Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

I joined three ACM lists today so if you belong to more than this one, you

get to read my intro yet again, except for this one I actually used

Spellcheck ;-)

I am the mom of a seventeen year old daughter w/ACM1. She was diagnosed at

age 7 after repeated headaches caused her pediatrician to refer us to an

ortho, who took x-rays, then referred us for an MRI.

She had the MRI just before New Year's Eve 1999-the dreaded Y2K. I called to

get the results and the MRI tech told me " Um, I can't tell you what the MRI

revealed-only your doctor can-just don't take your daughter to any amusement

parks until he gets back and talks to you. "

WHAT???

To make matters worse, her doctor had left early for a four day weekend. I

burned up the phone lines and his nurse took pity on me and said " Look, I am

going to tell you what she has, just promise me you won't go to the Internet

and look it up " . I, of course did just that as soon as we hung up. I then

spent the four days alternately crying, panicking, denying, and finally

curing the doctor for not calling me and making me wait an eternity.

We saw a neurologist (Dr. Green? Greenburg?) who examined my daughter and

the MRI and he told us that could live a normal life, but she should

watch for back aches, thickening voice, hoarseness.

(my daughter) has been a cheerleader since the age of 7. She gets

headaches in batches, it seems. She will go for weeks w/out one, then gets a

rash of them. So far, ibuprofen or aspirin or Tylenol takes care of them.

This morning she had a bad one (threw up). That has only happened a couple

of times.

I have to admit I don't know much about ACM. The nuero told me, when I asked

if people ever grew out of their headaches, that no one knows because ACM

previously was not diagnosed often until the advent of MRI's.

So I am looking forward to getting to know some people here who have this in

common. I am happy to have found this list :)

Waggoner, CPDT-KA/KPA CTP

Bend, Oregon

www.dogsonthecouch.info

www.freedomdogs.org

~Let your training do your talking

• 1 year later...

I have been following the H4H protocol. My NP turned me onto it. I have not

finished with phase 1. I started in November with compounded thyroid USP and

switched back to NP thyroid (without telling her in late december. I do it

sublingually.) I was tested in early Feb, and my TPO dropped 300 points, my TSH

is close to 1, the lowest it has ever been, and my FT 3 has increased, but not

to an optimum level. I have his ebook, but do not have time to reread it. I am

seeing my NP on Tuesday. I have been taking his recommended supplements,

seleno-methionine, gluatathione (sublingual) NAC and Vitamin A, I may have left

one out....I felt very energetic the first week, but that slowed down when I

decreased to the starting dosage of 60 and then slowly returned as I increased-

I am at 3 grains per day, 180. we'll see what the next phase brings after I see

the NP on Tuesday. Thyroid USP was too expensive. I have not had any issues

with iodine in foods, I had been supplementing with 60 drops of 2.2% Lugols

which I stopped before starting H4H. I have been gluten free, sugar free,no

corn, dairy, soy or processed foods for nearly three years and have lost 60 lbs,

despite being hypothyroid- makes no sense....right now, I feel very good and I

have energy everyday with a busy, full-time work schedule...Hives could be a

detox symptom from when the bromides are removed from the iodine receptors.

>

>

>

> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of

Hashimotos in November.  I gradually worked my way up to 1 grain of Armour

Thyroid before the hives went away.  But after reading " Hope for Hashimotos " I

switched to Synthroid and Cytomel.  Has anyone tried the program outlined in

this book?  I've been gluten free for six weeks and taking the Phase I

supplements for about four weeks.  I'm ready to start Phase II, but nervous

about reintroducing iodine.  Every time I accidentally ingest some, I break out

into hives!  (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that eggs

contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >

> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on this

list.

> >

> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and

support.   Bonnie

> >

> >

>

Congrats on going without gluten and so many other things for three years! I'll be curious to hear how you do when you start Phase II.As for the hives, they started six months before I was diagnosed with Hashis...at the time I had no idea what was causing them. But they seem to be a built-in system for measuring my antibodies. To: Thyroiditis Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:33 PM Subject: Re: Intro

I have been following the H4H protocol. My NP turned me onto it. I have not finished with phase 1. I started in November with compounded thyroid USP and switched back to NP thyroid (without telling her in late december. I do it sublingually.) I was tested in early Feb, and my TPO dropped 300 points, my TSH is close to 1, the lowest it has ever been, and my FT 3 has increased, but not to an optimum level. I have his ebook, but do not have time to reread it. I am seeing my NP on Tuesday. I have been taking his recommended supplements, seleno-methionine, gluatathione (sublingual) NAC and Vitamin A, I may have left one out....I felt very energetic the first week, but that slowed down when I decreased to the starting dosage of 60 and then slowly returned as I increased- I am at 3 grains per day, 180. we'll see what the next phase brings after I see the NP on Tuesday. Thyroid USP was too expensive. I have not had any issues with iodine

in foods, I had been supplementing with 60 drops of 2.2% Lugols which I stopped before starting H4H. I have been gluten free, sugar free,no corn, dairy, soy or processed foods for nearly three years and have lost 60 lbs, despite being hypothyroid- makes no sense....right now, I feel very good and I have energy everyday with a busy, full-time work schedule...Hives could be a detox symptom from when the bromides are removed from the iodine receptors.

>

>

>

> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of Hashimotos in November. I gradually worked my way up to 1 grain of Armour Thyroid before the hives went away. But after reading "Hope for Hashimotos" I switched to Synthroid and Cytomel. Has anyone tried the program outlined in this book? I've been gluten free for six weeks and taking the Phase I supplements for about four weeks. I'm ready to start Phase II, but nervous about reintroducing iodine. Every time I accidentally ingest some, I break out into hives! (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >

> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on this list.

> >

> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and support. Bonnie

> >

> >

>

Hi Bonnie,

Does Dr Haskell prefer the synthetic thyroid replacement? Why did you switch? Do

you feel better on the synthetic T3 and T4?

Can you tell us a bit about the Hope for Hashimoto's Plan?

I know two women who take synthetic T4 for their hives, the T4 keeps their hives

at bay. Neither are hypoT sccording to Free T3/4 labs but the hives return when

the T4 is stopped. Also, there is some speculation that an inflamed thyroid

gland may be releasing something that causes the hives, but most doctors do not

seek the root cause and just give the T4.

One common cause that is usually overlooked for hives is infection with the

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria. You may want research and discuss that

with your doc.

FWIW, Synthroid may not be gluten-free.

Best

~Bj

>

>

>

> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of

Thyroid before the hives went away.  But after reading " Hope for Hashimotos " I

into hives!  (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that eggs

contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >

> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on this

list.

> >

> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and

support.   Bonnie

> >

> >

>

Hi BJ,Yes, Dr. Haskell believes that Armour Thyroid is not good for Hashimotos. His reasoning is that "when this glandular is swallowed and the pig thyroid cells are broken apart by the enzymes in the stomach, both the enzyme thyroperoxidase and the protein thyroglobulin are released. If and when this enzyme and protein are absorbed by the small intestine, the immune system will be triggered since with Hashimotos the antibodies are primed and on the lookout for either one of these or both." To answer your other question, no I do not feel better on the Synthroid and Cytomel. Perhaps I'm not taking enough (50mcg and 10mcg, respectively.) I was on one grain of Armour.The basic premise of Hope for

Hashimotos is to start by taking a whole list of supplements that are designed to nourish the thyroid and reduce inflammation. At the same time, you must increase the hormones until your TSH is below 1.0. It is also necessary to avoid both gluten and iodine. In Phase II, you gradually reintroduce iodine to get your thyroid producing its own hormones again. As you increase the iodine, you can decrease the meds (monitored by your resting heart rate.) Eventually you should be able to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of medicine you must take.My doctor tested for a whole lot of things, and I'm not sure if H. Pylori was one of them but he did put me on antibiotics (along with H2 blockers and antihistamines.) But nothing made the hives go away until I started the Armour Thyroid and gradually increased it to 1

grain.Too bad that the meds are not gluten free. I guess I am grateful I don't have Celiacs! Bonnie To: Thyroiditis Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 7:42 PM Subject: Re: Intro

Hi Bonnie,

Does Dr Haskell prefer the synthetic thyroid replacement? Why did you switch? Do you feel better on the synthetic T3 and T4?

I know two women who take synthetic T4 for their hives, the T4 keeps their hives at bay. Neither are hypoT sccording to Free T3/4 labs but the hives return when the T4 is stopped. Also, there is some speculation that an inflamed thyroid gland may be releasing something that causes the hives, but most doctors do not seek the root cause and just give the T4.

One common cause that is usually overlooked for hives is infection with the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria. You may want research and discuss that with your doc.

Best

~Bj

>

>

>

> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of Hashimotos in November. I gradually worked my way up to 1 grain of Armour Thyroid before the hives went away. But after reading "Hope for Hashimotos" I switched to Synthroid and Cytomel. Has anyone tried the program outlined in this book? I've been gluten free for six weeks and taking the Phase I supplements for about four weeks. I'm ready to start Phase II, but nervous about reintroducing iodine. Every time I accidentally ingest some, I break out into hives! (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >

> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on this list.

> >

> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and support. Bonnie

> >

> >

>

I just wanted to chime in. I have been on Armour 3gr for over a year now. This is the most stable my thyroid has been in 15 years. I have both Hashi's and Graves and my TPO antibodies were 1036 before starting it. I will have to check soon what they are now. I wholeheartedly believe in Armour as a viable treatment for Hashi's. I was on Synthroid and the thyroid was so unstable and my levels fluctuated wildly. I had three miscarriages in just over a year. After starting Armour, I was able to get pregnant and am now 30 weeks with a healthy baby (tons of tests and ultrasounds). I hate that people are against Armour when it is a really great medication for those like me who do not respond well to synthetic versions. To: "Thyroiditis " <Thyroiditis > Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:04 PM Subject: Re: Re: Intro

Hi BJ,Yes, Dr. Haskell believes that Armour Thyroid is not good for Hashimotos. His reasoning is that "when this glandular is swallowed and the pig thyroid cells are broken apart by the enzymes in the stomach, both the enzyme thyroperoxidase and the protein thyroglobulin are released. If and when this enzyme and protein are absorbed by the small intestine, the immune system will be triggered since with Hashimotos the antibodies are primed and on the lookout for either one of these or both." To answer your other question, no I do not feel better on the Synthroid and Cytomel. Perhaps I'm not taking enough (50mcg and 10mcg, respectively.) I was on one grain of Armour.The basic

premise of Hope for

Hashimotos is to start by taking a whole list of supplements that are designed to nourish the thyroid and reduce inflammation. At the same time, you must increase the hormones until your TSH is below 1.0. It is also necessary to avoid both gluten and iodine. In Phase II, you gradually reintroduce iodine to get your thyroid producing its own hormones again. As you increase the iodine, you can decrease the meds (monitored by your resting heart rate.) Eventually you should be able to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of medicine you must take.My doctor tested for a whole lot of things, and I'm not sure if H. Pylori was one of them but he did put me on antibiotics (along with H2 blockers and antihistamines.) But nothing made the hives go away until I started the Armour Thyroid and gradually increased it to 1

grain.Too bad that the meds are not gluten free. I guess I am grateful I don't have Celiacs! Bonnie To: Thyroiditis Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 7:42 PM Subject: Re: Intro

Hi Bonnie,

Does Dr Haskell prefer the synthetic thyroid replacement? Why did you switch? Do you feel better on the synthetic T3 and T4?

I know two women who take synthetic T4 for their hives, the T4 keeps their hives at bay. Neither are hypoT sccording to Free T3/4 labs but the hives return when the T4 is stopped. Also, there is some speculation that an inflamed thyroid gland may be releasing something that causes the hives, but most doctors do not seek the root cause and just give the T4.

One common cause that is usually overlooked for hives is infection with the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria. You may want research and discuss that with your doc.

Best

~Bj

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

,I'm glad that Armour is working for you and congratulations are your pregnancy! I too felt better on the Armour, but I did not have my antibodies tested. I don't think Dr. Haskell is against Armour; he uses it for hypothyroidism. He is just saying that he doesn't prescribe it for Hashis anymore because it can trigger an immune system response, and Hashis is first and foremost an autoimmune condition. The idea of his program is to get off of ALL thyroid meds eventually. He is a Naturopath. Of course we all have to do what works for us as we are all different. Best wishes. Bonnie To: "Thyroiditis " <Thyroiditis > Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:40 AM Subject: Re: Re: Intro

I just wanted to chime in. I have been on Armour 3gr for over a year now. This is the most stable my thyroid has been in 15 years. I have both Hashi's and Graves and my TPO antibodies were 1036 before starting it. I will have to check soon what they are now. I wholeheartedly believe in Armour as a viable treatment for Hashi's. I was on Synthroid and the thyroid was so unstable and my levels fluctuated wildly. I had three miscarriages in just over a year. After starting Armour, I was able to get pregnant and am now 30 weeks with a healthy baby (tons of tests and ultrasounds). I hate that people are against Armour when it is a really great medication for those like me who do not respond well to synthetic versions. To: "Thyroiditis " <Thyroiditis > Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:04 PM Subject: Re: Re: Intro

Hi BJ,Yes, Dr. Haskell believes that Armour Thyroid is not good for Hashimotos. His reasoning is that "when this glandular is swallowed and the pig thyroid cells are broken apart by the enzymes in the stomach, both the enzyme thyroperoxidase and the protein thyroglobulin are released. If and when this enzyme and protein are absorbed by the small intestine, the immune system will be triggered since with Hashimotos the antibodies are primed and on the lookout for either one of these or both." To answer your other question, no I do not feel better on the Synthroid and Cytomel. Perhaps I'm not taking enough (50mcg and 10mcg, respectively.) I was on one grain of Armour.The basic

premise of Hope for

Hi Bonnie,

Best

~Bj

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for replying so quickly. One thing I notice is that you may have

misunderstood what Dr. Haskell meant about the thyroid antibodies. Or, if not,

then he is not explaining very well how Hashis actually works. That is not

surprising to me as this happens quite often. This is likely where the confusion

happens when doctors pass the wrong info on to their patients or don't take the

time to clearly explain what these anti-thyroid antibodies really do.

We all should realize that Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a chronic inflammatory

autoimmune disease that can damage our thyroid glands. The thyroid is a victim

of the autoimmune system gone haywire. It is NOT a thyroid disease (which many

mistakenly believe); the thyroid is the targeted victim and eventually damaged

thyroid function is seen in the majority of patients.

Killer lymphocytes are what actually destroy thyroid cells, *not* antiTPO or

antiTG antibodies. The antiTPO/antiTG antibodies are formed to clean up damaged

thyroid cells. So, when these antibodies are present in the blood stream that

means thyroid tissue has ALREADY been damaged by our immune systems' Killer

T-cells.

To repeat and stress, antiTPOabs and antiTGabs are made AFTER the thyroid cells

are damaged by the killer T cells, which causes thyroperoxidase and

thyroglobulin to leak out of the damaged thyroid cells. This signals the immune

system to make antiTPOabs and antiTGabs to clean up the spillage. The antiTPO

and antiTG abs are formed strictly for the purpose of being compliant, they

clean up the damaged cells that cause inflammation.

So, when these abs are present and are picked up on a blood test we know some

destruction has already occurred to the thyroid and we also know that there is

inflammation and autoimmunity going on as well.

Some things that cause Hashi autoimmunity are: poor liver function, gut

dysfunction, gut infection, food intolerances, a sluggish pituitary gland,

excess estrogen - too many thyroid-binding proteins in the blood stream, and

immune dysfunction. Risk factors for Hashis may include gluten

intolerance/Celiac, insulin resistance, PCOS, estrogen fluctuations, vitamin D

deficiency, chronic infection, inflammation, and heavy metals or environmental

pollants.

The killer lymphocytes are on the lookout for anything to attack, *not* just

natural desiccated thyroid.

NDT has saved my life, like , I do not do well on the synthetic drugs.

Contradictory to what Dr Haskell believes Armour and other NDT meds, iodine,

selenium and changing my diet has all helped in lowering my antiTPOabs from over

20,000 to 87 and my antiTGab count was over 5,000 and now at 53. I will always

need NDT daily, but I was able to significantly lower my dosage once I fixed my

vit/min deficiencies, resolved gut and liver issues, changed my diet/lifestyle

and by modulating my immune system.

Thanks for the info on the H4H plan. And I do hope you find great improvement,

too.

Please keep us updated,

~Bj

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of

into hives!  (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that

eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >> >

> >> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on

this list.

> >> >

> >> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and

support.   Bonnie

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

CONGADULATIONS! So glad to hear that things are coming together for you. That

little baby is so lucky to have you as a mom.

Please let us know all about it. My daughter is due in April, so I will get to

be grandma to a little girl. So excited!

Many HAPPY returns,

~Bj

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of

into hives!  (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that

eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >> >

> >> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on

this list.

> >> >

> >> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and

support.   Bonnie

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Hi Bj,Thanks for you clarification. It is very informative! I'm keeping your message so I can refer to it.I don't see anything at odds with what you said and my quote from the book. To me, it doesn't matter whether the antibodies are good guys or bad guys; if they are present, then there is (or was) inflammation. If the antibodies are on the lookout for thyroglobulin and thyroperoxidase, then it doesn't matter whether they come from our own damaged thyroid cells or from dessicated thyroid. Also, the author says they "can" trigger an immune response (not that they "will" trigger an immune response.) To me this means maybe they will and maybe they won't.One thing in the book that is at odds with your description, however, is use of the term

"disease." The author states that Hashis is an autoimmune "condition" and that it CAN be cured. Hence the title. I do have hope, but I'm new to this and I know many of you have been suffering for years.I am glad (and envious) that you are able to consume iodine. Every time I inadvertently include the tiniest amount in my diet, I break out into hives. Bonnie To: Thyroiditis

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 3:00 PM Subject: Re: Intro

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for replying so quickly. One thing I notice is that you may have misunderstood what Dr. Haskell meant about the thyroid antibodies. Or, if not, then he is not explaining very well how Hashis actually works. That is not surprising to me as this happens quite often. This is likely where the confusion happens when doctors pass the wrong info on to their patients or don't take the time to clearly explain what these anti-thyroid antibodies really do.

We all should realize that Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that can damage our thyroid glands. The thyroid is a victim of the autoimmune system gone haywire. It is NOT a thyroid disease (which many mistakenly believe); the thyroid is the targeted victim and eventually damaged thyroid function is seen in the majority of patients.

Killer lymphocytes are what actually destroy thyroid cells, *not* antiTPO or antiTG antibodies. The antiTPO/antiTG antibodies are formed to clean up damaged thyroid cells. So, when these antibodies are present in the blood stream that means thyroid tissue has ALREADY been damaged by our immune systems' Killer T-cells.

To repeat and stress, antiTPOabs and antiTGabs are made AFTER the thyroid cells are damaged by the killer T cells, which causes thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulin to leak out of the damaged thyroid cells. This signals the immune system to make antiTPOabs and antiTGabs to clean up the spillage. The antiTPO and antiTG abs are formed strictly for the purpose of being compliant, they clean up the damaged cells that cause inflammation.

So, when these abs are present and are picked up on a blood test we know some destruction has already occurred to the thyroid and we also know that there is inflammation and autoimmunity going on as well.

Some things that cause Hashi autoimmunity are: poor liver function, gut dysfunction, gut infection, food intolerances, a sluggish pituitary gland, excess estrogen - too many thyroid-binding proteins in the blood stream, and immune dysfunction. Risk factors for Hashis may include gluten intolerance/Celiac, insulin resistance, PCOS, estrogen fluctuations, vitamin D deficiency, chronic infection, inflammation, and heavy metals or environmental pollants.

The killer lymphocytes are on the lookout for anything to attack, *not* just natural desiccated thyroid.

NDT has saved my life, like , I do not do well on the synthetic drugs. Contradictory to what Dr Haskell believes Armour and other NDT meds, iodine, selenium and changing my diet has all helped in lowering my antiTPOabs from over 20,000 to 87 and my antiTGab count was over 5,000 and now at 53. I will always need NDT daily, but I was able to significantly lower my dosage once I fixed my vit/min deficiencies, resolved gut and liver issues, changed my diet/lifestyle and by modulating my immune system.

Thanks for the info on the H4H plan. And I do hope you find great improvement, too.

Please keep us updated,

~Bj

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of Hashimotos in November. I gradually worked my way up to 1 grain of Armour Thyroid before the hives went away. But after reading "Hope for Hashimotos" I switched to Synthroid and Cytomel. Has anyone tried the program outlined in this book? I've been gluten free for six weeks and taking the Phase I supplements for about four weeks. I'm ready to start Phase II, but nervous about reintroducing iodine. Every time I accidentally ingest some, I break out into hives! (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and that eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >> >

> >> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone on this list.

> >> >

> >> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge and support.  Bonnie

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie,

Hashimoto's is *lymphocytic thyroid cell infiltration* leading to thyroid cell

destruction, production of scar tissue and often permanent loss of thyroid

function. Hashis is an *itis* type of disease - yielding inflammation due to

lymphocytes entering the gland directly.

Hypothyroidism is a condition often the result of Hashis. The two terms are not

interchangeable, but often used that way. Hashimoto's is considered an

autoimmune disease while Hypothyroidism is a condition.

I try not to get concerned over the terminology. For some thyroid patients being

healed is a very practical option similar to reversing Diabetes, type 2.

You are correct in that the antiTPO and antiTG antibodies mean that there is

inflammation. However, these antibodies are formed AFTER our immune system has

mistakenly damaged our thyroid cells. The ONLY function of antiTPo/antiTG

antibodies is to clean up damaged thyroid cells. They do NOT look for damaged

thyroid cells outside of the thyroid gland. They are exclusive to the thyroid.

They are not good or bad they are what they are.

The lymphocytes, however, CAN mistake other tissue as invading and damage it for

a mixture of reasons. This is a complicated process.

The idea should be to NOT focus on the antibody count or the terminology of

disease vs condition (disorder, sickness, illness, syndrome, problem, health

difficulty or ailment etc).

Instead, we should seek out the root cause of why our individual autoimmune

system got out of balance in the first place and then try to fix that, which can

be a very complicated and a lengthily process for most of us.

Whether we end up completely healed depends on a lot of things, but I do know

that a quality diet has made a huge difference.

To wellness,

~Bj

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >> After six months of suffering from hives, I finally got a diagnosis of

Thyroid before the hives went away.  But after reading " Hope for Hashimotos "

I switched to Synthroid and Cytomel.  Has anyone tried the program outlined

in this book?  I've been gluten free for six weeks and taking the Phase I

about reintroducing iodine.  Every time I accidentally ingest some, I break

out into hives!  (Who knew that there was iodine in figs, cranberries, and

that eggs contain more iodine than canned tuna!)

> >> >> >

> >> >> >I'd be curious to know if Dr. Haskell's program has worked for anyone

on this list.

> >> >> >

> >> >> >I've been reading all the messages, and am impressed by the knowledge

and support.   Bonnie

> >> >> >

> >> >> >

> >> >>

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >