I wish a Martian had taken my joint away, Im have been

in so much pain for the last 2 days, still only a few

days to go now!!

Liney

> anyone there

>

>

> Ack!!!!

> Have the Martians landed and taken all the joints?

>

> No messages for 2 days.

> Carolyn

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

Just letting you know I got your message. As far as I know, I'm still on this planet... (though I sometimes wonder....)

I guess everyone else must be doing fine - no pre-op nerves, no post-op success-stories or frustrations?

Margaret

anyone there

Ack!!!!Have the Martians landed and taken all the joints?No messages for 2 days.Carolyn

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

Just letting you know I got your message. As far as I know, I'm still on this planet... (though I sometimes wonder....)

I guess everyone else must be doing fine - no pre-op nerves, no post-op success-stories or frustrations?

WELL, I WILL TRY.

I AM WALKING ALL OVER BY MYSELF NOW. TWO MONTHS POST-OP WITH THE THIRD JOINT. HOWEVER, I DO NOT TRY TO STAND IN LINE WAITING.

MY HIP HAS CAUSED ME NO GRIEF WHATSOEVER AND I AM PUTTING ON MY OWN SOX NOW! LET'S SEE, THAT ONE IS 11 MONTHS POST-OP.

I DO NOT LIKE IT THAT THE OUTSIDE OF MY KNEES HURT. WHAT DOES ANYONE ELSE DO ABOUT THAT? I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL THAT THE INSIDE OF THEM IS JUST FINE. DOES IT JUST GET BETTER AT THREE MONTHS? OR SHALL I KEEP THINKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR?

MARGE

He lives!

Guest guest

Hi Liney,

How come your in so much pain have you been doing a lot or is raining a lot or gotten colder thats when my knees and hip bother if I do to much and the weather changes I feel better somes days more then others and I have to stop and think what did I do . I need a left Hip and Knee replacement but won't do that until I feel good with my right hip and knee feel ok I had them replace four years ago the hip and the knee two years ago .

I'm looking for a new dr I tired of the one I have he can never tell me whats wrong with me .

Well you have a nice day and I hope you feel better and I wish you luck for your operation .

Susiebee Buxton <beeme_99@...> wrote:

I wish a Martian had taken my joint away, Im have beenin so much pain for the last 2 days, still only a fewdays to go now!!Liney> anyone there> > > Ack!!!!> Have the Martians landed and taken all the joints?> > No messages for 2 days.> Carolyn> > >

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

I'm still here just been by my Daughters . I hope everything ok with you and you have a nice day:-)

SusieCarolyn <persiaa@...> wrote:

Ack!!!!Have the Martians landed and taken all the joints?No messages for 2 days.Carolyn

Guest guest

." DOES IT JUST GET BETTER AT THREE MONTHS? OR SHALL

I KEEP THINKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR? "

You should continue to progresss for

several months, in fact, some doctors tell their patients that it takes

up to a year for the joint to really feel "normal". You are doing

really well for this much surgery, and only 2 months post-op! Keep up

the good work!

Marilyn

Guest guest

I do thank you, Marilyn. I guess I need this group to keep me on track. I keep thinking that I should be doing better.

Marge

." DOES IT JUST GET BETTER AT THREE MONTHS? OR SHALL I KEEP THINKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR? "You should continue to progresss for several months, in fact, some doctors tell their patients that it takes up to a year for the joint to really feel "normal". You are doing really well for this much surgery, and only 2 months post-op! Keep up the good work!Marilyn

Guest guest

Hi Marge, Marilyn and everyone,

I share Marge's feelings here - I'm also 2 months post-op (R hip). I'm walking most places (indoors and local outdoor walks, for instance to shops and post-office) without a stick. I'm able to walk up and down a flight of steps with no difficulty - prefer a handrail, but not all steps have that. I take a stick with me for longer walks - the longest I did so far was a 3-hour country walk last weekend (including a steep uphill walk) - I did it at a slow gentle pace and several sit-down rests! By the time I got home I could hardly hobble due to muscular aches in my legs and hips - but after good night's sleep, felt fine the next day. And my legs felt stronger and more stable, so I guess it must have done me some good!

I've always enjoyed hiking (though haven't been able to do much the past couple of years due to pain), and am determined to regain the strength and stability in my legs so I can get back to exploring the countryside. I guess I'm too impatient!

I have better days and less-good days. My R hip is fine - feels just about normal and gives me no trouble - seems to be my best joint now! But I get pains in my other joints - especially R knee, and very stiff painful lower back; and nerve-pains down my left leg. (I know that hip is also bad, and will need replacing eventually.) I hope these pains will improve as my body stabilizes and the muscles strengthen. The right knee pain is the most bothersome (but only when I walk - not when swimming or driving); but I don't want to go back to painkillers. I can walk without a limp by walking slowly, with short steps, concentrating on my posture and gait, and thinking tall and straight. I also swim several times a week - a few lengths of the pool, and exercises with my legs - makes me feel good, and completely painfree.

So I feel I'm doing quite well.... but looking forward to more improvement.

Margaret

----- Original Message -----

I do thank you, Marilyn. I guess I need this group to keep me on track. I keep thinking that I should be doing better.

Marge

." DOES IT JUST GET BETTER AT THREE MONTHS? OR SHALL I KEEP THINKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR? "You should continue to progresss for several months, in fact, some doctors tell their patients that it takes up to a year for the joint to really feel "normal". You are doing really well for this much surgery, and only 2 months post-op! Keep up the good work!Marilyn