RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome Amber. You'll find plenty of company here, and most of us are more than familiar (sigh) with difficult behavior in our children, and very supportive and helpful. You aren't alone.

Love,

Francine

p.s. and if it's any consolation right now, You will love the person You are becoming through all these trials. Our love for our children carries us.

Speak with Him Thou for He hearest.

Spirit with Spirit can speak.

Closer is Love than breathing,

Nearer than hands and feet.

(with appreciation for Tennyson)

Introduction

Hi,

My name is Amber and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I am a single mom of 3 boys who are 8, 5 and 2 years old. My oldest son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 5 years old. After trying to resist medications I gave in because he was becoming very violent towards me and other people, his anxiety was causing him to act out and withdraw from everything. We have tried many different meds and finally getting some sort of balance but still things don't always work like it should. Joined the group to talk with others like me as I don't have any friends that really understand what my life is like daily facing the challenges with my son.

Thank you for reading this I look forward to reading posts from others and learning new ways to help my son.

Amber

Guest guest

Thank you, yes I have become a stronger person since my divorce and then the

diagnosis. My exhusband couldn't handle our son :-( but we have pushed through.

Moved to a different city just to get him better help and found a public school

willing to take on the challenges of helping him grow socially. His outburst

physically are the worst as I often fear what he may do to me or his younger

brothers but we are working through it. Therapy once a week and meetings with

the psychiatrist that is well experienced with Aspergers takes place once a

month. He got Cat Scratch Fever in August which made him very ill so the

hospital stay at childrens was a nightmare for him being stuck in that bed with

all those Dr's and nurses touching him. So hard to watch my son struggle. He

use to talk of dreams of being in the airforce and joining the police force and

fire department then all of a sudden now he says he can't do those things and

spends more time being frustrated and angry about everything.

>

> Welcome Amber.  You'll find plenty of company here, and most of us are more

than familiar (sigh) with difficult behavior in our children, and very

supportive and helpful.  You aren't alone.

>  

> Love,

> Francine

>  

> p.s. and if it's any consolation right now, You will love the person You are

becoming through all these trials.  Our love for our children carries us.

>

>

> Speak with Him Thou for He hearest.

> Spirit with Spirit can speak.

> Closer is Love than breathing,

> Nearer than hands and feet.

>

> (with appreciation for Tennyson)

>

>

> Introduction

>

>   Hi,

>

> My name is Amber and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I am

a single mom of 3 boys who are 8, 5 and 2 years old. My oldest son was diagnosed

with Aspergers when he was 5 years old. After trying to resist medications I

gave in because he was becoming very violent towards me and other people, his

anxiety was causing him to act out and withdraw from everything. We have tried

many different meds and finally getting some sort of balance but still things

don't always work like it should. Joined the group to talk with others like me

as I don't have any friends that really understand what my life is like daily

facing the challenges with my son.

>

> Thank you for reading this I look forward to reading posts from others and

learning new ways to help my son.

>

> Amber

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Amber. You're right, people, including family think you're making a big thing out of nothing. Talking to others in the group does help.

From: AG <mom2cyandmark@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Sun, November 28, 2010 6:04:48 PMSubject: Introduction

Hi, My name is Amber and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I am a single mom of 3 boys who are 8, 5 and 2 years old. My oldest son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 5 years old. After trying to resist medications I gave in because he was becoming very violent towards me and other people, his anxiety was causing him to act out and withdraw from everything. We have tried many different meds and finally getting some sort of balance but still things don't always work like it should. Joined the group to talk with others like me as I don't have any friends that really understand what my life is like daily facing the challenges with my son. Thank you for reading this I look forward to reading posts from others and learning new ways to help my son. Amber

Guest guest

I hope the G-word doesn't offend You, (if it does, please skip this paragraph!) and for a little boy, God can be tremendous help, just knowing that He has this super Help beyond what he thinks he can do. You don't mention his reading, and the American Bible Society has (or had) some nice easy read childsize books. Whatever religion one is or chooses, there is always a good example of one triumphing over great odds, whether Moses, Elijah, Jesus ... each religion has people who heard a different drum and were blessed.

*~*~*

Any time he is able not to be violent or have a scene, You can commend his courage in taking charge of his behavior. If he hasn't yet done that, he can be encouraged and will. From my own experience, I just know the right ideas will come to You for your family.

Love,

Francine

Speak with Him Thou for He hearest.

Spirit with Spirit can speak.

Closer is Love than breathing,

Nearer than hands and feet.

(with appreciation for Tennyson)

Introduction

>

> Â Hi,

>

> My name is Amber and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I am a single mom of 3 boys who are 8, 5 and 2 years old. My oldest son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 5 years old. After trying to resist medications I gave in because he was becoming very violent towards me and other people, his anxiety was causing him to act out and withdraw from everything. We have tried many different meds and finally getting some sort of balance but still things don't always work like it should. Joined the group to talk with others like me as I don't have any friends that really understand what my life is like daily facing the challenges with my son.

>

> Thank you for reading this I look forward to reading posts from others and learning new ways to help my son.

>

> Amber

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group! From the x-rays did they give you a degree that the curve is at? I am sorry about your experience with the x-rays, not fun! Our son started out the exact same way with the torticolis and then PT, Xray, wait and see for 3 months and then referral to an Orthopedist, 2 MRI's, a CT scan, another Xray which showed a progression of his curve from 23 degrees to 50. Finally Children's in Seattle advised us to brace which we almost did until we found this group. I found a local Shriner's Hospital that did the Mehta casting and we feel so fortunate that we did. Hang in there, the anxiety and stress is completely normal. Just know that you are at the right resource for infantile scoliosis with this group and be the best advocate that

you can be for your child. Where are you located? Best of luck to you and your family! SonjaFrom: messyyesi <yespick >@gmail.cominfantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Sat, July 16, 2011 8:21:40 PMSubject: Introduction

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time mother to a beautiful 3-month old named Ximena. Immediately from birth I noticed she had a head tilt. She was diagnosed with torticollis right away (a shortening of a neck muscle making the baby tilt their head in one direction and only able to fully turn in another). We started physical therapy right away and it began to help. But during her physical therapy sessions, her therapist and I noticed that she slouched quite a bit. As a first time mom, I just figured it was because she was so little and couldn't hold herself up straight. After a few weeks an no improvement, the therapist suggested that I bring it up to her pediatrician. So the a few weeks ago I did just that. Our pediatrician sent us to get X-Rays twice. The first time was horrible. They held my baby girl down tight, and used these sponge clamps to hold her head straight, all while she was screaming her little

lungs out. After getting those x-rays, the pediatrician sent us to get another set (I went to a different place and this time it was so easy).

Anyways, the doctor said that it looks like she has scoliosis and referred us to Children's Hospital nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get our appointment until October. So here we are... 3 months away from our appointment and I have no idea what to expect or how bad the curve is. I'm super careful of how I hold and position Ximena because I don't want to make it worse. (I won't let her use her Bumbo seat because I'm afraid it'll strain her back and make the curve worse).

Since I'm so far away from the appointment, I've been having extreme anxiety and don't know what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or let me know what I should expect from my first few doctor's visits?

Guest guest

Hey and welcome!

TUMMY TIME, TUMMY TIME, TUMMY TIME! That is going to help her the most with not letting her curve progress as fast. Gravity is going to be her enemy.

Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cast, 9th cast, 2 years old)

From: messyyesi <yespick@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Sat, July 16, 2011 11:21:40 PMSubject: Introduction

Hello Everyone!I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time mother to a beautiful 3-month old named Ximena. Immediately from birth I noticed she had a head tilt. She was diagnosed with torticollis right away (a shortening of a neck muscle making the baby tilt their head in one direction and only able to fully turn in another). We started physical therapy right away and it began to help. But during her physical therapy sessions, her therapist and I noticed that she slouched quite a bit. As a first time mom, I just figured it was because she was so little and couldn't hold herself up straight. After a few weeks an no improvement, the therapist suggested that I bring it up to her pediatrician. So the a few weeks ago I did just that. Our pediatrician sent us to get X-Rays twice. The first time was horrible. They held my baby girl down tight, and used these sponge clamps to hold her head straight, all while she was

screaming her little lungs out. After getting those x-rays, the pediatrician sent us to get another set (I went to a different place and this time it was so easy). Anyways, the doctor said that it looks like she has scoliosis and referred us to Children's Hospital nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get our appointment until October. So here we are... 3 months away from our appointment and I have no idea what to expect or how bad the curve is. I'm super careful of how I hold and position Ximena because I don't want to make it worse. (I won't let her use her Bumbo seat because I'm afraid it'll strain her back and make the curve worse).Since I'm so far away from the appointment, I've been having extreme anxiety and don't know what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or let me know what I should expect from my first few doctor's visits?

Guest guest

Welcome to Cast. May I recommend a few things to get you started? Pls read Growth as a corrective force in the Early Treatment of progressive infantile scoliosis,” by Mehta and view A New Direction DVD….The dvd can be found on the youtube section of www.infantilescoliosis.org and can be viewed in 3 parts. It will give you great direction in holding your daughter as to try and avoid further progression while you wait….ISOP can also send you a New Direction DVD, if you like. These 2 items will help you to better understand the necessity of getting your daughter treated early w/ EDF/Mehta casting if she has a progressive case of infantile scoliosis. Did the ortho or radiological tech happen to give you and measurement #’s like a Cobb angle or RVAD to help determine and/or appreciate the pattern of progression?HRH From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of messyyesiSent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:22 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Introduction Hello Everyone!I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time mother to a beautiful 3-month old named Ximena. Immediately from birth I noticed she had a head tilt. She was diagnosed with torticollis right away (a shortening of a neck muscle making the baby tilt their head in one direction and only able to fully turn in another). We started physical therapy right away and it began to help. But during her physical therapy sessions, her therapist and I noticed that she slouched quite a bit. As a first time mom, I just figured it was because she was so little and couldn't hold herself up straight. After a few weeks an no improvement, the therapist suggested that I bring it up to her pediatrician. So the a few weeks ago I did just that. Our pediatrician sent us to get X-Rays twice. The first time was horrible. They held my baby girl down tight, and used these sponge clamps to hold her head straight, all while she was screaming her little lungs out. After getting those x-rays, the pediatrician sent us to get another set (I went to a different place and this time it was so easy). Anyways, the doctor said that it looks like she has scoliosis and referred us to Children's Hospital nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get our appointment until October. So here we are... 3 months away from our appointment and I have no idea what to expect or how bad the curve is. I'm super careful of how I hold and position Ximena because I don't want to make it worse. (I won't let her use her Bumbo seat because I'm afraid it'll strain her back and make the curve worse).Since I'm so far away from the appointment, I've been having extreme anxiety and don't know what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or let me know what I should expect from my first few doctor's visits?

Guest guest

Thanks. I read the article, but have not yet watched the video. We haven't seen

the ortho yet, and the xrays tech didn't give us any info yet. Luckily

Though, we got our ortho appt move to august so we don't have to wait until

October anymore.

>

> Welcome to Cast. May I recommend a few things to get you started? Pls read

> Growth as a corrective force in the Early Treatment of progressive infantile

> scoliosis, " by Mehta and view A New Direction DVD..The dvd can be found on

> the youtube section of www.infantilescoliosis.org and can be viewed in 3

> parts. It will give you great direction in holding your daughter as to try

> and avoid further progression while you wait..ISOP can also send you a New

> Direction DVD, if you like. These 2 items will help you to better

> understand the necessity of getting your daughter treated early w/ EDF/Mehta

> casting if she has a progressive case of infantile scoliosis. Did the ortho

> or radiological tech happen to give you and measurement #'s like a Cobb

> angle or RVAD to help determine and/or appreciate the pattern of

> progression?

>

> HRH

>

>

>

> From: infantile scoliosis treatment

> [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of messyyesi

> Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:22 PM

> infantile scoliosis treatment

> Subject: Introduction

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello Everyone!

>

> I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time mother

> to a beautiful 3-month old named Ximena. Immediately from birth I noticed

> she had a head tilt. She was diagnosed with torticollis right away (a

> shortening of a neck muscle making the baby tilt their head in one direction

> and only able to fully turn in another). We started physical therapy right

> away and it began to help. But during her physical therapy sessions, her

> therapist and I noticed that she slouched quite a bit. As a first time mom,

> I just figured it was because she was so little and couldn't hold herself up

> straight. After a few weeks an no improvement, the therapist suggested that

> I bring it up to her pediatrician. So the a few weeks ago I did just that.

> Our pediatrician sent us to get X-Rays twice. The first time was horrible.

> They held my baby girl down tight, and used these sponge clamps to hold her

> head straight, all while she was screaming her little lungs out. After

> getting those x-rays, the pediatrician sent us to get another set (I went to

> a different place and this time it was so easy).

>

> Anyways, the doctor said that it looks like she has scoliosis and referred

> us to Children's Hospital nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get our

> appointment until October. So here we are... 3 months away from our

> appointment and I have no idea what to expect or how bad the curve is. I'm

> super careful of how I hold and position Ximena because I don't want to make

> it worse. (I won't let her use her Bumbo seat because I'm afraid it'll

> strain her back and make the curve worse).

>

> Since I'm so far away from the appointment, I've been having extreme anxiety

> and don't know what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or let me know

> what I should expect from my first few doctor's visits?

>

Guest guest

The wait and watch approach is not the best plan for PIS. Excellent news on getting the appt. moved up to August! Please keep us posted.HRH From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of messyyesiSent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:41 AMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Introduction Thanks. I read the article, but have not yet watched the video. We haven't seen the ortho yet, and the xrays tech didn't give us any info yet. LuckilyThough, we got our ortho appt move to august so we don't have to wait until October anymore. >> Welcome to Cast. May I recommend a few things to get you started? Pls read> Growth as a corrective force in the Early Treatment of progressive infantile> scoliosis, " by Mehta and view A New Direction DVD..The dvd can be found on> the youtube section of www.infantilescoliosis.org and can be viewed in 3> parts. It will give you great direction in holding your daughter as to try> and avoid further progression while you wait..ISOP can also send you a New> Direction DVD, if you like. These 2 items will help you to better> understand the necessity of getting your daughter treated early w/ EDF/Mehta> casting if she has a progressive case of infantile scoliosis. Did the ortho> or radiological tech happen to give you and measurement #'s like a Cobb> angle or RVAD to help determine and/or appreciate the pattern of> progression?> > HRH> > > > From: infantile scoliosis treatment > [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of messyyesi> Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:22 PM> infantile scoliosis treatment > Subject: Introduction> > > > > > Hello Everyone!> > I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time mother> to a beautiful 3-month old named Ximena. Immediately from birth I noticed> she had a head tilt. She was diagnosed with torticollis right away (a> shortening of a neck muscle making the baby tilt their head in one direction> and only able to fully turn in another). We started physical therapy right> away and it began to help. But during her physical therapy sessions, her> therapist and I noticed that she slouched quite a bit. As a first time mom,> I just figured it was because she was so little and couldn't hold herself up> straight. After a few weeks an no improvement, the therapist suggested that> I bring it up to her pediatrician. So the a few weeks ago I did just that.> Our pediatrician sent us to get X-Rays twice. The first time was horrible.> They held my baby girl down tight, and used these sponge clamps to hold her> head straight, all while she was screaming her little lungs out. After> getting those x-rays, the pediatrician sent us to get another set (I went to> a different place and this time it was so easy). > > Anyways, the doctor said that it looks like she has scoliosis and referred> us to Children's Hospital nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get our> appointment until October. So here we are... 3 months away from our> appointment and I have no idea what to expect or how bad the curve is. I'm> super careful of how I hold and position Ximena because I don't want to make> it worse. (I won't let her use her Bumbo seat because I'm afraid it'll> strain her back and make the curve worse).> > Since I'm so far away from the appointment, I've been having extreme anxiety> and don't know what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or let me know> what I should expect from my first few doctor's visits?>

Guest guest

Our daughter was diagnosed at 2. Has been trialed off twice. The last time was

2001. She failed both times. She is 16 (17 in April). She's making more

decisions each appt so my job is about over. She also has lung problems and an

endocrine disorder. She will be a Junior and starts school Monday. She likes

drama and show choir.

Ursula

Mom to Macey (16,CVID)

On Jul 29, 2011, at 7:45 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

> Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

>

> My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when he

was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was about 10 when

we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the IVIG again until

March of 2010 when he was again 'trialed' off. This year, he had pre and post

Pnuemo-titers and IGG levels. His pre injection IGG level was about 573, I'm

using memory on this one. His post injection IGG level dropped to 472 and he

mounted an immunity to 9 of 23 Pneumococcals, if that's what it's called. Since

his last IVIG, he has had one pneumonia and one sinus infection both being

treated successfully with one round of antibiotics. Now, his immunologist would

like to initiate IVIG again but I'm against it. So, we decided to wait to

reasses his levels in two months. It's very confusing because his immunologist

initialled diagnosed him with Hypogamm and when he was assessed this year, she

said he would be labeled CVID if he hadn't mounted an immunity to any or less

than 2 of the pneumococcals....confusing....LOL

>

> He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are forever

squashed.

>

> On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think it

would help my son a TON to speak with someone. He's really having a tough time

with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though that

isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing to talk/ text

another almost adult, please let me know...

>

> Thank you for everything!!!

>

>

Guest guest

Our daughter was diagnosed at 2. Has been trialed off twice. The last time was

2001. She failed both times. She is 16 (17 in April). She's making more

decisions each appt so my job is about over. She also has lung problems and an

endocrine disorder. She will be a Junior and starts school Monday. She likes

drama and show choir.

Ursula

Mom to Macey (16,CVID)

On Jul 29, 2011, at 7:45 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

> Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

>

> My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when he

>

> He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are forever

squashed.

>

> On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think it

>

> Thank you for everything!!!

>

>

Guest guest

The dicision making has been making it tough on me. I'm a nurse and I know

what's best for him, but he IS old enough to make his own medical decisions.

When I told him about the potential of starting the IVIG again, he said NO.

There really isn't much I can do right now...

>

> > Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

> >

> > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when he

> >

> > He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are

forever squashed.

> >

> > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think it

> >

> > Thank you for everything!!!

> >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> >

> > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when he

> >

forever squashed.

> >

> > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think it

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

I just had to add, that it brings me to tears that my son is making these

decisions without really understanding the consequences. But honestly, what

makes me even more sad, is that he wants so bad to enter the military and with

this diagnosis, he won't be permitted to unless he doesn't tell the truth. I

feel overwhelmed, one day I think he's outgrown this, then next thing I know,

I'm told he needs IVIG again....sometimes it's just too much.

> >

> > > Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

> > >

> > > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when

he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was about 10

when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the IVIG again

until March of 2010 when he was again 'trialed' off. This year, he had pre and

post Pnuemo-titers and IGG levels. His pre injection IGG level was about 573,

I'm using memory on this one. His post injection IGG level dropped to 472 and he

> > >

> > > He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are

forever squashed.

> > >

> > > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

it would help my son a TON to speak with someone. He's really having a tough

time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though that

> > >

> > > Thank you for everything!!!

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

He'll go for it when he feels cruddy enough. Thankfully his deficiency is not

so pronounced to likely give him time to figure that out.

Ursula

On Jul 29, 2011, at 9:46 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

>

> The dicision making has been making it tough on me. I'm a nurse and I know

>

>

> >

> > >

I'm using memory on this one. His post injection IGG level dropped to 472 and he

> > >

forever squashed.

> > >

time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though that

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

He'll go for it when he feels cruddy enough. Thankfully his deficiency is not

Ursula

On Jul 29, 2011, at 9:46 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

>

> The dicision making has been making it tough on me. I'm a nurse and I know

>

>

> >

> > >

> > >

forever squashed.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hello, My son is 15 almost 16 and he too had dreamed of a career in the

military. But.... that will not be the case. He will not be able to lie about it

because they will get his records.My son is on Sub Q after being on IVIg from

the age of 3 and then trialing off at 10 that was a fail. I am thinking the 2

number was atleast a 2 fold response to the antibodies. I am worried about them

trialing off my son again that he will REFUSE treatment. We have battled for

years about doing the infusions although Sub Q is simple in comparison with WAY

fewer side effects and better maintenance of the levels. I was going to say that

maybe helping your son look at being an Engineer and working towards being a

contractor with the military would be a good alternative since they make even

MORE money. Oh I am also an RN. It is tough to watch these kids dreams being

squashed but reality sets in for all of us and we need to work towards more

reasonable opportunities. Feel

free if you want to contact me directly if you just want to talk. I am in WA

state.

BARBIE  

>________________________________

>From: Ursula Holleman <uahollem@...>

> " " < >

>Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:22 AM

>Subject: Re: Re: introduction

>

>

> 

>He'll go for it when he feels cruddy enough. Thankfully his deficiency is not

>

>Ursula

>

>On Jul 29, 2011, at 9:46 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

>

>>

>> The dicision making has been making it tough on me. I'm a nurse and I know

>>

>>

>> >

>> > > Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

>> > >

>> > > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam when

said he would be labeled CVID

if he hadn't mounted an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

pneumococcals....confusing....LOL

>> > >

>> > > He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are

forever squashed.

>> > >

>> > > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

>> > >

>> > > Thank you for everything!!!

>> > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

Guest guest

Molly,

My son just turned 4 and was diagnosed with Brutons agamma about a year and a

half ago. I do not have any immune issues and I could not understand what he

was going through. This Ped group has been great, full of information and

support. In addition, I have been in contact with the immune deficience

foundation and they send me the below e-mail - (I copied the e-mail below for

contact information). You might want to consider contacting her for additional

contacts for your son. I was contacted by 2 adult men and 1 mother that have

lived with agamma all their lives... they have been so helpful filling in some

of the missing pieces for me. There is also a PID that maybe

your son would like to subscribe - there are many people on there willing to

give lots of support. All these groups have been wonderful & full of

information. I lived all my life in Ohio (Elyria/Grafton area) and now for the

past 4 years in Northern Indiana. You mentioned the PID in August at the

Cleveland Zoo - can you give me the date? I happen to be visiting my family

right now in Ohio and we talked about going to the zoo, how ironic! My mom has

CVID.

Here is the e-mail:

Dear Terri,

Thank you for contacting the Immune Deficiency Foundation. Since XLA is rare,

there isn’t an in-person support group in your area. However, IDF does have

wonderful volunteers who are parents of children with XLA or adults living with

XLA to contact you via email or phone. Please let me know if you would like to

hear from them.

I’ve attached an invitation to an IDF Family Conference Day scheduled in East

Lansing, MI on April 30th. If you are available, I hope you can join us.

I look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to others.

Sincerely,

Kathy

Antilla, MAEd

Director of Education & Volunteer Development

Immune Deficiency Foundation

40 W. Chesapeake Ave., Suite 308

Towson, MD 21204

763.444.6840 (direct)

763.444.6897 (fax)

443.939.9438 (mobile)

800-296-4433 (toll free)

www.primaryimmune.org

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:54:43 +0000

Subject: Re: introduction

makes me even more sad, is that he wants so bad to enter the military and with

this diagnosis, he won't be permitted to unless he doesn't tell the truth. I

feel overwhelmed, one day I think he's outgrown this, then next thing I know,

I'm told he needs IVIG again....sometimes it's just too much.

> >

> > >

> > >

forever squashed.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Terri,

The zoo date is Aug 21. We went a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun. I

personally don't care for zoos but had fun and that's all that counts.

> > >

> > > > Good morning, at least in Ohio it's morning.

> > > >

> > > > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam

when he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was about

10 when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the IVIG again

> > > >

> > > > He wants to enter the military and with this diagnosis, his dreams are

forever squashed.

> > > >

> > > > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

> > > >

> > > > Thank you for everything!!!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Terri,

The zoo date is Aug 21. We went a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun. I

personally don't care for zoos but had fun and that's all that counts.

> > >

> > > >

when he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was about

10 when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the IVIG again

> > > >

forever squashed.

> > > >

> > > > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

I can relate. My kids are 9 and 10 and 5 but some days I just feel that

this is so hard and feel so sad...u just wonder when the problems are going

to end with these kids.. And what there out come will be . but we just cant

give up hope on them your this illness. Just keep praying and the good lord

will take charge.. kim

Molly

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:55 AM

makes me even more sad, is that he wants so bad to enter the military and

with this diagnosis, he won't be permitted to unless he doesn't tell the

truth. I feel overwhelmed, one day I think he's outgrown this, then next

thing I know, I'm told he needs IVIG again....sometimes it's just too much.

> >

> > >

> > > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam

when he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was

about 10 when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the

IVIG again until March of 2010 when he was again 'trialed' off. This year,

he had pre and post Pnuemo-titers and IGG levels. His pre injection IGG

level was about 573, I'm using memory on this one. His post injection IGG

level dropped to 472 and he mounted an immunity to 9 of 23 Pneumococcals, if

that's what it's called. Since his last IVIG, he has had one pneumonia and

one sinus infection both being treated successfully with one round of

antibiotics. Now, his immunologist would like to initiate IVIG again but I'm

against it. So, we decided to wait to reasses his levels in two months. It's

very confusing because his immunologist initialled diagnosed him with

Hypogamm and when he was assessed this year, she said he would be labeled

CVID if he hadn't mounted an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

> > >

forever squashed.

> > >

> > > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I

think it would help my son a TON to speak with someone. He's really having a

tough time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as

though that isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing

to talk/ text another almost adult, please let me know...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Maybe u could get him to do the sub q its so much easyer and hes a lot more

free to do things with it.maybe that would help his thinking..

Molly

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:47 AM

>

> >

> > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam

CVID if he hadn't mount ed an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

> >

forever squashed.

> >

> > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though

that isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing to

talk/ text another almost adult, please let me know...

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Maybe u could get him to do the sub q its so much easyer and hes a lot more

free to do things with it.maybe that would help his thinking..

Molly

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:47 AM

>

> >

> > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam

CVID if he hadn't mount ed an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

> >

forever squashed.

> >

> > On a side note, are there any other almost adults with Hypogamm? I think

time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though

that isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing to

talk/ text another almost adult, please let me know...

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Kim,

We did try the subq route; however, my son is tall and thin and unfortunately

doesn't have a whole lot of fat tissue so it was really uncomfortable for him.

He's 5'11 " and weighs all of #138. We used two sites but they got uncomfortably

large. He was a trooper and tried it for about 2 months. He actually prefers

IVIG: he used Emla and his nurse was AMAZING. He was usually done within 1 1/2

hours.

He was just diagnosed with a sinus infection so I'm curious to see where this

goes.

> >

> > >

> > > My name is and my 17 year old son was diagnosed with Hypogam

> when he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was

> about 10 when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the

> IVIG again until March of 2010 when he was again 'trialed' off. This year,

> he had pre and post Pnuemo-titers and IGG levels. His pre injection IGG

> level was about 573, I'm using memory on this one. His post injection IGG

> level dropped to 472 and he mounted an immunity to 9 of 23 Pneumococcals, if

> that's what it's called. Since his last IVIG, he has had one pneumonia and

> one sinus infection both being treated successfully with one round of

> antibiotics. Now, his immunologist would like to initiate IVIG again but I'm

> against it. So, we decided to wait to reasses his levels in two months. It's

> very confusing because his immunologist initialled diagnosed him with

> Hypogamm and when he was assessed this year, she said he would be labeled

> CVID if he hadn't mount ed an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

> pneumococcals....confusing....LOL

> > >

> forever squashed.

> > >

> it would help my son a TON to speak with someone. He's really having a tough

> time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though

> that isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing to

> talk/ text another almost adult, please let me know...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Does he keep go trough levels on the IV route?

Ursula

On Jul 30, 2011, at 10:04 AM, " Molly " <sds44001@...> wrote:

> Kim,

> We did try the subq route; however, my son is tall and thin and unfortunately

doesn't have a whole lot of fat tissue so it was really uncomfortable for him.

He's 5'11 " and weighs all of #138. We used two sites but they got uncomfortably

large. He was a trooper and tried it for about 2 months. He actually prefers

IVIG: he used Emla and his nurse was AMAZING. He was usually done within 1 1/2

hours.

>

> He was just diagnosed with a sinus infection so I'm curious to see where this

goes.

>

>

> > >

> > > >

> > when he was 6 years old. He recieved IVIG every three weeks until he was

> > about 10 when we 'trialed' him off, unsuccessfully. He then continued the

> > IVIG again until March of 2010 when he was again 'trialed' off. This year,

> > he had pre and post Pnuemo-titers and IGG levels. His pre injection IGG

> > level was about 573, I'm using memory on this one. His post injection IGG

> > level dropped to 472 and he mounted an immunity to 9 of 23 Pneumococcals, if

> > that's what it's called. Since his last IVIG, he has had one pneumonia and

> > one sinus infection both being treated successfully with one round of

> > antibiotics. Now, his immunologist would like to initiate IVIG again but I'm

> > against it. So, we decided to wait to reasses his levels in two months. It's

> > very confusing because his immunologist initialled diagnosed him with

> > Hypogamm and when he was assessed this year, she said he would be labeled

> > CVID if he hadn't mount ed an immunity to any or less than 2 of the

> > pneumococcals....confusing....LOL

> > > >

> > forever squashed.

> > > >

> > it would help my son a TON to speak with someone. He's really having a tough

> > time with this. We thought he had a kidney disease but it appears as though

> > that isn't the case. If there's an almost adult who would be willing to

> > talk/ text another almost adult, please let me know...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >