RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Miralax and Tooth Decay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes........many reports and experienced it myself. People complain of holes in the teeth.

To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 28, 2010 9:09:35 AMSubject: Miralax and Tooth Decay

I'm new to the group. Have spent so much time researching Miralax and side effects, but just can't seem to get a lot of feedback. My nearly 4yr old daughter started on it nearly 3 yrs ago due to her severe constipation. Not comfortable with long-term use, although has been the answer to her problem thus far. Has been to GI, checked negative for everything. Have tried off and on a few natural things and doesn't seem to help her. In the last year, she has ended up with so much tooth decay, she is scheduled to be hospitalized for dental surgery. I have not understood how her teeth could be so decayed, yet my son who is 2 and has the same diet is fine. Wondering about a link between Miralax and tooth decay??? Found a few messages in this group about the subject, but wondering if any updated info. Thanks in advance!

Guest guest

I have heard of connection between tooth decay ie enamel problems and Celiac's

Disease but not between Miralax and tooth decay.

Guest Kelly

I have a 6 yr old who uses Miralax and now has 6 cavities,dentist said significant decay. She eats the same diet that her 9 yr old brother eats and he has none.

We brush and floss her teeth twice a day, so I don't get it. It has to be the Miralax but I want to know why...I even have her drink water right after the Miralax  just in case there is any residue in her mouth.

Guest ET

I went 10 years without having a single cavity, then I started taking Miralax for perscription drug induced constipation. Since I started taking it I've experienced at least one cavity every 4 months, which is the interval that I get my teeth cleaned. I brush twice a day, floss at night, use fluoride mouthwash twice a day, use a water pink at night and still get at least 4-6 cavities a year. Miralax seems to block the absorption of calcium in the intestines. I've seen it first hand...yet I still take it because it is the only laxative that works.