RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

/ snow / stairs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, I asked offlist for more explanation and she kindly wrote back:I'm actually in Michigan (MI) and we don't have nearly as many words for snow as they do in Alaska but we have enough. Not too many differentiators for rain though we do seem to get enough rain, not like you do though. Anyway, a blizzard is a humongous snow storm. It takes up a lot of geography and tons of snow is coming down from the sky plus blowing around and they can last hours or even days. Blizzards dump many inches or feet of snow (we had one last year that lasted about a day or so and dumped about 2 feet of snow). They're often very dangerous to drive through and highways get closed because of them. A snowsquall covers a small amount of territory, like an isolated rain shower. They are usually very brief (minutes) and come out of nowhere (blizzards can be predicted). There is a lot of blowing snow and they're annoying, especially if you're driving because they can cause whiteouts (can't see anything but snow) but they usually don't dump a lot of new snow.In the Pacific NW we have lots of words for rain but not so much for snow. Thank you for edjumukating me! As for the stairs: if I even take

2 weeks off I have to start back from the beginning, so ideally it's something you would do every day. What I found worked:Day 1: 5 flights of stairsDay 2: Off - you'll probably be sore if you're not used to thisDay 3: 7 flights of stairsDay 4: 7 flights of stairsDay 5: 10 flightsOn Monday when you're back at work and have had the weekend to recover you can start out at 10 flights and try to get up to 15 by the end of the week. It's hard work, but easier (for me) than the pushup challenge and I'll tell you what - when I did the stairs every single work day with Randy my jeans never felt better! When I was doing stairs I got to my lowest adult weight at 165. Up and down the apples and pears,"L. Stuparyk" wrote: Hi ! Goodness, I’m guessing you couldn’t be much further away from me in the weather dept right now! J A snowsquall is a nasty little snow storm that happens on the shores of the Great Lakes. Starts with hard little snow pellets, then snow that blows around and closes highways. So far we just

have the starter pellets, but soon enough the big flakes will come...sigh. And I LIKE winter. Heh. I’m just volunteering at the local museum, although because my little town is a county seat, it’s quite a large museum. Mostly I’m catalogueing artifacts, but I did get talked into decorating yesterday. Sorry, I meant ice hockey is expensive. Dues, and equipment, and trips...and kids grow out of everything every year. Skates alone are ridiculous in price. 30 flights of stairs! Oh my. I really should find a place to do some serious stairs...I know it’s a great workout, but I really hate how it makes my legs ache. Not the good ache, either. The one that says’ boy did I overdo it yesterday’. LOL From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of Pink Pussycat Sent: October 29,

2008 1:18 PM To: exercisevideos Subject: /stairs comment , what's a snowsquall, and what kind of museum do you work at? I love museums, and my soul has been thirsting for an art fix for some time. I remember playing floor hockey in PE in school and it was the one team sport I was actually good at. Tons of fun. Why is it expensive? A plastic puck and a stick and maybe a net should be all you need for street hockey, right? Is this done with roller blades? The stairs are KILLER! Sometimes I do 7-10 flights on my pm break at work, and I'm always huffing and puffing at the end, and my calves are what usually hurts the most the next day. When I was good and doing the stairs every day I eventually got up to doing all 30 flights in our building,

but I had a very in shape stair parnter whose partner was a personal trainer so he made me work it! I called Randy my Stair Master LOL