RemedySpot.com

Re: Giant Squid caught on film

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> Exactly why I don't eat anything that has eyes!

> Rainbow

And yet another vegetarian... wow! I am pleasantly surprised I am not

the only one in this group.... :)))

maYa:

> And yet another vegetarian... wow! I am pleasantly surprised I am not the

> only one in this group.... :)))

I used to be a vegetarian. Now I eat fish. Not squid, though. Had a deep

fried one by mistake once. Like eating rubber! :-(

Inger

Inger,

If the squid was like rubber it was fried for too long and not made fresh, or the skin was left on. Fresh squid cleaned, breaded and fried properly isn't rubbery, it is chewy more like steak or lobster, or shrimp, but not rubbery. If it is cooked in a sauce not fried at all, it isn't rubbery either, so don't give up on it yet. I actually like squid, and cook it if I can find it fresh in the stores.

BethInger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote:

maYa:> And yet another vegetarian... wow! I am pleasantly surprised I am not the > only one in this group.... :)))I used to be a vegetarian. Now I eat fish. Not squid, though. Had a deep fried one by mistake once. Like eating rubber! :-(Inger

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Thanks, but I still think I'll give it a miss. Especially after this discussion on Giant Squid. ;-)

Inger

Re: Re: Giant Squid caught on film

Inger,

If the squid was like rubber it was fried for too long and not made fresh, or the skin was left on. Fresh squid cleaned, breaded and fried properly isn't rubbery, it is chewy more like steak or lobster, or shrimp, but not rubbery. If it is cooked in a sauce not fried at all, it isn't rubbery either, so don't give up on it yet. I actually like squid, and cook it if I can find it fresh in the stores.

BethInger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote:

maYa:> And yet another vegetarian... wow! I am pleasantly surprised I am not the > only one in this group.... :)))I used to be a vegetarian. Now I eat fish. Not squid, though. Had a deep fried one by mistake once. Like eating rubber! :-(Inger

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

>

> maYa:

> > And yet another vegetarian... wow! I am pleasantly surprised I am

not the

> > only one in this group.... :)))

>

> I used to be a vegetarian. Now I eat fish. Not squid, though. Had a

deep

> fried one by mistake once. Like eating rubber! :-(

>

> Inger

>

:) I am actually almost vegan, but sometimes I eat something with egg

or milk in it, and very seldomly (when in Slovakia for example) I eat

non-veggie cheese (eg most cheese has a substance in it from the

stomach of a calf.. Lord knows how they invented to make cheese like

that, it still riddles me! it must have dropped into the milk by

accident or something...), there's also veggie cheese though,

actually, I think Cheddar is always 100% vegetarian. Organic cheese is

most of the time veggie too...

My mom likes eating squid or 'calamare'(?) actually, try them fresh

with some lemon juice.. when they've been frozen they become utterly

unchewable indeed..

I saw something in the 7-11 today that made me think of this. It was a new kind of candy called Fear Factor, I guess based on the show. It was a gummi octopus (like gummi bears but it looked much wetter) in a bag. I was thinking about buying it, mostly to gross my mother out, but when I grabbed the bag and felt how squishy and wet it was, I realized she wouldn't be the only on getting grossed out.

I bought a rubber snake at the Mobile Science Museum in May, I'm sure I posted about that. It really gave the birds fits the first few times I put it out near the bird feeder, but they got sort of used to it, so I stopped. Didn't want them getting too used to seeing snakes around in case a real one showed up.

I've also got a rather realistic, furry mouse and rat. They are sitting on top of the computer monitor. That is their home so my mother can know where they are at all times. She's like that because she is deathly afraid of mice and rats. She's also like that because now and them I will hide them around the house where she will find them. I think its pretty funny even though her blood curdling screams are kind of annoying. Also if she is bad I'll get the mouse or rat and chase her back upstairs with them. I'll have to take a picture of them and post it.

LOL!

Reminds me of this rubber shark they had at my local zoo. When you squeezed it, there was a bulge coming out of its mouth that contained bits of severed body parts, lol, complete with red paint to look like blood. I bought one for my sister.

(She lives in another part of the country so I don't have to see her squeeze it.) ;-)

Inger

I saw something in the 7-11 today that made me think of this. It was a new kind of candy called Fear Factor, I guess based on the show. It was a gummi octopus (like gummi bears but it looked much wetter) in a bag. I was thinking about buying it, mostly to gross my mother out, but when I grabbed the bag and felt how squishy and wet it was, I realized she wouldn't be the only on getting grossed out.

:-o That sounds pretty sadistic, !

Rather like my black-sheep-of-the-family uncle who used to all the time try to scare me when I was a kid. A couple of times with snakes. Unfortunately (for him) this plan didn't quite work on me - I simply LOVE snakes.

Inger

I bought a rubber snake at the Mobile Science Museum in May, I'm sure I posted about that. It really gave the birds fits the first few times I put it out near the bird feeder, but they got sort of used to it, so I stopped. Didn't want them getting too used to seeing snakes around in case a real one showed up.

I've also got a rather realistic, furry mouse and rat. They are sitting on top of the computer monitor. That is their home so my mother can know where they are at all times. She's like that because she is deathly afraid of mice and rats. She's also like that because now and them I will hide them around the house where she will find them. I think its pretty funny even though her blood curdling screams are kind of annoying. Also if she is bad I'll get the mouse or rat and chase her back upstairs with them. I'll have to take a picture of them and post it.