RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: MINDFULNESS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kavy, thanks so much for sharing that!

It so clearly shows fusion and then defusion, fusion, defusion... and so on... the observing of the mind and being the observing self, I love it.

Like you, I go through this process thousand times a day - on a mindfull kind of a day, that is. I find it easy to do it at home and when by myself, but much more difficult once with people and at work. Hopefully, it will happen there too with time. You are right, with mindfulness come moments of joy and freedom, just like the one you describe.

After reading a lot about it, I realised that mindfulness really needs to be practiced and that's the only way. It looks to me as if that's exactly what you've been doing. Am really glad for you, K

Mindfulness

I looked in the mirror today and I looked old and I thought oh well, I guess it's kind of all downhill from now on. I felt depressed but I said thanks mind I carried on mindfully until tea break. Since being nervously ill I have developed hypoglycaemia and many allergies so food is dead boring and unless I eat loads of fat I get stomach acid problems. As I ate my stodgy food I felt fat and I said `thanks mind' when I had visions of becoming a very fat misshapen old man. I then carried on mindfully (as best as I can as it is always difficult) and enjoyed the food.I've stopped playing the guitar at the moment because I have some RSI in my arm and it feels my dreams are in ruins and I say `thanks mind' for telling me that I can't be happy or fulfilled now. There's a pain in my hips again and the last time it happened it stopped me dancing for 2 years because I thought that would make it worse. I

thank my mind for telling me it's all over and that there is nothing to look forward too anymore, and I carry on mindfully. I realise this pain has been on and off for years and won't stop me dancing.A couple of times a week I will go to lindy hop and there are some lovely women there but I have no sex drive and I thank my mind for telling me that my dreams of finding my sweetheart is over, and I carry on being mindful enjoying the sounds around me. Later in the day I feel I'm getting this ACT stuff because by being mindful the past and future is not so relevant and somehow it feels kind of OK in the present. It's a really strange feeling but today I'm aware that something wonderful is happening and I'm in awe of how powerful ACT can be. Know wonder there's so much fuss and excitement about ACT, I say to myself.Anyhow, I tell myself I have adrenal exhaustion which makes you put on

weight, crave fatty food, makes your joints ache, more prone to RSI, kills your sex drive, etc, etc, etc…., so all this will go one day soon and I will be free. `Yes', I go, `free', 'and one day it will be all over and I will be Magnificent as I always knew I was'. Then all of a sudden there is canon fire and smoke and all around me I see black and white squares and I'm on the back of the White Queen with my beautiful silver lance. Some white pawns to my left are making a decoy moving up ahead, and to my right the bishops and knights are all charging in. `Heehaw', I go, `let's get those black pieces off the board once and for all, I can win this - I can'.... I then I realise what's going on and I thank my mind for entangling me yet again and I bring my mind back to mindfulness and the present moment which has this safe humble feel which is rather nice.I'm really pleased with my ACT

today.Kavy

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.