RemedySpot.com

- Bootcamp rotation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

Because of my rekindled calf injury, I may postpone starting the FIRM rotation and really focus on resting my calf and doing low impact for a couple of weeks. I know I could probably do the strength workouts from the FIRM, but the cardios may be an issue since sometimes there is step and high impact which may aggravate my darned calf and I really want to do the rotation as laid out as best I can, plus I miss some of those Hares and Cardios and I want to do them!!!!! It is bummer b/c I was/am looking forward to the motivation from following the rotation. But, my calf was obviously not healed since I re-injured it today. I thought I had rested enough, but I guess not. :( I'm a bit bummed b/c my back seems finally able to handle these tougher workouts, and now the rest of me seems to be falling apart. I'm thinking of doing something like this for the next 2-3 weeks.

(Then, comes spring break, so maybe I shouldn't even be thinking of the FIRM until the first week in April).

Circuit

Cardio

Total Body

Pilates

Circuit

Cardio

Rest/stretch

Total Body

Pilates

Circuit

Cardio

Total Body

Pilates

Rest/Stretch

I figure I can use my low impact workouts, the TM, and bike (when my calf is ready - biking is pretty stressful for the calf!) for cardio, I can find lower impact circuit routines to do, and impact shouldn't be a problem for total body days or Pilates.

Another alternative is:

Full Body Strength & Stretch

Stretch & Short Cardio

Pilates & Short Cardio

Longer Cardio & Shorter Stretch

(repeat and rest as needed)

Interestingly, I read on the 'net somewhere that achilles tendon injuries most commonly occur in the 35-45 age group! Calf strains can be a sign of an impending tendon injury, which is why I'm reluctantly going to rest for 2-3 weeks.

Take care,

Donna