RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Not a Hippie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yet it promotes drugs by using drugs and telling others so. Not a real good example. Peace is something of a dream, there are those who would rather not have peace. I am understanding that peace is something that comes with arms, amries keep the peace. This is becuase there are dangerious psychopathic leaders in the world who are selfish to their intent and desire and not there peoples. It though is pleasing to imagine peace such as john lennon "imagine" but there is a reality of the world to contend to that is not diluted by the drug cultures delusions. Happy thoughts..happy happy joy joy "Rainbow ." <rainbow@...> wrote: > : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and

no I am not some hippy......" So what's the matter with being a hippy? Hippy: Someone who has a bright outlook on life and cares about the world instead of trying to ruin it. We are often a member of groups such as Greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the environment. We reject the established culture and are a subculture originating in San Francisco in the 1960s and advocate universal love and peace, usually have long hair and use soft drugs, usually listen to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that of Bob Marley. We oppose and reject many of the conventional standards and customs of society, and especially advocate extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles. Example of a hippy phrase: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Rainbow I'm from this planet, the rest of you are not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yet it promotes drugs by using drugs and telling others so. Not a real good example. Peace is something of a dream, there are those who would rather not have peace. I am understanding that peace is something that comes with arms, amries keep the peace. This is becuase there are dangerious psychopathic leaders in the world who are selfish to their intent and desire and not there peoples. It though is pleasing to imagine peace such as john lennon "imagine" but there is a reality of the world to contend to that is not diluted by the drug cultures delusions. Happy thoughts..happy happy joy joy "Rainbow ." <rainbow@...> wrote: > : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and

no I am not some hippy......" So what's the matter with being a hippy? Hippy: Someone who has a bright outlook on life and cares about the world instead of trying to ruin it. We are often a member of groups such as Greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the environment. We reject the established culture and are a subculture originating in San Francisco in the 1960s and advocate universal love and peace, usually have long hair and use soft drugs, usually listen to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that of Bob Marley. We oppose and reject many of the conventional standards and customs of society, and especially advocate extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles. Example of a hippy phrase: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Rainbow I'm from this planet, the rest of you are not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/__________________________________________________

Guest guest

>> : " I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am not some

hippy...... "

>From: " Rainbow . "

> So what's the matter with being a hippy?

For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.

Guest guest

The hippies solution to World War II: Try to get a secret hippie agent to talk to hitler and try to dope him up, then tickle him hoping that after the high passed that he would end the war. Laugh Snort Stan's computer <vze2txm3@...> wrote: >> : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am not some hippy......">From: "Rainbow ."> So what's the matter with being a hippy?For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.I'm from this planet, the rest of you are not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

The hippies solution to World War II: Try to get a secret hippie agent to talk to hitler and try to dope him up, then tickle him hoping that after the high passed that he would end the war. Laugh Snort Stan's computer <vze2txm3@...> wrote: >> : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am not some hippy......">From: "Rainbow ."> So what's the matter with being a hippy?For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.I'm from this planet, the rest of you are not.Please go back to Mars or Venushttp://www.simplecomplexities.org/community/

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

Right on. There's a song that goes: "he's an old hippy , bla bla bla yatta yatta, he ain't trying to change nobody, he's just tryin real hard to adjust. Where I come from is the land of hicks and rednecks and the hippies are looked down on. The stupider someone acts in Oklahoma, the more revered they are. What are random acts of beauty. I just tried a random act of kindness and the lady called it harassment. "Rainbow ." <rainbow@...> wrote: > : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am not some hippy......" So what's the matter with being a hippy? Hippy: Someone who has a

bright outlook on life and cares about the world instead of trying to ruin it. We are often a member of groups such as Greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the environment. We reject the established culture and are a subculture originating in San Francisco in the 1960s and advocate universal love and peace, usually have long hair and use soft drugs, usually listen to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that of Bob Marley. We oppose and reject many of the conventional standards and customs of society, and especially advocate extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles. Example of a hippy phrase: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Rainbow

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

Right on. There's a song that goes: "he's an old hippy , bla bla bla yatta yatta, he ain't trying to change nobody, he's just tryin real hard to adjust. Where I come from is the land of hicks and rednecks and the hippies are looked down on. The stupider someone acts in Oklahoma, the more revered they are. What are random acts of beauty. I just tried a random act of kindness and the lady called it harassment. "Rainbow ." <rainbow@...> wrote: > : "I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am not some hippy......" So what's the matter with being a hippy? Hippy: Someone who has a

bright outlook on life and cares about the world instead of trying to ruin it. We are often a member of groups such as Greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the environment. We reject the established culture and are a subculture originating in San Francisco in the 1960s and advocate universal love and peace, usually have long hair and use soft drugs, usually listen to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that of Bob Marley. We oppose and reject many of the conventional standards and customs of society, and especially advocate extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles. Example of a hippy phrase: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Rainbow

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

> Stan: "For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.""Thou shalt not kill" is the popular expression of one of the ten commandments given by God to Moses.I believe that this statement was originally meant to include killing animals as well as murdering humans.See Genesis 1:29: God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food."  Rainbow

Guest guest

> Stan: "For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.""Thou shalt not kill" is the popular expression of one of the ten commandments given by God to Moses.I believe that this statement was originally meant to include killing animals as well as murdering humans.See Genesis 1:29: God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food."  Rainbow

Guest guest

This is actually more true than you realize. Hitler's closest doctor,

Dr. Morell, a man who didn't believe in washing and who had other odd

beliefs, kept Hitler wired on cocaine and meth-amphetamines for the

latter part of his reign.

Tom

The hippies solution to World War II:

Try to get a secret hippie agent to talk to hitler and try to dope him

up, then tickle him hoping that after the high passed that he would

end the war.

Laugh Snort

Guest guest

> A Name: "What are random acts of beauty."I said: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty."I got it backwards! LOL! I belief that you are reading my mind, not my words!Beauty, by definition, cannot be senseless, since beauty is always a function of sensory perception. So, the phrase would be more accurate if I had said: "Practice Senseless Kindness and Random Acts of Beauty."This saying, reportedly created by a California waitress, has swept eastward across the country, like so many other things from California. Paying the toll for someone behind you at the toll booth is given as an example of random kindness, and doing something to make things prettier somewhere that you're just passing through as an example of senseless beauty."Such as picking up roadside litter, clearing invasive exotic plants, restoring waterways, or distributing wildflower seeds along the byway.  Rainbow

Guest guest

A name:

> I just tried a random act of kindness and the lady called it harassment.

LOL!

(Sorry, but that just sounded so funny, though it's really very sad.)

Inger

Guest guest

The city I live in is ranked ninth in category of worst roads in the nation. The river is polluted and no one cares. As for plants, there are not enough to clear. Tulsa is a death town in my opinion. Everyone in my town knows that Tulsa is trash. I've been to cities like Ft. Worth and they put Tulsa to shame. There is no redemption for my city and I'd rather see it go to hell because I happen to believe that it's cursed ground"Rainbow ." <rainbow@...> wrote: > A Name: "What are random acts of beauty." I said: "Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." I got it backwards! LOL! I belief that you are reading my mind, not my words! Beauty, by definition, cannot be senseless, since beauty is always a function of sensory perception. So, the phrase would be more accurate if I had said: "Practice Senseless Kindness and Random Acts of Beauty." This saying, reportedly created by a California waitress, has swept eastward across the country, like so many other things from California. Paying the toll for someone behind you at the toll booth is given as an example of random kindness, and doing something to make things prettier somewhere that you're just passing through as an example of senseless beauty." Such as picking up roadside litter, clearing invasive exotic plants, restoring waterways, or distributing wildflower seeds along the byway.

Rainbow

Guest guest

" Practice Senseless Kindness and Random Acts of Beauty. "

>

> " and doing something to

> make things prettier somewhere that you're just passing through as

an

> example of senseless beauty. "

>

> Such as picking up roadside litter, clearing invasive exotic plants,

> restoring waterways, or distributing wildflower seeds along the byway.

>

I think clearing kudzo wouldn't be random, it would take a huge

determined, definite, methodical, systematic, ordered, particular

effort! LOL!

I love when people plant wildflower seeds along the byway.

>

Guest guest

Rainbow,

You told half the truth.

Here is the rest of it:

Gen 9:1 God blessed Noah and his sons and told them, " Multiply and

fill the earth.

Gen 9:2 All the wild animals, large and small, and all the birds

and fish will be afraid of you. I have placed them in your power.

Gen 9:3 I have given them to you for food, just as I have given

you grain and vegetables.

Gen 9:4 But you must never eat animals that still have their

lifeblood in them.

Gen 9:5 And murder is forbidden. Animals that kill people must

die, and any person who murders must be killed.

> Stan: " For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified. "

" Thou shalt not kill " is the popular expression of one of the ten

commandments given by God to Moses.

I believe that this statement was originally meant to include

killing animals as well as murdering humans.

See Genesis 1:29: God said, " Behold, I have given you every herb

yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every

tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food. "

Rainbow

Guest guest

This is something akin to what I read in The Big Book of Amazing

Facts when I was a child.

It was about mummification. In ancient Egypt, the internal organs

were sometimes removed and stored in separate containers which could

be accessed by the dead in the Afterlife for use if needed.

But not the brain. The Egyptians didn't know what it was for, and so

they just threw it away.

Tom

Administrator

Re:

> I think clearing kudzo wouldn't be random, it would take a huge

> determined, definite, methodical, systematic, ordered, particular

> effort! LOL!

Did you know that, in some Asian countries, people consider kudzu a

valuable natural resource? In Japan (where kudzu originated), people

eat it in salads, make flour and fiber out of it, cook it in soup and

as a vegetable, and do other things that I have forgotten.

So if we want to control kudzu (as the Japanese have done for

centuries), we don't need to clear it away ... we just need to learn

how to use it!

Or if we didn't want to use our kudzu (if most Americans just

couldn't

learn to like the taste, or something), we could just export it to

Asian countries that *do* like it and use it ... (not to Japan: they

have various trade embargoes on crops and livestock from the USA -

but

to other countries that would buy our kudzu if we had the wit to sell

it to them).

Yours for better letters,

Kate Gladstone

Handwriting Repair and the World Handwriting Contest

handwritingrepair@...

http://learn.to/handwrite,

http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair

325 South Manning Boulevard

Albany, New York 12208-1731 USA

telephone 518/482-6763

AND REMEMBER ...

you can order books through my site!

(Amazon.com link -

I get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)

Guest guest

> Rainbow: "I believe that this statement was originally meant to include killing animals as well as murdering humans."> Stan: "There is other suggestion of that in the Bible, IIRC."I have thought so, as well, but am unable to be more specific. Do you know where? Maybe Tom knows. Tom?What does IIRC mean, please?  Rainbow

Guest guest

Glad to hear you managed to resolve it like that.

Inger

Re: Re: Not a Hippie

I knew what to do fortunately. I talked to the two people she'd talked to and explained how the lady was a liar and also explained to two other workers and they empathized with me and told me about how something similar had happened to them. I'd call that a success. Inger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote:

A name:

> I just tried a random act of kindness and the lady called it harassment.

LOL!

(Sorry, but that just sounded so funny, though it's really very sad.)

Inger

FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued. Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in the folder marked "Other FAM Sites."

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

The passages mean you cannot eat anything while it is alive, nor can

you drink its blood from its body before or after death, nor can you

drain the blood from its body and drink it.

Tom

Administrator

> Tom: " You told half the truth. "

The whole truth as I see it!

> " Genesis 9:4: But you must never eat animals that still have their

lifeblood in them. "

You are telling me that birds and fish have NO blood?

How about:

Lev 3:17

[it shall be] a perpetual statute for your generations throughout

all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.

Lev 7:26

Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, [whether it be] of fowl or

of beast, in any of your dwellings.

Rainbow

Guest guest

In this case it was NOT a dietary law:

Lev 17:14 The life of every creature is in the blood. That is why

I have told the people of Israel never to eat or drink it, for the

life of any bird or animal is in the blood. So whoever eats or

drinks blood must be cut off.

In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:20:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

ender@... writes:

9:3 Says we are suppose to be vegetarians and 9:4 Says we shouldn't

eat animals that have blood... Oh, I'm aware that as part of the

process of butchering an animal you drain their blood but there is

really no way to get it all out...

Ender

All animals are bled after they are killed but before they are

butchered and cooked. The blood will spoil the meat if it is left in

and can cause other problems. That is why it is drained off. The

point is not to get all of it out, but most of it. If you read the

dietary laws, they are actually fairly sound by today's medical

standards. I don't remember them all since it has been a while, but

many of them do sound like modern food safety standards.

Guest guest

KUDZO!

Bless you. <hands a hankie>

<Raven falls down laughing at the silliness the word brings out>

>

> > : " kudzo "

>

> Is this an " Alpha Chain Game " word?

>

> Rainbow

>

Guest guest

I never said there was anything wrong with it - I just stated I was

not one.

>

> > : " I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I

am

> not some hippy...... "

>

> So what's the matter with being a hippy?

>

> Hippy: Someone who has a bright outlook on life and cares about

the

> world instead of trying to ruin it. We are often a member of

groups

> such as Greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the

> environment. We reject the established culture and are a

subculture

> originating in San Francisco in the 1960s and advocate universal

love

> and peace, usually have long hair and use soft drugs, usually

listen

> to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that

of

> Bob Marley. We oppose and reject many of the conventional

standards

> and customs of society, and especially advocate extreme liberalism

in

> sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles. Example of a hippy

phrase:

> " Perform random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. "

>

> Rainbow

>

Guest guest

Mmmmmmmmmm I said I wasn't a hippy - even if I don't think killing is

ever justified that does not mean that I can't see reasons where one

might do so, even for myself.

I would be loathe to take a human life, but I know that there might be

situations where I would - there would be reasons, but I would never be

able to justify it - to me that becomes dangerous territory - humans

seem to have this remarkable ability of justifying some of the most

appaling things ever.

>

> >> : " I am not sure if killing is ever justified - and no I am

not some hippy...... "

>

> >From: " Rainbow . "

> > So what's the matter with being a hippy?

>

> For one thing, they don't think killing is ever justified.

>

Guest guest

Now this is where I get confused - to me killing is killing, plain

and simple - people just chose to justify it within war and self

defence - the lines become blurred. It is saying - it's wrong to

kill, but if you are at war then hey fine and also if someone punches

you, you can kill them?

I would kill in self defence, but only if I had to - as for war - war

appals me.

I forgot earlier to comment on an article you posted about the

possibility of war with China - so I'll comment now :-) Why do people

focus on the idea of war with China? What about making China allies

and working together - is that not a possibility?

>

>

> In a message dated 3/7/2006 4:45:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> no_reply writes:

>

> Gen 9:5 And murder is forbidden. Animals that kill people must

> die, and any person who murders must be killed.

>

>

>

> That is the distinction. The prohibition is against murder, not

killing in

> war or self-defense.

>

>

>

Guest guest

....so therefore we kill them???

Inger