RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

-OT Kindergarten

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

My DD's school starts on the 27th - wow, the 18th is really early! Do they get out early in June to make up for the early start?

Lunches are a big struggle b/c my DD doesn't like sandwiches or any other "lunch" type food. She is really a picky eater - partially my fault, I'm sure, b/c I have always catered to her tastes and haven't pushed her to try new things.

I hate to admit it - but for camp I gave her lunchables - (which to me is a big waste of money and packaging! Plus I don't think they are that great nutritionally) she ate those for awhile though, but then stopped eating them (now I have about 3 or 4 in the fridge that I need to eat - blech!). She also liked, get this, the frozen PB & Jelly sandwiches - she would not eat PB & J that I made - only those - so again a huge waste of money and packaging for me! (She had them at a friends house, which is where she "discovered" them!) She has sort of lost interest in those as well. She does eat yogurt consistently, so I give her that. She'll occassionally eats cottage cheese. Sometimes she'll eat cheese and crackers. I always pack some raw veggies - tomatoes, carrots, pea pods,e tc. and she'll for the most part eat at least some of that. I also pack fruits - grapes and watermelon mostly and she

generally eats that. She also likes the little packages of applesauce.

I know what you mean about the opening issue - she still struggles with opening certain packages and I know that the teachers/lunch room supervisors really dont' have the resources to help all the kids eat - I guess we'll just have to start eating dinner really early around here! Which is hard, b/c on Mon, Wed, and Fri I am not home before 6:30, usually.

Sorry to ramble!

Donna

Subject: Re: Re: - Ripped Rotation/DonnaTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 7:35 AM

In a message dated 8/9/2008 7:30:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, donna112520@ yahoo.com writes:

I'm not 100% sure what I'll do - I know I can get through the 1st two weeks -

That's me. I know I can do it the first two weeks, but leaving it there gives everyone a chance to continue on (including me) if they choose too.

So are you ready for kindergarten? Mine starts the 18th. I'm still trying to figure out lunches. One minute she says she wants to eat at school and the next she says she wants to take her lunch. I'm not sure what I would pack because there are a lot of things she can't open yet. We'll figure it out I guess.

~**~

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.