RemedySpot.com

Re: My BX results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Vickie, I am same genotype as you but don't know what grade as my doc didn't want a bx done. Tx is so different for each of us, I was terrified of it but the gang here helped me with that first giant step. They are all such angels and help me all the time with advice, encouragement and love. Just don't listen to all the horror stories because they are not all bad. I am in week 4 and haven't had it really bad and hopefully it will continue to have more good than bad. much love and hugs...ww/patonelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: Hi, group. I decided to call the dr's office this morning. Just finished talking to the nurse. I am Geno Type 1b, grade 2, which I understand is good news, considering. I will be doing 48 weeks of treatment on Pegasis and Rib. (sorry, don't know how to spell it. I'm sure I'll learn before its over with) starting as soon as I can get clearance from my Psyciatrist (May 24th.). Looks like we are looking at the first of June. Ouch!

Guest guest

Grade

2 isn’t bad. If you’re not already on anti-depressants, talk

to the shrink about that. It’s pretty standard procedure with tx.

The meds can cause depression. I had to get clearance from a shrink,

too. Anyone with any history of depression definitely does. June’s

as good a time as any to start. We’ve got so many on tx right now,

you’ll have plenty of tx buddies and that’s always better than

doing it alone.

/De

My BX results

Hi, group. I decided to

call the dr's office this morning. Just

finished talking to the nurse. I am Geno Type 1b, grade 2, which I

understand is good news, considering. I will be doing 48 weeks of

treatment on Pegasis and Rib. (sorry, don't know how to spell it. I'm

sure I'll learn before its over with) starting as soon as I can get

clearance from my Psyciatrist (May 24th.). Looks like we are looking

at the first of June. Ouch!

Guest guest

I've had clinical depression for many years. My docs just wanted to know if I am suicidal. lol No checks or anything. I, of course, am not, but got pulled off tx the second round because of the depth of the depression that came on. I had my pcp raise the level of antidepressants before tx this round so I wouldn't have to face that problem at least. And I've been able to maintain a sense of humor, now at 4 months.

Sharon

RE: My BX results

Grade 2 isn't bad. If you're not already on anti-depressants, talk to the shrink about that. It's pretty standard procedure with tx. The meds can cause depression. I had to get clearance from a shrink, too. Anyone with any history of depression definitely does. June's as good a time as any to start. We've got so many on tx right now, you'll have plenty of tx buddies and that's always better than doing it alone.

Guest guest

Thank you and Sharon. I appreciate your input. I have no history of depression, so hope this visit with the shrink will be short and sweet. Is 1b the one that's hard to clear?Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I've had clinical depression for many years. My docs just wanted to know if I am suicidal. lol No checks or anything. I, of course, am not, but got pulled off

tx the second round because of the depth of the depression that came on. I had my pcp raise the level of antidepressants before tx this round so I wouldn't have to face that problem at least. And I've been able to maintain a sense of humor, now at 4 months. Sharon RE:

My BX results Grade 2 isn't bad. If you're not already on anti-depressants, talk to the shrink about that. It's pretty standard procedure with tx. The meds can cause depression. I had to get clearance from a shrink, too. Anyone with any history of depression definitely does. June's as good a time as any to start. We've got so many on tx right now, you'll have plenty of tx buddies and that's always better than doing it alone.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you and Sharon. I appreciate your input. I have no history of depression, so hope this visit with the shrink will be short and sweet. Is 1b the one that's hard to clear?Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I've had clinical depression for many years. My docs just wanted to know if I am suicidal. lol No checks or anything. I, of course, am not, but got pulled off

tx the second round because of the depth of the depression that came on. I had my pcp raise the level of antidepressants before tx this round so I wouldn't have to face that problem at least. And I've been able to maintain a sense of humor, now at 4 months. Sharon RE:

My BX results Grade 2 isn't bad. If you're not already on anti-depressants, talk to the shrink about that. It's pretty standard procedure with tx. The meds can cause depression. I had to get clearance from a shrink, too. Anyone with any history of depression definitely does. June's as good a time as any to start. We've got so many on tx right now, you'll have plenty of tx buddies and that's always better than doing it alone.

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Yes Vickie 1a & b are the most common in North America & the hardest to clear, I've tried twice & I know at least one guy who's tried 4 times at last count. He relapses, I don't respond. One of my friends did a year of maintenance & improved his condition but did not clear. He went from Grade 2 inflammation Stage 1 cirrhosis to Grade 1 inflammation, Stage 0 cirrhosis so even if you don't clear you're giving your liver a break. I wish you better luck than me. My tx was the old combo so your chances are much better. Hugs, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Amazing who, right now is trying to get out & fight over a female he has no use for (if the vet did hid job right)Vickie Gray

<onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: Thank you and Sharon. I appreciate your input. I have no history of depression, so hope this visit with the shrink will be short and sweet. Is 1b the one that's hard to clear?Hugs, VickieG Ahhh...imagining

that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

So, 1b is hard to clear too? suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Yes Vickie 1a & b are the most common in North America & the hardest to clear, I've tried twice & I know at least one guy who's tried 4 times at last count. He relapses, I don't respond. One of my friends did a year of maintenance & improved his condition but did not clear. He went from Grade 2 inflammation Stage 1 cirrhosis to Grade 1

inflammation, Stage 0 cirrhosis so even if you don't clear you're giving your liver a break. I wish you better luck than me. My tx was the old combo so your chances are much better. Hugs, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Amazing who, right now is trying to get out & fight over a female he has no use for (if the vet did hid job right)Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Thank you and Sharon. I appreciate your input. I have no history of depression, so hope this visit with the shrink will be short and sweet. Is 1b the one that's hard to clear?Hugs, VickieG Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Yes it is. Sorry, but even the 2's & 3's are not easy. Just remember that even if you don't clear ( & with the new combo your chances are good) you're giving your liver a much needed break. SuZieVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: So, 1b is hard to clear too? Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

ok, SuZie. I feel better now. suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Yes it is. Sorry, but even the 2's & 3's are not easy. Just remember that even if you don't clear ( & with the new combo your chances are good) you're giving your liver a much needed break. SuZieVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl >

wrote: So, 1b is hard to clear too? Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

ok, SuZie. I feel better now. suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Yes it is. Sorry, but even the 2's & 3's are not easy. Just remember that even if you don't clear ( & with the new combo your chances are good) you're giving your liver a much needed break. SuZieVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl >

wrote: So, 1b is hard to clear too? Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Good. It's hard but it's definitely doable & you've got a secret weapon - US. We'll be here for you when you're up, when you're down & when you're just you. One thing I've found helpful is to name that dragon (mine is named Barry as in "I'm gonna BURY you) somehow it makes it easier to fight. It's like putting a face on it & you can visualize your body beating that face in! SuZie & Sir SpYke the Warrior - ready to fight whatever at the drop of a paw.Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: ok, SuZie. I feel better now. suzie <suzieandsandy > wrote: Yes it is. Sorry, but even the 2's & 3's are not easy. Just remember that even if you don't clear ( & with the new combo your chances are good) you're giving your liver a much needed break. SuZie Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I'll try to think of a name. I'll be more upbeat when I've had some sleep. Getting ready tomorrow to leave on another trip. Hope I can stay awake. Ha! suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Good. It's hard but it's definitely doable & you've got a secret weapon - US. We'll be here for you when you're up, when you're down & when you're just you. One thing I've found helpful is to name that dragon

(mine is named Barry as in "I'm gonna BURY you) somehow it makes it easier to fight. It's like putting a face on it & you can visualize your body beating that face in! SuZie & Sir SpYke the Warrior - ready to fight whatever at the drop of a paw.Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: ok, SuZie. I feel better now. suzie <suzieandsandy > wrote: Yes it is. Sorry, but even the 2's & 3's are not easy. Just remember that even if you don't clear ( &

with the new combo your chances are good) you're giving your liver a much needed break. SuZie Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

More puppies? That's another big problem with HCV - day/night reversal. A lot of HCV people are insomniacs. There are chat rooms just for us night owls - check out Delphi, they've got quite a few or there's usually someone around here if you want to just e-mail back & forth or I M if you want. SuZie the always awake & Sir SpYke the always asleepVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: I'll try to think of a name. I'll be more upbeat when I've had some sleep. Getting ready tomorrow to leave on another trip. Hope I can stay awake. Ha!

Guest guest

I am an insomniac and have been for years and years. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the pillow. It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Or, should I continue as usual? I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. I hope everyone in the group Is doing ok. I

won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up then. Hugs to all in the group. VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: More puppies? That's another big problem with HCV - day/night reversal. A lot of HCV people are insomniacs. There are chat rooms just for us night owls - check out Delphi,

they've got quite a few or there's usually someone around here if you want to just e-mail back & forth or I M if you want. SuZie the always awake & Sir SpYke the always asleepVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I'll try to think of a name. I'll be more upbeat when I've had some sleep. Getting ready tomorrow to leave on another trip. Hope I can stay awake. Ha! Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I am an insomniac and have been for years and years. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the pillow. It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems and my satillite connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Or, should I continue as usual? I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. I hope everyone

in the group Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up then. Hugs to all in the group. VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: More puppies? That's another big problem with HCV - day/night reversal. A lot of HCV people are insomniacs. There are chat rooms just for us

night owls - check out Delphi, they've got quite a few or there's usually someone around here if you want to just e-mail back & forth or I M if you want. SuZie the always awake & Sir SpYke the always asleepVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I'll try to think of a name. I'll be more upbeat when I've had some sleep. Getting ready tomorrow to leave on another trip. Hope I can stay awake. Ha! Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I am an insomniac and have been for years and years. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the pillow. It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems and my satillite connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Or, should I continue as usual? I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. I hope everyone

in the group Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up then. Hugs to all in the group. VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: More puppies? That's another big problem with HCV - day/night reversal. A lot of HCV people are insomniacs. There are chat rooms just for us

night owls - check out Delphi, they've got quite a few or there's usually someone around here if you want to just e-mail back & forth or I M if you want. SuZie the always awake & Sir SpYke the always asleepVickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I'll try to think of a name. I'll be more upbeat when I've had some sleep. Getting ready tomorrow to leave on another trip. Hope I can stay awake. Ha! Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: I am an insomniac and have been for years and years.I'm an insomniac too, used to read books by flashlight under the covers as a kid, the HCV just made it worse. I'm lucky if I doze off on the couch for an hour or two a day. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the

pillow. Oh boy do I know what you mean! I had a roommate once that I was ready to strangle. She was asleep before her head hit the pillow. Your husband is lucky you don't pull that pillow out from under his head & press down on it.It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Most docs won't give you anything. They

equate HCV with I V drug use & won't give anything that can be abused, like sleeping pills also, most sedatives are not liver freindly. The most I could get from my doc is Ativan 1 mg but then again I was an I V drug user. should I continue as usual? Give it a try but don't get your hopes up. My liver doc won't prescribe anything - he says that's up to my p c p. I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. Good night . Hope you manage to get some sleep. Don't worry about chat night - I never go, I don't like chatting. I hope everyone in the group Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up

then. Hugs to all in the group. Vickie Night, SuZie & Sir SpYke

Guest guest

Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl@...> wrote: I am an insomniac and have been for years and years.I'm an insomniac too, used to read books by flashlight under the covers as a kid, the HCV just made it worse. I'm lucky if I doze off on the couch for an hour or two a day. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the

pillow. Oh boy do I know what you mean! I had a roommate once that I was ready to strangle. She was asleep before her head hit the pillow. Your husband is lucky you don't pull that pillow out from under his head & press down on it.It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Most docs won't give you anything. They

equate HCV with I V drug use & won't give anything that can be abused, like sleeping pills also, most sedatives are not liver freindly. The most I could get from my doc is Ativan 1 mg but then again I was an I V drug user. should I continue as usual? Give it a try but don't get your hopes up. My liver doc won't prescribe anything - he says that's up to my p c p. I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. Good night . Hope you manage to get some sleep. Don't worry about chat night - I never go, I don't like chatting. I hope everyone in the group Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up

then. Hugs to all in the group. Vickie Night, SuZie & Sir SpYke

Guest guest

WOW! Good nightsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I am an insomniac and have been for years and years.I'm an insomniac too, used to read books by flashlight under the covers as a kid, the HCV just made it worse. I'm lucky if I doze off on the couch for an hour

or two a day. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the pillow. Oh boy do I know what you mean! I had a roommate once that I was ready to strangle. She was asleep before her head hit the pillow. Your husband is lucky you don't pull that pillow out from under his head & press down on it.It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to

sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Most docs won't give you anything. They equate HCV with I V drug use & won't give anything that can be abused, like sleeping pills also, most sedatives are not liver freindly. The most I could get from my doc is Ativan 1 mg but then again I was an I V drug user. should I continue as usual? Give it a try but don't get your hopes up. My liver doc won't prescribe anything - he says that's up to my p c p. I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. Good night . Hope you manage to get some sleep. Don't worry about chat night - I never go, I don't like chatting. I hope everyone in the group

Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up then. Hugs to all in the group. Vickie Night, SuZie & Sir SpYke Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

WOW! Good nightsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Vickie Gray <onelildeltagirl > wrote: I am an insomniac and have been for years and years.I'm an insomniac too, used to read books by flashlight under the covers as a kid, the HCV just made it worse. I'm lucky if I doze off on the couch for an hour

or two a day. Didn't know it might be from the HCV and always wondered what was wrong with me. Sometimes I am so tired I can't stand it and my eyes are wide awake when Imy head hits the pillow. Oh boy do I know what you mean! I had a roommate once that I was ready to strangle. She was asleep before her head hit the pillow. Your husband is lucky you don't pull that pillow out from under his head & press down on it.It is frustrating to toss and turn all night and listen to hubby snore. Thank you for the information on where to find someone to talk to. That would have helped me years ago. Lately, however, I have been able to go to sleep at night. I've just been trying to catch up on emails tonight. Fighting with 's connectivity problems have added much time to my efforts. I've been told that not being able to

sleep is not good for treatment. Should I ask my dr for something to help me sleep while on tx? Most docs won't give you anything. They equate HCV with I V drug use & won't give anything that can be abused, like sleeping pills also, most sedatives are not liver freindly. The most I could get from my doc is Ativan 1 mg but then again I was an I V drug user. should I continue as usual? Give it a try but don't get your hopes up. My liver doc won't prescribe anything - he says that's up to my p c p. I think I'll throw in the towl and go to bed. Good night . Hope you manage to get some sleep. Don't worry about chat night - I never go, I don't like chatting. I hope everyone in the group

Is doing ok. I won't be here for the group meeting Thursday and I will miss that again. I am sorry for that. We plan to be home Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to start catching up then. Hugs to all in the group. Vickie Night, SuZie & Sir SpYke Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you, Pat. I am going to try not to be a real big baby. Just a little one. I'll try to just take that first shot like a man, or a wo man. I appreciate all the support y'all can manage. Am beginning to get a little nervous thinking about it, but the sooner I start the sooner I will finish treatment. And, I don't plan to let my life stop while I am on treatment. and, I hope those are NOT my famous last words. Ha! I have been through some tough times, I can do this. Hugs, VickieGpatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Hi Vickie, I am same genotype as you but don't know what grade as my doc didn't want a bx done. Tx is so different for each of us, I was terrified of it but the gang here helped me with that first giant step. They are all such angels and help me all the time with advice, encouragement and love. Just don't listen to all the horror stories because they are not all bad. I am in week 4 and haven't had it really bad and hopefully it will continue to have more good than bad. much love and hugs...ww/patonelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Hi, group. I decided to call the dr's office this morning. Just finished talking to the nurse. I am Geno Type 1b, grade 2, which I understand is good news, considering. I will be

doing 48 weeks of treatment on Pegasis and Rib. (sorry, don't know how to spell it. I'm sure I'll learn before its over with) starting as soon as I can get clearance from my Psyciatrist (May 24th.). Looks like we are looking at the first of June. Ouch!

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you, Pat. I am going to try not to be a real big baby. Just a little one. I'll try to just take that first shot like a man, or a wo man. I appreciate all the support y'all can manage. Am beginning to get a little nervous thinking about it, but the sooner I start the sooner I will finish treatment. And, I don't plan to let my life stop while I am on treatment. and, I hope those are NOT my famous last words. Ha! I have been through some tough times, I can do this. Hugs, VickieGpatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Hi Vickie, I am same genotype as you but don't know what grade as my doc didn't want a bx done. Tx is so different for each of us, I was terrified of it but the gang here helped me with that first giant step. They are all such angels and help me all the time with advice, encouragement and love. Just don't listen to all the horror stories because they are not all bad. I am in week 4 and haven't had it really bad and hopefully it will continue to have more good than bad. much love and hugs...ww/patonelildeltagirl <onelildeltagirl > wrote: Hi, group. I decided to call the dr's office this morning. Just finished talking to the nurse. I am Geno Type 1b, grade 2, which I understand is good news, considering. I will be

doing 48 weeks of treatment on Pegasis and Rib. (sorry, don't know how to spell it. I'm sure I'll learn before its over with) starting as soon as I can get clearance from my Psyciatrist (May 24th.). Looks like we are looking at the first of June. Ouch!

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

new cars at Autos.