RemedySpot.com

young people with misophonia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since around age

9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother and sister and my

sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips. I started feeling

irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math class.

There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class and it made

it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly fantasized about

gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was sympathetic and she tried

to help but the girl was intimidating and my teacher was shy. I ended up having

to test and work on assignments out in the hallway, embarrassed because people

who walked the hallways thought I was out there because I was starting trouble.

I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the

success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still

breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens so

that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my son has

to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously with

understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as well. Much

love, guys.

Guest guest

Reading a positive message like this one makes my day a lot brighter. You seem

to be doing well despite the misphonia, which is not easy to do :)

>

> I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since around

age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother and sister

and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips. I started

feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

> One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math class.

There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class and it made

it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly fantasized about

gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was sympathetic and she tried

to help but the girl was intimidating and my teacher was shy. I ended up having

to test and work on assignments out in the hallway, embarrassed because people

who walked the hallways thought I was out there because I was starting trouble.

> I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the

success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still

breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens so

that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my son has

to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

> In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously with

understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as well. Much

love, guys.

>

Guest guest

So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in junior high had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don't believe you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of the conversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. The only time race should ever be discussed in this forum is if an individual is concerned that the rage resulting from their Misophonia might make them resent people of other races, because that is a legitimate concern. I, for one, don't have that problem. Any person or animal creating one of my trigger sounds is the object of my rage, no matter what race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation. It doesn't matter if it is a complete stranger or someone I love dearly--even my cats make me angry when they make my trigger sounds.

I sympathize with your situation though, and was in the exact same place. I failed 7th grade math because a girl (who was WHITE) sat behind me an smacked her gum incessantly the whole time, every single day,and I too, had a teacher who didn't do anything about it.

I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since around age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother and sister and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips. I started feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math class. There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class and it made it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly fantasized about gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was sympathetic and she tried to help but the girl was intimidating and my teacher was shy. I ended up having to test and work on assignments out in the hallway, embarrassed because people who walked the hallways thought I was out there because I was starting trouble.

I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens so that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my son has to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously with understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as well. Much love, guys.

Guest guest

Yikes. I do understand your point, but just a note on that …my boyfriend sometimes (unnecessarily) includes a person’s color when he’s telling me a story about them (usually good stories) and I’ve called him on it many times, and he always says he’s just trying to describe more completely who he’s talking about, but does not mean anything else by it (and I believe him because I’ve know him for 20 years and I know he’s not racist), so giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe that’s all meant. From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of HollowellSent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:41 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: young people with misophonia So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in junior high had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don't believe you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of the conversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. The only time race should ever be discussed in this forum is if an individual is concerned that the rage resulting from their Misophonia might make them resent people of other races, because that is a legitimate concern. I, for one, don't have that problem. Any person or animal creating one of my trigger sounds is the object of my rage, no matter what race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation. It doesn't matter if it is a complete stranger or someone I love dearly--even my cats make me angry when they make my trigger sounds.I sympathize with your situation though, and was in the exact same place. I failed 7th grade math because a girl (who was WHITE) sat behind me an smacked her gum incessantly the whole time, every single day,and I too, had a teacher who didn't do anything about it. I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since around age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother and sister and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips. I started feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse. One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math class. There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class and it made it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly fantasized about gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was sympathetic and she tried to help but the girl was intimidating and my teacher was shy. I ended up having to test and work on assignments out in the hallway, embarrassed because people who walked the hallways thought I was out there because I was starting trouble.I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens so that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my son has to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older. In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously with understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as well. Much love, guys.

Guest guest

Once again this list comes through on a " see you aren't insane, other people

have this too " moment... I too have recently begun being triggered by the

sounds of my cat purring (she can project purr across a room, its not " normal "

purring... and she does so at the drop of a hat... " hey I am being looked at,

time to purr " ) and eating.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since

> > around age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother

> > and sister and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips.

> > I started feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

> > One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math

> > class. There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class

> > and it made it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly

> > fantasized about gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was

> > sympathetic and she tried to help but the girl was intimidating and my

> > teacher was shy. I ended up having to test and work on assignments out in

> > the hallway, embarrassed because people who walked the hallways thought I

> > was out there because I was starting trouble.

> > I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the

> > success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still

> > breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens

> > so that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my

> > son has to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

> > In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously

> > with understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as

> > well. Much love, guys.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in junior

high had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me

chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don't

believe you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of the

conversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. -

Hollowell

Alright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or not

is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking about

racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as having " racist

tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically innocent statement. If

there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously loud on a phone, I might

mention the fact that he was Asian because it stood out to me if I'm looking

back into a memory and telling you about it, not because I have something

against Asians (in fact, I've always been interested in the culture).

Guest guest

As a sociology major and someone who has studied race and human behavior, I interpreted what she said just perfectly. The way she worded her statement was a textbook case of a white person showing resentment towards a black person based on their race. Describing the person's skin color was completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the story and made as much sense as if I had said, " this girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was cracking her gum and it drove me insane! " Wouldn't it have sounded odd if I had described someone who was offending me in that manner, or as white? Do you know WHY it would appear odd? Because when a white person does something offensive to someone it is offensive because of what they did, but it it never attributed to their race. When we are speaking of something a black person did, we specify their race because we attribute the bad things they may do to their race. I used to do it too, but now I have been educated on why that is racist. I am not a bad person, but I was just misinformed. Now I am educated and know better, and feel it is my duty as a sociologist to educate others. I am sure is a good person, or at least I hope. Most of us are good people who are just not aware that what we say matters, and that casually saying things like that perpetuates racism and racist stereotypes. Whether we mean harm or not, when we say these things or have these attitudes, it technically defines us as racist or having racist tendencies (which is what I said to ). It needs to be eliminated from our thoughts and our vocabularies so that racism shall be abolished, or at least, more realistically, a rarity.

BTW, your statement, " in fact, I've always been interested in the culture " , is the equivalent of a racist saying " some of my best friends are black " . It's basic Sociology and race studies. Look it up.

So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in junior

high had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me

chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don't

believe you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of the

conversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. - Hollowell

Alright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or not is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking about racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as having " racist tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically innocent statement. If there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously loud on a phone, I might mention the fact that he was Asian because it stood out to me if I'm looking back into a memory and telling you about it, not because I have something against Asians (in fact, I've always been interested in the culture).

Guest guest

How do you know is white? From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of HollowellSent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 6:27 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: Re: young people with misophonia As a sociology major and someone who has studied race and human behavior, I interpreted what she said just perfectly. The way she worded her statement was a textbook case of a white person showing resentment towards a black person based on their race. Describing the person's skin color was completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the story and made as much sense as if I had said, " this girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was cracking her gum and it drove me insane! " Wouldn't it have sounded odd if I had described someone who was offending me in that manner, or as white? Do you know WHY it would appear odd? Because when a white person does something offensive to someone it is offensive because of what they did, but it it never attributed to their race. When we are speaking of something a black person did, we specify their race because we attribute the bad things they may do to their race. I used to do it too, but now I have been educated on why that is racist. I am not a bad person, but I was just misinformed. Now I am educated and know better, and feel it is my duty as a sociologist to educate others. I am sure is a good person, or at least I hope. Most of us are good people who are just not aware that what we say matters, and that casually saying things like that perpetuates racism and racist stereotypes. Whether we mean harm or not, when we say these things or have these attitudes, it technically defines us as racist or having racist tendencies (which is what I said to ). It needs to be eliminated from our thoughts and our vocabularies so that racism shall be abolished, or at least, more realistically, a rarity.BTW, your statement, " in fact, I've always been interested in the culture " , is the equivalent of a racist saying " some of my best friends are black " . It's basic Sociology and race studies. Look it up. So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in juniorhigh had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind mechewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don'tbelieve you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of theconversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. - HollowellAlright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or not is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking about racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as having " racist tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically innocent statement. If there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously loud on a phone, I might mention the fact that he was Asian because it stood out to me if I'm looking back into a memory and telling you about it, not because I have something against Asians (in fact, I've always been interested in the culture).

Guest guest

I agree. We don’t need to pick someone apart for a comment they said that is not related to her overall statement and point she was making. Yes, it is sad that white people sometimes put a tag on someone if they are of another race. And we should try not to, but I don’t think we should point it out and cause negativity. It doesn’t mean she is a racist—I’ve been called a white lady by some black teens—I don’t think they were being disrespectful or racist towards me—that’s just how they identified me. Some day in a perfect world we won’t see these differences. From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of whatismisophonaSent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:58 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: young people with misophonia So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in juniorhigh had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind mechewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don'tbelieve you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of theconversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. - HollowellAlright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or not is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking about racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as having " racist tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically innocent statement. If there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously loud on a phone, I might mention the fact that he was Asian because it stood out to me if I'm looking back into a memory and telling you about it, not because I have something against Asians (in fact, I've always been interested in the culture).

Guest guest

She is definitely not black. Statistically speaking, a black person would not be likely to refer to another person as black, just as whites don't refer to other whites as white. HOWEVER, being of opposite race to someone does not justify referring to another person by their race, especially in a negative context. If it is relevant to the story to describe how some one looks, then that is the ONLY time it is acceptable. But mentioning someone's race, ESPECIALLY when it is in an unflattering or negative context, perpetuates racism and racist stereotypes. may be Latino, Asian, Middle Eastern, or white...but she is 99% likely NOT black, and is capable of racism towards blacks.

Look, I am just doing what I have been educated and informed to do....to do my best to help contribute to the eradication of social problems such as racism, even if it meant interrupting a Misophonia forum. I did my part and am not going to argue any further, as this is time consuming and takes away from the Misophonia discussions. It is pointless to argue with people who don't understand that it's the little, seemingly innocent things we say and do that do a great deal of harm to minorities and marginalized people. You think you can argue but you can't. This isn't my personal opinion...it is social science.

How do you know is white?   

From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of Hollowell

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 6:27 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: Re: young people with misophonia

As a sociology major and someone who has studied race and human behavior, I interpreted what she said just perfectly. The way she worded her statement was a textbook case of a white person showing resentment towards a black person based on their race. Describing the person's skin color was completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the story and made as much sense as if I had said, " this girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was cracking her gum and it drove me insane! " Wouldn't it have sounded odd if I had described someone who was offending me in that manner, or as white? Do you know WHY it would appear odd? Because when a white person does something offensive to someone it is offensive because of what they did, but it it never attributed to their race. When we are speaking of something a black person did, we specify their race because we attribute the bad things they may do to their race. I used to do it too, but now I have been educated on why that is racist. I am not a bad person, but I was just misinformed. Now I am educated and know better, and feel it is my duty as a sociologist to educate others. I am sure is a good person, or at least I hope. Most of us are good people who are just not aware that what we say matters, and that casually saying things like that perpetuates racism and racist stereotypes. Whether we mean harm or not, when we say these things or have these attitudes, it technically defines us as racist or having racist tendencies (which is what I said to ). It needs to be eliminated from our thoughts and our vocabularies so that racism shall be abolished, or at least, more realistically, a rarity.

BTW, your statement, " in fact, I've always been interested in the culture " , is the equivalent of a racist saying " some of my best friends are black " . It's basic Sociology and race studies. Look it up.

So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in juniorhigh had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me

chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don'tbelieve you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of theconversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. - Hollowell

Alright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or not is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking about racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as having " racist tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically innocent statement. If there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously loud on a phone, I might mention the fact that he was Asian because it stood out to me if I'm looking back into a memory and telling you about it, not because I have something against Asians (in fact, I've always been interested in the culture).

Guest guest

This comment is not just directed at renee.

This list is not the appropriate place to discuss the sociological implications

of race, racisim and our modern society.

The appropriate action of seeing what was posted if she felt it was

inappropriate and racist would be to reply /to the sender/ asking that she

clarify or apologize and move on. Posting it to the list as a whole serves only

to act as a soapbox to discuss a problem that ( though very real and difficult)

is not the purpose of this list.

Please keep this kind of discussion off the list.

Thank You!

> >

> > ****

> >

> >

> >

> > So tell me something, . If the student sitting behind you in junior

> > high had been white, would you have said, " this white girl sat behind me

> > chewing gum very loudly and it made it hard to concentrate " ? I don't

> > believe you would have. Please leave your racist tendencies out of the

> > conversation, as it is irrelevant to the Misophonia experience. -

> > Hollowell

> >

> > Alright alright, back off . We don't know anything about whether or

> > not is racist. You are right, this is not the place to be talking

> > about racism in general; that means not immediately branding someone as

> > having " racist tendencies " based on how you interpreted a basically

> > innocent statement. If there were an Asian guy behind me being obnoxiously

> > loud on a phone, I might mention the fact that he was Asian because it

> > stood out to me if I'm looking back into a memory and telling you about it,

> > not because I have something against Asians (in fact, I've always been

> > interested in the culture). ****

> >

> > ** **

> >

> > ****

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Chill with the commentary, . We're all hear for Misophonia and not race

issues. That's another board and you should know better than to rile people up

who are trying to seek help in a supportive environment. Maybe I should take

offense that you blame white people for your failing 7th grade math.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since

> > around age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother

> > and sister and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her lips.

> > I started feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

> > One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math

> > class. There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class

> > and it made it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly

> > fantasized about gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was

> > sympathetic and she tried to help but the girl was intimidating and my

> > teacher was shy. I ended up having to test and work on assignments out in

> > the hallway, embarrassed because people who walked the hallways thought I

> > was out there because I was starting trouble.

> > I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the

> > success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still

> > breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens

> > so that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before my

> > son has to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

> > In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously

> > with understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as

> > well. Much love, guys.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm almost exactly your age: 21, soon to be 22. I'm about to graduate with a

B.A. in history and East Asian Languages and Civilizations, and I'm ridiculously

proud of having made it through college with a disability that nobody could

recognize or really accommodate. I think it's especially important to celebrate

milestones in our case, since we had to clear every hurdle with an extra,

invisible millstone around our necks!

To be honest, I just fled shamefully from a really cool conference because I

couldn't take the noises anymore. This Yahoo Group is the place I go to remind

myself that I'm not a freak. Even though neurofeedback may be starting to help a

bit, I still feel like I belong in a circus sometimes.

There seem to be a lot of young people, both teens and college-age, on this

board. Our generation seems pretty lucky: information about misophonia is

growing, and various new treatments are being tried out. Who knows, maybe a

cure is on the horizon!

In short, welcome to the youth contingent of the misophonia avant-garde! None of

us want to be here, but at least we're here together.

-Kate K.

> >

> > > **

> > >

> > >

> > > I'm a 21 year old woman who has been suffering with misophonia since

> > > around age 9. It started out very mild. I remember sitting with my mother

> > > and sister and my sister was eating crunchy cereal while smacking her

lips.

> > > I started feeling irritated and from there it has only gotten worse.

> > > One instance I remember in particular was during my junior year in math

> > > class. There was a black girl who always chewed gum (very loudly) in class

> > > and it made it very hard to concentrate on top of my ADD. I very vividly

> > > fantasized about gouging her eyes out with my pencil. The teacher was

> > > sympathetic and she tried to help but the girl was intimidating and my

> > > teacher was shy. I ended up having to test and work on assignments out in

> > > the hallway, embarrassed because people who walked the hallways thought I

> > > was out there because I was starting trouble.

> > > I'm now the proud mother of an 8 month old baby boy and after hearing the

> > > success stories of NFB, I am super eager to give it a try. I am still

> > > breastfeeding and I had terrible experiences with medications in my teens

> > > so that is out of the question. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before

my

> > > son has to suffer through my episodes of rage when he gets older.

> > > In closing, this group has been fantastic and has helped me tremendously

> > > with understanding this affliction and helping my loved ones understand as

> > > well. Much love, guys.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Kate - you're not alone with the fleeing of conferences! In addition to my

technology day job, I write novels, and going to writing conferences is one of

the most stressful things I do as an author. Workshops. Parties. 500 author book

signings. Meetings with agents and editors in loud, open bars. A week long

writing conference is a marathon, and I plan my days very carefully, making sure

to explicitly schedule time to myself in my hotel room several times every day

so I can decompress. I carry an iPod with me everywhere I go, and sometimes if

there's not enough time to get up to my room between sessions, I'll dip into a

bathroom stall, slip on my headphones, and sit quietly for five minutes without

using the facilities.

You make a great point about there being more awareness and information

available now than there was back when when some of us - including me! - were

young. (I've been dealing with this for over 40 years, and only last year

discovered that there was a name for the syndrome. That it wasn't just me.) But

I think one area where today's youngsters experience more challenges than I

remember is in the classroom. Gum snapping and eating noises simply weren't a

problem back then because gum chewing was not allowed in school. Period. I also

would have a lot of problems with today's classrooms, with all the

tap-tap-tapping (or POUND POUND POUNDING) of laptop keyboards. There have been a

couple of times when I've taught writing classes and have lost my train of

thought because someone in the front row was simply trying to take notes. WHILE

SNAPPING GUM. Gah.

Today's classrooms, whether taking a class for grades or for pleasure and

personal enrichment, are fraught with issues for folks like us. I've lost count

of how many times I've changed seats or tables because the very nice person who

sits down next to me pulls a laptop out of a bag, their mouse is 'clicky', or

they pull a stick of gum out of their purse. I've left workshops and other

events because of the buzzing of fluorescent lights overhead. But when YOU'RE

the teacher, that's not an option. And it's hell. Because it's my problem, not

my students'.

Keep on keeping on!

-Tam

>

> ,

> I'm almost exactly your age: 21, soon to be 22. I'm about to graduate with a

B.A. in history and East Asian Languages and Civilizations, and I'm ridiculously

>

> To be honest, I just fled shamefully from a really cool conference because I

myself that I'm not a freak. Even though neurofeedback may be starting to help a

>

> There seem to be a lot of young people, both teens and college-age, on this

cure is on the horizon!

>

> In short, welcome to the youth contingent of the misophonia avant-garde! None

of us want to be here, but at least we're here together.

>

> -Kate K.

Guest guest

Wow, Tam, you seem to have these things planned out very well. Maybe I should

work on a special plan for conferences and lectures, other than " if stress

reaches critical mass, deploy fingernails " .

-Kate K.

> >

> > ,

> > I'm almost exactly your age: 21, soon to be 22. I'm about to graduate with a

> >

> > To be honest, I just fled shamefully from a really cool conference because I

> >

> > There seem to be a lot of young people, both teens and college-age, on this

cure is on the horizon!

> >

> > In short, welcome to the youth contingent of the misophonia avant-garde!

None of us want to be here, but at least we're here together.

> >

> > -Kate K.

>