RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

valtrex

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi! I'm new to the group and about to start on Valtrex. I have two questions, are the regressions you all have seen mostly behavioral or verbal? My son is a week away from Kindergarten, so I fear starting it now when he already has so much to adjust to. Yet, if the results are good, I'd like to get him started while I have a week before school. Any thoughts? Sharisa

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

my son, nick, who is 5 1/2 years old, has made enormous progress since starting valtrex last july 9th. after the first few bouts with fevers and rashes, he quickly learned his alphabet, began reading well above his age level, spelling, drawing absolutely beautiful pictures, saying his colors, shapes, all animals, etc. and is speaking more clearly. he is picking up language so much more quickly that we can just ask him to say a word, ANY word, and he will. he now speaks in sentences and will verbally request things that he wants. all of the aforementioned emerged after starting valtrex. none of it was present prior to. i could hardly get nick to hold a crayon for a scribble let alone have him draw an elaborate drawing of a house, garage, driveway, flowers..... etc. etc. there are many more gains socially as he now will say hello and goodbye + a name. he says "nite, nite.. sleep tite" whenever we go to bed. he can

read full books and LOVES to read now. he would NEVER let me read him a book prior to valtrex. he was only interested in looking at the pictures. now, we read together. he is doing so well in school that he no longer qualifies for occupational therapy. at his recent IEP meeting, everyone involved said how BLOWN AWAY they are at his progress... that they've never seen a child progress so quickly and steadily as nick has. there are so many more acheivements that he's made since starting valtrex. but.. my question is, when do i stop? it's coming up on a year since starting and i certainly don't want to stop early and i don't want to stop too late meaning i don't want him to take it longer than he has to and risk it being too harsh on his liver or kidneys.does anyone know, stan maybe, when the best time is to stop?thanks in advance, guys :)traceyebrischoux

wrote: My son had no regression...we started at 1/3 of the recommened dose and worked up every two weeks by 1/3..so it took longer but was worth not having any regression...my son reacts poorly to EVERYTHING....this was a good one for him....Eileen>> Hi! I'm new to the group and about to start on Valtrex. I have two questions, are the regressions

you all have seen mostly behavioral or verbal? My son is a week away from Kindergarten, so I fear starting it now when he already has so much to adjust to. Yet, if the results are good, I'd like to get him started while I have a week before school. Any thoughts? Sharisa> __________________________________________________________> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.>

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.

Guest guest

No (visible) side effects, Valtrex has been the single best intervention

we've ever done. Tom had raised liver enzymes so we had to stop and I

was gutted. I think we are slowly losing the gains but he is a different

boy since starting anti-viral medications. (still on Imunovir)

Sara x

Guest guest

No (visible) side effects, Valtrex has been the single best intervention

we've ever done. Tom had raised liver enzymes so we had to stop and I

was gutted. I think we are slowly losing the gains but he is a different

boy since starting anti-viral medications. (still on Imunovir)

Sara x

Guest guest

We had great success with Valtrex and difflucan for Josh aged 5. I don't remember any side effects so if there were any they can't of been too bad. He has been on the therapy for almost 1 year now and in that time has made amazing gains. I did start HBOT at the same time as the Valterx and Difflucan so it is impossible to say exactly which is responsible for the gains although my feeling is that the Valtrex and difflucan have been equally responsible. For Josh this therapy has literally been life changing :-)We did this under Dr G but I was very influenced by Stan kurtz antiviral approach and I pushed for the drug combinations recommended in his research! At first Josh wasn't put on enough difflucan and had a yeast flare but as soon as he was in alinement with what Stan Kurtz recommended we got that under control and things just kept going from strength to strength!! In my personal experience I wouldn't recommend starting Valtrex until I had read Stan's antiviral protocol!http://www.tacanow.org/family-resources/a-comprehensive-antiviral-approach/Good lucklis x

We did this exact combination under Dr. G supervision for our 5 year old and it has been all good. No side effects, just a calmer child who is making gains. Just come off the diflucan now and so will be watching carefully and managing yeast intake.Good luck! Eimear Z To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Saturday, 25

February 2012, 19:53:36 Subject: VALTREX

Hi, I'm hoping some of you can give me good advice and share your experiences:

Dr. G wants us to try Valtrex and Diflucan on my 6yr old son - I agree as it seems like his main problem is viral (gut is pretty ok now that we reduced yeast significantly but we don't want it to flare up of course). All I read is horror stories of children going bonkers on it so here are my questions:

1. Did anyone experience gains without major side effects like aggression? do these cases exist?

2. Do you get the aggression / regression even if you give Diflucan with the Valtrex?

3. Those who experienced major side effects, do they go away after a while and how long? are we going to have a kicking and screaming child for 9 months or does it get better after a few weeks?

Really apprehensive about this - I know it's the right thing to try and owe it to my son to try but want to hear more from other parents before I embark on this journey.

Thanks for anything you can share, Joanna

Guest guest

We had great success with Valtrex and difflucan for Josh aged 5. I don't remember any side effects so if there were any they can't of been too bad. He has been on the therapy for almost 1 year now and in that time has made amazing gains. I did start HBOT at the same time as the Valterx and Difflucan so it is impossible to say exactly which is responsible for the gains although my feeling is that the Valtrex and difflucan have been equally responsible. For Josh this therapy has literally been life changing :-)We did this under Dr G but I was very influenced by Stan kurtz antiviral approach and I pushed for the drug combinations recommended in his research! At first Josh wasn't put on enough difflucan and had a yeast flare but as soon as he was in alinement with what Stan Kurtz recommended we got that under control and things just kept going from strength to strength!! In my personal experience I wouldn't recommend starting Valtrex until I had read Stan's antiviral protocol!http://www.tacanow.org/family-resources/a-comprehensive-antiviral-approach/Good lucklis x

We did this exact combination under Dr. G supervision for our 5 year old and it has been all good. No side effects, just a calmer child who is making gains. Just come off the diflucan now and so will be watching carefully and managing yeast intake.Good luck! Eimear Z To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Saturday, 25

February 2012, 19:53:36 Subject: VALTREX

Hi, I'm hoping some of you can give me good advice and share your experiences:

Dr. G wants us to try Valtrex and Diflucan on my 6yr old son - I agree as it seems like his main problem is viral (gut is pretty ok now that we reduced yeast significantly but we don't want it to flare up of course). All I read is horror stories of children going bonkers on it so here are my questions:

1. Did anyone experience gains without major side effects like aggression? do these cases exist?

2. Do you get the aggression / regression even if you give Diflucan with the Valtrex?

3. Those who experienced major side effects, do they go away after a while and how long? are we going to have a kicking and screaming child for 9 months or does it get better after a few weeks?

Really apprehensive about this - I know it's the right thing to try and owe it to my son to try but want to hear more from other parents before I embark on this journey.

Thanks for anything you can share, Joanna

Guest guest

Thank you all for your encouraging messages, I shall take a deep breath and give

this a try! Joanna x

>

> >

> > We did this exact combination under Dr. G supervision for our 5 year old and

it has been all good. No side effects, just a calmer child who is making gains.

Just come off the diflucan now and so will be watching carefully and managing

yeast intake.

> >

> > Good luck! Eimear Z

> >

> >

> > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> > Sent: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 19:53:36

> > Subject: VALTREX

> >

> >

> > Hi, I'm hoping some of you can give me good advice and share your

experiences:

> > Dr. G wants us to try Valtrex and Diflucan on my 6yr old son - I agree as it

seems like his main problem is viral (gut is pretty ok now that we reduced yeast

significantly but we don't want it to flare up of course). All I read is horror

stories of children going bonkers on it so here are my questions:

> > 1. Did anyone experience gains without major side effects like aggression?

do these cases exist?

> > 2. Do you get the aggression / regression even if you give Diflucan with the

Valtrex?

> > 3. Those who experienced major side effects, do they go away after a while

and how long? are we going to have a kicking and screaming child for 9 months or

does it get better after a few weeks?

> > Really apprehensive about this - I know it's the right thing to try and owe

it to my son to try but want to hear more from other parents before I embark on

this journey.

> > Thanks for anything you can share, Joanna

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you all for your encouraging messages, I shall take a deep breath and give

this a try! Joanna x

>

> >

> > We did this exact combination under Dr. G supervision for our 5 year old and

yeast intake.

> >

> > Good luck! Eimear Z

> >

> >

> >

> >

experiences:

> > Dr. G wants us to try Valtrex and Diflucan on my 6yr old son - I agree as it

seems like his main problem is viral (gut is pretty ok now that we reduced yeast

do these cases exist?

> > 2. Do you get the aggression / regression even if you give Diflucan with the

Valtrex?

and how long? are we going to have a kicking and screaming child for 9 months or

this journey.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

this a try! Joanna x

>

> >

yeast intake.

> >

> > Good luck! Eimear Z

> >

> >

> >

> >

experiences:

do these cases exist?

Valtrex?

this journey.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>