RemedySpot.com

Zumba, chest, swimming, x-ray results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I went to Zumba again.  It was the same instructor, very fun, but.... well... it was exactly the same as last week except she switched out one of the cooldown songs.  I know that by the end of next week I will be big time bored with this if it the same songs and dances :/  as I need constant variety.  Not sure why this is the case because with Turbo Kick I don't mind doing the same round for a few weeks.  Hmm.

I met up with Fatal Attraction who went to do the eliptical while I did chest, same machines and weights as last time. I went first to the steam room to get warm, and now I'm at the point where I could probably fall asleep in there and be just fine, though I can still only stand about 5 minutes in the sauna before I feel like I'm suffocating.

Anyway, this man came in and started making loud exhalation noises, and then a loud belch.  I mean really, was that necessary? Next he started singing in a foreign language.  I could feel my stress level start to rise, but then he got up and left.  As he did so, however, this older man  came in and a minute later I tell ya by the noises he was making it sounded like he was jacking off.  I finally gathered up the courage to look over and he was doing fast leg raises on one leg. Whew!  But, eeeeewww!   It wasn't pretty.   The sign on the door specifically says no exercising or shaving in the steam room.  Gheesh! 

Lastly, I went swimming and something ufun happened.  I was doing one lap of breast stroke then one lap of crawl stroke when this woman got in the fast lane next to me.  After she was in there for awhile the varsity swimmer in me awoke from her slumber.  Normallly I am NOT a competitve person, but when I went to push off on the wall I saw she was ahead of me and by God, I was going to beat her to the end.  I kicked and crawl stroked with all my might and finesse and made it to the end before here.  It was fun having someone to push me like that!  That's what I would often do during swim practice.

I love swimming laps.  You would think it would be boring but it is so meditative, hearing the bubbles come out through your nose under the water, the sensual feeling of water all around you, supporting you, ruminating and attending to wandering thoughts.  I love it.

Got the x-ray results on my foot.  Not broken!  Yay!  I guess I might have a " ganglion " , whatever that is.  I need to look it up.Off to bed!