RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

meditiation to help ASD symptoms

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm researching something right now for myself and it just dawned on me that this could be something incredibly beneficial for our kids. I stumbled upon this website http://www.centerpointe.com/ which has a program called Holosync. It's a very salesmanshippy type of a site, which turned me off at first. I just ended up ordering the free trial kit to check it out at home. It looks very interesting. Basically it is CD's with specialized frequencies to put you in a meditative state. They claim that it will:

Increase melatonin leels (on average by 97.7%)

decrease cortisol (on average 47.47%)

increase DHEA levels (on average of 43.77%)

release emotional blocks

better sleep

produce in the brain many neurochemicals proven to slow aging

increase motivation and confidence

improved mental abilities

reduction in stress and anxiety

improved health, mental and emotional well being

increase focus, concentration, memory and learning ability

creates a balance between the two hemespheres of the brain (brain synchronization)

increased production of endorphins

It's basically working with the brain waves to make new neural connections and put the brain in a state where the above can happen.

I used to do yoga and would get into a very short meditative state and it felt really good. I would ride on that high for a few hours after the session. I've been reading one of Deepok Chopra's books and half of the book he preaches about the importance of meditation. Our pastor even mentioned the importance of meditating each day. So meditation crosses through all of the religious realms it seems to me.

I'm not saying this will work for our kids, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this program or meditation for their kids? I'm thinking that meditation may be essential for us parents who are highly stressed. I'm going to try the free little CD they sent and see if it puts me in a meditative state. Also.. is going through Neurofeedback right now. (a very specialized type, not the cookie cutter Drake Institute type) I'm thinking that this may be a good enhancement or possibly a substitute for that. But I need to research that more.

Take care,

Tami