RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Carolyn:

I totally agree that there is likely to be a metals and yeast problem. Antibiotics have been shown to effect the body's ability to rid heavy metals and also all those antiobiotics were bound to have caused yeast overgrowth. I have found the best probiotic for my family to be Mindlinx. We actually did not need to take probiotics anymore since taking this only one month. It caused a permanent change in our stools, for the better, and a permanent decrease in some symptoms. Its found at http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/product.asp?itemid=1091

Fighting yeast can be quite tricky. There are many products, but it just seems to keep coming back, but often not as strong. Diet, and safe, long-term yeast inhibitors will most like be a good idea once you get much of the yeast reduced. What have you already tried and are you using a doctor? I am actually glad to hear that your son has a lot of colds because many children have such weak immune systems that they don't even have the ability to fight the colds. Thus, they get the germs, but don't react to them with mucous and such. Actually, his colds might be from the yeast. I would definitely start with getting the yeast reduced and giving him some good microflora. He may get a good reduction in symptoms from that. I started treatments on one of my children when he was 14, and I have had great results, so don't worry that your son is already 10. My son went from special needs school to regular school with no modifications, thus that is pretty wonderful. I am still in the process of ridding his pathogens, and he has some symptoms left. I can't wait till there all gone. Welcome to this forum!

Heidi NStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Heidi N,

Thank you for all the information! My son has not yet seen a doctor

about this as of yet. I wanted to get some research in before I set

the appointment so I would have some idea of what we were talking

about. I have done very little research thus far.

Can you give me an idea of how the detoxification works and what is

involved. What type of a diet is used, ect. I am so new to all of

this that I am unsure of where to begin, so I thought here might be a

good start. ;)

Carolyn

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

I just also wanted to say welcome to the board. I would've chimed in sooner but I've been sick as a dog...and that's an understatement. I know you're in good hands with Heidi. Just my 2 cents here, but once you get used to the diet, it becomes like second nature. you just have to take the plunge. A good resource for a GFCF shopping list is: www.talkaboutcuringautism.org

Tami DuncanPresident and Co-Founderwww.liafoundation.orgPlease help our mission of research, awareness and education by participating in our "Holiday Giving Program" Click here for details: http://www.firstgiving.com/liafoundation For online shopping at your favorite stores, join iGive and a donation will go to LIAF just by shopping for the Holiday's. http://www.iGive.com/LIAFoundation

I have read a little bit about Feingold and GFCF diets but are unfamiliar with the others you mentioned. I'll have to do some research on GFCF diet recipes. Time is a problem more than the cost. I guess I can start with organic foods and find GFCF alternatives for the things my son loves. Do the health food stores have alot in the way of GFCF alternatives? I tried Silk Milk and he really hated it. My son is really going to have an issue with not getting Happy Meals though. Any information you can share is defiantely appreciated as I muttle my way through this. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. :)

CarolynAmbitionn01aol wrote:

Truthfully, many have great luck with diet, so that is a safe place to start, and since some symptoms go away with diet, you will have less symptoms to worry about treating. I think what I do will work for your son since he does not appear to be very severe. The ones who have severe food allergies and symptoms sometimes have to do other diets, like SCD, rotation diets, feingold diet, and there may be more. I do the gf-cf diet, which is probably the most popular. I thought the diet thing was quite overwhelming, so I waited till last, but I have learned so much now, that I know that even when everyone is cured, we will still have to keep a better diet. Thus, diet is very recommended, but everyone needs to choose what they can do based on their finances, time, etc. This is what we do, and even if you do one thing or implement things slowly, it will be helpful. We eat no wheat, no barley, no rye, no dairy. Swiss cheese is actually allowed, but I would not eat it often. No MSG, which is pretty much in nearly every processed food and non-organic foods. But, just reduce it as much as possible. MSG is also called by many other names, like natural flavorings, and hydrolyzed yeast. No aspartame, it turns into toxins in the body. No unorganic apples (they have dioxin which is toxic. No unorganic corn, since most corn is genetically modified with live viruses and bacteria. Pretty much we eat organic and drink organic fruit juices. Eat small amounts of sugar, preferably organic. No preservatives, especially the ones in meat. Hormel makes bacon that has no preservatives. You just have to read more when you shop. The goal is to rid pathogens and toxins, but the problem is that these toxins in our foods weaken our blood brain barrier, allowing pathogens into our brains. And also, somehow, gluten from wheat makes pathogens grow. There is such a big connection between wheat and pathogens, that going off of wheat is reportedly helping many people with many diagnoses. Weird huh, since so many of us eat wheat. But, they say the wheat is genetically modified and we can no longer digest the gluten in it, which goes throughout our body feeding pathogens.

Digestive enzymes are great as well as probiotics for a good start. How to rid pathogens and toxins, well that can be done many ways. Its good to get the stomach into some kind of good shape before ridding them though, so the body will be able to handle it better.

Heidi N

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

I have read a little bit about Feingold and GFCF diets but are unfamiliar with the others you mentioned. I'll have to do some research on GFCF diet recipes. Time is a problem more than the cost. I guess I can start with organic foods and find GFCF alternatives for the things my son loves. Do the health food stores have alot in the way of GFCF alternatives? I tried Silk Milk and he really hated it. My son is really going to have an issue with not getting Happy Meals though. Any information you can share is defiantely appreciated as I muttle my way through this. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. :) CarolynAmbitionn01@... wrote: Truthfully, many have great luck with diet, so that is a safe place to start, and since some symptoms go away with diet, you will have less symptoms to worry about treating. I think what I do will work for your son since he does not appear to be very severe. The ones who have severe food allergies and symptoms sometimes have to do other diets, like SCD, rotation diets, feingold diet, and there may be more. I do the gf-cf diet, which is probably the most popular. I thought the diet thing was quite overwhelming, so I waited till last, but I have learned so much now, that I know that even when everyone is cured, we will still have to keep a better diet. Thus, diet is very

recommended, but everyone needs to choose what they can do based on their finances, time, etc. This is what we do, and even if you do one thing or implement things slowly, it will be helpful. We eat no wheat, no barley, no rye, no dairy. Swiss cheese is actually allowed, but I would not eat it often. No MSG, which is pretty much in nearly every processed food and non-organic foods. But, just reduce it as much as possible. MSG is also called by many other names, like natural flavorings, and hydrolyzed yeast. No aspartame, it turns into toxins in the body. No unorganic apples (they have dioxin which is toxic. No unorganic corn, since most corn is genetically modified with live viruses and bacteria. Pretty much we eat organic and drink organic fruit juices. Eat small amounts of sugar, preferably organic. No preservatives, especially the ones in meat. Hormel makes bacon that has no

preservatives. You just have to read more when you shop. The goal is to rid pathogens and toxins, but the problem is that these toxins in our foods weaken our blood brain barrier, allowing pathogens into our brains. And also, somehow, gluten from wheat makes pathogens grow. There is such a big connection between wheat and pathogens, that going off of wheat is reportedly helping many people with many diagnoses. Weird huh, since so many of us eat wheat. But, they say the wheat is genetically modified and we can no longer digest the gluten in it, which goes throughout our body feeding pathogens. Digestive enzymes are great as well as probiotics for a good start. How to rid pathogens and toxins, well that can be done many ways. Its good to get the stomach into some kind of good shape before ridding them though, so the body will be able to handle it

better. Heidi N Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.