RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

TMJ

Rate this topic

Guest guest

TMJ stands for Tempomandibular Joint. It's your jaw joint, for lack of a better way of putting it. If you have TMJ, your jaw joint is misaligned for some reason (I have TMJ due to tendency to clench my teeth in times of stress - my front teeth are actually cracked from that little habit, and as soon as I get my braces off I'm getting them bonded - woohoo Hollywood!)

Due to the misalignment, it creates an uneven wear pattern in your tempomandibular joint. This can cause problems ranging from clicking noises when chewing to actually locking up and prohibiting you from opening or closing your mouth (very unpleasant). It's also a source of uneven tooth wear and bind numbing headaches.

C./subscribe/Plagiocephaly

----- Original Message -----

Plagiocephalyonelist

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 2:46 AM

Subject: Re: Developmental Problems

From: & Kendra <kbgarv@...> TMJ???? Misswiles@... wrote: From: Misswiles@... In a message dated 3/2/2000 6:57:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, crain@... writes: << 've been told by Grace's cranio doc. that she could run into TMJ and eyesight problems if her plagio isn't treated. On the other hand, her pediatrician said she would suffer no ill effects if it's left untreated >> We have been told that Will will have TMJ problems if we don't resolve the problems underlying the facial assymetry. In fact, we will have to have surgery on his jaw because of the ssymetry resulting from torticollis. I would not listen to your pediatrician unless he is experienced in cranio-facial problems. Dana