RemedySpot.com

Re: (OT) Real Simple mentions vaccination

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Some of us have colleagues and/or family members who were affected shortly after receiving vaccines,....I don't know whether their problems ended up being picked up by the surveillance system as they should have been, ... Aasaoregonscrappers <meganrallen@...> wrote: This is from an article called "When your child plays with 'Danger Boy'" from www.realsimple.com (copied and pasted from http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/12/31/sticky.parenting/index.html):Situation 3The Sticky Situation: You are opting not to vaccinate your son until he is six months old, and you're getting a healthy dose of criticism.How to Handle It: Vaccinations are a touchy subject, so the best defense against critics is information. Most parents begin vaccinations when a baby is two months old, but some choose to wait until six months or a year, as breast-fed newborns get antibodies from their mothers that last about a year. "It's not easy, because you are going against the norm. But you can inform fellow parents about websites or research you've read," says Buchalter.Practice what you'll say; hearing the justification out loud helps you avoid getting defensive or emotional on the spot. If you face

really nosy opposition, laugh it off. "Say, 'Wow, you must know more about this than my pediatrician. Do you think you could come to my next appointment and explain this to him?'" says Ariane Price, a mother and a performer with the Groundlings Theater, in Los Angeles._________________________________________Finally. Something to smile about in mainstream media.Meg (happy new year! 2008 is going to be full of leaps & changes!)