home as soon as possible.

So, you telling me that McCain is “our best hope of stopping the insanity”... Well, it would stop your insanity, but not mine.

-

I am sorry you feel that way, . McCain is our best hope of stopping the insanity.

As for you second question, it depends on what you consider a military family. I have two uncles who served in Vietnam. I have a cousin who is currently enlisted in the Marines. My grandfather served in WWII. My step-dad was a pilot in the Korean war. His older brother was a WWII POW who was captrured, tortured and murdered. But, no, my husband or own father never served. Am questioning the relevence?

Lin

> >> >

> >> > “And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She

> >> > understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what’s

> >> > causing it and we’ve got to reach out to these families and help them and

> >> > give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs

> >> > children.

> >> >

> >> > She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I’m proud

> >> > of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

ALL americans want the war in Iraq to end. McCain does not want the war to continue. He wants victory and honor for our troops. He also knows we can't just pack up and bring all our soldiers home. It's not that simple. Even Obama has backtracked on his original statements that he would have all our troops home within 6 months of taking office. I don't know if you've heard, but our military is in the process of closing down Camp Fallujah which was once the most violent area in Iraq. Steps are being taken to get us out of Iraq. Unfortunately, we will still have the war in Afganistan and many of our soldiers will be moved there. The war on terror which really began way before 9/11 is never going to end. Terrorist (jihadist) hate everything we stand for as Americans. This will never change regardless of who is in the white house. The terrorist don't only hate us though.

Look at the bombings in Spain, the UK, etc.

I am sorry you feel that way, . McCain is our best hope of stopping the insanity.As for you second question, it depends on what you consider a military family. I have two uncles who served in Vietnam. I have a cousin who is currently enlisted in the Marines. My grandfather served in WWII. My step-dad was a pilot in the Korean war. His older brother was a WWII POW who was captrured, tortured and murdered. But, no, my husband or own father never served. Am questioning the relevence? Lin> >> >> >> > “And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She> >> > understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what’s> >> > causing it and we’ve got to reach out to these families and help them and> >> > give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs> >> > children.> >> > > >> > She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I’m proud> >> > of her and that

she has ignited our party and people all over America that> > > > > >>

Guest guest

I see the reality of what deployments mean to military families. I see the bombings of Iraq and the deaths of innocent people being equal to other bombings of innocent people around the world.

Some Americans HATE as much as other groups/Nations. This WILL change when Obama is in the White House.

And I really wish you wouldn’t use the pronouns “our”, “us” and “we” when speaking of the military. It’s kind of an insult to those families, like mine, who have truly sacrificed. If you want to continue this unjust war, then YOU go fight it and leave MY family out of it. My poor kid finally understands what a father is and then asks why his dad has to go to Japan.

Col. , a military man, is not voting for McCain. What does that tell you?

-

ALL americans want the war in Iraq to end. McCain does not want the war to continue. He wants victory and honor for our troops. He also knows we can't just pack up and bring all our soldiers home. It's not that simple. Even Obama has backtracked on his original statements that he would have all our troops home within 6 months of taking office. I don't know if you've heard, but our military is in the process of closing down Camp Fallujah which was once the most violent area in Iraq. Steps are being taken to get us out of Iraq. Unfortunately, we will still have the war in Afganistan and many of our soldiers will be moved there. The war on terror which really began way before 9/11 is never going to end. Terrorist (jihadist) hate everything we stand for as Americans. This will never change regardless of who is in the white house. The terrorist don't only hate us though. Look at the bombings in Spain, the UK, etc.

Lin

> >> >

> >> > “And by the way, [ Palin] also understands special-needs families. She

> >> > understands that autism is on the rise, that we got to find out what’s

> >> > causing it and we’ve got to reach out to these families and help them and

> >> > give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs

> >> > children.

> >> >

> >> > She understands that better than almost any American that I know. I’m proud

> >> > of her and that she has ignited our party and people all over America that

> >

> >

> >

>