RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

/ injury rotation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Needy Knees,Injuries totally suck, don't they? At times they make for an unbalanced workout, but my feeling is some activity is better than none at all. I would NOT give in to the temptation to do any of the lower body work for a good month at least. They really do need time to heal and regenerate. I know it's hard. When I hurt my feet I had to take cycling, my least favorite gym class of all, because Turbo Kick and Step hurt my feet too much. I would be spinning and when I looked in the mirrors I could see my friends having a blast punching and kicking while I had to drudge away on the boring stationary bike - but I did burn a bunch of calories and sweat did drip off my forehead onto the bike and floor and I did leave on an endorphin high..Can you preview your workouts the night before and know ahead of time when to fast forward and switch dvd's? 10 minute solutions pilates and toning workouts might be good for

you so you can quickly jump around from section to section with less dvd switching. I think you can do some lower body work with pilates, such as supine leg circles and leg lifts. What about placing a pilates ball or playground ball between your thighs and squeezing for the adductors? I know that walking isn't a huge calorie burn, BUT after 20 minutes you start burning fat instead of glycogen because you're in your lower target heart range. It's also good for the spirit, and I feel that in it's slow steadiness it somehow shakes everything back into place after harder workouts. To take some of the pressure off your knees I would do the lower body workouts seated in a chair instead of standing. Are your knees okay with swimming? Hugs,Funky Feet