Bruising

Rate this topic

Guest guest

got cast 2 removed yesterday. Initially I was sad that I couldn't notice

a change in his back. However this morning it looked better. The tshirt made a

huge difference! No pressure sores. His first sore looked ok. If the cast had

to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up again. The only thing that

was noticeable was the bruising on his rib hump. Is this common? His rib hump

doesn't look smaller but the curve looks smaller.

gets cast 3 on Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!

Keeley

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Guest guest

Thanks Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: Leggett <jennifer.leggett@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 18:24:45 -0400<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Bruising There shouldn't be horrible bruising but some minor bruising and discoloration is normal.  Though they shouldn't be bruised to the point they hurt to touch. Jenn Mommy to Cole & MaxOn Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM, <kfaul@...> wrote: got cast 2 removed yesterday.  Initially I was sad that I couldn't notice a change in his back.  However this morning it looked better.  The tshirt made a huge difference!  No pressure sores.  His first sore looked ok.  If the cast had to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up again.  The only thing that was noticeable was the bruising on his rib hump.  Is this common?  His rib hump doesn't look smaller but the curve looks smaller. gets cast 3 on Wednesday.Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!KeeleySent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld------------------------------------

Guest guest

Noelle had bruising at every cast change, especially around the base of the belly cutouts. My doc told us that it was perfectly normal. She also had redness by her rib hump as well. As the casting continued and the rib hump lessened, so did the redness in that area. - Noelle's mommy, 4 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years9 months in braceRegressed and went into cast 9Back in brace at 8 degrees supine, 13 standing! reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

From: kfaul@... <kfaul@...>Subject: Bruisinginfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 7:12 PM

got cast 2 removed yesterday. Initially I was sad that I couldn't notice a change in his back. However this morning it looked better. The tshirt made a huge difference! No pressure sores. His first sore looked ok. If the cast had to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up again. The only thing that was noticeable was the bruising on his rib hump. Is this common? His rib hump doesn't look smaller but the curve looks smaller. gets cast 3 on Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!Keeley Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld------------------------------------

Guest guest

About how long did it take for her rib hump to go down?The bruising is starting to clear. The redness is more on the rib hump. The tshirt was a lifesaver! There is such a difference between the first cast and the second cast. Keeley Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: Kauffunger <slguerra710@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 19:55:34 -0700 (PDT)<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Bruising Noelle had bruising at every cast change, especially around the base of the belly cutouts. My doc told us that it was perfectly normal. She also had redness by her rib hump as well. As the casting continued and the rib hump lessened, so did the redness in that area. - Noelle's mommy, 4 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years9 months in braceRegressed and went into cast 9Back in brace at 8 degrees supine, 13 standing! reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos IIIFrom: kfaul@... <kfaul@...>Subject: Bruisinginfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 7:12 PM got cast 2 removed yesterday. Initially I was sad that I couldn't notice a change in his back. However this morning it looked better. The tshirt made a huge difference! No pressure sores. His first sore looked ok. If the cast had to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up again. The only thing that was noticeable was the bruising on his rib hump. Is this common? His rib hump doesn't look smaller but the curve looks smaller. gets cast 3 on Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!Keeley Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld------------------------------------

Guest guest

That took a while.... We saw improvement each time, but at least a year for us before it was insignificant. Now she is perfectly symmetrical between the casts and the braces.- Noelle's mommy, 4 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years9 months in braceRegressed and went into cast 9Back in brace at 8 degrees supine, 13 standing! reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

From: kfaul@... <kfaul@...>Subject: Bruisinginfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 7:12 PM

got cast 2 removed yesterday. Initially I was sad that I couldn't notice a change in his back. However this morning it looked better. The tshirt made a huge difference! No pressure sores. His first sore looked ok. If the cast had to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up again. The only thing that was noticeable was the bruising on his rib hump. Is this common? His rib hump doesn't look smaller but the curve looks smaller. gets cast 3 on Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!Keeley Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi Keeley,

Whe Liv was first risser casted (age 2/3) I noticed bruising on her rib

hump post cast removal. But, after a long series of casting, the minimal

bruising decreased as the casts were slowly molding her rib hump down and

improving her overall torso shape.

HTH's

HRH

> got cast 2 removed yesterday. Initially I was sad that I couldn't

> notice a change in his back. However this morning it looked better. The

> tshirt made a huge difference! No pressure sores. His first sore looked

> ok. If the cast had to stay on another week or so it wouldve opened up

> again. The only thing that was noticeable was the bruising on his rib

> hump. Is this common? His rib hump doesn't look smaller but the curve

> looks smaller.

> gets cast 3 on Wednesday.

>

> Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend!

>

> Keeley

> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

It sounds like a cast sore.  They are VERY rare.  My son also had a nasty one.  They should save the cast to show the doctor to see if something was wrong with it.  It is also possible that it got too tight.  Have her email me jennifer.leggett@... or call 518-686-1452 if she needs some advice or to vent.  We have been there.  Just let her know we successfully casted down to 0 and this doesn't mean it will happen again. 

Jenn Mommy to cole and Max

Guest guest

Hi Marina,

Do you know if your friend had any luck reaching her doc? Glad the cast

is off, so that gash can heal...Sorry, she had to experience this:(

Please let us know.

HRH

> Hello all! I have a friend whose daughter just got her first cast

> removed. They did it at home(the doc said this was ok) she has brusing on

> her side as well as a 4inch " gash " . She also has bruising around the cut

> out in the stomach area. She is very upset about this. I told her I would

> ask you all about this. She has not had a chance to get on here yet. I