> > was

> > > > preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure

> > > > remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever

> > > > really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29

> > > > week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even

> > > > perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no

> > underlying

> > > > reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if

> > > > hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not.

> > > > Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression...

> > > > Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its

> > > > time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so

> > long

> > > > Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any

> > input ??

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

But I want to see the trend and blips with such things as CT, meds.Plotting 1/Cr enables one to predict when dialysis will be needed once GFR is below normal. CE Grim MDOn Dec 15, 2011, at 10:11 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: If creatine and Glom filt rate tests within normal range them most likely kidneys are still OK. > > > > > > > > From: Katt Abdallah <kattabdallah77@> > > > > Subject: Conns dx > > > > To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > > > > > > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K > > > > since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 > > > > weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it > > was > > > > preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure > > > > remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever > > > > really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 > > > > week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even > > > > perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no > > underlying > > > > reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if > > > > hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. > > > > Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... > > > > Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its > > > > time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so > > long > > > > Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any > > input ?? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I'm sure most everyone in this group shares your bafflement over how so many doctors could miss so many red flags. When my flank pain got so bad that I made an appointment with my doctor I was sent home with Vicodin for the "pulled muscle" that was diagnosed. I knew it wasn't a pulled muscle and that's what sent me to the Internet to do my own research.As far as suing Kaiser, I think you would spend a lot of time and effort that will come to naught. If I'm not mistaken any dispute with Kaiser is automatically sent for an internal arbitration, you cannot sue them directly. Proving negligence is not easy. There has to be more than not knowing something for them to be considered negligent. I think that you do not need the added stress of this kind of case. You've been under enough stress already just trying to cope with your symptoms.

Concentrate on managing your Conn's and educating yourself and Kaiser about it.As Dr. Grim mentioned, I should have added something about my loss of kidney function to my thumbnail sketch. Kaiser gave me a CT scan to find out if my adenomas were on the right or left side, turning out to be both sides for me. The use of the Contrast Dye in the CT scan tanked my kidney's. Kaiser says that the dye having an adverse affect on the kidney's is "very rare", but I really wonder if it is all that rare in someone who has had high BP for many years, because the BP pills don't work when the real problem is PA. With chronic high BP your kidney's have already been under stress for some time so it may not take much to send them over the edge. I had been given a kidney function test a very short time before my CT scan, and then again another one a few days after. The loss of function was dramatically shown right

there on the tests. Only Dr. Grim, no other Doctor, told me to look for a connection. Kaiser never did make the connection without my pointing it out. So please be careful if they send you for a CT scan. I would ask if it can be done without Contrast Dye?One more thing. I has taken me slightly over a year from starting treatment for Conn's to feeling really well. It did take my body a while to adjust to its new reality of lower BP, and less kidney stress, and for me to really be able to embrace my low sodium existence. My kidney's have so far regained some of their functionality due to my lower BP. So don't give up hope if you don't feel 100% of where you want to be. It's a process not an instant fix. DianneF - 69, bi-lateral adenomas, 75mg Spiro, 37.5 mg. Atenolol, dramatic loss of kidney function due to contrast dye used during CT

scan. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

A while back I was having difficulty urinating, diagnosed with NEUROGENIC BLADDER, FLACCID. Given an anti hpertensive, and sent on my way. Could this be related to conns or kidney function?

Guest guest

My friend, a malpractice attorney, has done many cases suing Kaiser.  I do think there is a statute of limitations, however.  Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Dianne strongAs far as suing Kaiser, I think you would spend a lot of time and effort that will come to naught. If I'm not mistaken any dispute with Kaiser is automatically sent for an internal arbitration, you cannot sue them directly. Proving negligence is not easy. Can kaiser be held accountable for negligence in cases like these?

Guest guest

One cannot Dx neurogenic bladder without putting fluid into your bladder and measuring pressure as the bladder fills. Was this done?What symptoms were you having?CE Grim MD A while back I was having difficulty urinating, diagnosed with NEUROGENIC BLADDER, FLACCID. Given an anti hpertensive, and sent on my way. Could this be related to conns or kidney function?

Guest guest

And how many times a night do u get up to pee. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

I would feel the urge to urinate, and sit there for quite a bit waiting to urinate.

Guest guest

I get up at least once at night to pee.

And how many times a night do u get up to pee. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

I would feel the urge to urinate, and sit there for quite a bit waiting to urinate.

Guest guest

For how long have you been doing this? Common symptom of PA.CE Grim MD I get up at least once at night to pee. And how many times a night do u get up to pee. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension I would feel the urge to urinate, and sit there for quite a bit waiting to urinate.

Guest guest

For as long as I remember. Also there are nights that I get up several times. I'm talking up to 6 times.

For how long have you been doing this? Common symptom of PA.CE Grim MD I get up at least once at night to pee. And how many times a night do u get up to pee. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension I would feel the urge to urinate, and sit there for quite a bit waiting to urinate.