RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

and Billy Blanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Two more vigins off the pile tonite!  Marina came over and we did Simmon's Disco Sweat.  This one has a lot going for it!1)  The music gets an A+  Disco Inferno, Last Dance, Carwash, Shake Your Booty, You Make Me Feel Mighty Real, Give It Up, Born to be Alive, I Love the Nightlife, I will Survive and a couple others - they were all really good versions

2) himself is A SCREAM!  I would LOVE to take a live class from him!  All of his participants were overweight and the workout was all low impact. 3) The choreography is tons of fun, and he picked some easily recognizable 70's moves that are a riot - snake arms, hands over the hair, the hustle

Now for the bad part - he doesn't cue hardly at all and it was very frustrating.  The chorus of the song had the same moves, but you pretty much had to memorize the other parts because he only cues as you'r doing it.  Ug!  This tape is from 1994; I have another disco one of his from 2001, so I'm hoping his cueing improves by then. 

I do want to do this one again and get better at it, because other than bad cueing it is a fantastic tape!  I won't be doing a week of though as planned.  I think I'm with Sara, a week with would be too much. 

I laughed a lot and had a good time during the hour.Next we did Tae Bo Total:  Basic 1.  This is like the Live!  Basic series - awesome!  After the warmup you do donkey kick series a la Debbie Siebers.  My @$$ was grass by the end of it!  After that the usual combos, nothing new.  At the end you hold your leg in a standing roundhouse for a good minute or so to challenge your balance and work on strength.  Compared to , had good cueing and it was a welcome change.  I worked up a good sweat!

I still think I need to be the next Mrs. Blanks.  is hot..Over and out,