Guest guest

Pilonidal cyst & DMSO/CS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As anyone who has ever suffered this malady will know, a pilonidal cyst is

really just a pocket of pus at the base of the spine. It is excrutiatingly

painful when fully inflamed and lancing it is total torture. Been there,

done that.

30+ years ago I had an appointment with a general surgeon to cut mine out.

He was a very helpful man who advised me about a simple non-surgical

technique to try before surgery. It was, in a nutshell, to stay fastidiously

clean back there. I did, and it worked, I never had the problem again,

avoided surgery, all this after 3-4 years of the problem. I was about 20 at

the time.

An employee of mine has really been going through the gauntlet with this

thing. He has had it lanced twice, then had outpatient surgery to clean it

out about 6 weeks ago. He thought all was well and skipped his followup.

Last week, he was hobbled again.

I mixed up about 10% DMSO and 90% Mesosilver and told him top rub that on it

every chance he got. I also told him to go back to the doctor to get that

thing cleaned out again but when the DMSO/CS made it better, he ignored the

other advice.

Daddybob

Guest guest

Mine flares up every once in awhile but doesn't seem to be as bad as you are describing your employee is going thru. Last time it flared up (3 months ago), I used hot compresses soaked in epsom salt. I didn't have any DMSO on hand. But I would like to try the DMSO and the Mesosilver next time.

Cheri

http://community.webshots.com/user/kokosmom2

http://www.akcrallyobedience.comRally signs, cards, collars, totes and more!

Pilonidal cyst & DMSO/CS

As anyone who has ever suffered this malady will know, a pilonidal cyst isreally just a pocket of pus at the base of the spine. It is excrutiatinglypainful when fully inflamed and lancing it is total torture. Been there,done that.30+ years ago I had an appointment with a general surgeon to cut mine out.He was a very helpful man who advised me about a simple non-surgicaltechnique to try before surgery. It was, in a nutshell, to stay fastidiouslyclean back there. I did, and it worked, I never had the problem again,avoided surgery, all this after 3-4 years of the problem. I was about 20 atthe time.An employee of mine has really been going through the gauntlet with thisthing. He has had it lanced twice, then had outpatient surgery to clean itout about 6 weeks ago. He thought all was well and skipped his followup.Last week, he was hobbled again.I mixed up about 10% DMSO and 90% Mesosilver and told him top rub that on itevery chance he got. I also told him to go back to the doctor to get thatthing cleaned out again but when the DMSO/CS made it better, he ignored theother advice. Daddybob

Guest guest

I had a pilonidal cyst that responded to Boil Ease and a hot water

bottle placed on it. When I awoke from a nap, it had drained. Of

course, a doctor friend drained a little more out with pressure.

I guess I was forturnate.

jp

As anyone who has ever suffered this malady will know, a pilonidal cyst isreally just a pocket of pus at the base of the spine. It is excrutiatinglypainful when fully inflamed and lancing it is total torture. Been there,done that.30+ years ago I had an appointment with a general surgeon to cut mine out.He was a very helpful man who advised me about a simple non-surgicaltechnique to try before surgery. It was, in a nutshell, to stay fastidiouslyclean back there. I did, and it worked, I never had the problem again,avoided surgery, all this after 3-4 years of the problem. I was about 20 atthe time.An employee of mine has really been going through the gauntlet with thisthing. He has had it lanced twice, then had outpatient surgery to clean itout about 6 weeks ago. He thought all was well and skipped his followup.Last week, he was hobbled again.I mixed up about 10% DMSO and 90% Mesosilver and told him top rub that on itevery chance he got. I also told him to go back to the doctor to get thatthing cleaned out again but when the DMSO/CS made it better, he ignored theother advice. Daddybob