RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Your opinion is requested

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Robbin I am going to buy the Breville Ikon multispeed fountain! I think I wouldnt like using the nut bag all the time! I looked online & i think bed bath & beyond carries them. I am waiting on my tax refund & then I am getting one. Patti From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:28 AM Subject: Re: Your opinion is requested

I don't know juicing but I think the Breville products are far and above the best on the market. I'd not think twice about it and go for the Breville.TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 31, 2012, at 9:07 AM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

I have a vitamix 5200c and a juice man professional series which I bought several year ago. I want to drink more " juices״.I want a weigh in here of all opinionsDo I buy a nut bag- not a whole lot o time in my life now Or. Buy a Breville juicer for the ease of the cleanup and dry pulp?•Robbin

Guest guest

Oh & if you go to their site they have a video on that juicer :) Patti From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:28 AM Subject: Re: Your opinion is requested

I don't know juicing but I think the Breville products are far and above the best on the market. I'd not think twice about it and go for the Breville.TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 31, 2012, at 9:07 AM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

I have a vitamix 5200c and a juice man professional series which I bought several year ago. I want to drink more " juices״.I want a weigh in here of all opinionsDo I buy a nut bag- not a whole lot o time in my life now Or. Buy a Breville juicer for the ease of the cleanup and dry pulp?•Robbin

Guest guest

Ooops - my bad, I should have read all of the messages before replying :-)What is it about the nut milk bag that you think you would not like. If there was a juice press made especially for pressing the juice out of pulp in a nut milk bag, would you consider that over a Breville?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 31, 2012, at 10:22 AM, patti wrote:

Robbin I am going to buy the Breville Ikon multispeed fountain! I think I wouldnt like using the nut bag all the time! I looked online & i think bed bath & beyond carries them. I am waiting on my tax refund & then I am getting one. Patti From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:28 AM Subject: Re: Your opinion is requested

Guest guest

Well I guess I might if there was a juice press! I was thinking with the nut bag i would need more than one... then the squeezing, not sure how had that is. I have some arthritis in my hands and then would the squeezing color your hands? Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:44 AM Subject: Re: Your opinion is requested

Ooops - my bad, I should have read all of the messages before replying :-)What is it about the nut milk bag that you think you would not like. If there was a juice press made especially for pressing the juice out of pulp in a nut milk bag, would you consider that over a Breville?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Guest guest

The squeezing would be a pain (literally) if you have arthritis. And yes, if you are doing green or especially beet juice, your hands get colored (if you don't use gloves) I use the non-latex gloves that I demonstrate with if I'm using beets - I can do a fair job of getting the green juice off of my finger nails.

On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:03 AM, patti wrote:

Well I guess I might if there was a juice press! I was thinking with the nut bag i would need more than one... then the squeezing, not sure how had that is. I have some arthritis in my hands and then would the squeezing color your hands? Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:44 AM Subject: Re: Your opinion is requested

Guest guest

Lea Ann, it seems with the VM you process all the fruits and veggies and then transfer everything to the bag, milk the bag. Clean the bag and the vm. - RobbinOn Jan 31, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Lea Ann, when leaving for work in the morning the nutmilk bag would seem to be an arduous process.- RobbinOn Jan 31, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

The squeezing would be a pain (literally) if you have arthritis. And yes, if you are doing green or especially beet juice, your hands get colored (if you don't use gloves) I use the non-latex gloves that I demonstrate with if I'm using beets - I can do a fair job of getting the green juice off of my finger nails.

On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:03 AM, patti wrote:

Guest guest

Yes, that is the process. I have a very good juicer for greens which is very easy to clean, but after using it for about a week, I went back to the Vitamix and nut milk bag because even though it is a hassle, it isn't as much of a hassle as cleaning the 10 pieces of the juicer EVEN though all I have to do is rinse the pieces - there are still 10 of them…And BTW, just to make sure that people reading this understand - I ONLY "juice greens" - never beets, carrots, or fruits. I ALSO drink one Green Smoothie (usually an all veggie one) in addition to the Green Juice. So I'm also getting the fiber from greens as well as a second glass of the juice from greens.Consuming a pound of greens (in the form of juiced and some blended with fiber) is my own personal "reboot" and it's working fantastically for me. I'm still eating other solid foods, so I'm not doing the same kind of "reboot" that everyone else is doing because my adrenals can't handle an extensive detox - my "elimination pathways" aren't open enough for me to detox like that.The pound of greens per day has made me feel so good that I might just do it for the rest of my life...

On Jan 31, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Robbin wrote:

Lea Ann, it seems with the VM you process all the fruits and veggies and then transfer everything to the bag, milk the bag. Clean the bag and the vm. - RobbinOn Jan 31, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Lea Ann , I don't think I can do a total juice reboot either. Three days I tried and I feel so dizzy and cold. It's awful. I do know that the more fruits and veggieS I eat, the better I feel. I think I need to do your regiment •Robbin On Jan 31, 2012, at 6:12 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes, that is the process. I have a very good juicer for greens which is very easy to clean, but after using it for about a week, I went back to the Vitamix and nut milk bag because even though it is a hassle, it isn't as much of a hassle as cleaning the 10 pieces of the juicer EVEN though all I have to do is rinse the pieces - there are still 10 of them…And BTW, just to make sure that people reading this understand - I ONLY "juice greens" - never beets, carrots, or fruits. I ALSO drink one Green Smoothie (usually an all veggie one) in addition to the Green Juice. So I'm also getting the fiber from greens as well as a second glass of the juice from greens.Consuming a pound of greens (in the form of juiced and some blended with fiber) is my own personal "reboot" and it's working fantastically for me. I'm still eating other solid foods, so I'm not doing the same kind of "reboot" that everyone else is doing because my adrenals can't handle an extensive detox - my "elimination pathways" aren't open enough for me to detox like that.The pound of greens per day has made me feel so good that I might just do it for the rest of my life...

On Jan 31, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Robbin wrote:

Guest guest

Lea Ann said:   " I ONLY " juice greens " - never beets, carrots, or fruits. " If you don't mind my asking why?Stacey

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes, that is the process.  I have a very good juicer for greens which is very easy to clean, but after using it for about a week, I went back to the Vitamix and nut milk bag because even though it is a hassle, it isn't as much of a hassle as cleaning the 10 pieces of the juicer EVEN though all I have to do is rinse the pieces - there are still 10 of them…

And BTW,  just to make sure that people reading this understand - I ONLY " juice greens " - never beets, carrots, or fruits.  I ALSO drink one Green Smoothie (usually an all veggie one) in addition to the Green Juice.  So I'm also getting the fiber from greens as well as a second glass of the juice from greens.

Consuming a pound of greens (in the form of juiced and some blended with fiber) is my own personal " reboot " and it's working fantastically for me.  I'm still eating other solid foods, so I'm not doing the same kind of " reboot " that everyone else is doing because my adrenals can't handle an extensive detox - my " elimination pathways " aren't open enough for me to detox like that.

The pound of greens per day has made me feel so good that I might just do it for the rest of my life...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

<:)))><

Guest guest

Never mind Lea Ann---got it from the other thread!!  And Thank You for this info!!!  This makes sense to me.  Sorry I know you posted what a typical day of meals looks like for you---I can't seem to find that---would you point me in the right direction or re-post please?

Thanks so much!StaceyOn Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:49 PM, ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> wrote:

Lea Ann said:   " I ONLY " juice greens " - never beets, carrots, or fruits. "

If you don't mind my asking why?Stacey

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes, that is the process.  I have a very good juicer for greens which is very easy to clean, but after using it for about a week, I went back to the Vitamix and nut milk bag because even though it is a hassle, it isn't as much of a hassle as cleaning the 10 pieces of the juicer EVEN though all I have to do is rinse the pieces - there are still 10 of them…

And BTW,  just to make sure that people reading this understand - I ONLY " juice greens " - never beets, carrots, or fruits.  I ALSO drink one Green Smoothie (usually an all veggie one) in addition to the Green Juice.  So I'm also getting the fiber from greens as well as a second glass of the juice from greens.

Consuming a pound of greens (in the form of juiced and some blended with fiber) is my own personal " reboot " and it's working fantastically for me.  I'm still eating other solid foods, so I'm not doing the same kind of " reboot " that everyone else is doing because my adrenals can't handle an extensive detox - my " elimination pathways " aren't open enough for me to detox like that.

The pound of greens per day has made me feel so good that I might just do it for the rest of my life...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

<:)))><

Guest guest

Hi Stacey,I am always reluctant to post my diet because it is always evolving as I find new things that help me. But for what it is worth, this is what is working for me and how I'm eating now…AMa small bowl of fermented veggies (sauerkraut, ginger carrots, kim chee, etc.)about 1/4 cup of grass fed ground beef (I keep some cooked up in a container in the fridge and dole a little bit out for breakfast)coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed) full-fat coconut milk for cream, steviaspoon full of coconut butter to end the meal (I make my own coconut butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes sweetened with stevia)LUNCHone pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag) I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter DINNER:A Bone Broth Soup (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet)with the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in. Organic bones and meat.After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too)- dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (it is my dessert and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me).If I find myself between batches of Bone Broth Soup, I eat steamed veggies and a meat, or I blend up another Cold Green Soup, but this time I blend the greens in the Vitamix retaining the fiber OR I blend up a Hot Green Soup - /message/18207This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, increased my energy, and helped me drop 5 lbs. (I was already at a healthy weight wearing size 8 jeans - they just don't fit so tight anymore :-).

On Jan 31, 2012, at 8:21 PM, ssummers1 tds.net wrote:

Never mind Lea Ann---got it from the other thread!! And Thank You for this info!!! This makes sense to me. Sorry I know you posted what a typical day of meals looks like for you---I can't seem to find that---would you point me in the right direction or re-post please?

Thanks so much!Stacey

Guest guest

How do you manage that when you do your road trips?

>

> Never mind Lea Ann---got it from the other thread!! And Thank You for this

info!!! This makes sense to me. Sorry I know you posted what a typical day of

meals looks like for you---I can't seem to find that---would you point me in the

right direction or re-post please?

>

> Thanks so much!

>

> Stacey

>

Guest guest

I've only been doing this since my last show. My last show was a WFM where I purchased green juice from their juice bar every day of the show. By the end of the show I had more energy than the beginning! So, I decided to keep it up.This last show was a Sam's Club and there is usually a slow period around 3PM and I usually take a break at that time. I can assure you that there were a few strange looks as people saw me "milking" that bag of green juice!!!My next show is another WFM (in lin, TN) and it will be easier (but more expensive :-) if I use their juice bar, but I might still make my own because the juice I make is VERY rich with nutrients because I can squeeze every last drop (almost) out of the nut milk bag (even more if I use my citrus press) but the machine at the juice bar produces a more watery drink. Also, because of their machine (which doesn't juice greens well) they have to use a lot of cucumber. My green juices are just lemon and greens (and sometimes 1/2 of a cucumber).I bring my jar of fermented veggies, my container of cooked grass fed beef, and my over sized mason jar full of bone broth/soup to keep in in the hotel. Staying on the diet during a show isn't so hard. It will be MUCH harder when I take a side trip to go see my parents in Missouri after this upcoming show. My mom has a Vitamix, so I'll still be able to do the green juices, will probably just eat salads and steamed veggies and meats (and I'll bring along my fermented veggies) for the rest of my meals…Hopefully this strict diet won't last forever. Once I get my gut bacteria re-balanced, I should be able to eat a greater variety of foods…

On Feb 1, 2012, at 5:52 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

How do you manage that when you do your road trips?