RemedySpot.com

Re: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, i have done it and it works. i also got the idea from that

website. i stopped b/c my GI told me not to use metamucil. he said

it was constipating. i disagree. i am only using the kondremul

(emulsified mineral oil) now, b/c it seems to be working without the

metamucil. it seems once i got my son going with the metamucil, i

havent needed it anymore. but the website will tell you that you

need to use both to make it work. i do use the metamucil when i

notice my son getting irregular again. you have to play with the

dosage, but from what i understand it is not habit forming,

metamucil or mineral oil, and it can cause no harm to them. my

sister was on the metamucil for a year in grade school b/c she broke

her tailbone in gymnastics. she said it really help her to have

soft poops that didnt hurt her bottom. that is why i will use it

when i need to. hope this helps.

kelly

>

> http://askwaltstollmd.com/cons.html

> Remembering Our Little Boy...

> Every Second of Every Day

> Baker

> October 19, 2004~October 30, 2005

>

Just wanted to say I have tried it on my son for the last few days now. Working great! I am giving the mineral oil at night, just like it says. When I went to the store to buy it, I couldn't remember the name of the fiber supplement, I ended up getting the Fiber, so I am using it instead. It is working great! Really great, it is early yet, but he is going now. He was really really backed up. He doesn't give me any problems taking it at all. No flavor. I highly recommend at least trying it. I will keep you posted on how it works out in the long run. Cody has had serious constipation issues since he was 2, he is now 11. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08), Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:21:50 PMSubject: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

http://askwaltstoll md.com/cons. html

Remembering Our Little Boy...Every Second of Every Day BakerOctober 19, 2004~October 30, 2005

Deanna,

I have also had luck with the mineral oil but I think I gave too much and both of mine have a lot of orange oil discharge....not real pleasant. But it has been working but b/c of this discharge I haven't given them any the past two nights to clear this up. Tonight I gave two teaspoons each of flax seed oil. So just curious on how much you have been given your son to get results but not the discharge. Thanks

--------- Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

Remembering Our Little Boy...Every Second of Every Day BakerOctober 19, 2004~October 30, 2005

Deanna,

I wouldn't want to use mineral oil, I'd try something else, it's a petro-chemical................have you tried a probiotic?

Subject: Re: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?To: miralax Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 1:45 PM

Just wanted to say I have tried it on my son for the last few days now. Working great! I am giving the mineral oil at night, just like it says. When I went to the store to buy it, I couldn't remember the name of the fiber supplement, I ended up getting the Fiber, so I am using it instead. It is working great! Really great, it is early yet, but he is going now. He was really really backed up. He doesn't give me any problems taking it at all. No flavor. I highly recommend at least trying it. I will keep you posted on how it works out in the long run. Cody has had serious constipation issues since he was 2, he is now 11. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08) , Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/ 08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:21:50 PMSubject: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

I am glad it is working for you, I also am a bit concerned. I have a hard time believing it isnt absorbed and it is a petrochemical. Even my pediatrician is leary of it and wont recommend it. Have you tried flax oil? Dr. Sears recommends that over mineral oil.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T081100.asp Dr. sears 10 step plan for treating constipation.

From: deanna gentry <dkg116yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 1:45 PM

Just wanted to say I have tried it on my son for the last few days now. Working great! I am giving the mineral oil at night, just like it says. When I went to the store to buy it, I couldn't remember the name of the fiber supplement, I ended up getting the Fiber, so I am using it instead. It is working great! Really great, it is early yet, but he is going now. He was really really backed up. He doesn't give me any problems taking it at all. No flavor. I highly recommend at least trying it. I will keep you posted on how it works out in the long run. Cody has had serious constipation issues since he was 2, he is now 11. Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08) , Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/ 08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:21:50 PMSubject: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

Deanna, It also coats the stomach like baby oil and they cannot absorb anything BUT the mineral oil...................this will probably not be good for Cody. Don't be suprised if you see rashes and some of the Miralax behavior, it's a petrochemical..............and he cleary had a reaction the first time around..............I'd try a probiotic, he NEVER had a problem before this event.....................I feel so bad for him, my heart goes out to you and your family, Deanna.................

Jeanie

From: deanna gentry <dkg116yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?To: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 1:45 PM

GREAT! I am so frustrated with this constipation crap!!! Deanna,Fort Worth, TexasMom to Cody age 10, Dx: EE (2/08), Guilliam Barre Syndrome(3/08), Epstein Barr Virus-Mono(6/08), Environmental Allergies (mountain cedar & cats)(3/08), Eczema (since birth).

To: miralax Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:24:45 PMSubject: Re: Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?

I am glad it is working for you, I also am a bit concerned. I have a hard time believing it isnt absorbed and it is a petrochemical. Even my pediatrician is leary of it and wont recommend it. Have you tried flax oil? Dr. Sears recommends that over mineral oil.

http://www.askdrsea rs.com/html/ 8/T081100. asp Dr. sears 10 step plan for treating constipation.

Hi,

sorry to jump in here but I just read your post and wanted to clarify. Are you using both mineral oil and metamucil or just mineral oil? I am pretty desperate and I don't think it would be great for my son but my arsenal for what to use is kind of empty at this point.

Thanks,

Carole Has anyone tried the Mineral Oil and Metamucil?