RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: CT Scans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now, I am afraid to have my CTScan that is scheduled for next week. I will look it up online. I guess I could cancel it.Barbara

I get a CT scan every six months..dont let all the naysayers scare you into not doing what you need to do for optimal health and detection, Barbara..

everything in moderation ..remember that..

Sandie in MD

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpFor each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food,For love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends.Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

Thanks for the reminder Sandie, Eileen-FLSunniesback55@... wrote: Now, I am afraid to have my CTScan that is scheduled for next week. I will look it up online. I guess I could cancel it.Barbara I get a CT scan every six months..dont let all the naysayers scare you into not doing what you need to do for optimal health and detection, Barbara.. everything in moderation ..remember that.. Sandie in MD Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpFor each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food,For love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends. Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage.

Guest guest

Why would they actually "need" to do one every six months? How does this benefit you, the patient, I wonder? A second opinion on the need for such frequent scans from a radiologist or pulmonologist in another medical group (not connected with your doct ors) might be a good idea.

they have detected a ' spot' on my lower left lobe..he orders the scans to check for changes ..possibly just scar tissue from all the infections I've had..I'm 57

Sandie in MD

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpCheck out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

If I hadn't had so much previous diagnostic radiation I wouldn't have been so concerned about a single CT scan. From my reading, though, having a CT scan every six months is a whole lot of radiation. The pulmonologist told me that the treatment for bronch wouldn't be changed by a CT because they are treating each person's symptoms, which can be slightly different for each individual. The CT just gives the doctors a more precise idea of what's going on. I don't know how old you are, but those huge doses of radiation are extremely damaging to one's DNA, and the younger a person is, the more he or she should avoid large or frequent radiation exposure. Why would they actually "need" to do one every six months? How does this benefit you, the patient, I wonder? A second opinion on the need for such frequent scans from a radiologist or pulmonologist in another medical group (not connected with your doct

ors) might be a good idea.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Sunniesback55@...

Now, I am afraid to have my CTScan that is scheduled for next week. I will look it up online. I guess I could cancel it.Barbara

I get a CT scan every six months..dont let all the naysayers scare you into not doing what you need to do for optimal health and detection, Barbara..

everything in moderation ..remember that..

Sandie in MD

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpFor each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food,For love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends.

Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

Maybe if the spot doesn't change after a year or so they can do the scans less frequently? I have abdominal ultrasounds for a couple cysts in my liver. The doctor said if they don't grow between yearly scans I can stop having them every year. I know it's a totally different situation than what you're dealing with, but hopefully they will decide it is just scar tissue, as you say.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Sunniesback55@...

Why would they actually "need" to do one every six months? How does this benefit you, the patient, I wonder? A second opinion on the need for such frequent scans from a radiologist or pulmonologist in another medical group (not connected with your doct ors) might be a good idea.

they have detected a ' spot' on my lower left lobe..he orders the scans to check for changes ..possibly just scar tissue from all the infections I've had..I'm 57

Sandie in MD

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them Up

Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

Hi Nyzki,

Thx – and I wish same for you too!!

I have to say I prefer CT to old methods, and also don’t want to go on like this for another 1-2-3 or whatever months.... If I do have IV it’s likely I’ll have a PICC line put in b/c my 3 available veins are so scarred and had such a hard time even using baby canulas - and pain!!!! Having a PICC means I don’t have to stay in hospital but can be home, live more or less normally, I think someone checks it daily, or I’d go to the community health centre which is nearby... Not sure of those sort of details, guess I’ll know when I need to know.

It’s 2pm here, so much be late night where you are?? I have spells where I just can’t seem to get sleep before 1 or 2am, then sleep in daytime, or just really hyper at some stages of infx. Odd little things....!

How long is your course of abx this time – 7, 10 or 14 days? I’d check up on the pain in your side - it may be not related, but w stuff we have, it’s better to find out... I have gut probs w abx, but so far (touch wood) not toooo much trouble w kidneys.. - don’t forget many painkillers are poss worse for kidneys than abx.

Wishing you good recovery, soon,

joy